|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lilith tell the resister, Tino, about Akin?
(a) That he will turn into an Oankali some day.
(b) That he is all human.
(c) That he will become female at some point.
(d) That the Oankali made her pregnant because she wanted it.
2. Where does one of the humans attempt to escape?
(a) Into an air lock.
(b) Into the Oankali's section of the ship.
(c) Into a food supply cabinet.
(d) Into an escape pod.
3. What does Jdahya explain about the space ship?
(a) It grows as more space is needed.
(b) It is able to burrow under the ground for protection against the nuclear wastes.
(c) It is alive.
(d) It is in charge of all the Earth captives.
4. Where does Nikanj have to go in Chapter 11?
(a) To earth.
(b) To Lilith's quarters.
(c) To live with its Oankali mates.
(d) To the hospital.
5. About what is Akin warned by members of his family?
(a) About playing in the sun.
(b) About talking too much.
(c) About having a human mother.
(d) About humans.
6. What does Curt do to Lilith when he attacks their camp?
(a) Breaks her leg.
(b) Knocks her out.
(c) Ties her up.
(d) Drowns her.
7. Why do some question Lilith's leadership?
(a) She doesn't speak their language well.
(b) She is a female.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) They are unsure of her loyalties.
8. How are the humans unwilling to lay down their weapons subdued by the Oankali?
(a) The ground grips them so they can't move.
(b) They are hit with an electrical current.
(c) They are drugged.
(d) They are shot with trank guns.
9. What does Nikanj tell Lilith the humans planned to do with her on Earth?
(a) Keep her captive.
(b) Make her negotiate with the Oankali.
(c) Take her baby.
(d) Kill her.
10. In Chapter 3 what are Tate and others building?
11. Who is the first human Lilith meets on the Oankali ship?
(a) Charles Smithfield.
(b) Curtis Rand.
(c) Randy Kotig.
(d) Paul Titus.
12. What does Lilith tell Tino he can do with her and Nikanj?
(a) Make a baby with them.
(b) Lie with them.
(c) Eat dinner with them.
(d) Live with them.
13. What does Jdahya say about his people helping Earth?
(a) The Earthlings must accept Jdahya's people living on Earth also.
(b) They help out of scientific curiosity.
(c) There is a price.
(d) The Earthlings must learn to get along better.
14. What does Curt do to Nikanj?
(a) Cuts his leg.
(b) Hits him in the head.
(c) Cuts off one sensory arm.
(d) Socks him in the face.
15. What is Lilith trying to learn in Chapter 4?
(a) How to open doors on the Oankali ship.
(b) How to navigate by the stars.
(c) How to live on the earth as it is now.
(d) The Oankali language.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lilith?
2. Why can't Lilith leave the house where she is with Nikanj?
3. How does the person from question #38 think about what Lilith tells her?
4. What is the name of Jdahya's species?
5. What does Lilith offer to the resister?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)