|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the human who Jodahs healed?
2. Who is Akin's same sex Oankali parent?
3. What kind of work did Gabriel do before the war?
(a) He was a police officer.
(b) He was an actor.
(c) He was a banker.
(d) He was in the military.
4. How do Akin's captors find a note left at the first village?
(a) It is posted in the middle of the village.
(b) The men ransacked the village.
(c) Akin smells the ink.
(d) Galt knows where it is, it is his village.
5. Why might any construct be frightened of becoming ooloi?
(a) They are considered dangerous.
(b) They are killed immediately.
(c) They will die young.
(d) The constructs are not afraid of being ooloi.
6. Why does Jodahs look as he does?
(a) There are no humans around to please.
(b) He is trying to fly.
(c) He doesn't know why he looks that way.
(d) There are no Oankali around to please.
7. Why do the humans who don't want to leave Earth still decide to do it?
(a) To get out from under the Oankali.
(b) To be healed of deformities.
(c) To have a longer life span.
(d) To have a planet that hasn't had a war on it.
8. What does Iriarte tell Akin to do in Phoenix?
(a) To run into the woods.
(b) To speak so the people know he can.
(c) To act like a human baby.
(d) To keep his mouth shut.
9. What is happening to Akin in Chapter 5?
(a) He is being held captive by resisters.
(b) He is feeling very sick.
(c) He is confused about his plans.
(d) He is in and out of consciousness.
10. Who comes to the house where Akin is and begins to fight with the men who brought Akin to Phoenix?
(a) Tino's brother.
(d) Tino's father.
11. What does the note say the men found in the village?
(a) The people are going to another location.
(b) The people have decided to go live with the Oankali.
(c) The people have moved to Phoenix.
(d) The people were carried off by other humans.
12. Who takes the men into their home?
(a) Tino's father.
(b) Solon and Debria.
(c) Handon and Lydia.
(d) Tate and Gabriel.
13. What worries Akin about his appearance?
(a) He no longer looks Oankali.
(b) He has never gotten very big.
(c) He no longer looks human.
(d) He looks more human than Tate.
14. What will be a residual affect to Tino's beating?
(a) His arm will be bent.
(b) He will have some memory loss.
(c) His healing was complete.
(d) He will limp
15. What does Nikanj say about Jodahs change?
(a) He will be ooloi.
(b) He will be female.
(c) He will be male.
(d) He won't change due to the human DNA.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Akin bond with Tiikuchahk?
2. Why doesn't Jodahs want to mate with Marina?
3. How long does metamorphosis take?
4. About what does Akin talk to Tate?
5. What does Akin realize after he wakes up from Gabriel hitting him?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)