|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joseph come to Lilith's room?
(a) He wants to marry a human woman.
(b) He has become her lover.
(c) He wants to help lead the group.
(d) He has questions about the earth.
2. What does Jdahya explain about the space ship?
(a) It is able to burrow under the ground for protection against the nuclear wastes.
(b) It grows as more space is needed.
(c) It is alive.
(d) It is in charge of all the Earth captives.
3. What does Lilith tell Tino he can do with her and Nikanj?
(a) Live with them.
(b) Make a baby with them.
(c) Eat dinner with them.
(d) Lie with them.
4. Where does one of the humans attempt to escape?
(a) Into a food supply cabinet.
(b) Into the Oankali's section of the ship.
(c) Into an air lock.
(d) Into an escape pod.
5. What do other Oankali tell Lilith is her role for the humans going to earth?
(a) She is to be the parent.
(b) She is to be the mate.
(c) She is to be the priestess.
(d) She is to be the Oankali teacher.
6. What happens to the person in question # 29?
(a) His brain is operated on to improve his mood.
(b) He is killed.
(d) He is put back to sleep.
7. What do the men in the forest do to Akin?
(b) Break his arm.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Kidnap him.
8. What are the humans speaking out about in Chapter 1?
(a) About the quality of the food.
(b) About what the Oankali are doing.
(c) About having children.
(d) About Lilith's alien baby.
9. Why does Lilith lead the group?
(a) She knows the area the best.
(b) She is the oldest.
(c) She is the strongest of them.
(d) She is smarter than the others.
10. How does Akin's body develop?
(a) Just as any child.
(b) Faster than humans.
(c) Slower than humans.
(d) Slower than Oankali.
11. What is the resister in the forest holding?
(a) Some hares from Lilith's trap.
(b) A sword.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A container for mushrooms.
12. How does Lilith feel about Joseph's idea?
(a) She doesn't think it is possible.
(b) She thinks it is immoral.
(c) She has no opinion.
(d) She agrees with it.
13. How does the person from question #38 think about what Lilith tells her?
(a) Thinks it is wonderful.
(b) Is angry about it.
(c) She believes Lilith and wants to learn more.
(d) Does not fully believe it.
14. What is the name of Tino's village?
(a) New Earth.
(b) Haven Home.
15. What do Lilith and Joseph find when they arrive at the meeting place?
(a) No one there.
(b) The water is polluted.
(c) The trees have been cut down.
(d) An entire village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lilith only wake women at first?
2. Who are the ooloi?
3. What does Jdahya say about his people helping Earth?
4. What does a man call Tino when some resisters find him and Akin in the forest?
5. What about Lilith's body allowed Nikanj to heal?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)