|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Vane now find joy?
(c) His dogs.
2. What is the name of Mr. Vane's household ghost?
(a) Mr. Crow.
(b) Mrs. Chickadee.
(c) Mrs. Bluebird.
(d) Mr. Raven.
3. Why are the sick and deformed taxed?
(a) Because they are unsightly.
(b) Because they are the only ones who work.
(c) As punishment for their obvious sins.
(d) To serve the wealthy.
4. What does Raven speak of as he starts the chamber turning?
(a) The end of the return.
(b) Esoteric ideas.
(c) How Vane's father gained enlightenment.
(d) The way of the wheel.
5. What does his guide become after Vane holds it?
(a) A kite.
(b) A lantern.
(c) A book.
(d) A tablet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raven say is with Vane?
2. What is the white animal walking behind?
3. What does Vane do when the Ravens leave?
4. To whose care do the Little Ones commend Vane?
5. How will Vane learn to recognize the flower?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bulika.
2. Why does Vane go to Bulika?
3. Of what do the Little Ones warn Vane?
4. Describe what happens at the Sexton's Cottage before they go through the inner door.
5. Describe Vane's encounter with a frightened woman in Bulika.
6. What does Vane do at Cat-Woman's house?
7. What does Raven call the place where Mr. Vane is and what odd things are there?
8. What does Mr. Vane think may have happened to him and what does he do because of that?
9. Describe the battle Vane witness when he wakes after falling asleep in the forest.
10. Who is the "Fugitive Mother" and what is her connection to Vane?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)