|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Princess do?
(a) Stabs Vane.
(c) Stabs Lona.
(d) Dashes Lona to the marble floor.
2. What comes to Vane in the daylight?
(b) Little Ones.
(c) Dim memories.
3. What does Vane notice on the Princess's left hand?
(a) A large sapphire ring.
(b) A suspicious glove.
(c) One finger missing.
(d) A large diamond ring.
4. Why does Vane exist?
(a) Because he is not asleep.
(b) Because he is not dead.
(c) Because he is who he is.
(d) Because a Will dwells inside his will.
5. What would have happened had Vane given the Little Ones a little water?
(a) They would have drowned.
(b) They would have put the Giants in their place.
(c) They would kill Vane.
(d) They would be thirsty for eternity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Odu looks upon Mara's face?
2. What does Odu beg of Mara?
3. Why does Vane not know his mother at first?
4. What does Mara invite Lilith to do?
5. From what book does Raven read?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what does Raven read from the mutilated book?
2. What happens to the baby that the "fugitive mother" was carrying?
3. What does Raven tell Vane back at Vane's house?
4. What is Vane contemplating about creation?
5. Describe the Fugitive Mother, who is the one who pushes for an attack on the city.
6. Describe the garret and mirror.
7. What does the Princess tell Vane after Vane bathes and eats?
8. When Vane sees the Princess, what does she tell him when she first sees him and what does he think?
9. What does Vane think about after he has been "pushed" back into his own world?
10. Why does Vane say he is unworthy to sleep in the chamber and what does he have to first do before sleeping?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)