|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Curt believe Joseph was not human?
(a) His minor injuries healed immediately.
(b) He was stronger than everyone else.
(c) He was too smart.
(d) He could see long distances.
2. Why does Lilith agree to go along with Tate and the others?
(a) To kill the Oankali.
(b) To be with Joseph.
(c) To keep her child.
(d) To spy for the Oankali.
3. Who is the first human Lilith meets on the Oankali ship?
(a) Randy Kotig.
(b) Paul Titus.
(c) Charles Smithfield.
(d) Curtis Rand.
4. With whom is Lilith told she must stay for a while to prepare for her future life?
(a) An ooloi.
(b) A female Oankali.
(c) With Jdahya.
(d) A male Oankali.
5. Why does Lilith lead the group?
(a) She is smarter than the others.
(b) She knows the area the best.
(c) She is the oldest.
(d) She is the strongest of them.
6. What does Jdahya explain about the space ship?
(a) It is in charge of all the Earth captives.
(b) It grows as more space is needed.
(c) It is alive.
(d) It is able to burrow under the ground for protection against the nuclear wastes.
7. Where does one of the humans attempt to escape?
(a) Into the Oankali's section of the ship.
(b) Into a food supply cabinet.
(c) Into an air lock.
(d) Into an escape pod.
8. What does Tino remember from the ship when he was younger?
(a) The same feeling he has now with Lilith and Nikanj.
(b) That the Oankali kept him locked up.
(c) That the humans on the ship were violent.
(d) That only humans slept together.
9. Why did the resister leave his village?
(a) They were too violent for him.
(b) He had committed a crime.
(c) There weren't enough women.
(d) To see what else was in the world.
10. Why does Joseph come to Lilith's room?
(a) He wants to help lead the group.
(b) He has questions about the earth.
(c) He has become her lover.
(d) He wants to marry a human woman.
11. What does Lilith tell the resister, Tino, about Akin?
(a) That he is all human.
(b) That he will become female at some point.
(c) That he will turn into an Oankali some day.
(d) That the Oankali made her pregnant because she wanted it.
12. What is the name of Tino's village?
(a) New Earth.
(c) Haven Home.
13. What does Nikanj tell Lilith Kahguyaht wants to do to her?
(a) Change her memory.
(b) Impregnate her.
(c) Help her grow sensory arms.
(d) Take her to the home planet.
14. What does Nikanj say Joseph has learned to endure?
(a) Joseph's fear.
(b) His physical pain.
(c) His desire to kill the Oankali.
(d) The sorrow at losing his family.
15. Why is Lilith given to Kahguyaht?
(a) To be initiated into the family.
(b) To learn more.
(c) Kahguyht is the only Oankali who understands English.
(d) Because Jdahya is leaving the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nikanj take Lilith after they meet?
2. Why can't Lilith leave the house where she is with Nikanj?
3. Who is Lilith Iyapo?
4. Why does Lilith only wake women at first?
5. How does Akin's body develop?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)