|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lilith attach Vane?
(a) By turning into a lion.
(b) By kicking him.
(c) By turning into a cat.
(d) With her teeth.
2. Of what does the rising sun remind Vane?
(a) His old life.
(b) The way to Paradise.
(c) God's care for his children.
3. From what does a pack of cats save Vane?
(b) The skeleton couple.
(c) The Princess.
(d) The spotted leopard.
4. What does the monsters' hollow hold?
(b) Placid water.
5. How is the man described?
(a) As a doubter.
(b) As a demon.
(c) As a believing man.
(d) As a saint.
6. What sweeps aside life-in-death?
7. Whose brain has Vane been inside?
(a) The Princess.
(b) The white leopard.
8. What does Vane wonder?
(a) If he will ever return to the other place.
(b) If he is still in the Chamber of Death.
(d) If he will meet Lona in his world.
9. Who does Mara become?
(a) An angel of resurrection.
(b) The angel of death.
(d) Mary Magdalene.
10. What does Raven summon as the moon rises?
(a) A mule.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A horse.
(d) A donkey.
11. What does the Old Man who Vane meets claim?
(a) That he has been turned away from the Chamber of Death.
(b) That Mara will turn Vane into stone.
(c) That Vane is his great-great nephew.
(d) That Vane was wrong to dig in the desert.
12. What does the Princess ask Vane to do?
(a) Go to sleep.
(b) Leave immediately.
(c) Kill himself for her.
(d) Climb a tree.
13. What does Vane wish?
(a) That he had killed the Princess before she kills Lona.
(b) That he had not shown the Little Ones his home through the mirror.
(c) That he had not ridden the white horse.
(d) That he had obeyed Raven/Adam.
14. Why does Vane think the Little Ones are in danger?
(a) Because of Vane.
(b) Because they are complaining of thirst.
(c) Because he can no longer hear their singing.
(d) Because they have all grown a couple inches.
15. What does Vane notice on the Princess's left hand?
(a) A large sapphire ring.
(b) A large diamond ring.
(c) One finger missing.
(d) A suspicious glove.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Life become?
2. Where does Vane first seem to sleep and then awaken?
3. What comes to Vane in the daylight?
4. Why does Vane not know his mother at first?
5. What does Raven call the interrupter?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)