|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Vane from communing with the beasts?
(c) He cannot find them.
(d) Loyalty to the corpse.
2. What does Vane want to become?
(a) An angel.
(b) A unicorn.
(d) The good giant that the Little Ones need.
3. What does Vane do that makes it difficult for him to find love?
(a) He misjudges people.
(b) He judges people.
(c) He love not himself.
(d) He constantly flees.
4. Who is Mr. Vane?
(a) A lawyer who manages his parents' estate.
(b) An orphan and recent Oxford graduate.
(c) A lawyer for his father's large corporation.
(d) A recent graduate from Harvard.
5. About what are the riddles Mr. Vane hears?
(a) Exit doors.
(b) Opening and closing.
(c) Birds in flight.
(d) Fire and ice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vane beg of the woman?
2. What does Mr. Vane notice?
3. What legend does Vane learn from his butler?
4. How is Vane treated in Bulika?
5. What does Raven unearth for Vane to follow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the skeleton couple Vane meets.
2. Why does Vane follow the woman?
3. What happens after Vane eats a tiny apple?
4. How does Raven explain the sleepers?
5. Why do the Little Ones weep and why does Vane worry about his interaction with them?
6. Describe the battle Vane witness when he wakes after falling asleep in the forest.
7. What happens when Vane catches up to the woman?
8. Who is the "Fugitive Mother" and what is her connection to Vane?
9. What comforts Vane about his father and what does Vane postulate about his father's death?
10. What does Raven say about prayers to Vane?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)