|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the sick and deformed taxed?
(a) As punishment for their obvious sins.
(b) To serve the wealthy.
(c) Because they are unsightly.
(d) Because they are the only ones who work.
2. What is growing up Vane's chimney?
(a) A tree.
(b) A trumpet vine.
(c) A fig bush.
(d) A blackberry bush.
3. Why is Vane being watched?
(a) The see if he kills any of the water nymphs.
(b) To see if he drinks from the river.
(c) To see if he eats the fruit.
(d) To see if he takes any of the gems.
4. How does Mr. Vane feel about the garret in the morning?
(a) He is terrified of it.
(b) He doesn't remember anything about a garret.
(c) He is quite curious about it.
(d) He has no fear of it.
5. In what does Vane now find joy?
(d) His dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vane think his father may have followed him to the heather?
2. Who is Vane determined to see?
3. Who does Raven say is with Vane?
4. Why does the Princess of Bulika kill every baby of which she hears?
5. Where is Vane's grandfather?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vane go to Bulika?
2. How are the sleepers described?
3. What does Lona tell Vane about Little Ones and what is his response?
4. What comforts Vane about his father and what does Vane postulate about his father's death?
5. What does Cat-Woman say about the Giant Queen myth?
6. To where does Mr. Vane follow the figure who appears and disappears?
7. What does Raven call the place where Mr. Vane is and what odd things are there?
8. Briefly describe the legend that Mr. Vane learns from his butler.
9. How does Vane continue to try to resurrect the fresh corpse of the woman?
10. What happens after Vane eats a tiny apple?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)