|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raven say is Vane's most foolish act?
(a) Acting as if he knows where he is going.
(b) Running from the dead.
(c) Trying to become a Little One.
(d) Trying to save someone when he himself is not saved.
2. How are the two worlds described in the book?
(a) The same.
(b) They are not described.
(c) Strangely one yet wide apart.
(d) Two distinct worlds occupying the same space.
3. What has the desert become?
(a) An ocean.
(b) A mountain.
(c) Infinitesimally small.
(d) Grassy plains and forests.
4. What does Vane wonder?
(a) If he is still in the Chamber of Death.
(b) If he will meet Lona in his world.
(c) If he will ever return to the other place.
5. For what does the woman of Bulika push?
(a) An attack on the city.
(b) The Little Ones being adopted by couples in the city.
(c) Having her baby kept by the Little Ones.
(d) Making peace with the city.
6. What does the Princess ask Vane to do?
(a) Kill himself for her.
(b) Leave immediately.
(c) Go to sleep.
(d) Climb a tree.
7. From what book does Raven read?
(a) The Book of Job.
(b) The Book of Life.
(c) The Kirsti.
(d) The mutilated book.
8. What does Vane wish?
(a) That he had obeyed Raven/Adam.
(b) That he had killed the Princess before she kills Lona.
(c) That he had not shown the Little Ones his home through the mirror.
(d) That he had not ridden the white horse.
9. What does Mara invite Lilith to do?
(a) Become a leopard permanently.
(b) Turn away from wickedness.
(c) Return to Adam.
(d) Kiss her dead daughter.
10. Who interrupts Raven's reading?
(a) Mrs. Raven.
(b) A fairy.
(c) A unicorn.
(d) A huge, white cat.
11. What does Life become?
(a) A way to see.
(b) A way to be.
(c) A new dimension.
(d) A cosmic holiday.
12. What does Raven call the interrupter?
13. Who approaches Vane near the river bed?
(a) Some people who want Lilith's hand.
(b) A man who is to help Vane die.
(c) A guide to show him the desert well.
(d) A being of light.
14. Who does Mara become?
(a) The angel of death.
(c) An angel of resurrection.
(d) Mary Magdalene.
15. With whom do the Little Ones ally to get rid of the giants?
(b) The skeletons.
(c) The fairies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the monsters' hollow hold?
2. Of what does the rising sun remind Vane?
3. What enters Lilith's heart?
4. What swirls above the mountain where the company is heading?
5. Who is sobbing over Lona's body?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)