|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Vane now find joy?
(d) His dogs.
2. What does Vane beg of the woman?
(a) To leave him alone.
(b) To help her find her son.
(c) To help her find her husband.
(d) To be her slave.
3. What irritates Vane?
(a) Being told he is unenlightened.
(b) Being told riddles.
(c) Being forced to wait to wake up.
(d) Having Raven telling him what to do.
4. Who is running parallel to Van at the opening to chapter 21?
(a) Two white bears.
(b) Two white wolves.
(c) A group of gnomes.
(d) A woman in white clutching a child.
5. What does Vane come upon as he walks under the moon?
(a) A field of daffodils.
(b) A fresh corpse.
(c) A ring resembling Stonehenge.
(d) A herd of unicorns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Princess of Bulika kill every baby of which she hears?
2. What does Vane find on his cheek and neck after he wakes?
3. Who is Lona?
4. What does Vane learn from Lona?
5. Where is Vane's grandfather?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vane decide to go on his own to Raven's world and what sort of reception does he get from Raven?
2. Why do the Little Ones weep and why does Vane worry about his interaction with them?
3. What does Raven say about prayers to Vane?
4. What comforts Vane about his father and what does Vane postulate about his father's death?
5. How does the woman act when she first stands alive?
6. To where does Mr. Vane follow the figure who appears and disappears?
7. What does Mr. Vane ask of the raven and how does the raven respond?
8. Who is the "Fugitive Mother" and what is her connection to Vane?
9. How does Raven explain the sleepers?
10. How does Vane meet Cat-Woman and how does he feel about her?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)