|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nikanj say about Jodahs change?
(a) He won't change due to the human DNA.
(b) He will be ooloi.
(c) He will be male.
(d) He will be female.
2. In Chapter 4, what is wrong with one of Akin's captors?
(a) He breaks his arm.
(b) He is horribly deformed.
(c) He is sick and vomiting blood.
(d) His hand and leg are burned.
3. What does one of the woman in Phoenix want to do with the two female constructs?
(a) Adopt them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Cut off their sensory arms.
(d) Send them back to the Oankali.
4. Why does the man in question #161 become angry with Jodahs?
(a) He hates the Oankali for destroying earth.
(b) He says Oankali use men as women.
(c) His leg still hurts.
(d) He is angry they amputated his leg.
5. What urge will come upon Akin when he begins metamorphosis?
(a) The urge to be with the Oankali.
(b) The urge to mate.
(c) The urge to be with humans.
(d) The urge to kill.
6. Why doesn't Jodahs want to help heal the human whose leg needs amputated?
(a) He is afraid to hurt the human.
(b) It is hard to let the humans go.
(c) He doesn't like humans.
(d) He thinks it might kill him.
7. Why does Akin want to go to the ship?
(a) He doesn't want to go to the ship.
(b) To accompany Lilith to the ship.
(c) To go with Dichaan to see his Oankali mother.
(d) To help the resisters.
8. How long does metamorphosis take?
(a) Seven days.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three weeks.
9. Why do Akin and his captors leave the second village in the middle of the night?
(a) The village won't pay anything for Akin.
(b) The village has a sickness.
(c) The men fear what the people will do to get Akin.
(d) The men don't like the food there.
10. What does Dichaan believe about humanity?
(a) Humans and Oankali should never live together.
(b) The Oankali have given them a second chance.
(c) The Oankali are far superior to the humans.
(d) The humans are superior to the Oankali.
11. What form of body does Akin prefer?
(a) He has no preference.
(c) A mixture of human and Oankali.
12. What happens to Aaor after Jodahs heals the human?
(a) Aaor doesn't want to heal anyone else.
(b) Aaor wants to stay with Jodahs.
(c) Aaor wants to mate with the human.
(d) Aaor gets sick.
13. Why does Gabriel hit Akin?
(a) Because he looks Oankali now.
(b) He thought he was someone else.
(c) He found him mating with Tate.
(d) He thinks Akin is hurting Tate.
14. What does Akin think he should do for the humans?
(a) Find another world for them without the Oankali.
(b) Help them over throw the Oankali.
(c) Live with them and teach them technology.
(d) Heal their infertility.
15. What does Akin tell the man who takes him away from the group?
(a) That he wants to go home.
(b) That an ooloia could heal the man who has something wrong with him.
(c) That the ooloi will be coming for him.
(d) That he is not human.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Tate promise to help Akin?
2. What does Akin fear about metamorphosis?
3. What will happen to the humans who might want to live on a new planet?
4. What will happen to Earth when the Oankali ship leaves it?
5. About what does Akin talk to Tate?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)