|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a stupid man throw at Vane?
(a) A knife.
(b) A dead ermine.
(c) A snake.
(d) A loaf of bread.
2. What happens when the woman panics when she and Vane reach her home?
(a) She calls for the city guard.
(b) She faints.
(c) She screams.
(d) She locks out Vane.
3. What does Vane wonder why he is not being treated as?
(a) An adult.
(b) A free agent.
(c) A man.
(d) An asset.
4. By what do Vane and the Ravens walk?
(a) Millions of coffins.
(b) An infinity of couches.
(c) A cross.
(d) A thousand stone statues.
5. Where does Raven say the skeletons are?
(a) In stasis.
(b) In Hell.
(c) In a third dimension.
(d) In Purgatory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vane find on his cheek and neck after he wakes?
2. What does Raven unearth for Vane to follow?
3. About what are the riddles Mr. Vane hears?
4. Where does the bird lead Vane?
5. Where does Vane move while watching the battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vane do that is an "awful duty"?
2. Of what do the Little Ones warn Vane?
3. What does Lona tell Vane about Little Ones and what is his response?
4. Briefly describe the legend that Mr. Vane learns from his butler.
5. What happens when Vane catches up to the woman?
6. What does Raven say about prayers to Vane?
7. Why does Vane go to Bulika?
8. Describe Vane's encounter with a frightened woman in Bulika.
9. What does Raven give Vane to follow and what happens to the guide?
10. Who is the "Fugitive Mother" and what is her connection to Vane?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)