|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vane examine along the river bed?
(a) Shrubs and trees.
(b) Water lilies.
(d) Water nymphs.
2. What does the forest resemble that Vane comes upon after going through a desert?
(a) A ship.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A group of angels.
(d) A church.
3. What is in the chamber in the garret?
(a) An old mirror.
(b) A tree.
(c) A torch that never goes out.
(d) A sword.
4. What does Vane see roaming the streets?
(a) The Little Ones.
(c) Skeleton children.
(d) Evil creatures.
5. What is Mr. Vane just beginning to become?
(a) A master.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A sailor.
(d) An individual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vane resolve to do?
2. What does the warm wind do?
3. What does Raven unearth for Vane to follow?
4. What does Vane wonder why he is not being treated as?
5. What legend does Vane learn from his butler?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Vane think may have happened to him and what does he do because of that?
2. What happens after Vane eats a tiny apple?
3. Briefly describe the legend that Mr. Vane learns from his butler.
4. Describe the battle Vane witness when he wakes after falling asleep in the forest.
5. Why do the Little Ones weep and why does Vane worry about his interaction with them?
6. What does Mr. Vane ask of the raven and how does the raven respond?
7. How are the sleepers described?
8. What comforts Vane about his father and what does Vane postulate about his father's death?
9. Why does Vane go to Bulika?
10. Why does the Princess of Bulika kill babies?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)