|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Vane first seem to sleep and then awaken?
(a) In the desert.
(b) In the Chamber of Death.
(c) At his own home.
(d) In the palace in Bulika.
2. What does the white leopard do?
(a) Growls at the General of the Army.
(b) Kills the General of the Army.
(c) Licks Vane's face.
(d) Helps rescue a boy.
3. What does Vane wonder?
(a) If he is still in the Chamber of Death.
(b) If he will ever return to the other place.
(c) If he will meet Lona in his world.
4. Whose brain has Vane been inside?
(a) The Princess.
(b) The white leopard.
5. Who does Vane think will ascend the throne?
(a) The Spotted Leopard.
(c) The White Cat.
(d) The Princess of the Leopards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raven summon as the moon rises?
2. Who has adapted to life in the trees?
3. How are the two worlds described in the book?
4. Who approaches Vane near the river bed?
5. Who does God send to replace Lilith?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who pushes for an attack on the city and what is Vane's response?
2. How does Lilith get her hand unclenched and what happens to her?
3. What does Lilith do in the desert and what does she demand?
4. What does Raven tell Vane back at Vane's house?
5. What does Mara do with Lilith?
6. What happens to the white cat that interrupts Raven's reading?
7. What is Vane told when he seems to wake up and goes outside to find the desert alive with streams and ponds?
8. What does Vane think about after he has been "pushed" back into his own world?
9. What does the Princess tell Vane after Vane bathes and eats?
10. Describe the Princess's encounter with Lona.
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)