|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the woman when she falls?
(a) She screams out in a strange language.
(b) She breaks her neck.
(c) She disintegrates into snakes and bats.
(d) She chants a curse.
2. What keeps Vane from communing with the beasts?
(b) Loyalty to the corpse.
(d) He cannot find them.
3. What does Vane find on his cheek and neck after he wakes?
4. How is Vane treated in Bulika?
(a) With Indifference.
(d) With great hostility.
5. What does Vane want the woman to know?
(a) That she is reborn as a being of light.
(b) That God decreed that she be naked.
(c) That he has cared for her with reverence.
(d) That she can leave there when she wants.
6. What name does the Cat-Woman use?
7. Where does the bird lead Vane?
(a) To the garden.
(b) To the library.
(c) To a neighbor's foyer.
(d) To parliament.
8. How long have the Little Ones existed?
(a) Since the end of the third age.
(b) Since the beginning of the first age.
(c) Since time begins.
(d) Since the fall of human beings.
9. What does Raven unearth for Vane to follow?
(a) A firefly.
(b) A robin.
(c) A centipede.
(d) A groundhog.
10. What irritates Vane?
(a) Being told he is unenlightened.
(b) Being told riddles.
(c) Being forced to wait to wake up.
(d) Having Raven telling him what to do.
11. In what does Vane now find joy?
(d) His dogs.
12. Who is running parallel to Van at the opening to chapter 21?
(a) Two white bears.
(b) Two white wolves.
(c) A group of gnomes.
(d) A woman in white clutching a child.
13. How does Vane try to revive the corpse?
(a) With prayer.
(b) By wrapping it in a resurrection plant.
(c) With grape juice.
(d) By singing to it.
14. When will Vane know the reasons for what the sleepers do?
(a) When he has achieved enlightenment.
(b) When he has read the book of life.
(c) When he goes to sleep.
(d) When his day comes to wake.
15. From what does Vane vow to protect a frightened woman?
(a) A spotted leopard.
(b) A black panther.
(c) A lion.
(d) A tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vane wonder why he is not being treated as?
2. Whose papers does Vane find?
3. To whose care do the Little Ones commend Vane?
4. About what are the riddles Mr. Vane hears?
5. Who does Vane see in a ravine?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)