|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person from question #38 tell Lilith when Lilith says she is a prisoner?
(a) That Lilith is lying.
(b) That Lilith is more like a trustee.
(c) She has no idea what Lilith means.
(d) That they should break out of prison.
2. How old is Akin when he begins talking in complete sentences?
(a) A year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Fourteen days.
3. Why did the resister leave his village?
(a) They were too violent for him.
(b) There weren't enough women.
(c) To see what else was in the world.
(d) He had committed a crime.
4. What does Lilith realize about her physical strength?
(a) She doesn't notice any difference in her strength.
(b) She thinks she is stronger than the Oankali.
(c) She has been given tremendous strength.
(d) She has lost a lot of her strength.
5. Why can't Lilith leave the house where she is with Nikanj?
(a) She is being mated to Nikanj.
(b) Nikanj needs her to cook the food.
(c) He has started his metamorphosis.
(d) There is no where for her to go.
6. What do Lilith and Joseph find when they arrive at the meeting place?
(a) No one there.
(b) An entire village.
(c) The trees have been cut down.
(d) The water is polluted.
7. Where are many of the humans on the Oankali ship?
(a) In stasis in plants.
(b) In confinement cells.
(c) Working in the various departments.
(d) In a place on the ship like earth's environment.
8. How many different sexes of Jdahya's species are there?
9. What will make Akin look less human?
(a) When he becomes a female.
(b) He will always look human.
(c) Too much time in the sun.
(d) His metamorphosis.
10. Who is Nikanj?
(a) The Oankali who woke Lilith.
(b) Kahguyaht's male mate.
(c) Jdahya's ooloi child.
(d) An Oankali physician.
11. What does Lilith asks Nikanj to do to her in Chapter 9?
(a) Change her body so she can heal instantly.
(b) Take her to earth immediately.
(c) Put her back to sleep.
(d) Take her to the other humans on the ship.
12. Why did Curt believe Joseph was not human?
(a) He was too smart.
(b) He was stronger than everyone else.
(c) He could see long distances.
(d) His minor injuries healed immediately.
13. Where is Lilith?
(a) Alone in a room.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In a morgue.
(d) In her mother's attic.
14. What does Curt do to Nikanj?
(a) Cuts his leg.
(b) Socks him in the face.
(c) Hits him in the head.
(d) Cuts off one sensory arm.
15. What does Nikanj say Joseph has learned to endure?
(a) The sorrow at losing his family.
(b) His physical pain.
(c) His desire to kill the Oankali.
(d) Joseph's fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lilith tell Tino he can do with her and Nikanj?
2. When will Jdahya show Lilith around where she is?
3. Why is Lilith given to Kahguyaht?
4. What does Lilith have this time as she awakens that she hasn't been given before?
5. What is the meaning of the word "trade" which Jdahya using?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)