|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the person from question #38 think about what Lilith tells her?
(a) Does not fully believe it.
(b) Is angry about it.
(c) Thinks it is wonderful.
(d) She believes Lilith and wants to learn more.
2. What does Jdahya say about his people helping Earth?
(a) There is a price.
(b) They help out of scientific curiosity.
(c) The Earthlings must learn to get along better.
(d) The Earthlings must accept Jdahya's people living on Earth also.
3. Where are many of the humans on the Oankali ship?
(a) In confinement cells.
(b) In a place on the ship like earth's environment.
(c) Working in the various departments.
(d) In stasis in plants.
4. What does Lilith tell the resister, Tino, about Akin?
(a) That he will become female at some point.
(b) That he is all human.
(c) That the Oankali made her pregnant because she wanted it.
(d) That he will turn into an Oankali some day.
5. What does a man call Tino when some resisters find him and Akin in the forest?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A dupe for Lilith.
(c) An alien.
6. In Chapter 10 Lilith is changed so she can do what?
(a) Heal instantly.
(b) Repell attackers with her mind.
(c) Levitate objects.
(d) Open doors on the Oankali ship.
7. What happens when Lilith tries to hold Joseph's hand in Chapter 5?
(a) They are repelled from each other.
(b) Their hands break out into a rash.
(c) Nothing happens.
(d) They can't let go of each others' hands.
8. What is the name of Tino's village?
(c) New Earth.
(d) Haven Home.
9. What does Nikanj tell Lilith Kahguyaht wants to do to her?
(a) Help her grow sensory arms.
(b) Take her to the home planet.
(c) Change her memory.
(d) Impregnate her.
10. Why does one of the women attack Lilith?
(a) She is from a country that was fighting Lilith's country.
(b) She is angry about the lack of meat in their diet.
(c) She wants Lilith's boyfriend.
(d) She thinks Lilith is lying about the Oankali.
11. Why does Lilith only wake women at first?
(a) Because she doesn't like men.
(b) Because she is strong enough to control them.
(c) That is what the Oankali told her to do.
(d) She wants to get the women into age groups first.
12. What is Lilith trying to learn in Chapter 4?
(a) How to navigate by the stars.
(b) How to live on the earth as it is now.
(c) How to open doors on the Oankali ship.
(d) The Oankali language.
13. How does Peter die?
(a) He is hit by a Oankali stinger.
(b) He fell from one deck of the ship to the one below it.
(c) He has taken ill.
(d) He is killed by Joseph.
14. What is the name of Jdahya's species?
(b) They have no name.
15. When Lilith wakes again, who is in the room with her?
(a) A police officer.
(b) Another psychiatrist.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) An alien.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tino remember from the ship when he was younger?
2. What do Lilith's captives ask her?
3. What does Jdahya explain about the space ship?
4. How does Lilith feel about Kahguyaht's plan?
5. What about Lilith's body allowed Nikanj to heal?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)