|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lilith tell Nikanj to go sit in a corner in Chapter 6?
(a) It is infatuated with Tino.
(b) Nikanj is scaring Tino.
(c) It talks too much.
(d) It is eating all the bread.
2. What can't humans bodies use correctly?
(a) The food of Jdahya's people.
3. What does Jdahya tell Lilith?
(a) That Earth is still there, but will never be inhabitable.
(b) That Earth is totally destroyed.
(c) That Earth is being restored for human habitation.
(d) That Lilith is being taken to another planet.
4. What will make Akin look less human?
(a) When he becomes a female.
(b) He will always look human.
(c) His metamorphosis.
(d) Too much time in the sun.
5. Who is Lilith Iyapo?
(a) The seer.
(b) The doctor.
(c) An anthropologist.
(d) The character who is just awakening.
6. What does Nikanj tell Lilith about the humans on Earth?
(a) The women are all pregnant.
(b) They will die when the winter comes.
(c) They will be left.
(d) They are all infertile.
7. What does Curt do to Nikanj?
(a) Socks him in the face.
(b) Cuts off one sensory arm.
(c) Cuts his leg.
(d) Hits him in the head.
8. Why does one of the women attack Lilith?
(a) She is angry about the lack of meat in their diet.
(b) She thinks Lilith is lying about the Oankali.
(c) She wants Lilith's boyfriend.
(d) She is from a country that was fighting Lilith's country.
9. What do Lilith's captives ask her?
(a) Where her children are.
(b) Who her parents are.
(c) About her life before the war.
(d) Why she is there.
10. Why does Joseph come to Lilith's room?
(a) He has questions about the earth.
(b) He wants to marry a human woman.
(c) He has become her lover.
(d) He wants to help lead the group.
11. Where does Nikanj take Lilith after they meet?
(a) To see the ship's bridge.
(b) To see its friends.
(c) To his quarters.
(d) To the dining facility.
12. How old is Akin when he begins talking in complete sentences?
(a) Fourteen days.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) Two months.
13. How does Akin's body develop?
(a) Slower than humans.
(b) Slower than Oankali.
(c) Just as any child.
(d) Faster than humans.
14. Who is the father of Lilith's child?
15. What do the men in the forest do to Akin?
(a) Break his arm.
(b) Kidnap him.
(c) Kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the humans given when put into an Earth environment on the ship?
2. How does Peter die?
3. Where is Lilith?
4. What does Tino remember from the ship when he was younger?
5. Who is the first human Lilith meets on the Oankali ship?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)