|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Vane shudder?
(a) To think about how everything is so uncertain in the world he is in.
(b) The noises of the panther.
(c) The rattle of a snake.
(d) The noises of the lion.
2. Who is Lona?
(a) A young boy.
(b) An infant.
(c) A giant.
(d) A teenager.
3. What does Vane follow to Bulika?
(a) A blood trail.
(b) A white bear.
(c) A young elf.
(d) Two white leopards.
4. What kind of flower does Raven show Vane?
5. What does the forest resemble that Vane comes upon after going through a desert?
(a) A group of angels.
(b) A church.
(c) A ship.
(d) An elephant.
6. What did Vane's father demand?
(a) To leave their home alone.
(b) For his son to receive Raven's blessing.
(c) To go through the door.
(d) For Raven to not return.
7. Where does Vane move while watching the battle?
(a) Up in a tree.
(b) Out onto the ocean.
(c) A dry stream bed.
(d) On top of a pyramid with steps.
8. What does Vane see but ignores?
(a) A dead child.
(b) A bleeding white creature.
(c) A black unicorn.
(d) A mossy skeleton.
9. What does Vane see roaming the streets?
(a) Evil creatures.
(b) The Little Ones.
(c) Skeleton children.
10. Between what two groups does a furious battle take place?
(a) Skeletons and trolls.
(b) Human beings and trolls.
(c) Human beings and beautiful elves.
(d) Skeletons and phantoms.
11. What does Vane see when he awakens to the sound of animal noises?
(a) A wolf growling at cat-woman.
(b) Nothing; it is pitch black.
(c) Cat-woman petting a panther.
(d) Cat-woman petting a mountain lion.
12. What name does the Cat-Woman use?
13. Where is Vane taken?
(a) To a mountain peak.
(b) To a shining bridge.
(c) To an underground cave.
(d) To a wretched village.
14. Who is running parallel to Van at the opening to chapter 21?
(a) A woman in white clutching a child.
(b) Two white bears.
(c) A group of gnomes.
(d) Two white wolves.
15. What does the couple in the carriage Vane finds do?
(b) They scream at Vane.
(c) Get out a fight like an old married couple.
(d) Try to restrain Vane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What terrifies Vane Sr.?
2. What does Vane find on his cheek and neck after he wakes?
3. What does the woman offer Vane for a safe transit home?
4. Why is Vane being watched?
5. To whose care do the Little Ones commend Vane?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)