|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does one of the humans attempt to escape?
(a) Into the Oankali's section of the ship.
(b) Into an escape pod.
(c) Into a food supply cabinet.
(d) Into an air lock.
2. Why does one of the women attack Lilith?
(a) She thinks Lilith is lying about the Oankali.
(b) She is angry about the lack of meat in their diet.
(c) She is from a country that was fighting Lilith's country.
(d) She wants Lilith's boyfriend.
3. What does Lilith do with people after she awakens them?
(a) Has them take basic personality tests.
(b) Sets them up in an earth-like environment immediately.
(c) Sends them to the Oankali.
(d) Explains what is happening.
4. Why did Curt believe Joseph was not human?
(a) He was too smart.
(b) He could see long distances.
(c) His minor injuries healed immediately.
(d) He was stronger than everyone else.
5. How many different sexes of Jdahya's species are there?
6. What happens when Lilith refuses to stay with the first human she meets on the Oankali ship?
(a) He won't open the door for her.
(b) He attacks her.
(c) He attacks the Oankali with her.
(d) He kills himself.
7. What does Curt do to Lilith when he attacks their camp?
(a) Ties her up.
(b) Breaks her leg.
(c) Drowns her.
(d) Knocks her out.
8. Who is trying to help humans after the war?
(b) Humans from places where the war did not hit.
(c) No one.
(d) Some sentient native animals.
9. What happens to the person in question # 29?
(a) He is killed.
(b) His brain is operated on to improve his mood.
(c) He is put back to sleep.
10. What does Nikanj say the other humans are saying about Joseph and Lilith?
(a) They want them to lead the group.
(b) They are planning against them.
(c) They believe they are aliens in disguise.
(d) They like the two of them.
11. How does Akin's body develop?
(a) Faster than humans.
(b) Slower than Oankali.
(c) Just as any child.
(d) Slower than humans.
12. Who is Lilith Iyapo?
(a) An anthropologist.
(b) The character who is just awakening.
(c) The seer.
(d) The doctor.
13. What does Nikanj tell Lilith Kahguyaht wants to do to her?
(a) Change her memory.
(b) Take her to the home planet.
(c) Impregnate her.
(d) Help her grow sensory arms.
14. How old is Akin when he begins talking in complete sentences?
(a) A year.
(b) Two months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Fourteen days.
15. Who are the ooloi?
(a) Another species helping Jdahya's people.
(b) A special type of animal that eats radioactive wastes.
(c) An unsexed member of Jdahya's species.
(d) Jdahya does not tell Lilith.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lilith feel about Kahguyaht's plan?
2. What happens among the humans as Lilith has more of them awake?
3. What does Lilith believe the other humans will do when she awakens them?
4. What does Lilith realize about her physical strength?
5. About what is Akin warned by members of his family?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)