|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries Akin about his appearance?
(a) He looks more human than Tate.
(b) He has never gotten very big.
(c) He no longer looks Oankali.
(d) He no longer looks human.
2. What does Jodahs seek when he goes into the forest?
(b) A totem animal.
(c) A way to heal Aaor.
(d) A human woman.
3. Why doesn't Jodahs want to help heal the human whose leg needs amputated?
(a) He is afraid to hurt the human.
(b) He thinks it might kill him.
(c) He doesn't like humans.
(d) It is hard to let the humans go.
4. How does the thought of bonding with Tiikuchahk feel to Akin?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) It disgusts him.
(c) It excites him.
(d) It confuses him.
5. With whom does Tino need to bond in Chapter 5?
(b) A sibling about to be born.
(c) Another ooloi.
6. What does Jodahs' family decide to do about him?
(a) Go into exile.
(b) Kill him before he is found out.
(c) There is no family decision.
(d) Mate him with Dichaan.
7. What will happen to Earth when the Oankali ship leaves it?
(a) It will be seeded to regrow.
(c) It will be destroyed.
(d) It will be pollutedby the ship's fuel.
8. About what does Akin talk to Tate?
(a) Mars and options for having children.
(b) How to stay healthy.
(c) Going to the Oankali ship.
(d) Healing Gabriel.
9. Who comes to the house where Akin is and begins to fight with the men who brought Akin to Phoenix?
(b) Tino's brother.
(c) Tino's father.
10. Why doesn't Jodahs want to mate with Marina?
(a) She is too young.
(b) She has the wrong DNA sequence.
(c) She is too old.
(d) She is too human.
11. What happens to Jodahs as he is traveling with Tomas and Jesusa?
(a) He falls in love with them.
(b) He starts his second metamorphosis.
(c) Nothing happens to him.
(d) He goes blind.
12. How do Akin's captors find a note left at the first village?
(a) It is posted in the middle of the village.
(b) The men ransacked the village.
(c) Akin smells the ink.
(d) Galt knows where it is, it is his village.
13. In Chapter 7, how did the woman Nikanj and Jodahs' head get hurt?
(a) She fell from a tree.
(b) Men hurt her.
(c) She slipped into the river.
(d) She was bit by an animal.
14. Why does Tate say she will leave Earth?
(a) It is too polluted.
(b) To have children.
(c) It is too primitive.
(d) She has not had a happy life there.
15. Why does Akin spend a lot of time with Tate when he first arrives in Phoenix?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is dying.
(c) He wants her to have his child.
(d) She is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2 where do the human resisters head with Akin?
2. Why does the man in question #161 become angry with Jodahs?
3. What is the name of the human who Jodahs healed?
4. With what does Tate promise to help Akin?
5. What will be a residual affect to Tino's beating?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)