|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Vane's grandfather?
(a) Floating on the ocean of bliss.
(b) In the Sanctuary of Light.
(c) In the Evil Steppes.
(d) In the Evil Wood.
2. Who is Astarte?
(a) The Queen of the Stars.
(b) Cat-woman's messenger mountain lion.
(c) Cat-woman's messenger dove.
(d) Cat-woman's messenger panther.
3. By what do Vane and the Ravens walk?
(a) An infinity of couches.
(b) A cross.
(c) A thousand stone statues.
(d) Millions of coffins.
4. What does Vane want to become?
(a) A unicorn.
(c) The good giant that the Little Ones need.
(d) An angel.
5. What does the woman offer Vane for a safe transit home?
(a) Directions out of the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the bird lead Vane?
2. How do the prayers rise from the church?
3. What is growing up Vane's chimney?
4. What does the forest resemble that Vane comes upon after going through a desert?
5. How does Mr. Vane feel about the garret in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Vane think may have happened to him and what does he do because of that?
2. Briefly describe the legend that Mr. Vane learns from his butler.
3. What does Raven say every human being has within?
4. What does Lona tell Vane about Little Ones and what is his response?
5. Why do the Little Ones weep and why does Vane worry about his interaction with them?
6. How does Vane continue to try to resurrect the fresh corpse of the woman?
7. Describe Bulika.
8. How does Raven explain the sleepers?
9. What happens after Vane eats a tiny apple?
10. To where does Mr. Vane follow the figure who appears and disappears?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)