|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Odu looks upon Mara's face?
(a) He dies.
(b) He is filled with bliss.
(c) He faints.
(d) He cries uncontrollably.
2. Who tramples the Giants?
3. What does Vane contemplate?
(a) His wife, Lona.
(b) His parents' bliss.
(c) His new-found oneness with all creation.
(d) His new home.
4. Who interrupts Raven's reading?
(a) Mrs. Raven.
(b) A fairy.
(c) A unicorn.
(d) A huge, white cat.
5. What does the Old Man who Vane meets claim?
(a) That he has been turned away from the Chamber of Death.
(b) That Vane is his great-great nephew.
(c) That Vane was wrong to dig in the desert.
(d) That Mara will turn Vane into stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Whitey drive off?
2. What does Raven say is Vane's most foolish act?
3. Where does the Princess wait?
4. Towards what do Vane and Lona climb?
5. What does the Princess do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Vane told when he seems to wake up and goes outside to find the desert alive with streams and ponds?
2. What does the Princess tell Vane after Vane bathes and eats?
3. How does Vane bond with a magnificent horse and what does he do with the horse?
4. What does Lilith do in the desert and what does she demand?
5. Describe the Fugitive Mother, who is the one who pushes for an attack on the city.
6. What happens to the baby that the "fugitive mother" was carrying?
7. What does Adam explain about sleep?
8. What does Vane think about after he has been "pushed" back into his own world?
9. What does Lona tell Vane has happened since he was last there?
10. What does Mara do with Lilith?
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)