|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has adapted to life in the trees?
(a) The leopards.
(b) The cats.
(c) The wolves.
(d) The Little Ones.
2. Why does Vane welcome the cold?
(a) The couches are heated.
(b) It helps him grow less conscious of himself.
(c) He accepts it as just punishment.
(d) The room is so hot.
3. What does the Old Man who Vane meets claim?
(a) That Vane was wrong to dig in the desert.
(b) That Vane is his great-great nephew.
(c) That he has been turned away from the Chamber of Death.
(d) That Mara will turn Vane into stone.
4. What does the Princess do?
(a) Dashes Lona to the marble floor.
(c) Stabs Vane.
(d) Stabs Lona.
5. Why does Vane not know his mother at first?
(a) She is getting younger.
(b) She is an infant.
(c) She is in a different incarnation.
(d) She has a sheet over her face.
6. What does Raven say is Vane's most foolish act?
(a) Acting as if he knows where he is going.
(b) Running from the dead.
(c) Trying to save someone when he himself is not saved.
(d) Trying to become a Little One.
7. What enters Lilith's heart?
(a) A flame.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A worm-like thing.
(d) A beam of light.
8. Who does Whitey drive off?
9. What does Odu beg of Mara?
(a) Not to make Lilith bleed.
(b) Not to save Lilith's life.
(c) To set the Little Ones free.
(d) To resurrect Lona.
10. Why does Vane exist?
(a) Because a Will dwells inside his will.
(b) Because he is who he is.
(c) Because he is not dead.
(d) Because he is not asleep.
11. What would have happened had Vane given the Little Ones a little water?
(a) They would have put the Giants in their place.
(b) They would have drowned.
(c) They would kill Vane.
(d) They would be thirsty for eternity.
12. What happens to the hole Vane digs?
(a) It disappears.
(b) It turns to quicksand.
(c) It will not fill in.
(d) A tree grows out of it.
13. When has Lona left her couch?
(a) When she thirsts.
(b) When Lilith pushes her away.
(c) In a dream.
(d) When Mara comes to get her.
14. Whose brain has Vane been inside?
(a) The Princess.
(d) The white leopard.
15. What keeps expanding?
(a) The universe.
(b) His consciousness.
(c) The garden.
(d) The room with the couches.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the two worlds described in the book?
2. How does Lilith attach Vane?
3. Why doesn't the Princess notice the Shadow?
4. What does the interrupter become after abandoning Raven?
5. Who does God send to replace Lilith?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)