|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lilith learn she is?
(a) On a space ship.
(b) Far underground near the continent of Antarctica.
(c) Far underground near the continent of Australia.
(d) She does not yet know.
2. Why does Lilith agree to go along with Tate and the others?
(a) To kill the Oankali.
(b) To keep her child.
(c) To be with Joseph.
(d) To spy for the Oankali.
3. What is the meaning of the word "trade" which Jdahya using?
(a) Buying and selling technology.
(b) Buying and selling food.
(c) Interbreeding with humans.
(d) Buying and selling metals.
4. What does Jdahya explain about the space ship?
(a) It grows as more space is needed.
(b) It is alive.
(c) It is able to burrow under the ground for protection against the nuclear wastes.
(d) It is in charge of all the Earth captives.
5. How old is Akin when he begins talking in complete sentences?
(a) Fourteen days.
(b) Two months.
(c) A year.
(d) Six months.
6. What is wrong with Joseph when Lilith finds him?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He has two broken legs.
(c) He is burned from the campfire.
(d) His head is almost cut off.
7. What does Nikanj tell Lilith the humans planned to do with her on Earth?
(a) Make her negotiate with the Oankali.
(b) Keep her captive.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Take her baby.
8. What is the resister in the forest holding?
(a) Some hares from Lilith's trap.
(b) A container for mushrooms.
(c) A sword.
(d) A bow and arrow.
9. What do Lilith's captives ask her?
(a) Why she is there.
(b) Where her children are.
(c) About her life before the war.
(d) Who her parents are.
10. How many different sexes of Jdahya's species are there?
11. What does Lilith offer to the resister?
(a) That he can have the hares.
(b) That he can stay in her village.
(c) That he can play with Akin.
(d) That she will help him collect mushrooms for his container.
12. What does the person from question #38 tell Lilith when Lilith says she is a prisoner?
(a) That they should break out of prison.
(b) That Lilith is more like a trustee.
(c) That Lilith is lying.
(d) She has no idea what Lilith means.
13. Why does Lilith only wake women at first?
(a) Because she doesn't like men.
(b) She wants to get the women into age groups first.
(c) That is what the Oankali told her to do.
(d) Because she is strong enough to control them.
14. Who are the ooloi?
(a) Another species helping Jdahya's people.
(b) Jdahya does not tell Lilith.
(c) An unsexed member of Jdahya's species.
(d) A special type of animal that eats radioactive wastes.
15. What does Tino remember from the ship when he was younger?
(a) That only humans slept together.
(b) That the humans on the ship were violent.
(c) That the Oankali kept him locked up.
(d) The same feeling he has now with Lilith and Nikanj.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the resister say his village thinks of the Oankali?
2. Where are many of the humans on the Oankali ship?
3. What human does Lilith wake first?
4. Why does Lilith tell Nikanj to go sit in a corner in Chapter 6?
5. How does Akin's body develop?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)