|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the couple in the carriage Vane finds do?
(b) They scream at Vane.
(c) Get out a fight like an old married couple.
(d) Try to restrain Vane.
2. What does Vane encounter after crossing a desert?
(a) A forest of strange-looking trees.
(b) A steep hill.
(c) An ocean.
(d) A forest of statues.
3. Where does Raven say the skeletons are?
(a) In a third dimension.
(b) In stasis.
(c) In Purgatory.
(d) In Hell.
4. What kind of eyes does the beautiful woman have?
5. What does the woman catch biting Vane?
(a) A snake.
(b) A rat.
(c) A bee.
(d) A six-foot leech.
6. From what does Vane vow to protect a frightened woman?
(a) A spotted leopard.
(b) A lion.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A black panther.
7. Where does the bird comment about the weather?
8. Between what two groups does a furious battle take place?
(a) Human beings and beautiful elves.
(b) Skeletons and phantoms.
(c) Human beings and trolls.
(d) Skeletons and trolls.
9. To whose care do the Little Ones commend Vane?
(a) The angel.
(b) The moon.
(c) The sun.
10. By what do Vane and the Ravens walk?
(a) Millions of coffins.
(b) A thousand stone statues.
(c) A cross.
(d) An infinity of couches.
11. What does Mr. Vane find when he goes through a mirror?
(a) A Chickadee.
(b) A Crow.
(c) A Raven.
(d) A Bluebird.
12. What does Vane follow to Bulika?
(a) A white bear.
(b) A young elf.
(c) Two white leopards.
(d) A blood trail.
13. What does Vane see but ignores?
(a) A mossy skeleton.
(b) A bleeding white creature.
(c) A black unicorn.
(d) A dead child.
14. Where does the bird lead Vane?
(a) To a neighbor's foyer.
(b) To the library.
(c) To parliament.
(d) To the garden.
15. What does his guide become after Vane holds it?
(a) A kite.
(b) A book.
(c) A tablet.
(d) A lantern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose papers does Vane find?
2. What does Vane throw away in disgust?
3. What irritates Vane?
4. What does Raven do after talking to Vane about the couple and the dancers?
5. What keeps Vane from communing with the beasts?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)