|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lilith and Joseph find when they arrive at the meeting place?
(a) No one there.
(b) The water is polluted.
(c) An entire village.
(d) The trees have been cut down.
2. What happens to the person in question # 29?
(a) He is killed.
(c) He is put back to sleep.
(d) His brain is operated on to improve his mood.
3. What does Jdahya say about his people helping Earth?
(a) The Earthlings must learn to get along better.
(b) There is a price.
(c) They help out of scientific curiosity.
(d) The Earthlings must accept Jdahya's people living on Earth also.
4. Where does one of the humans attempt to escape?
(a) Into an escape pod.
(b) Into a food supply cabinet.
(c) Into an air lock.
(d) Into the Oankali's section of the ship.
5. Why does one of the women attack Lilith?
(a) She is angry about the lack of meat in their diet.
(b) She is from a country that was fighting Lilith's country.
(c) She thinks Lilith is lying about the Oankali.
(d) She wants Lilith's boyfriend.
6. What does Lilith do with people after she awakens them?
(a) Sets them up in an earth-like environment immediately.
(b) Sends them to the Oankali.
(c) Has them take basic personality tests.
(d) Explains what is happening.
7. What does Curt do to Nikanj?
(a) Socks him in the face.
(b) Hits him in the head.
(c) Cuts his leg.
(d) Cuts off one sensory arm.
8. What does a man call Tino when some resisters find him and Akin in the forest?
(a) An alien.
(b) A dupe for Lilith.
(c) A traitor.
9. What kind of trade are the Oankali offering the humans?
(a) They want half of the earth.
(b) They have offered no trade.
(c) Gene trade.
(d) They want ten percent of the humans to come to their home world.
10. Why does Lilith tell Nikanj to go sit in a corner in Chapter 6?
(a) It is infatuated with Tino.
(b) Nikanj is scaring Tino.
(c) It is eating all the bread.
(d) It talks too much.
11. What does Nikanj tell Lilith the humans planned to do with her on Earth?
(a) Take her baby.
(b) Make her negotiate with the Oankali.
(c) Keep her captive.
(d) Kill her.
12. Why can't Lilith leave the house where she is with Nikanj?
(a) She is being mated to Nikanj.
(b) He has started his metamorphosis.
(c) Nikanj needs her to cook the food.
(d) There is no where for her to go.
13. In Chapter 10 Lilith is changed so she can do what?
(a) Repell attackers with her mind.
(b) Open doors on the Oankali ship.
(c) Levitate objects.
(d) Heal instantly.
14. What does Tino remember from the ship when he was younger?
(a) That the humans on the ship were violent.
(b) The same feeling he has now with Lilith and Nikanj.
(c) That only humans slept together.
(d) That the Oankali kept him locked up.
15. How does the person from question #38 think about what Lilith tells her?
(a) Thinks it is wonderful.
(b) Does not fully believe it.
(c) Is angry about it.
(d) She believes Lilith and wants to learn more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tino's village?
2. Where does Nikanj have to go in Chapter 11?
3. How does Peter die?
4. Who is the father of Lilith's child?
5. How does Lilith feel about Kahguyaht's plan?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)