|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raven say is with Vane?
(a) Just Vane's grandfather.
(b) Just Sir Upward.
(c) Vane Sr., Sir Upward and Vane's grandfather.
(d) Just Vane, Sr.
2. For what does the woman who has come back from death ask?
(a) Her paints.
(b) Her clothes and jewels.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her husband.
3. What is Mr. Vane doing at the opening of the book?
(a) Reading in the library.
(c) Playing cricket.
(d) Talking with three friends at a coffee shop.
4. What does Mr. Vane decide to do after waking?
(a) Sell the house.
(b) Remodel the house.
(c) Burn the house to the ground.
(d) Move to Canada.
5. What does Raven unearth for Vane to follow?
(a) A centipede.
(b) A robin.
(c) A firefly.
(d) A groundhog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person in the ravine say about the Little Ones?
2. What is Mr. Vane just beginning to become?
3. What kind of tree is in the ruins of a church?
4. How does the woman treat Vane?
5. What does Vane see when he awakens to the sound of animal noises?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of what do the Little Ones warn Vane?
2. Briefly describe the legend that Mr. Vane learns from his butler.
3. What does Raven say every human being has within?
4. Why does Vane decide to go on his own to Raven's world and what sort of reception does he get from Raven?
5. Describe Vane's encounter with a frightened woman in Bulika.
6. How does Raven explain the sleepers?
7. What does Mr. Vane think may have happened to him and what does he do because of that?
8. What does Raven say about prayers to Vane?
9. How are the sleepers described?
10. Describe the skeleton couple Vane meets.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)