|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vane come upon as he walks under the moon?
(a) A ring resembling Stonehenge.
(b) A herd of unicorns.
(c) A fresh corpse.
(d) A field of daffodils.
2. What kind of eyes does the beautiful woman have?
3. What does the woman offer Vane for a safe transit home?
(d) Directions out of the city.
4. When will Vane know the reasons for what the sleepers do?
(a) When his day comes to wake.
(b) When he has achieved enlightenment.
(c) When he goes to sleep.
(d) When he has read the book of life.
5. What does the woman explain to Vane?
(a) Why the Princess is blind.
(b) About the city's economics and hatred of foreigners.
(c) Why the Princess is barren.
(d) How the lions came to live in the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What terrifies Vane Sr.?
2. What does Vane see when he awakens to the sound of animal noises?
3. What keeps Vane from communing with the beasts?
4. What is the man in the mirror doing?
5. What is Mr. Vane doing at the opening of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Raven call the place where Mr. Vane is and what odd things are there?
2. What comforts Vane about his father and what does Vane postulate about his father's death?
3. Why does Vane go to Bulika?
4. Why does Vane decide to go on his own to Raven's world and what sort of reception does he get from Raven?
5. How does Vane interact with the white Leopardess?
6. Why do the Little Ones weep and why does Vane worry about his interaction with them?
7. How does Vane continue to try to resurrect the fresh corpse of the woman?
8. How are the sleepers described?
9. Why does Vane follow the woman?
10. Briefly describe the legend that Mr. Vane learns from his butler.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)