|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What swirls above the mountain where the company is heading?
(a) The hosts of earth.
(c) The hosts of heaven.
2. What does the Princess ask Vane to do?
(a) Kill himself for her.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Climb a tree.
(d) Leave immediately.
3. Who does Vane think will ascend the throne?
(b) The White Cat.
(c) The Spotted Leopard.
(d) The Princess of the Leopards.
4. Why does Vane welcome the cold?
(a) It helps him grow less conscious of himself.
(b) The couches are heated.
(c) The room is so hot.
(d) He accepts it as just punishment.
5. Why does Vane not know his mother at first?
(a) She is an infant.
(b) She has a sheet over her face.
(c) She is getting younger.
(d) She is in a different incarnation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vane first seem to sleep and then awaken?
2. Why doesn't the Princess notice the Shadow?
3. How does Lilith attach Vane?
4. Where does the Princess wait?
5. What does Vane advice the Old Man to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Raven tell Vane back at Vane's house?
2. How does Vane bond with a magnificent horse and what does he do with the horse?
3. Describe the Princess's encounter with Lona.
4. Describe the Fugitive Mother, who is the one who pushes for an attack on the city.
5. Who pushes for an attack on the city and what is Vane's response?
6. What does Lilith do in the desert and what does she demand?
7. Why does Vane say he is unworthy to sleep in the chamber and what does he have to first do before sleeping?
8. What does Mara do with Lilith?
9. What does the Princess tell Vane after Vane bathes and eats?
10. What happens to the white cat that interrupts Raven's reading?
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)