|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lilith Iyapo?
(a) The seer.
(b) An anthropologist.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The character who is just awakening.
2. Who is Nikanj?
(a) An Oankali physician.
(b) Kahguyaht's male mate.
(c) Jdahya's ooloi child.
(d) The Oankali who woke Lilith.
3. What is odd about the place where Lilith awakens?
(a) It is all glass.
(b) It has no obvious means of egress.
(c) It is octagonal.
(d) It is round.
4. What does Lilith realize about her physical strength?
(a) She has lost a lot of her strength.
(b) She thinks she is stronger than the Oankali.
(c) She doesn't notice any difference in her strength.
(d) She has been given tremendous strength.
5. What does Nikanj tell Lilith Kahguyaht wants to do to her?
(a) Change her memory.
(b) Impregnate her.
(c) Help her grow sensory arms.
(d) Take her to the home planet.
6. Where does Nikanj take Lilith after they meet?
(a) To see its friends.
(b) To see the ship's bridge.
(c) To the dining facility.
(d) To his quarters.
7. What does Lilith have this time as she awakens that she hasn't been given before?
(a) A communicator.
(d) A bath.
8. What happens to the person in question # 29?
(a) He is killed.
(c) His brain is operated on to improve his mood.
(d) He is put back to sleep.
9. Who is trying to help humans after the war?
(b) No one.
(c) Some sentient native animals.
(d) Humans from places where the war did not hit.
10. What does Nikanj tell Lilith about the humans on Earth?
(a) They are all infertile.
(b) The women are all pregnant.
(c) They will be left.
(d) They will die when the winter comes.
11. What do other Oankali tell Lilith is her role for the humans going to earth?
(a) She is to be the Oankali teacher.
(b) She is to be the parent.
(c) She is to be the priestess.
(d) She is to be the mate.
12. Why does Lilith only wake women at first?
(a) Because she is strong enough to control them.
(b) That is what the Oankali told her to do.
(c) Because she doesn't like men.
(d) She wants to get the women into age groups first.
13. Why does Lilith lead the group?
(a) She is smarter than the others.
(b) She is the strongest of them.
(c) She is the oldest.
(d) She knows the area the best.
14. Where does one of the humans attempt to escape?
(a) Into the Oankali's section of the ship.
(b) Into an air lock.
(c) Into a food supply cabinet.
(d) Into an escape pod.
15. What is the name of Tino's village?
(b) New Earth.
(c) Haven Home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lilith like Jdahya?
2. What do Lilith's captives ask her?
3. Why does one of the women attack Lilith?
4. What will make Akin look less human?
5. What can't humans bodies use correctly?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)