|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lilith learn from Tino about Tate?
(a) She is still living with Gabriel.
(b) She has died.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is ill.
2. Why did Curt believe Joseph was not human?
(a) His minor injuries healed immediately.
(b) He was stronger than everyone else.
(c) He could see long distances.
(d) He was too smart.
3. What will make Akin look less human?
(a) When he becomes a female.
(b) He will always look human.
(c) His metamorphosis.
(d) Too much time in the sun.
4. What about Lilith's body allowed Nikanj to heal?
(a) Human DNA.
(b) The cancer ability.
(c) Her female hormones.
(d) The hemoglobin in her blood.
5. What kind of ability does Nikanj agree to give Joseph?
(a) Superhuman strength.
(b) The ability to open the doors on the ship.
(c) The ability to heal himself.
6. Why do Lilith and Akin go into the forest in Chapter 4?
(a) To collect pretty leaves.
(b) To check their snares.
(c) To hunt for mushrooms.
(d) To tend a garden.
7. What does Lilith find when she returns from gathering supplies in Chapter 8?
(a) Tate is pregnant.
(b) Everyone has been sent to earth.
(c) Joseph has been returned from the dead.
(d) Curt has been executed.
8. Why did the resister leave his village?
(a) They were too violent for him.
(b) To see what else was in the world.
(c) He had committed a crime.
(d) There weren't enough women.
9. What does the resister say his village thinks of the Oankali?
(a) They are evil.
(b) They won't share power.
(c) They are too bossy.
(d) They are deformed humans.
10. Why can't Lilith leave the house where she is with Nikanj?
(a) He has started his metamorphosis.
(b) She is being mated to Nikanj.
(c) Nikanj needs her to cook the food.
(d) There is no where for her to go.
11. How does Akin's body develop?
(a) Slower than humans.
(b) Slower than Oankali.
(c) Faster than humans.
(d) Just as any child.
12. How old is Akin when he begins talking in complete sentences?
(a) Two months.
(b) Fourteen days.
(c) Six months.
(d) A year.
13. In Chapter 3 what are Tate and others building?
14. Where does Nikanj take Lilith after they meet?
(a) To the dining facility.
(b) To see the ship's bridge.
(c) To see its friends.
(d) To his quarters.
15. Where does Lilith learn she is?
(a) On a space ship.
(b) Far underground near the continent of Australia.
(c) Far underground near the continent of Antarctica.
(d) She does not yet know.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lilith tell Nikanj to go sit in a corner in Chapter 6?
2. What does Curt do to Nikanj?
3. What happens to the person in question # 29?
4. What does Curt do to Lilith when he attacks their camp?
5. What can't humans bodies use correctly?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)