|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lilith tell Tino he can do with her and Nikanj?
(a) Lie with them.
(b) Make a baby with them.
(c) Live with them.
(d) Eat dinner with them.
2. How many different sexes of Jdahya's species are there?
3. What does Lilith offer to the resister?
(a) That he can play with Akin.
(b) That he can have the hares.
(c) That she will help him collect mushrooms for his container.
(d) That he can stay in her village.
4. How does Lilith feel about Joseph's idea?
(a) She has no opinion.
(b) She doesn't think it is possible.
(c) She thinks it is immoral.
(d) She agrees with it.
5. What does the person from question #38 tell Lilith when Lilith says she is a prisoner?
(a) That they should break out of prison.
(b) She has no idea what Lilith means.
(c) That Lilith is more like a trustee.
(d) That Lilith is lying.
6. Why do some question Lilith's leadership?
(a) They are unsure of her loyalties.
(b) She is a female.
(c) She doesn't speak their language well.
(d) She is pregnant.
7. Where is Lilith?
(a) In her mother's attic.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In a morgue.
(d) Alone in a room.
8. Why is Lilith given to Kahguyaht?
(a) Because Jdahya is leaving the ship.
(b) To learn more.
(c) Kahguyht is the only Oankali who understands English.
(d) To be initiated into the family.
9. What does Nikanj tell Lilith Kahguyaht wants to do to her?
(a) Impregnate her.
(b) Change her memory.
(c) Help her grow sensory arms.
(d) Take her to the home planet.
10. What does Nikanj say Joseph has learned to endure?
(a) His desire to kill the Oankali.
(b) The sorrow at losing his family.
(c) Joseph's fear.
(d) His physical pain.
11. Why does one of the women attack Lilith?
(a) She wants Lilith's boyfriend.
(b) She thinks Lilith is lying about the Oankali.
(c) She is from a country that was fighting Lilith's country.
(d) She is angry about the lack of meat in their diet.
12. What do the men in the forest do to Akin?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Kidnap him.
(c) Break his arm.
13. What does Jdahya tell Lilith?
(a) That Earth is still there, but will never be inhabitable.
(b) That Earth is totally destroyed.
(c) That Earth is being restored for human habitation.
(d) That Lilith is being taken to another planet.
14. What is the name of Jdahya's species?
(a) They have no name.
15. Where are many of the humans on the Oankali ship?
(a) In stasis in plants.
(b) In a place on the ship like earth's environment.
(c) Working in the various departments.
(d) In confinement cells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the eyes look like of the person in the room with Lilith?
2. Why did the resister leave his village?
3. How old is Akin when he begins talking in complete sentences?
4. Why does Lilith lead the group?
5. What happens among the humans as Lilith has more of them awake?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)