|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can ooloi do that might make them powerful?
(a) Take over control of other people's minds.
(b) They are not particularly powerful.
(c) Control genetic material.
(d) Control the wind.
2. Why does the man in question #161 become angry with Jodahs?
(a) He is angry they amputated his leg.
(b) He hates the Oankali for destroying earth.
(c) His leg still hurts.
(d) He says Oankali use men as women.
3. Why doesn't Jodahs want to help heal the human whose leg needs amputated?
(a) It is hard to let the humans go.
(b) He doesn't like humans.
(c) He thinks it might kill him.
(d) He is afraid to hurt the human.
4. What does Akin tell the man who takes him away from the group?
(a) That the ooloi will be coming for him.
(b) That an ooloia could heal the man who has something wrong with him.
(c) That he is not human.
(d) That he wants to go home.
5. Why might any construct be frightened of becoming ooloi?
(a) The constructs are not afraid of being ooloi.
(b) They are considered dangerous.
(c) They will die young.
(d) They are killed immediately.
6. What will happen to Earth when the Oankali ship leaves it?
(a) It will be seeded to regrow.
(b) It will be pollutedby the ship's fuel.
(d) It will be destroyed.
7. What sex does Jodahs think it will be after his metamorphosis?
(b) He doesn't have an opinion.
8. What does the ooloi tell Akin about his bonding with Tiikuchahk?
(a) It was successful.
(b) It went very wrong and Tiikuchahk is dead.
(c) No ooloi tells him anything.
(d) He cannot bond.
9. What does Nikanj tell the family to do if they come upon resisters?
(c) Sting if necessary.
(d) Talk to them.
10. Why do the humans who don't want to leave Earth still decide to do it?
(a) To have a longer life span.
(b) To get out from under the Oankali.
(c) To have a planet that hasn't had a war on it.
(d) To be healed of deformities.
11. Why do Akin and his captors leave the second village in the middle of the night?
(a) The village won't pay anything for Akin.
(b) The men fear what the people will do to get Akin.
(c) The village has a sickness.
(d) The men don't like the food there.
12. Why didn't Akin bond with Tiikuchahk?
(a) Tiikuchahk was born on the ship.
(b) Tiikuchahk was in the resister camp when Akin was born.
(c) Akin was in the resister camp when Tiikuchahk was born.
(d) They are from two different parent groups.
13. What happens to Aaor after Jodahs heals the human?
(a) Aaor gets sick.
(b) Aaor doesn't want to heal anyone else.
(c) Aaor wants to mate with the human.
(d) Aaor wants to stay with Jodahs.
14. Why does the group from Phoenix go to Akin's town?
(a) Phoenix burns down.
(b) They want to go to Mars.
(c) They want to go to Saturn.
(d) Akin needs to see his mother.
15. About what is Tino arguing with the Oankali in Chapter 1?
(b) Spending time on the space ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Galt not said to the other captors about Akin?
2. What does Jodahs' family decide to do about him?
3. With whom does Tino need to bond in Chapter 5?
4. Where is Akin taken to show him where he will be hid if the Oankali come?
5. Why would Akin's opinions hold little sway with the Oankali?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)