|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vane examine along the river bed?
(a) Water lilies.
(b) Water nymphs.
(c) Shrubs and trees.
2. What does Mr. Vane notice?
(a) That it is almost noon when he wakes up.
(b) A tall figure select a book and vanish.
(c) That both of his friends are insecure.
(d) That the other cricket team has too many players.
3. What does the woman catch biting Vane?
(a) A snake.
(b) A bee.
(c) A six-foot leech.
(d) A rat.
4. How does Vane try to revive the corpse?
(a) With prayer.
(b) With grape juice.
(c) By wrapping it in a resurrection plant.
(d) By singing to it.
5. How do the prayers rise from the church?
(a) In the form of pigeons.
(b) On the arms of a kite.
(c) On the heat of a fire.
(d) From the wind of the eternal breath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the white animal walking behind?
2. To whose care do the Little Ones commend Vane?
3. What does the person in the ravine say about the Little Ones?
4. What library does Cat-Woman tell Vane to visit to learn about the Little Ones?
5. What kind of tree is in the ruins of a church?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the battle Vane witness when he wakes after falling asleep in the forest.
2. Why does Vane follow the woman?
3. What does Mr. Vane ask of the raven and how does the raven respond?
4. What does Vane's father describe in some papers Vane finds?
5. What comforts Vane about his father and what does Vane postulate about his father's death?
6. Describe the Fugitive Mother, who is the one who pushes for an attack on the city.
7. What does Raven give Vane to follow and what happens to the guide?
8. When Vane sees the Princess, what does she tell him when she first sees him and what does he think?
9. Why does Vane go to Bulika?
10. Why isn't Raven very accommodating to Vane?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)