|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jodahs seek when he goes into the forest?
(a) A totem animal.
(c) A way to heal Aaor.
(d) A human woman.
2. Why doesn't Jodahs want to help heal the human whose leg needs amputated?
(a) He doesn't like humans.
(b) He is afraid to hurt the human.
(c) It is hard to let the humans go.
(d) He thinks it might kill him.
3. What kind of work did Gabriel do before the war?
(a) He was in the military.
(b) He was a banker.
(c) He was a police officer.
(d) He was an actor.
4. What does Akin realize after he wakes up from Gabriel hitting him?
(a) He has started metamorphosis.
(b) Gabriel almost killed him.
(c) Humans are too violent.
(d) He has finished metamorphosis.
5. Why do the humans who don't want to leave Earth still decide to do it?
(a) To be healed of deformities.
(b) To have a longer life span.
(c) To get out from under the Oankali.
(d) To have a planet that hasn't had a war on it.
6. What happens to Aaor after Jodahs heals the human?
(a) Aaor doesn't want to heal anyone else.
(b) Aaor gets sick.
(c) Aaor wants to mate with the human.
(d) Aaor wants to stay with Jodahs.
7. What does Jodahs say about metamorphosis?
(a) It almost killed him.
(b) It was easy and fast.
(c) He had signs for months.
(d) It came without warning.
8. Why does Tate say she will leave Earth?
(a) She has not had a happy life there.
(b) It is too primitive.
(c) It is too polluted.
(d) To have children.
9. Who rescues Akin when the house is on fire?
10. Why might any construct be frightened of becoming ooloi?
(a) They are considered dangerous.
(b) The constructs are not afraid of being ooloi.
(c) They will die young.
(d) They are killed immediately.
11. Why does Jodahs look as he does?
(a) He doesn't know why he looks that way.
(b) There are no Oankali around to please.
(c) He is trying to fly.
(d) There are no humans around to please.
12. What does the ooloi tell Akin about his bonding with Tiikuchahk?
(a) It was successful.
(b) He cannot bond.
(c) It went very wrong and Tiikuchahk is dead.
(d) No ooloi tells him anything.
13. In Chapter 6, what has changed in Aaor's and Jodahs' relationship?
(a) Nothing has changed.
(b) They will have to live with each other.
(c) They cannot be paired siblings.
(d) They will mate.
14. In Chapter 4, what is wrong with one of Akin's captors?
(a) He is horribly deformed.
(b) His hand and leg are burned.
(c) He breaks his arm.
(d) He is sick and vomiting blood.
15. What does Dichaan believe about humanity?
(a) The Oankali have given them a second chance.
(b) Humans and Oankali should never live together.
(c) The Oankali are far superior to the humans.
(d) The humans are superior to the Oankali.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nikanj disappointed about Aaor's metamorphosis?
2. About what is Tino arguing with the Oankali in Chapter 1?
3. Why does Akin remain quiet as they leave the second village in the middle of the night?
4. What will happen to Earth when the Oankali ship leaves it?
5. Who is Akin's same sex Oankali parent?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)