|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nikanj tell Lilith Kahguyaht wants to do to her?
(a) Help her grow sensory arms.
(b) Take her to the home planet.
(c) Change her memory.
(d) Impregnate her.
2. What are the humans speaking out about in Chapter 1?
(a) About the quality of the food.
(b) About having children.
(c) About what the Oankali are doing.
(d) About Lilith's alien baby.
3. Why does Lilith like Jdahya?
(a) He brings her special food.
(b) He looks more human than other Oankali.
(c) He stayed with her in confinement.
(d) He has a good sense of humor.
4. Why does Lilith tell Nikanj to go sit in a corner in Chapter 6?
(a) Nikanj is scaring Tino.
(b) It is eating all the bread.
(c) It talks too much.
(d) It is infatuated with Tino.
5. Who desires the construct children?
(a) The neuter Oankali.
(b) Human women but not human men.
(c) The human resisters.
(d) No one really likes them because they are not one of anything.
6. What kind of trade are the Oankali offering the humans?
(a) They want half of the earth.
(b) They have offered no trade.
(c) They want ten percent of the humans to come to their home world.
(d) Gene trade.
7. Why does Lilith agree to go along with Tate and the others?
(a) To spy for the Oankali.
(b) To keep her child.
(c) To kill the Oankali.
(d) To be with Joseph.
8. Why is Lilith looking at the information about the humans on the Oankali ship?
(a) To decide with whom she will mate.
(b) To choose which ones to kill.
(c) To choose ones to wake up.
(d) To see if any of her family survived.
9. How old is Akin when he begins talking in complete sentences?
(a) A year.
(b) Two months.
(c) Fourteen days.
(d) Six months.
10. When Lilith wakes again, who is in the room with her?
(a) An alien.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) Another psychiatrist.
11. Who is the first human Lilith meets on the Oankali ship?
(a) Paul Titus.
(b) Charles Smithfield.
(c) Curtis Rand.
(d) Randy Kotig.
12. How does the person from question #38 think about what Lilith tells her?
(a) Thinks it is wonderful.
(b) She believes Lilith and wants to learn more.
(c) Is angry about it.
(d) Does not fully believe it.
13. Where are many of the humans on the Oankali ship?
(a) In stasis in plants.
(b) In confinement cells.
(c) In a place on the ship like earth's environment.
(d) Working in the various departments.
14. What will make Akin look less human?
(a) His metamorphosis.
(b) Too much time in the sun.
(c) When he becomes a female.
(d) He will always look human.
15. What happens to the person in question # 29?
(b) He is put back to sleep.
(c) His brain is operated on to improve his mood.
(d) He is killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lilith asks Nikanj to do to her in Chapter 9?
2. What does the person from question #38 tell Lilith when Lilith says she is a prisoner?
3. What do the men in the forest do to Akin?
4. Why is Lilith given to Kahguyaht?
5. What is wrong with Joseph when Lilith finds him?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)