|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the note say the men found in the village?
(a) The people have moved to Phoenix.
(b) The people were carried off by other humans.
(c) The people are going to another location.
(d) The people have decided to go live with the Oankali.
2. In Chapter 4, what is wrong with one of Akin's captors?
(a) His hand and leg are burned.
(b) He is sick and vomiting blood.
(c) He breaks his arm.
(d) He is horribly deformed.
3. Why is Tiikuchahk going to stay around Akin?
(a) He is his body guard.
(b) He has to teach Akin how to heal people.
(c) He is his closest age sibling.
(d) He is infatuated with Akin.
4. In Chapter One of Exile, what does Jodahs begin to look like?
(a) A creature of the water.
(b) A type of bird.
(c) A full blood Oankali.
(d) A full blood human.
5. What sex does Jodahs think it will be after his metamorphosis?
(c) He doesn't have an opinion.
6. What does Akin argue about on the shuttle?
(a) Not having to go through metamorphosis.
(b) Humanity to not be forced into relationship with the Oankali.
(c) That humans should be forced to bond with the ooloi.
(d) The Oankali's responsibility towards the humans.
7. What does Akin think he should do for the humans?
(a) Help them over throw the Oankali.
(b) Heal their infertility.
(c) Find another world for them without the Oankali.
(d) Live with them and teach them technology.
8. What does Nikanj tell Jodahs will be one of Jodahs' abilities?
(a) He can control a space ship with his mind.
(b) He will be able to mate without an ooloi.
(c) He will always know if someone is telling the truth.
(d) He can change his body to be what his mate wants.
9. What relationship do Tomas and Jesusa share?
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Uncle and niece.
10. Why does Jodahs look as he does?
(a) He doesn't know why he looks that way.
(b) There are no Oankali around to please.
(c) There are no humans around to please.
(d) He is trying to fly.
11. What does Akin tell the man who takes him away from the group?
(a) That the ooloi will be coming for him.
(b) That he wants to go home.
(c) That an ooloia could heal the man who has something wrong with him.
(d) That he is not human.
12. Why do the humans who don't want to leave Earth still decide to do it?
(a) To get out from under the Oankali.
(b) To have a longer life span.
(c) To be healed of deformities.
(d) To have a planet that hasn't had a war on it.
13. What does Jodahs seek when he goes into the forest?
(a) A human woman.
(b) A totem animal.
(d) A way to heal Aaor.
14. How long does metamorphosis take?
(b) Seven days.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three weeks.
15. What does one of the woman in Phoenix want to do with the two female constructs?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Send them back to the Oankali.
(c) Cut off their sensory arms.
(d) Adopt them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ooloi tell Akin about his bonding with Tiikuchahk?
2. With whom is Akin spending a lot of his time?
3. Where is Akin taken to show him where he will be hid if the Oankali come?
4. Why does Akin remain quiet as they leave the second village in the middle of the night?
5. About what do the people of Phoenix fight while Akin is there?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)