|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the two worlds described in the book?
(a) They are not described.
(b) Two distinct worlds occupying the same space.
(c) The same.
(d) Strangely one yet wide apart.
2. Who does God send to replace Lilith?
(c) The woman without a name.
(d) No one.
3. What has the desert become?
(a) Infinitesimally small.
(b) An ocean.
(c) Grassy plains and forests.
(d) A mountain.
4. Who does Whitey drive off?
5. When has Lona left her couch?
(a) When she thirsts.
(b) In a dream.
(c) When Lilith pushes her away.
(d) When Mara comes to get her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a baby?
2. How does Lilith attach Vane?
3. Who has adapted to life in the trees?
4. What enters Lilith's heart?
5. What does the monsters' hollow hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Vane contemplating about creation?
2. How does Vane bond with a magnificent horse and what does he do with the horse?
3. Describe Vane.
4. What happens to the white cat that interrupts Raven's reading?
5. What does Mara do with Lilith?
6. What does Vane think about after he has been "pushed" back into his own world?
7. What saves Vane from wolves and how do they influence Vane?
8. What happens to the baby that the "fugitive mother" was carrying?
9. What does Lona tell Vane has happened since he was last there?
10. Who pushes for an attack on the city and what is Vane's response?
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)