|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tiikuchahk going to stay around Akin?
(a) He has to teach Akin how to heal people.
(b) He is infatuated with Akin.
(c) He is his body guard.
(d) He is his closest age sibling.
2. What does Akin think he should do for the humans?
(a) Help them over throw the Oankali.
(b) Heal their infertility.
(c) Find another world for them without the Oankali.
(d) Live with them and teach them technology.
3. What form of body does Akin prefer?
(c) A mixture of human and Oankali.
(d) He has no preference.
4. About what do the people of Phoenix fight while Akin is there?
(a) Going to a colony on the Oankali home planet.
(b) The Mars colony.
(c) The Saturn colony.
(d) The Andromeda colony.
5. Why doesn't Jodahs want to mate with Marina?
(a) She is too old.
(b) She has the wrong DNA sequence.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She is too human.
6. What kind of work did Gabriel do before the war?
(a) He was in the military.
(b) He was a banker.
(c) He was an actor.
(d) He was a police officer.
7. Why does Akin spend a lot of time with Tate when he first arrives in Phoenix?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) He wants her to have his child.
(c) She is dying.
(d) She is sick.
8. Where is Akin taken to show him where he will be hid if the Oankali come?
(a) The woods north of the village.
(b) A cabin on the river.
(c) The salvage mines.
(d) The caves above the village.
9. With whom is Akin spending a lot of his time?
(a) The resisters.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sisters.
(d) The ooloi council.
10. In Chapter 2 where do the human resisters head with Akin?
(a) Across the forest on horseback.
(b) Upriver in a boat.
(c) They take him to the space ship.
(d) To the northern desert.
11. What happens to Aaor after Jodahs heals the human?
(a) Aaor wants to mate with the human.
(b) Aaor gets sick.
(c) Aaor doesn't want to heal anyone else.
(d) Aaor wants to stay with Jodahs.
12. Why might any construct be frightened of becoming ooloi?
(a) They are considered dangerous.
(b) The constructs are not afraid of being ooloi.
(c) They are killed immediately.
(d) They will die young.
13. With whom does Tino need to bond in Chapter 5?
(a) A sibling about to be born.
(d) Another ooloi.
14. What does Nikanj say about Jodahs change?
(a) He will be ooloi.
(b) He won't change due to the human DNA.
(c) He will be female.
(d) He will be male.
15. With what does Tate promise to help Akin?
(a) The Oankali.
(b) Gabriel's anger.
(c) His mother.
(d) Other humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship do Tomas and Jesusa share?
2. What will Akin do after he bonds with Tiikuchahk?
3. What does one of the woman in Phoenix want to do with the two female constructs?
4. What does Nikanj tell the family to do if they come upon resisters?
5. What can ooloi do that might make them powerful?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)