|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vane want to become?
(b) An angel.
(c) A unicorn.
(d) The good giant that the Little Ones need.
2. What does Vane learn from Lona?
(a) The Little Ones' formative mythology.
(b) The directions to the lady of the forest.
(c) The directions to the white castle.
(d) How to crack a jubinut.
3. How long have the Little Ones existed?
(a) Since the end of the third age.
(b) Since the fall of human beings.
(c) Since time begins.
(d) Since the beginning of the first age.
4. What does Vane come upon as he walks under the moon?
(a) A herd of unicorns.
(b) A field of daffodils.
(c) A fresh corpse.
(d) A ring resembling Stonehenge.
5. What does Vane beg of the woman?
(a) To be her slave.
(b) To leave him alone.
(c) To help her find her son.
(d) To help her find her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose care do the Little Ones commend Vane?
2. Where is Vane taken?
3. What kind of flower does Raven show Vane?
4. What is the rosebush?
5. What does the forest resemble that Vane comes upon after going through a desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Vane eats a tiny apple?
2. What does Lona tell Vane about Little Ones and what is his response?
3. What does Raven say about prayers to Vane?
4. How does the woman act when she first stands alive?
5. To where does Mr. Vane follow the figure who appears and disappears?
6. What is Vane contemplating about creation?
7. Describe the battle Vane witness when he wakes after falling asleep in the forest.
8. What does Raven say every human being has within?
9. Describe the garret and mirror.
10. What does Raven call the place where Mr. Vane is and what odd things are there?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)