|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what do Vane and the Ravens walk?
(a) An infinity of couches.
(b) Millions of coffins.
(c) A cross.
(d) A thousand stone statues.
2. How does Vane try to revive the corpse?
(a) By wrapping it in a resurrection plant.
(b) With prayer.
(c) With grape juice.
(d) By singing to it.
3. What does Vane follow to Bulika?
(a) Two white leopards.
(b) A blood trail.
(c) A white bear.
(d) A young elf.
4. What is the rosebush?
(a) A lady in distress.
(b) A lady playing a piano.
(c) A gardener clipping daffodils.
(d) A knight on a horse.
5. About what does Vane learn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman offer Vane for a safe transit home?
2. What does Vane see but ignores?
3. Who is Astarte?
4. What kind of tree is in the ruins of a church?
5. What does Vane see when he creeps back into Bulika that night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vane's father describe in some papers Vane finds?
2. What does Raven give Vane to follow and what happens to the guide?
3. What does Vane do at Cat-Woman's house?
4. Describe what happens at the Sexton's Cottage before they go through the inner door.
5. What does Vane do that is an "awful duty"?
6. Describe the skeleton couple Vane meets.
7. Describe Bulika.
8. Briefly describe the legend that Mr. Vane learns from his butler.
9. How are the sleepers described?
10. How does Vane meet Cat-Woman and how does he feel about her?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)