|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does one of the women attack Lilith?
(a) She wants Lilith's boyfriend.
(b) She is from a country that was fighting Lilith's country.
(c) She thinks Lilith is lying about the Oankali.
(d) She is angry about the lack of meat in their diet.
2. What do the eyes look like of the person in the room with Lilith?
(a) They are purple with green centers.
(b) The person has no eyes.
(c) They are brilliant green.
(d) They are brown with yellow stripes.
3. What do the men in the forest do to Akin?
(b) Break his arm.
(c) Kidnap him.
(d) Kill him.
4. Where does Lilith learn she is?
(a) She does not yet know.
(b) On a space ship.
(c) Far underground near the continent of Australia.
(d) Far underground near the continent of Antarctica.
5. How does Akin's body develop?
(a) Just as any child.
(b) Faster than humans.
(c) Slower than humans.
(d) Slower than Oankali.
6. What does Lilith learn from Tino about Tate?
(a) She has died.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She is still living with Gabriel.
(d) She is pregnant.
7. Why does Lilith like Jdahya?
(a) He has a good sense of humor.
(b) He looks more human than other Oankali.
(c) He brings her special food.
(d) He stayed with her in confinement.
8. What are the humans speaking out about in Chapter 1?
(a) About Lilith's alien baby.
(b) About having children.
(c) About what the Oankali are doing.
(d) About the quality of the food.
9. What is the resister in the forest holding?
(a) A container for mushrooms.
(b) Some hares from Lilith's trap.
(c) A sword.
(d) A bow and arrow.
10. What does Jdahya say about his people helping Earth?
(a) The Earthlings must accept Jdahya's people living on Earth also.
(b) There is a price.
(c) The Earthlings must learn to get along better.
(d) They help out of scientific curiosity.
11. Why is Lilith looking at the information about the humans on the Oankali ship?
(a) To decide with whom she will mate.
(b) To see if any of her family survived.
(c) To choose which ones to kill.
(d) To choose ones to wake up.
12. How are the humans unwilling to lay down their weapons subdued by the Oankali?
(a) They are hit with an electrical current.
(b) The ground grips them so they can't move.
(c) They are shot with trank guns.
(d) They are drugged.
13. What kind of trade are the Oankali offering the humans?
(a) They have offered no trade.
(b) They want ten percent of the humans to come to their home world.
(c) They want half of the earth.
(d) Gene trade.
14. About what is Akin warned by members of his family?
(a) About having a human mother.
(b) About playing in the sun.
(c) About humans.
(d) About talking too much.
15. What does Nikanj tell Lilith about the humans on Earth?
(a) The women are all pregnant.
(b) They are all infertile.
(c) They will be left.
(d) They will die when the winter comes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tino's village?
2. What can't humans bodies use correctly?
3. Who desires the construct children?
4. How does the person from question #38 think about what Lilith tells her?
5. Where does Nikanj take Lilith after they meet?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)