|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raven say is Vane's most foolish act?
(a) Running from the dead.
(b) Trying to become a Little One.
(c) Trying to save someone when he himself is not saved.
(d) Acting as if he knows where he is going.
2. Why does Vane exist?
(a) Because a Will dwells inside his will.
(b) Because he is not dead.
(c) Because he is who he is.
(d) Because he is not asleep.
3. What does Vane wonder?
(b) If he will meet Lona in his world.
(c) If he is still in the Chamber of Death.
(d) If he will ever return to the other place.
4. Why doesn't the Princess notice the Shadow?
(a) It is too dark in the place where she waits.
(b) She notices it but pays it no mind.
(c) There are no shadows.
(d) She is too preoccupied.
5. What does Vane fear as he bathes and eats at the palace?
(a) Drugs or enchantment.
(b) He won't be allowed to leave.
(c) He will be thrown in the dungeon.
(d) He will comitt a faux paus in front of the princess.
6. Who approaches Vane near the river bed?
(a) Some people who want Lilith's hand.
(b) A being of light.
(c) A guide to show him the desert well.
(d) A man who is to help Vane die.
7. What does Vane advice the Old Man to do?
(a) To contact Vane's father.
(b) To go to the cottage, eat and drink, and wait for the advice of the wise Lady of Sorrow.
(c) To lie on one of the couches.
(d) To return to the desert.
8. What does Odu beg of Mara?
(a) Not to save Lilith's life.
(b) To resurrect Lona.
(c) Not to make Lilith bleed.
(d) To set the Little Ones free.
9. With what are the Little Ones plagued?
(a) Biting insects.
(b) Extreme heat.
(d) Extreme cold.
10. What does Vane wish?
(a) That he had not shown the Little Ones his home through the mirror.
(b) That he had obeyed Raven/Adam.
(c) That he had not ridden the white horse.
(d) That he had killed the Princess before she kills Lona.
11. What have the Little Ones learned to do?
(a) To gallop like horses.
(b) To swim like fish.
(c) To fly like the birds.
(d) To nest like the birds.
12. Who does Whitey drive off?
13. When has Lona left her couch?
(a) In a dream.
(b) When she thirsts.
(c) When Lilith pushes her away.
(d) When Mara comes to get her.
14. What does Lilith say she has the right to do?
(a) Refuse redemption.
(b) Ascend to heaven.
(c) Kill her daughter.
(d) Kill herself.
15. What does the Old Man who Vane meets claim?
(a) That Vane is his great-great nephew.
(b) That Vane was wrong to dig in the desert.
(c) That Mara will turn Vane into stone.
(d) That he has been turned away from the Chamber of Death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the desert become?
2. Who hugs Vane when he enters the palace?
3. Of what does the rising sun remind Vane?
4. Where does Vane carry Lona's body?
5. What does Raven summon as the moon rises?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)