|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will Vane know the reasons for what the sleepers do?
(a) When he has achieved enlightenment.
(b) When he has read the book of life.
(c) When he goes to sleep.
(d) When his day comes to wake.
2. Where is Vane's grandfather?
(a) Floating on the ocean of bliss.
(b) In the Evil Steppes.
(c) In the Evil Wood.
(d) In the Sanctuary of Light.
3. What does Vane do when the Ravens leave?
(a) Flees wildly.
(d) Writes a poem.
4. What does Raven unearth for Vane to follow?
(a) A centipede.
(b) A firefly.
(c) A robin.
(d) A groundhog.
5. What happens when Vane eats a tiny apple?
(a) Raven arrives.
(b) He is surrounded by laughing water nymphs.
(c) He is surrounded by laughing children.
(d) He is surrounded by laughing fairies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Princess of Bulika kill every baby of which she hears?
2. Who is Lona?
3. What makes a Little One grow or age?
4. Where does Vane move while watching the battle?
5. Where does Vane bathe the corpse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lona tell Vane about Little Ones and what is his response?
2. Why does Vane follow the woman?
3. What does Raven say about prayers to Vane?
4. Briefly describe the legend that Mr. Vane learns from his butler.
5. Describe the skeleton couple Vane meets.
6. How does the woman act when she first stands alive?
7. Why do the Little Ones weep and why does Vane worry about his interaction with them?
8. How does Vane interact with the white Leopardess?
9. How are the sleepers described?
10. Describe Vane's encounter with a frightened woman in Bulika.
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)