|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the warm wind do?
(a) Makes the flowers grow an inch a minute.
(b) Strips the skeletons of decaying flesh and clothes.
(c) Puts Vane into a deep sleep.
(d) Sets the forest on fire.
2. What does Vane see when he creeps back into Bulika that night?
(a) A white rabbit.
(b) A white leopard.
(c) A white dog.
(d) A white bear.
3. Who is Astarte?
(a) Cat-woman's messenger dove.
(b) The Queen of the Stars.
(c) Cat-woman's messenger panther.
(d) Cat-woman's messenger mountain lion.
4. What happens to the woman when she falls?
(a) She disintegrates into snakes and bats.
(b) She chants a curse.
(c) She screams out in a strange language.
(d) She breaks her neck.
5. What does the woman in white injure one of the Princess of Bulika's leopards?
(a) To see if it is real.
(b) To keep it from killing her cat.
(c) To keep it from drinking her baby's blood.
(d) To get revenge on the Princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Vane's household ghost?
2. What makes a Little One grow or age?
3. How does Mr. Vane feel about the garret in the morning?
4. Where does the bird lead Vane?
5. What does Vane do that makes it difficult for him to find love?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens at the Sexton's Cottage before they go through the inner door.
2. Why does Vane follow the woman?
3. What does Lona tell Vane about Little Ones and what is his response?
4. How does Vane continue to try to resurrect the fresh corpse of the woman?
5. Describe Vane's encounter with a frightened woman in Bulika.
6. What does Raven say about prayers to Vane?
7. Who is the "Fugitive Mother" and what is her connection to Vane?
8. What happens when Vane catches up to the woman?
9. How does Vane meet Cat-Woman and how does he feel about her?
10. What comforts Vane about his father and what does Vane postulate about his father's death?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)