|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man who Vane meets claim?
(a) That Vane was wrong to dig in the desert.
(b) That he has been turned away from the Chamber of Death.
(c) That Vane is his great-great nephew.
(d) That Mara will turn Vane into stone.
2. Who does Vane think will ascend the throne?
(a) The Princess of the Leopards.
(b) The Spotted Leopard.
(c) The White Cat.
3. What does Mara invite Lilith to do?
(a) Return to Adam.
(b) Kiss her dead daughter.
(c) Become a leopard permanently.
(d) Turn away from wickedness.
4. From what book does Raven read?
(a) The Book of Life.
(b) The Book of Job.
(c) The Kirsti.
(d) The mutilated book.
5. What does the Princess do?
(a) Stabs Lona.
(b) Dashes Lona to the marble floor.
(c) Stabs Vane.
6. What does Eve do when Luva's mother refuses her?
(a) Heals Luva's mother's heart.
(b) Sends Luva to Lilith.
(c) Lifts Luva onto her couch.
(d) Sends Luva to Adam.
7. Where does Vane first seem to sleep and then awaken?
(a) In the palace in Bulika.
(b) In the desert.
(c) In the Chamber of Death.
(d) At his own home.
8. Whose brain has Vane been inside?
(a) The white leopard.
(d) The Princess.
9. What pushes Vane through a little door?
(b) A warm hand.
10. What does the interrupter become after abandoning Raven?
(a) The Queen of Hell.
(b) The Queen of Heaven.
(c) The Princess of the Animal kingdom.
(d) The Princess of choices.
11. Why does Vane exist?
(a) Because a Will dwells inside his will.
(b) Because he is not asleep.
(c) Because he is who he is.
(d) Because he is not dead.
12. Who has adapted to life in the trees?
(a) The wolves.
(b) The Little Ones.
(c) The leopards.
(d) The cats.
13. What sweeps aside life-in-death?
14. How are the two worlds described in the book?
(a) Strangely one yet wide apart.
(b) The same.
(c) Two distinct worlds occupying the same space.
(d) They are not described.
15. What does the monsters' hollow hold?
(a) Placid water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lilith say she has the right to do?
2. Who approaches Vane near the river bed?
3. Where does the Princess wait?
4. What does Raven agree with Vane as far as the Little Ones are concerned?
5. Who does Mara become?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)