|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3 what are Tate and others building?
2. What does Jdahya say about his people helping Earth?
(a) They help out of scientific curiosity.
(b) The Earthlings must accept Jdahya's people living on Earth also.
(c) There is a price.
(d) The Earthlings must learn to get along better.
3. What does the resister say his village thinks of the Oankali?
(a) They won't share power.
(b) They are evil.
(c) They are too bossy.
(d) They are deformed humans.
4. With whom is Lilith told she must stay for a while to prepare for her future life?
(a) A male Oankali.
(b) A female Oankali.
(c) An ooloi.
(d) With Jdahya.
5. How does Akin's body develop?
(a) Slower than Oankali.
(b) Slower than humans.
(c) Faster than humans.
(d) Just as any child.
6. What human does Lilith wake first?
(a) Tate Marah.
(b) Sherry Patrick.
(c) Cathy Wineman.
(d) Paula Spears.
7. What does Curt do to Nikanj?
(a) Hits him in the head.
(b) Socks him in the face.
(c) Cuts off one sensory arm.
(d) Cuts his leg.
8. What does Lilith have this time as she awakens that she hasn't been given before?
(c) A communicator.
(d) A bath.
9. Where does one of the humans attempt to escape?
(a) Into a food supply cabinet.
(b) Into an air lock.
(c) Into the Oankali's section of the ship.
(d) Into an escape pod.
10. What will make Akin look less human?
(a) Too much time in the sun.
(b) When he becomes a female.
(c) He will always look human.
(d) His metamorphosis.
11. What does Lilith realize about her physical strength?
(a) She has been given tremendous strength.
(b) She thinks she is stronger than the Oankali.
(c) She has lost a lot of her strength.
(d) She doesn't notice any difference in her strength.
12. Why did the resister leave his village?
(a) He had committed a crime.
(b) They were too violent for him.
(c) There weren't enough women.
(d) To see what else was in the world.
13. What does a man call Tino when some resisters find him and Akin in the forest?
(a) A dupe for Lilith.
(c) A traitor.
(d) An alien.
14. What does Lilith do with people after she awakens them?
(a) Sends them to the Oankali.
(b) Explains what is happening.
(c) Sets them up in an earth-like environment immediately.
(d) Has them take basic personality tests.
15. Where are many of the humans on the Oankali ship?
(a) In stasis in plants.
(b) In confinement cells.
(c) In a place on the ship like earth's environment.
(d) Working in the various departments.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Akin when he begins talking in complete sentences?
2. Why is Lilith given to Kahguyaht?
3. What does Tino remember from the ship when he was younger?
4. What does Lilith offer to the resister?
5. What does Jdahya explain about the space ship?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)