|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vane beg of the woman?
(a) To leave him alone.
(b) To be her slave.
(c) To help her find her son.
(d) To help her find her husband.
2. About what are the riddles Mr. Vane hears?
(a) Birds in flight.
(b) Fire and ice.
(c) Opening and closing.
(d) Exit doors.
3. What does Raven speak of as he starts the chamber turning?
(a) The way of the wheel.
(b) Esoteric ideas.
(c) How Vane's father gained enlightenment.
(d) The end of the return.
4. What does Vane see roaming the streets?
(a) The Little Ones.
(b) Evil creatures.
(d) Skeleton children.
5. How long have the Little Ones existed?
(a) Since the beginning of the first age.
(b) Since the fall of human beings.
(c) Since the end of the third age.
(d) Since time begins.
6. What keeps Vane from communing with the beasts?
(b) Loyalty to the corpse.
(d) He cannot find them.
7. What does Vane see but ignores?
(a) A mossy skeleton.
(b) A black unicorn.
(c) A dead child.
(d) A bleeding white creature.
8. In what state does the woman think she has been?
(a) A coma.
(b) She does not know.
(c) A trance.
(d) A catatonic.
9. What does a stupid man throw at Vane?
(a) A snake.
(b) A dead ermine.
(c) A loaf of bread.
(d) A knife.
10. What did Vane's father demand?
(a) For Raven to not return.
(b) To go through the door.
(c) To leave their home alone.
(d) For his son to receive Raven's blessing.
11. What happens when Vane eats a tiny apple?
(a) He is surrounded by laughing water nymphs.
(b) Raven arrives.
(c) He is surrounded by laughing children.
(d) He is surrounded by laughing fairies.
12. When will Vane know the reasons for what the sleepers do?
(a) When he has achieved enlightenment.
(b) When he has read the book of life.
(c) When his day comes to wake.
(d) When he goes to sleep.
13. To whose cottage do Vane and Raven go?
(a) The clown.
(b) The crow.
(c) The archmage.
(d) The sexton.
14. Where does the bird comment about the weather?
15. What does Vane come upon as he walks under the moon?
(a) A fresh corpse.
(b) A field of daffodils.
(c) A ring resembling Stonehenge.
(d) A herd of unicorns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Vane find when he goes through a mirror?
2. Where does Vane move while watching the battle?
3. What is growing up Vane's chimney?
4. What does Vane see when he creeps back into Bulika that night?
5. What does Vane find on his cheek and neck after he wakes?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)