|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What irritates Vane?
(a) Being told riddles.
(b) Being forced to wait to wake up.
(c) Having Raven telling him what to do.
(d) Being told he is unenlightened.
2. What does Vane encounter after crossing a desert?
(a) A forest of statues.
(b) An ocean.
(c) A forest of strange-looking trees.
(d) A steep hill.
3. What does Raven unearth for Vane to follow?
(a) A robin.
(b) A groundhog.
(c) A centipede.
(d) A firefly.
4. What is one person the papers mention?
(a) Sir Upward.
5. What does Vane resolve to do?
(a) Sleep in his own bed that night.
(b) Kill the leopard.
(c) Kill the lady he brought back to life.
(d) Find and confront the Princess.
6. How do the prayers rise from the church?
(a) From the wind of the eternal breath.
(b) On the heat of a fire.
(c) On the arms of a kite.
(d) In the form of pigeons.
7. What does the woman catch biting Vane?
(a) A snake.
(b) A six-foot leech.
(c) A rat.
(d) A bee.
8. For what does the woman who has come back from death ask?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her clothes and jewels.
(d) Her paints.
9. What does Vane do that makes it difficult for him to find love?
(a) He constantly flees.
(b) He love not himself.
(c) He judges people.
(d) He misjudges people.
10. What does the person in the ravine say about the Little Ones?
(a) They are an illusion.
(b) They do not know death.
(c) They do not know their own names.
(d) They do not know life.
11. What does Vane follow to Bulika?
(a) A white bear.
(b) A young elf.
(c) A blood trail.
(d) Two white leopards.
12. Where does Vane bathe the corpse?
(a) A claw-foot bathtub.
(b) A pond lit by the moonlight.
(c) The hot currents of the river.
(d) A small, cold stream.
13. Why does Vane think he is not in Hell?
(a) Because it is not hot.
(b) Because it is not icy.
(c) Because there are Little Ones.
(d) Because some people seem happy.
14. By what do Vane and the Ravens walk?
(a) A thousand stone statues.
(b) A cross.
(c) An infinity of couches.
(d) Millions of coffins.
15. What is the white animal walking behind?
(a) A genie.
(b) The skeleton couple.
(c) An opaque Shadow.
(d) A elephant dressed in ornate robes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does his guide become after Vane holds it?
2. What is growing up Vane's chimney?
3. What does Vane examine along the river bed?
4. What does the woman explain to Vane?
5. What does Mr. Vane notice?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)