Essay Topic 1
Living Dead in Dallas belongs to the science fiction genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to science fiction.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre.
3. Discuss two reasons why it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
4. Discuss what your favorite genre is; give several examples and explain what you enjoy about books in that genre.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast Lilith's world to that of "real" life. What are the advantages to each world? The disadvantages?
2. In which world would you rather live in if you were human? What about if you were Oankali? Explain your response.
3. If you had an ooloi's abilities how would you use them? Use examples from Lilith's Brood and your own life to illustrate...
This section contains 2,334 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)