|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vane understand about Raven?
(a) He is Adam.
(b) He is Christ.
(c) He is Everyman.
(d) He is Lot.
2. What does Vane notice on the Princess's left hand?
(a) A suspicious glove.
(b) A large sapphire ring.
(c) One finger missing.
(d) A large diamond ring.
3. Where does the Princess wait?
(a) In the palace entrance.
(b) In the black hall.
(c) In the throne room.
(d) In her sitting room.
4. What have the Little Ones learned to do?
(a) To swim like fish.
(b) To nest like the birds.
(c) To fly like the birds.
(d) To gallop like horses.
5. What must Vane do in the desert?
(a) Bury Lilith's hand.
(b) Fast for 40 days.
(c) Drink of the only well in the desert.
6. What keeps expanding?
(a) The garden.
(b) The room with the couches.
(c) The universe.
(d) His consciousness.
7. With what are the Little Ones plagued?
(a) Biting insects.
(c) Extreme heat.
(d) Extreme cold.
8. Who interrupts Raven's reading?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) A huge, white cat.
(c) A fairy.
(d) Mrs. Raven.
9. What sweeps aside life-in-death?
10. How does Lilith attach Vane?
(a) By turning into a lion.
(b) With her teeth.
(c) By turning into a cat.
(d) By kicking him.
11. What happens to the hole Vane digs?
(a) It turns to quicksand.
(b) It will not fill in.
(c) A tree grows out of it.
(d) It disappears.
12. What does the monsters' hollow hold?
(d) Placid water.
13. What does the white leopard do?
(a) Kills the General of the Army.
(b) Helps rescue a boy.
(c) Licks Vane's face.
(d) Growls at the General of the Army.
14. What swirls above the mountain where the company is heading?
(a) The hosts of earth.
(c) The hosts of heaven.
15. What does Raven say is Vane's most foolish act?
(a) Trying to save someone when he himself is not saved.
(b) Trying to become a Little One.
(c) Running from the dead.
(d) Acting as if he knows where he is going.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does a pack of cats save Vane?
2. When has Lona left her couch?
3. Who does Mara become?
4. What would have happened had Vane given the Little Ones a little water?
5. Whose brain has Vane been inside?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)