|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vane do that makes it difficult for him to find love?
(a) He constantly flees.
(b) He misjudges people.
(c) He judges people.
(d) He love not himself.
2. What is a characteristic of objects in this place?
(a) They can only float.
(b) They cannot occupy the same place and time.
(c) They are heavier than the real objects.
(d) They can occupy the same place and time.
3. What does Vane want the woman to know?
(a) That he has cared for her with reverence.
(b) That she is reborn as a being of light.
(c) That she can leave there when she wants.
(d) That God decreed that she be naked.
4. About what are the riddles Mr. Vane hears?
(a) Exit doors.
(b) Opening and closing.
(c) Birds in flight.
(d) Fire and ice.
5. What does the woman offer Vane for a safe transit home?
(d) Directions out of the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Vane notice?
2. What does Vane beg of the woman?
3. What makes Vane shudder?
4. What kind of eyes does the beautiful woman have?
5. What does Vane come upon as he walks under the moon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Vane catches up to the woman?
2. What does Mr. Vane think may have happened to him and what does he do because of that?
3. Describe the skeleton couple Vane meets.
4. Why do the Little Ones weep and why does Vane worry about his interaction with them?
5. What happens to set Mr. Vane off on his quest?
6. How does Vane meet Cat-Woman and how does he feel about her?
7. What does Cat-Woman say about the Giant Queen myth?
8. What does Raven say every human being has within?
9. How does Raven explain the sleepers?
10. Describe what happens at the Sexton's Cottage before they go through the inner door.
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)