|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lilith ask of Mara?
(a) That Mara unclench her hand.
(b) That Mara let her die.
(c) That Mara merge with Lilith to teach her.
(d) That Mara send her to Purgatory.
2. Why does Vane welcome the cold?
(a) The couches are heated.
(b) It helps him grow less conscious of himself.
(c) He accepts it as just punishment.
(d) The room is so hot.
3. What does the Princess ask Vane to do?
(a) Kill himself for her.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Leave immediately.
(d) Climb a tree.
4. For what does the woman of Bulika push?
(a) Making peace with the city.
(b) The Little Ones being adopted by couples in the city.
(c) An attack on the city.
(d) Having her baby kept by the Little Ones.
5. What swirls above the mountain where the company is heading?
(c) The hosts of earth.
(d) The hosts of heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Army enter the city?
2. What does Raven say is Vane's most foolish act?
3. Where does Vane first seem to sleep and then awaken?
4. Who has roared for Vane?
5. What comes to Vane in the daylight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Fugitive Mother, who is the one who pushes for an attack on the city.
2. Describe the garret and mirror.
3. What happens to the baby that the "fugitive mother" was carrying?
4. What is Vane contemplating about creation?
5. About what does Raven read from the mutilated book?
6. Why does Vane say he is unworthy to sleep in the chamber and what does he have to first do before sleeping?
7. What does Lona tell Vane has happened since he was last there?
8. What does Lilith do in the desert and what does she demand?
9. What happens to the white cat that interrupts Raven's reading?
10. Describe Lona.
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)