|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Akin think about humans and Earth?
(a) The Oankali should never have come to earth.
(b) The humans should share earth with the Oankali.
(c) Akin can make a place for humans on earth.
(d) Humans don't deserve such a nice planet.
2. Why does Akin hope he will be bought in Phoenix?
(a) There are many nice people there.
(b) The food is good.
(c) It is Tino's home village.
(d) It is very clean.
3. What does Aaor tell Jodahs after he links with him?
(a) He hasn't started metamorphosis.
(b) He has finished metamorphosis.
(c) Something is wrong.
(d) Everything is proceeding smoothly.
4. What can ooloi do that might make them powerful?
(a) Control genetic material.
(b) They are not particularly powerful.
(c) Control the wind.
(d) Take over control of other people's minds.
5. Why might any construct be frightened of becoming ooloi?
(a) The constructs are not afraid of being ooloi.
(b) They are considered dangerous.
(c) They are killed immediately.
(d) They will die young.
6. Why does Akin want to go to the ship?
(a) He doesn't want to go to the ship.
(b) To go with Dichaan to see his Oankali mother.
(c) To accompany Lilith to the ship.
(d) To help the resisters.
7. What does the note say the men found in the village?
(a) The people were carried off by other humans.
(b) The people have moved to Phoenix.
(c) The people are going to another location.
(d) The people have decided to go live with the Oankali.
8. Why is Tiikuchahk going to stay around Akin?
(a) He is his closest age sibling.
(b) He is his body guard.
(c) He is infatuated with Akin.
(d) He has to teach Akin how to heal people.
9. With what does Tate promise to help Akin?
(a) The Oankali.
(b) Other humans.
(c) His mother.
(d) Gabriel's anger.
10. Who is Akin's same sex Oankali parent?
11. With whom is Akin spending a lot of his time?
(a) The resisters.
(b) The ooloi council.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sisters.
12. Why doesn't Jodahs want to help heal the human whose leg needs amputated?
(a) He thinks it might kill him.
(b) It is hard to let the humans go.
(c) He doesn't like humans.
(d) He is afraid to hurt the human.
13. What is wrong with the male and female Jodahs finds in the forest?
(a) They are covered in tumors.
(b) They can't talk.
(c) They are hungry.
(d) They are blind.
14. What kind of ooloia would the man in question # 161 use?
(a) Who looks like a woman he dreamed of when he was young.
(b) Who does not look human.
(c) Who does not look Oankali.
(d) Who looks like a human male.
15. What does Nikanj say about Jodahs change?
(a) He will be ooloi.
(b) He won't change due to the human DNA.
(c) He will be male.
(d) He will be female.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship do Tomas and Jesusa share?
2. What does Jodahs' family decide to do about him?
3. What does one of the woman in Phoenix want to do with the two female constructs?
4. Why does Akin decide to stay close to one particular captor?
5. What happens to Aaor after Jodahs heals the human?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)