|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Akin go first when he returns to earth?
2. Why doesn't Jodahs want to help heal the human whose leg needs amputated?
(a) It is hard to let the humans go.
(b) He thinks it might kill him.
(c) He doesn't like humans.
(d) He is afraid to hurt the human.
3. Who comes to the house where Akin is and begins to fight with the men who brought Akin to Phoenix?
(a) Tino's father.
(b) Tino's brother.
4. In Chapter 4, what is wrong with one of Akin's captors?
(a) He breaks his arm.
(b) He is horribly deformed.
(c) His hand and leg are burned.
(d) He is sick and vomiting blood.
5. About what does Akin talk to Tate?
(a) Healing Gabriel.
(b) Mars and options for having children.
(c) Going to the Oankali ship.
(d) How to stay healthy.
6. What does Akin think he should do for the humans?
(a) Live with them and teach them technology.
(b) Heal their infertility.
(c) Find another world for them without the Oankali.
(d) Help them over throw the Oankali.
7. Why would Akin's opinions hold little sway with the Oankali?
(a) He is part human.
(b) He has not done metamorphosis.
(c) He is too impulsive.
(d) They consider him a child.
8. What does Jodahs seek when he goes into the forest?
(a) A totem animal.
(c) A human woman.
(d) A way to heal Aaor.
9. What does Nikanj tell the family to do if they come upon resisters?
(c) Talk to them.
(d) Sting if necessary.
10. What does Nikanj say about Jodahs change?
(a) He won't change due to the human DNA.
(b) He will be male.
(c) He will be female.
(d) He will be ooloi.
11. Why does Akin remain quiet as they leave the second village in the middle of the night?
(a) He does not want anyone killed.
(b) He wants to protect Galt.
(c) He does not want to get sick like the villagers.
(d) He does not want to be left there.
12. Why does Akin hope he will be bought in Phoenix?
(a) It is very clean.
(b) The food is good.
(c) It is Tino's home village.
(d) There are many nice people there.
13. Who is Akin's same sex Oankali parent?
14. Why does Gabriel hit Akin?
(a) Because he looks Oankali now.
(b) He thought he was someone else.
(c) He found him mating with Tate.
(d) He thinks Akin is hurting Tate.
15. What sex does Jodahs think it will be after his metamorphosis?
(b) He doesn't have an opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Akin's captors find a note left at the first village?
2. Why do Akin and his captors leave the second village in the middle of the night?
3. Why is Tiikuchahk going to stay around Akin?
4. What does Aaor tell Jodahs after he links with him?
5. Where is Akin taken to show him where he will be hid if the Oankali come?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)