|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vane think his father may have followed him to the heather?
(a) To kill Raven.
(b) To ask his son a question.
(c) To see his son one more time.
(d) To apologize.
2. Where are new Little Ones found?
(a) In the streambed.
(b) In a nearby cave.
(c) In the tree branches.
(d) In the woods as newborns.
3. What do the beautiful beasts flee?
(a) The sound of gunfire.
(b) The light of the sun.
(c) The sound of elves singing.
(d) The moon's paralyzing power.
4. What does the woman explain to Vane?
(a) About the city's economics and hatred of foreigners.
(b) How the lions came to live in the city.
(c) Why the Princess is barren.
(d) Why the Princess is blind.
5. How does Mr. Vane feel about the garret in the morning?
(a) He is terrified of it.
(b) He is quite curious about it.
(c) He has no fear of it.
(d) He doesn't remember anything about a garret.
6. What does Vane throw away in disgust?
(a) A slimy water weed.
(b) A rotten melon.
(c) A huge, green apple.
(d) A leech that attached itself to Vane.
7. About what does Vane learn?
8. How long have the Little Ones existed?
(a) Since the beginning of the first age.
(b) Since time begins.
(c) Since the fall of human beings.
(d) Since the end of the third age.
9. What kind of flower does Raven show Vane?
10. What does Vane resolve to do?
(a) Find and confront the Princess.
(b) Kill the lady he brought back to life.
(c) Sleep in his own bed that night.
(d) Kill the leopard.
11. What is Mr. Vane doing at the opening of the book?
(a) Talking with three friends at a coffee shop.
(c) Playing cricket.
(d) Reading in the library.
12. What does Vane think is dangerous?
(a) Sleeping among the Little Ones.
(b) Being a philanthropist.
(c) Eating the apples.
(d) Being unaware.
13. What does Vane wonder why he is not being treated as?
(a) An adult.
(b) A free agent.
(c) A man.
(d) An asset.
14. What keeps Vane from communing with the beasts?
(a) He cannot find them.
(d) Loyalty to the corpse.
15. About what are the riddles Mr. Vane hears?
(a) Birds in flight.
(b) Exit doors.
(c) Opening and closing.
(d) Fire and ice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman treat Vane?
2. What does his guide become after Vane holds it?
3. What library does Cat-Woman tell Vane to visit to learn about the Little Ones?
4. When will Vane know the reasons for what the sleepers do?
5. What happens when the woman panics when she and Vane reach her home?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)