|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Raven's reading?
(a) A huge, white cat.
(b) Mrs. Raven.
(c) A fairy.
(d) A unicorn.
2. How are the two worlds described in the book?
(a) Strangely one yet wide apart.
(b) Two distinct worlds occupying the same space.
(c) They are not described.
(d) The same.
3. With what are the Little Ones plagued?
(a) Biting insects.
(b) Extreme cold.
(c) Extreme heat.
4. Who does Vane think Lona is?
(a) Adam and Lilith's daughter.
(b) His sister.
(c) The Mayor's daughter.
(d) His niece.
5. What happens to the hole Vane digs?
(a) It turns to quicksand.
(b) It disappears.
(c) A tree grows out of it.
(d) It will not fill in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Vane do in the desert?
2. Where does Vane first seem to sleep and then awaken?
3. For what does the woman of Bulika push?
4. About what is the song Eve sings?
5. What does Vane wish?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who pushes for an attack on the city and what is Vane's response?
2. What does Mara do with Lilith?
3. What happens to the white cat that interrupts Raven's reading?
4. Describe Vane's trek to buy Lililth's hand.
5. When Vane sees the Princess, what does she tell him when she first sees him and what does he think?
6. How does Vane bond with a magnificent horse and what does he do with the horse?
7. Describe the garret and mirror.
8. What does Adam explain about sleep?
9. What does Lona tell Vane has happened since he was last there?
10. What is Vane contemplating about creation?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)