|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raven agree with Vane as far as the Little Ones are concerned?
(a) They are way ahead of Vane.
(b) They do not need Vane.
(c) They only pretend goodness.
(d) They know their names.
2. How are the two worlds described in the book?
(a) Two distinct worlds occupying the same space.
(b) The same.
(c) Strangely one yet wide apart.
(d) They are not described.
3. With what are the Little Ones plagued?
(a) Extreme heat.
(b) Extreme cold.
(d) Biting insects.
4. What does the Old Man who Vane meets claim?
(a) That he has been turned away from the Chamber of Death.
(b) That Vane was wrong to dig in the desert.
(c) That Mara will turn Vane into stone.
(d) That Vane is his great-great nephew.
5. Who does God send to replace Lilith?
(b) No one.
(c) The woman without a name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vane think Lona is?
2. Into what does the spotted leopard turn?
3. Of what does the rising sun remind Vane?
4. What does Raven say is Vane's most foolish act?
5. What does Raven summon as the moon rises?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vane say he is unworthy to sleep in the chamber and what does he have to first do before sleeping?
2. Describe Vane's trek to buy Lililth's hand.
3. What does Vane think about after he has been "pushed" back into his own world?
4. How does Vane bond with a magnificent horse and what does he do with the horse?
5. Describe the Fugitive Mother, who is the one who pushes for an attack on the city.
6. What does Mara do with Lilith?
7. Describe Vane.
8. What does Adam explain about sleep?
9. Describe Lona.
10. What does Lona tell Vane has happened since he was last there?
This section contains 1,382 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)