|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vane think the Little Ones are in danger?
(a) Because he can no longer hear their singing.
(b) Because they are complaining of thirst.
(c) Because they have all grown a couple inches.
(d) Because of Vane.
2. Who does Whitey drive off?
3. What does the Princess do?
(b) Stabs Lona.
(c) Dashes Lona to the marble floor.
(d) Stabs Vane.
4. What does Vane advice the Old Man to do?
(a) To go to the cottage, eat and drink, and wait for the advice of the wise Lady of Sorrow.
(b) To lie on one of the couches.
(c) To contact Vane's father.
(d) To return to the desert.
5. Who does Vane think Lona is?
(a) Adam and Lilith's daughter.
(b) His niece.
(c) His sister.
(d) The Mayor's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the white leopard do?
2. Where does Vane first seem to sleep and then awaken?
3. Into what does the spotted leopard turn?
4. How are the two worlds described in the book?
5. Who interrupts Raven's reading?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Princess's encounter with Lona.
2. What does Adam explain about sleep?
3. Why does Vane say he is unworthy to sleep in the chamber and what does he have to first do before sleeping?
4. Describe the Fugitive Mother, who is the one who pushes for an attack on the city.
5. How does Vane bond with a magnificent horse and what does he do with the horse?
6. What happens to the white cat that interrupts Raven's reading?
7. What does Lona tell Vane has happened since he was last there?
8. Who pushes for an attack on the city and what is Vane's response?
9. What does Raven tell Vane back at Vane's house?
10. About what does Raven read from the mutilated book?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)