|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Akin want to go to the ship?
(a) To go with Dichaan to see his Oankali mother.
(b) He doesn't want to go to the ship.
(c) To help the resisters.
(d) To accompany Lilith to the ship.
2. What does one of the woman in Phoenix want to do with the two female constructs?
(a) Adopt them.
(b) Send them back to the Oankali.
(c) Cut off their sensory arms.
(d) Kill them.
3. What does Nikanj tell Jodahs will be one of Jodahs' abilities?
(a) He will be able to mate without an ooloi.
(b) He can change his body to be what his mate wants.
(c) He can control a space ship with his mind.
(d) He will always know if someone is telling the truth.
4. Why does Akin spend a lot of time with Tate when he first arrives in Phoenix?
(a) She is sick.
(b) He wants her to have his child.
(c) She is dying.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. What does Akin fear about metamorphosis?
(a) He will no longer look Oankali.
(b) He will no longer look human.
(c) He will no longer be an ooloi.
(d) He will no longer be a male.
6. What do the people in Phoenix talk to Akin about when he is changing?
(a) About going to another planet.
(b) About Tate and Gabriel.
(c) About how horrible he looks.
(d) About his mother, Lilith.
7. What sex does Jodahs think it will be after his metamorphosis?
(d) He doesn't have an opinion.
8. About what is Tino arguing with the Oankali in Chapter 1?
(a) Spending time on the space ship.
9. What kind of ooloia would the man in question # 161 use?
(a) Who does not look human.
(b) Who does not look Oankali.
(c) Who looks like a human male.
(d) Who looks like a woman he dreamed of when he was young.
10. How do Akin's captors find a note left at the first village?
(a) The men ransacked the village.
(b) Galt knows where it is, it is his village.
(c) It is posted in the middle of the village.
(d) Akin smells the ink.
11. Why does Akin decide to stay close to one particular captor?
(a) The man is smaller than the others.
(b) The man reminds him of his father.
(c) He seems like the leader.
(d) The man has been kind to him.
12. Who comes to the house where Akin is and begins to fight with the men who brought Akin to Phoenix?
(b) Tino's brother.
(c) Tino's father.
13. Why do the humans who don't want to leave Earth still decide to do it?
(a) To be healed of deformities.
(b) To have a longer life span.
(c) To have a planet that hasn't had a war on it.
(d) To get out from under the Oankali.
14. Who takes the men into their home?
(a) Solon and Debria.
(b) Handon and Lydia.
(c) Tino's father.
(d) Tate and Gabriel.
15. What does Akin tell the man who takes him away from the group?
(a) That he wants to go home.
(b) That he is not human.
(c) That the ooloi will be coming for him.
(d) That an ooloia could heal the man who has something wrong with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form of body does Akin prefer?
2. With what does Tate promise to help Akin?
3. What urge will come upon Akin when he begins metamorphosis?
4. Why doesn't Jodahs want to mate with Marina?
5. Why does Gabriel hit Akin?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)