|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Army enter the city?
(a) With weapons firing.
(b) Secretly by twos and threes.
2. With what are the Little Ones plagued?
(b) Extreme cold.
(c) Extreme heat.
(d) Biting insects.
3. What does Vane notice on the Princess's left hand?
(a) A large diamond ring.
(b) One finger missing.
(c) A suspicious glove.
(d) A large sapphire ring.
4. Where does Vane carry Lona's body?
(a) To Lilith's prison.
(b) To an underground cave.
(c) To his library through the mirror.
(d) To her father.
5. What does the white leopard do?
(a) Licks Vane's face.
(b) Helps rescue a boy.
(c) Kills the General of the Army.
(d) Growls at the General of the Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pushes Vane through a little door?
2. What does Raven summon as the moon rises?
3. What does the Princess ask Vane to do?
4. What does Eve do when Luva's mother refuses her?
5. What does Vane fear as he bathes and eats at the palace?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Vane sees the Princess, what does she tell him when she first sees him and what does he think?
2. What does Lilith do in the desert and what does she demand?
3. Why does Vane say he is unworthy to sleep in the chamber and what does he have to first do before sleeping?
4. Who pushes for an attack on the city and what is Vane's response?
5. What is Vane contemplating about creation?
6. What happens to the baby that the "fugitive mother" was carrying?
7. Describe Vane.
8. About what does Raven read from the mutilated book?
9. What does the Princess tell Vane after Vane bathes and eats?
10. What is Vane told when he seems to wake up and goes outside to find the desert alive with streams and ponds?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)