|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man who Vane meets claim?
(a) That Vane is his great-great nephew.
(b) That he has been turned away from the Chamber of Death.
(c) That Vane was wrong to dig in the desert.
(d) That Mara will turn Vane into stone.
2. Who has roared for Vane?
(b) The white lion.
(c) The white leopard.
(d) The tiger.
3. Whose brain has Vane been inside?
(b) The Princess.
(c) The white leopard.
4. What happens to the hole Vane digs?
(a) It turns to quicksand.
(b) It disappears.
(c) A tree grows out of it.
(d) It will not fill in.
5. Who does Mara become?
(a) The angel of death.
(b) An angel of resurrection.
(d) Mary Magdalene.
6. Why doesn't the Princess notice the Shadow?
(a) She is too preoccupied.
(b) She notices it but pays it no mind.
(c) It is too dark in the place where she waits.
(d) There are no shadows.
7. Where does Vane carry Lona's body?
(a) To an underground cave.
(b) To Lilith's prison.
(c) To his library through the mirror.
(d) To her father.
8. What does Raven call the interrupter?
9. Where does Vane first seem to sleep and then awaken?
(a) In the Chamber of Death.
(b) In the palace in Bulika.
(c) At his own home.
(d) In the desert.
10. What does Vane contemplate?
(a) His wife, Lona.
(b) His parents' bliss.
(c) His new home.
(d) His new-found oneness with all creation.
11. How does the Army enter the city?
(a) With weapons firing.
(d) Secretly by twos and threes.
12. Into what does the spotted leopard turn?
(a) A Little One.
(b) A skeleton.
(c) The Princess.
(d) A demon.
13. What does Mara invite Lilith to do?
(a) Become a leopard permanently.
(b) Return to Adam.
(c) Kiss her dead daughter.
(d) Turn away from wickedness.
14. About what is the song Eve sings?
(a) About leaving home.
(b) About love.
(c) About grace.
(d) About coming home.
15. When has Lona left her couch?
(a) When Mara comes to get her.
(b) In a dream.
(c) When Lilith pushes her away.
(d) When she thirsts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vane think Lona is?
2. What happens when Odu looks upon Mara's face?
3. What does Lilith ask of Mara?
4. How does Lilith attach Vane?
5. Where does the Princess wait?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)