|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the humans given when put into an Earth environment on the ship?
2. What does Lilith have this time as she awakens that she hasn't been given before?
(a) A communicator.
(b) A bath.
3. What is the name of Tino's village?
(c) Haven Home.
(d) New Earth.
4. Why did Curt believe Joseph was not human?
(a) His minor injuries healed immediately.
(b) He was too smart.
(c) He was stronger than everyone else.
(d) He could see long distances.
5. What can't humans bodies use correctly?
(c) The food of Jdahya's people.
6. What happens to the person in question # 29?
(a) He is killed.
(c) His brain is operated on to improve his mood.
(d) He is put back to sleep.
7. What does Lilith do with people after she awakens them?
(a) Sets them up in an earth-like environment immediately.
(b) Explains what is happening.
(c) Has them take basic personality tests.
(d) Sends them to the Oankali.
8. What does Nikanj tell Lilith the humans planned to do with her on Earth?
(a) Keep her captive.
(b) Take her baby.
(c) Make her negotiate with the Oankali.
(d) Kill her.
9. What is Lilith trying to learn in Chapter 4?
(a) How to navigate by the stars.
(b) The Oankali language.
(c) How to live on the earth as it is now.
(d) How to open doors on the Oankali ship.
10. What does the resister say his village thinks of the Oankali?
(a) They are too bossy.
(b) They are deformed humans.
(c) They won't share power.
(d) They are evil.
11. What does Lilith tell Tino he can do with her and Nikanj?
(a) Make a baby with them.
(b) Live with them.
(c) Eat dinner with them.
(d) Lie with them.
12. When will Jdahya show Lilith around where she is?
(a) The next day.
(c) When she gets used to Jdahya's presence.
(d) In another month.
13. What kind of ability does Nikanj agree to give Joseph?
(b) The ability to open the doors on the ship.
(c) The ability to heal himself.
(d) Superhuman strength.
14. Why does Joseph come to Lilith's room?
(a) He has questions about the earth.
(b) He wants to marry a human woman.
(c) He wants to help lead the group.
(d) He has become her lover.
15. Where does Nikanj have to go in Chapter 11?
(a) To earth.
(b) To live with its Oankali mates.
(c) To Lilith's quarters.
(d) To the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Lilith told she must stay for a while to prepare for her future life?
2. Why can't Lilith leave the house where she is with Nikanj?
3. What does Curt do to Nikanj?
4. Where does one of the humans attempt to escape?
5. What will make Akin look less human?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)