|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Akin bond with Tiikuchahk?
(a) They are from two different parent groups.
(b) Tiikuchahk was in the resister camp when Akin was born.
(c) Tiikuchahk was born on the ship.
(d) Akin was in the resister camp when Tiikuchahk was born.
2. Why is Nikanj disappointed about Aaor's metamorphosis?
(a) Aaor is going to be a female.
(b) Aaor is going to be an ooloi.
(c) Aaor is not going to complete metamorphosis.
(d) Aaor is going to be a male.
3. What do the men who have Akin discuss when they stop for a rest?
(a) The price Akin might bring.
(b) Whether they should ask for ransom.
(c) What to do with him.
(d) If they can bribe the Oankali for human fertility with him.
4. What does Akin fear about metamorphosis?
(a) He will no longer be an ooloi.
(b) He will no longer look human.
(c) He will no longer look Oankali.
(d) He will no longer be a male.
5. Who rescues Akin when the house is on fire?
6. What is wrong with the male and female Jodahs finds in the forest?
(a) They can't talk.
(b) They are hungry.
(c) They are covered in tumors.
(d) They are blind.
7. What will happen to the humans who might want to live on a new planet?
(a) Their fertility will be restored.
(b) They will never be able to have children.
(c) They will live to be hundreds of years old.
(d) They will have to give up their Oankali mates.
8. What do the people in Phoenix talk to Akin about when he is changing?
(a) About going to another planet.
(b) About how horrible he looks.
(c) About his mother, Lilith.
(d) About Tate and Gabriel.
9. Where is Akin taken to show him where he will be hid if the Oankali come?
(a) The salvage mines.
(b) The woods north of the village.
(c) A cabin on the river.
(d) The caves above the village.
10. Why does Jodahs look as he does?
(a) There are no humans around to please.
(b) He doesn't know why he looks that way.
(c) He is trying to fly.
(d) There are no Oankali around to please.
11. What does Jodahs say about metamorphosis?
(a) He had signs for months.
(b) It almost killed him.
(c) It came without warning.
(d) It was easy and fast.
12. What does the note say the men found in the village?
(a) The people were carried off by other humans.
(b) The people have decided to go live with the Oankali.
(c) The people have moved to Phoenix.
(d) The people are going to another location.
13. Why does Gabriel hit Akin?
(a) He found him mating with Tate.
(b) He thought he was someone else.
(c) Because he looks Oankali now.
(d) He thinks Akin is hurting Tate.
14. What form of body does Akin prefer?
(a) He has no preference.
(c) A mixture of human and Oankali.
15. How does the thought of bonding with Tiikuchahk feel to Akin?
(a) It excites him.
(b) It disgusts him.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) It confuses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ooloia would the man in question # 161 use?
2. In Chapter 7, how did the woman Nikanj and Jodahs' head get hurt?
3. What happens to Aaor after Jodahs heals the human?
4. What sex does Jodahs think it will be after his metamorphosis?
5. Where does Akin go first when he returns to earth?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)