|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Vane notice?
(a) That both of his friends are insecure.
(b) A tall figure select a book and vanish.
(c) That it is almost noon when he wakes up.
(d) That the other cricket team has too many players.
2. What is Mr. Vane doing at the opening of the book?
(a) Playing cricket.
(c) Reading in the library.
(d) Talking with three friends at a coffee shop.
3. What does Vane see when he awakens to the sound of animal noises?
(a) Cat-woman petting a panther.
(b) Nothing; it is pitch black.
(c) A wolf growling at cat-woman.
(d) Cat-woman petting a mountain lion.
4. How does the woman think Vane has shamed her?
(a) By telling her she is dead.
(b) By touching her.
(c) By refusing to touch her.
(d) By seeing her naked.
5. For what does Raven use Vane's house?
(a) As a connection to All That Is.
(b) Visiting those who are asleep.
(c) As a place of meditation.
(d) As a conduit for visiting another world.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Vane treated in Bulika?
2. Where is Vane's grandfather?
3. Who does Vane see in a ravine?
4. Why does the Princess of Bulika kill every baby of which she hears?
5. What does his guide become after Vane holds it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Raven give Vane to follow and what happens to the guide?
2. Why do the Little Ones weep and why does Vane worry about his interaction with them?
3. How does Vane interact with the white Leopardess?
4. What does Cat-Woman say about the Giant Queen myth?
5. What does Lona tell Vane about Little Ones and what is his response?
6. Describe Bulika.
7. Describe the Fugitive Mother, who is the one who pushes for an attack on the city.
8. When Vane sees the Princess, what does she tell him when she first sees him and what does he think?
9. What does Raven say about prayers to Vane?
10. Why does Vane say he is unworthy to sleep in the chamber and what does he have to first do before sleeping?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)