|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tate say she will leave Earth?
(a) It is too polluted.
(b) She has not had a happy life there.
(c) It is too primitive.
(d) To have children.
2. What can ooloi do that might make them powerful?
(a) Control the wind.
(b) Take over control of other people's minds.
(c) They are not particularly powerful.
(d) Control genetic material.
3. What does the ooloi tell Akin about his bonding with Tiikuchahk?
(a) No ooloi tells him anything.
(b) It was successful.
(c) He cannot bond.
(d) It went very wrong and Tiikuchahk is dead.
4. Why is Nikanj disappointed about Aaor's metamorphosis?
(a) Aaor is going to be a female.
(b) Aaor is going to be a male.
(c) Aaor is going to be an ooloi.
(d) Aaor is not going to complete metamorphosis.
5. How long does metamorphosis take?
(b) Seven days.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three weeks.
6. What does Akin tell the man who takes him away from the group?
(a) That the ooloi will be coming for him.
(b) That an ooloia could heal the man who has something wrong with him.
(c) That he is not human.
(d) That he wants to go home.
7. What will happen to the humans who might want to live on a new planet?
(a) They will never be able to have children.
(b) They will live to be hundreds of years old.
(c) Their fertility will be restored.
(d) They will have to give up their Oankali mates.
8. How does the thought of bonding with Tiikuchahk feel to Akin?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) It excites him.
(c) It disgusts him.
(d) It confuses him.
9. Why doesn't Jodahs want to mate with Marina?
(a) She is too old.
(b) She is too young.
(c) She is too human.
(d) She has the wrong DNA sequence.
10. Why does Akin spend a lot of time with Tate when he first arrives in Phoenix?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) He wants her to have his child.
(d) She is dying.
11. Who rescues Akin when the house is on fire?
12. Why does Akin decide to stay close to one particular captor?
(a) The man has been kind to him.
(b) The man reminds him of his father.
(c) The man is smaller than the others.
(d) He seems like the leader.
13. What happens to Aaor after Jodahs heals the human?
(a) Aaor gets sick.
(b) Aaor wants to stay with Jodahs.
(c) Aaor doesn't want to heal anyone else.
(d) Aaor wants to mate with the human.
14. What does Aaor tell Jodahs after he links with him?
(a) Everything is proceeding smoothly.
(b) He has finished metamorphosis.
(c) He hasn't started metamorphosis.
(d) Something is wrong.
15. Who comes to the house where Akin is and begins to fight with the men who brought Akin to Phoenix?
(a) Tino's brother.
(c) Tino's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Akin want to go to the ship?
2. What does Nikanj say about Jodahs change?
3. Why doesn't Jodahs want to help heal the human whose leg needs amputated?
4. In Chapter 7, how did the woman Nikanj and Jodahs' head get hurt?
5. What does Akin think he should do for the humans?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)