|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vane exist?
(a) Because a Will dwells inside his will.
(b) Because he is who he is.
(c) Because he is not asleep.
(d) Because he is not dead.
2. What does the Old Man who Vane meets claim?
(a) That Vane was wrong to dig in the desert.
(b) That Mara will turn Vane into stone.
(c) That Vane is his great-great nephew.
(d) That he has been turned away from the Chamber of Death.
3. What would have happened had Vane given the Little Ones a little water?
(a) They would have put the Giants in their place.
(b) They would kill Vane.
(c) They would have drowned.
(d) They would be thirsty for eternity.
4. What does the white leopard do?
(a) Licks Vane's face.
(b) Kills the General of the Army.
(c) Growls at the General of the Army.
(d) Helps rescue a boy.
5. Why does Vane think the Little Ones are in danger?
(a) Because he can no longer hear their singing.
(b) Because of Vane.
(c) Because they have all grown a couple inches.
(d) Because they are complaining of thirst.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is the song Eve sings?
2. What enters Lilith's heart?
3. Why does Vane welcome the cold?
4. Who is sobbing over Lona's body?
5. From what book does Raven read?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the baby that the "fugitive mother" was carrying?
2. Describe Vane.
3. Describe Vane's trek to buy Lililth's hand.
4. Describe Lona.
5. What is Vane contemplating about creation?
6. What does the Princess tell Vane after Vane bathes and eats?
7. How does Vane bond with a magnificent horse and what does he do with the horse?
8. What does Lilith do in the desert and what does she demand?
9. What saves Vane from wolves and how do they influence Vane?
10. Describe the Princess's encounter with Lona.
This section contains 1,253 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)