|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Curt do to Nikanj?
(a) Cuts his leg.
(b) Hits him in the head.
(c) Socks him in the face.
(d) Cuts off one sensory arm.
2. In Chapter 10 Lilith is changed so she can do what?
(a) Heal instantly.
(b) Levitate objects.
(c) Repell attackers with her mind.
(d) Open doors on the Oankali ship.
3. What is the name of Jdahya's species?
(c) They have no name.
4. What can't humans bodies use correctly?
(c) The food of Jdahya's people.
5. Why do Lilith and Akin go into the forest in Chapter 4?
(a) To hunt for mushrooms.
(b) To tend a garden.
(c) To check their snares.
(d) To collect pretty leaves.
6. Why does Lilith like Jdahya?
(a) He looks more human than other Oankali.
(b) He brings her special food.
(c) He stayed with her in confinement.
(d) He has a good sense of humor.
7. What happens among the humans as Lilith has more of them awake?
(a) They are demanding better food.
(b) They are forming groups for survival.
(c) They are pairing off into couples.
(d) They begin to fight among themselves.
8. Where does Nikanj have to go in Chapter 11?
(a) To live with its Oankali mates.
(b) To Lilith's quarters.
(c) To earth.
(d) To the hospital.
9. What is wrong with Joseph when Lilith finds him?
(a) He is burned from the campfire.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He has two broken legs.
(d) His head is almost cut off.
10. Who is trying to help humans after the war?
(b) Humans from places where the war did not hit.
(c) Some sentient native animals.
(d) No one.
11. What is Lilith trying to learn in Chapter 4?
(a) The Oankali language.
(b) How to live on the earth as it is now.
(c) How to navigate by the stars.
(d) How to open doors on the Oankali ship.
12. What does Lilith do with people after she awakens them?
(a) Sets them up in an earth-like environment immediately.
(b) Has them take basic personality tests.
(c) Explains what is happening.
(d) Sends them to the Oankali.
13. What does the resister say his village thinks of the Oankali?
(a) They are deformed humans.
(b) They are too bossy.
(c) They are evil.
(d) They won't share power.
14. How does Peter die?
(a) He is killed by Joseph.
(b) He fell from one deck of the ship to the one below it.
(c) He has taken ill.
(d) He is hit by a Oankali stinger.
15. What happens when Lilith tries to hold Joseph's hand in Chapter 5?
(a) They can't let go of each others' hands.
(b) They are repelled from each other.
(c) Their hands break out into a rash.
(d) Nothing happens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the person from question #38 think about what Lilith tells her?
2. What does Lilith find when she returns from gathering supplies in Chapter 8?
3. What about Lilith's body allowed Nikanj to heal?
4. Why does Lilith tell Nikanj to go sit in a corner in Chapter 6?
5. Where does Nikanj take Lilith after they meet?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)