|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person from question #38 tell Lilith when Lilith says she is a prisoner?
(a) She has no idea what Lilith means.
(b) That Lilith is lying.
(c) That Lilith is more like a trustee.
(d) That they should break out of prison.
2. Why does Lilith only wake women at first?
(a) Because she doesn't like men.
(b) She wants to get the women into age groups first.
(c) That is what the Oankali told her to do.
(d) Because she is strong enough to control them.
3. Why does one of the women attack Lilith?
(a) She thinks Lilith is lying about the Oankali.
(b) She is from a country that was fighting Lilith's country.
(c) She is angry about the lack of meat in their diet.
(d) She wants Lilith's boyfriend.
4. Why do some question Lilith's leadership?
(a) They are unsure of her loyalties.
(b) She doesn't speak their language well.
(c) She is a female.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. When will Jdahya show Lilith around where she is?
(a) In another month.
(b) The next day.
(d) When she gets used to Jdahya's presence.
6. What will make Akin look less human?
(a) Too much time in the sun.
(b) When he becomes a female.
(c) He will always look human.
(d) His metamorphosis.
7. Where is Lilith?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In her mother's attic.
(c) Alone in a room.
(d) In a morgue.
8. In Chapter 10 Lilith is changed so she can do what?
(a) Open doors on the Oankali ship.
(b) Repell attackers with her mind.
(c) Heal instantly.
(d) Levitate objects.
9. What does the resister say his village thinks of the Oankali?
(a) They are too bossy.
(b) They won't share power.
(c) They are deformed humans.
(d) They are evil.
10. What human does Lilith wake first?
(a) Tate Marah.
(b) Cathy Wineman.
(c) Sherry Patrick.
(d) Paula Spears.
11. Why do Lilith and Akin go into the forest in Chapter 4?
(a) To collect pretty leaves.
(b) To check their snares.
(c) To tend a garden.
(d) To hunt for mushrooms.
12. How does Lilith feel about Kahguyaht's plan?
(a) She thinks it is immoral.
(b) She is enthusiastic.
(c) She does not want it but finally agrees.
(d) She absolutely refuses to participate.
13. What is Lilith trying to learn in Chapter 4?
(a) How to live on the earth as it is now.
(b) The Oankali language.
(c) How to navigate by the stars.
(d) How to open doors on the Oankali ship.
14. What is the name of Jdahya's species?
(a) They have no name.
15. What is odd about the place where Lilith awakens?
(a) It is octagonal.
(b) It is round.
(c) It has no obvious means of egress.
(d) It is all glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lilith learn from Tino about Tate?
2. What is the name of Tino's village?
3. What does Jdahya explain about the space ship?
4. What does Lilith do with people after she awakens them?
5. What happens to the person in question # 29?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)