|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the prayers rise from the church?
(a) On the arms of a kite.
(b) From the wind of the eternal breath.
(c) On the heat of a fire.
(d) In the form of pigeons.
2. What is in the chamber in the garret?
(a) A sword.
(b) A tree.
(c) An old mirror.
(d) A torch that never goes out.
3. What does the forest resemble that Vane comes upon after going through a desert?
(a) A group of angels.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A ship.
(d) A church.
4. Where does Vane bathe the corpse?
(a) The hot currents of the river.
(b) A pond lit by the moonlight.
(c) A claw-foot bathtub.
(d) A small, cold stream.
5. Whose papers does Vane find?
(a) His mother's.
(c) His father's.
(d) A great uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the white animal walking behind?
2. Why does the Princess of Bulika kill every baby of which she hears?
3. Who is Lona?
4. What kind of flower does Raven show Vane?
5. What is the man in the mirror doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Vane told when he seems to wake up and goes outside to find the desert alive with streams and ponds?
2. What happens to the white cat that interrupts Raven's reading?
3. Describe Vane's trek to buy Lililth's hand.
4. What does Vane's father describe in some papers Vane finds?
5. What is Vane contemplating about creation?
6. When Vane sees the Princess, what does she tell him when she first sees him and what does he think?
7. Why does Vane say he is unworthy to sleep in the chamber and what does he have to first do before sleeping?
8. What does Raven give Vane to follow and what happens to the guide?
9. What happens when Vane catches up to the woman?
10. What does Raven tell Vane back at Vane's house?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)