|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vane wish?
(a) That he had obeyed Raven/Adam.
(b) That he had not ridden the white horse.
(c) That he had killed the Princess before she kills Lona.
(d) That he had not shown the Little Ones his home through the mirror.
2. Where does the Princess wait?
(a) In the throne room.
(b) In the palace entrance.
(c) In her sitting room.
(d) In the black hall.
3. What have the Little Ones learned to do?
(a) To gallop like horses.
(b) To swim like fish.
(c) To nest like the birds.
(d) To fly like the birds.
4. Who tramples the Giants?
5. Where does Vane carry Lona's body?
(a) To Lilith's prison.
(b) To her father.
(c) To his library through the mirror.
(d) To an underground cave.
6. Why does Vane welcome the cold?
(a) He accepts it as just punishment.
(b) The room is so hot.
(c) The couches are heated.
(d) It helps him grow less conscious of himself.
7. When has Lona left her couch?
(a) In a dream.
(b) When Lilith pushes her away.
(c) When she thirsts.
(d) When Mara comes to get her.
8. What happens when Odu looks upon Mara's face?
(a) He dies.
(b) He is filled with bliss.
(c) He faints.
(d) He cries uncontrollably.
9. Into what does the spotted leopard turn?
(a) A demon.
(b) A Little One.
(c) The Princess.
(d) A skeleton.
10. What pushes Vane through a little door?
(c) A warm hand.
11. Why does Vane exist?
(a) Because he is not asleep.
(b) Because he is who he is.
(c) Because a Will dwells inside his will.
(d) Because he is not dead.
12. What does Lilith say she has the right to do?
(a) Refuse redemption.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Ascend to heaven.
(d) Kill her daughter.
13. What does Raven say is Vane's most foolish act?
(a) Acting as if he knows where he is going.
(b) Running from the dead.
(c) Trying to save someone when he himself is not saved.
(d) Trying to become a Little One.
14. Who interrupts Raven's reading?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) A huge, white cat.
(c) A fairy.
(d) Mrs. Raven.
15. What does Raven call the interrupter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the man described?
2. What must Vane do in the desert?
3. Who does Vane think will ascend the throne?
4. What does the monsters' hollow hold?
5. Who approaches Vane near the river bed?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)