|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vane come upon as he walks under the moon?
(a) A field of daffodils.
(b) A fresh corpse.
(c) A herd of unicorns.
(d) A ring resembling Stonehenge.
2. How will Vane learn to recognize the flower?
(a) By drawing its petals.
(b) By feeling its softness.
(c) By smelling its fragrance.
(d) By opening his own eyes.
3. Why are the sick and deformed taxed?
(a) Because they are unsightly.
(b) Because they are the only ones who work.
(c) To serve the wealthy.
(d) As punishment for their obvious sins.
4. What does Vane want to become?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) An angel.
(c) The good giant that the Little Ones need.
5. What does Raven unearth for Vane to follow?
(a) A centipede.
(b) A groundhog.
(c) A robin.
(d) A firefly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vane move while watching the battle?
2. What kind of flower does Raven show Vane?
3. How long have the Little Ones existed?
4. What does the person in the ravine say about the Little Ones?
5. When will Vane know the reasons for what the sleepers do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bulika.
2. What does Cat-Woman say about the Giant Queen myth?
3. Describe what happens at the Sexton's Cottage before they go through the inner door.
4. Describe the battle Vane witness when he wakes after falling asleep in the forest.
5. Why isn't Raven very accommodating to Vane?
6. Describe the skeleton couple Vane meets.
7. What happens when Vane catches up to the woman?
8. What does Raven give Vane to follow and what happens to the guide?
9. What does Raven call the place where Mr. Vane is and what odd things are there?
10. What happens to set Mr. Vane off on his quest?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)