|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the forest resemble that Vane comes upon after going through a desert?
(a) A group of angels.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A ship.
(d) A church.
2. About what are the riddles Mr. Vane hears?
(a) Exit doors.
(b) Opening and closing.
(c) Fire and ice.
(d) Birds in flight.
3. What kind of eyes does the beautiful woman have?
4. What does Raven unearth for Vane to follow?
(a) A robin.
(b) A groundhog.
(c) A centipede.
(d) A firefly.
5. Why does Vane think he is not in Hell?
(a) Because it is not icy.
(b) Because there are Little Ones.
(c) Because it is not hot.
(d) Because some people seem happy.
6. Who is Vane determined to see?
(a) The muse of Bulika.
(b) The woman he brought to life.
(c) The seer of Bulika.
7. What is the name of Mr. Vane's household ghost?
(a) Mrs. Bluebird.
(b) Mrs. Chickadee.
(c) Mr. Crow.
(d) Mr. Raven.
8. What does Vane think is dangerous?
(a) Being unaware.
(b) Being a philanthropist.
(c) Sleeping among the Little Ones.
(d) Eating the apples.
9. In what does Vane now find joy?
(a) His dogs.
10. Where does the bird comment about the weather?
11. What happens to the woman when she falls?
(a) She breaks her neck.
(b) She disintegrates into snakes and bats.
(c) She screams out in a strange language.
(d) She chants a curse.
12. Where does Vane move while watching the battle?
(a) Out onto the ocean.
(b) A dry stream bed.
(c) Up in a tree.
(d) On top of a pyramid with steps.
13. What is Mr. Vane just beginning to become?
(a) An individual.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A master.
14. What does Vane come upon as he walks under the moon?
(a) A ring resembling Stonehenge.
(b) A fresh corpse.
(c) A herd of unicorns.
(d) A field of daffodils.
15. What did Vane's father demand?
(a) To leave their home alone.
(b) For his son to receive Raven's blessing.
(c) For Raven to not return.
(d) To go through the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes a Little One grow or age?
2. What does his guide become after Vane holds it?
3. About what does Vane learn?
4. How do the prayers rise from the church?
5. What terrifies Vane Sr.?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)