|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Vane move while watching the battle?
(a) Out onto the ocean.
(b) Up in a tree.
(c) A dry stream bed.
(d) On top of a pyramid with steps.
2. Who does Vane see in a ravine?
(a) Giant-girl Queen.
(d) A dead Little One.
3. What does Vane come upon as he walks under the moon?
(a) A ring resembling Stonehenge.
(b) A herd of unicorns.
(c) A fresh corpse.
(d) A field of daffodils.
4. What does Vane want to become?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) An angel.
(d) The good giant that the Little Ones need.
5. What does his guide become after Vane holds it?
(a) A kite.
(b) A book.
(c) A tablet.
(d) A lantern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does the Cat-Woman use?
2. What does Raven do after talking to Vane about the couple and the dancers?
3. For what does Raven use Vane's house?
4. What does the woman in white injure one of the Princess of Bulika's leopards?
5. What does Vane's guide first become?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't Raven very accommodating to Vane?
2. How are the sleepers described?
3. Briefly describe the legend that Mr. Vane learns from his butler.
4. Of what do the Little Ones warn Vane?
5. What does Mr. Vane think may have happened to him and what does he do because of that?
6. What does Lona tell Vane about Little Ones and what is his response?
7. Describe the skeleton couple Vane meets.
8. What does Raven give Vane to follow and what happens to the guide?
9. Describe Vane's encounter with a frightened woman in Bulika.
10. Describe the battle Vane witness when he wakes after falling asleep in the forest.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)