|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What urge will come upon Akin when he begins metamorphosis?
(a) The urge to be with the Oankali.
(b) The urge to kill.
(c) The urge to be with humans.
(d) The urge to mate.
2. What happens to Jodahs as he is traveling with Tomas and Jesusa?
(a) Nothing happens to him.
(b) He falls in love with them.
(c) He starts his second metamorphosis.
(d) He goes blind.
3. What does the note say the men found in the village?
(a) The people were carried off by other humans.
(b) The people have moved to Phoenix.
(c) The people are going to another location.
(d) The people have decided to go live with the Oankali.
4. What will Akin do after he bonds with Tiikuchahk?
(a) Find people who know how to terraform a planet.
(b) Mate with a human.
(c) Live with his mother.
(d) Stay on the ship.
5. Why does Akin spend a lot of time with Tate when he first arrives in Phoenix?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is dying.
(d) He wants her to have his child.
6. Why doesn't Jodahs want to mate with Marina?
(a) She has the wrong DNA sequence.
(b) She is too human.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She is too old.
7. With what does Tate promise to help Akin?
(a) His mother.
(b) Other humans.
(c) The Oankali.
(d) Gabriel's anger.
8. Why does Akin want to go to the ship?
(a) To help the resisters.
(b) To go with Dichaan to see his Oankali mother.
(c) To accompany Lilith to the ship.
(d) He doesn't want to go to the ship.
9. What does Nikanj tell the family to do if they come upon resisters?
(a) Sting if necessary.
(b) Talk to them.
10. Why does Akin decide to stay close to one particular captor?
(a) The man is smaller than the others.
(b) He seems like the leader.
(c) The man has been kind to him.
(d) The man reminds him of his father.
11. Why does Dichaan decide to ask the ship for a shuttle?
(a) To make Akin go to the ship.
(b) So Lilith can return for her last pregnancy.
(c) So Tino can go to the ship.
(d) So Dichaan can return to the ship.
12. About what does Akin talk to Tate?
(a) How to stay healthy.
(b) Healing Gabriel.
(c) Mars and options for having children.
(d) Going to the Oankali ship.
13. In Chapter One of Exile, what does Jodahs begin to look like?
(a) A type of bird.
(b) A full blood human.
(c) A creature of the water.
(d) A full blood Oankali.
14. Why does Tate say she will leave Earth?
(a) It is too primitive.
(b) To have children.
(c) It is too polluted.
(d) She has not had a happy life there.
15. In Chapter 6, what has changed in Aaor's and Jodahs' relationship?
(a) They will mate.
(b) They cannot be paired siblings.
(c) Nothing has changed.
(d) They will have to live with each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form of body does Akin prefer?
2. About what is Tino arguing with the Oankali in Chapter 1?
3. Why does Akin remain quiet as they leave the second village in the middle of the night?
4. What relationship do Tomas and Jesusa share?
5. What does Jodahs say about metamorphosis?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)