|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ooloia would the man in question # 161 use?
(a) Who looks like a woman he dreamed of when he was young.
(b) Who looks like a human male.
(c) Who does not look Oankali.
(d) Who does not look human.
2. About what do the people of Phoenix fight while Akin is there?
(a) Going to a colony on the Oankali home planet.
(b) The Andromeda colony.
(c) The Saturn colony.
(d) The Mars colony.
3. What does Akin fear about metamorphosis?
(a) He will no longer be an ooloi.
(b) He will no longer look human.
(c) He will no longer look Oankali.
(d) He will no longer be a male.
4. What happens to Jodahs as he is traveling with Tomas and Jesusa?
(a) He starts his second metamorphosis.
(b) He goes blind.
(c) He falls in love with them.
(d) Nothing happens to him.
5. What does the ooloi tell Akin about his bonding with Tiikuchahk?
(a) It went very wrong and Tiikuchahk is dead.
(b) It was successful.
(c) No ooloi tells him anything.
(d) He cannot bond.
6. In Chapter 2 where do the human resisters head with Akin?
(a) To the northern desert.
(b) Upriver in a boat.
(c) Across the forest on horseback.
(d) They take him to the space ship.
7. With whom is Akin spending a lot of his time?
(a) The ooloi council.
(b) His sisters.
(c) The resisters.
(d) His mother.
8. What does one of the woman in Phoenix want to do with the two female constructs?
(a) Adopt them.
(b) Send them back to the Oankali.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Cut off their sensory arms.
9. Why doesn't Jodahs want to help heal the human whose leg needs amputated?
(a) He thinks it might kill him.
(b) He doesn't like humans.
(c) He is afraid to hurt the human.
(d) It is hard to let the humans go.
10. What kind of work did Gabriel do before the war?
(a) He was an actor.
(b) He was a police officer.
(c) He was a banker.
(d) He was in the military.
11. What does Dichaan believe about humanity?
(a) Humans and Oankali should never live together.
(b) The humans are superior to the Oankali.
(c) The Oankali have given them a second chance.
(d) The Oankali are far superior to the humans.
12. Why would Akin's opinions hold little sway with the Oankali?
(a) They consider him a child.
(b) He is part human.
(c) He is too impulsive.
(d) He has not done metamorphosis.
13. Why does Akin want to go to the ship?
(a) He doesn't want to go to the ship.
(b) To go with Dichaan to see his Oankali mother.
(c) To accompany Lilith to the ship.
(d) To help the resisters.
14. Why is Nikanj disappointed about Aaor's metamorphosis?
(a) Aaor is going to be a male.
(b) Aaor is going to be a female.
(c) Aaor is not going to complete metamorphosis.
(d) Aaor is going to be an ooloi.
15. With whom does Tino need to bond in Chapter 5?
(a) A sibling about to be born.
(d) Another ooloi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the human who Jodahs healed?
2. What will happen to Earth when the Oankali ship leaves it?
3. Why might any construct be frightened of becoming ooloi?
4. What sex does Jodahs think it will be after his metamorphosis?
5. About what does Akin talk to Tate?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)