|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does God send to replace Lilith?
(a) The woman without a name.
(c) No one.
2. What swirls above the mountain where the company is heading?
(b) The hosts of heaven.
(c) The hosts of earth.
3. Who is sobbing over Lona's body?
4. What would have happened had Vane given the Little Ones a little water?
(a) They would kill Vane.
(b) They would be thirsty for eternity.
(c) They would have put the Giants in their place.
(d) They would have drowned.
5. What does Raven agree with Vane as far as the Little Ones are concerned?
(a) They only pretend goodness.
(b) They are way ahead of Vane.
(c) They do not need Vane.
(d) They know their names.
6. Where does Vane first seem to sleep and then awaken?
(a) In the desert.
(b) In the Chamber of Death.
(c) At his own home.
(d) In the palace in Bulika.
7. Why does Vane think the Little Ones are in danger?
(a) Because they are complaining of thirst.
(b) Because he can no longer hear their singing.
(c) Because they have all grown a couple inches.
(d) Because of Vane.
8. When has Lona left her couch?
(a) When she thirsts.
(b) In a dream.
(c) When Mara comes to get her.
(d) When Lilith pushes her away.
9. What does Raven say is Vane's most foolish act?
(a) Trying to save someone when he himself is not saved.
(b) Acting as if he knows where he is going.
(c) Trying to become a Little One.
(d) Running from the dead.
10. What must Vane do in the desert?
(b) Bury Lilith's hand.
(c) Drink of the only well in the desert.
(d) Fast for 40 days.
11. What does Mara invite Lilith to do?
(a) Turn away from wickedness.
(b) Return to Adam.
(c) Become a leopard permanently.
(d) Kiss her dead daughter.
12. With what are the Little Ones plagued?
(a) Extreme cold.
(b) Extreme heat.
(c) Biting insects.
13. About what is the song Eve sings?
(a) About grace.
(b) About coming home.
(c) About love.
(d) About leaving home.
14. Who does Mara become?
(b) Mary Magdalene.
(c) An angel of resurrection.
(d) The angel of death.
15. How are the two worlds described in the book?
(a) Two distinct worlds occupying the same space.
(b) The same.
(c) Strangely one yet wide apart.
(d) They are not described.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Odu looks upon Mara's face?
2. What does Raven call the interrupter?
3. What does Vane fear as he bathes and eats at the palace?
4. What does Lilith ask of Mara?
5. What happens to the hole Vane digs?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)