|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vane find on his cheek and neck after he wakes?
2. Who does Vane see in a ravine?
(b) A dead Little One.
(d) Giant-girl Queen.
3. What legend does Vane learn from his butler?
(a) Of Sir Upward and a librarian.
(b) The Legend of Sir Hanarad.
(c) The Legend of the Ghost Lawyer.
(d) The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.
4. Whose papers does Vane find?
(a) His father's.
(b) A great uncle.
(c) His mother's.
5. Where does Vane bathe the corpse?
(a) A small, cold stream.
(b) The hot currents of the river.
(c) A claw-foot bathtub.
(d) A pond lit by the moonlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the woman when she falls?
2. Why does Vane think he is not in Hell?
3. What name does the Cat-Woman use?
4. For what does the woman who has come back from death ask?
5. What does Raven speak of as he starts the chamber turning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vane do at Cat-Woman's house?
2. Who is the "Fugitive Mother" and what is her connection to Vane?
3. Why does Vane follow the woman?
4. Describe what happens at the Sexton's Cottage before they go through the inner door.
5. What does Raven give Vane to follow and what happens to the guide?
6. What does Raven say about prayers to Vane?
7. What comforts Vane about his father and what does Vane postulate about his father's death?
8. To where does Mr. Vane follow the figure who appears and disappears?
9. How does Vane continue to try to resurrect the fresh corpse of the woman?
10. Describe Vane's encounter with a frightened woman in Bulika.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)