|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raven say is Vane's most foolish act?
(a) Running from the dead.
(b) Trying to become a Little One.
(c) Acting as if he knows where he is going.
(d) Trying to save someone when he himself is not saved.
2. What happens to the hole Vane digs?
(a) It disappears.
(b) A tree grows out of it.
(c) It will not fill in.
(d) It turns to quicksand.
3. Who approaches Vane near the river bed?
(a) A being of light.
(b) Some people who want Lilith's hand.
(c) A guide to show him the desert well.
(d) A man who is to help Vane die.
4. Where does Vane carry Lona's body?
(a) To Lilith's prison.
(b) To her father.
(c) To an underground cave.
(d) To his library through the mirror.
5. What does Raven agree with Vane as far as the Little Ones are concerned?
(a) They know their names.
(b) They do not need Vane.
(c) They only pretend goodness.
(d) They are way ahead of Vane.
6. What pushes Vane through a little door?
(a) A warm hand.
7. What does the interrupter become after abandoning Raven?
(a) The Queen of Hell.
(b) The Princess of choices.
(c) The Queen of Heaven.
(d) The Princess of the Animal kingdom.
8. What does the monsters' hollow hold?
(a) Placid water.
9. What does Life become?
(a) A way to see.
(b) A new dimension.
(c) A cosmic holiday.
(d) A way to be.
10. With whom do the Little Ones ally to get rid of the giants?
(a) The skeletons.
(d) The fairies.
11. What does Mara invite Lilith to do?
(a) Become a leopard permanently.
(b) Kiss her dead daughter.
(c) Turn away from wickedness.
(d) Return to Adam.
12. For what does the woman of Bulika push?
(a) Having her baby kept by the Little Ones.
(b) An attack on the city.
(c) Making peace with the city.
(d) The Little Ones being adopted by couples in the city.
13. Who does Mara become?
(a) The angel of death.
(b) Mary Magdalene.
(c) An angel of resurrection.
14. How is the man described?
(a) As a saint.
(b) As a demon.
(c) As a believing man.
(d) As a doubter.
15. What sweeps aside life-in-death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Vane do in the desert?
2. What does Vane understand about Raven?
3. Who interrupts Raven's reading?
4. Why does Vane not know his mother at first?
5. What does Vane contemplate?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)