|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does the woman who has come back from death ask?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her paints.
(d) Her clothes and jewels.
2. What does Raven speak of as he starts the chamber turning?
(a) Esoteric ideas.
(b) The way of the wheel.
(c) The end of the return.
(d) How Vane's father gained enlightenment.
3. What happens when Vane eats a tiny apple?
(a) He is surrounded by laughing children.
(b) Raven arrives.
(c) He is surrounded by laughing fairies.
(d) He is surrounded by laughing water nymphs.
4. What does Vane examine along the river bed?
(a) Water lilies.
(b) Shrubs and trees.
(c) Water nymphs.
5. What does Vane throw away in disgust?
(a) A huge, green apple.
(b) A slimy water weed.
(c) A leech that attached itself to Vane.
(d) A rotten melon.
6. What kind of eyes does the beautiful woman have?
7. What does the woman explain to Vane?
(a) About the city's economics and hatred of foreigners.
(b) Why the Princess is blind.
(c) How the lions came to live in the city.
(d) Why the Princess is barren.
8. How long have the Little Ones existed?
(a) Since the end of the third age.
(b) Since time begins.
(c) Since the fall of human beings.
(d) Since the beginning of the first age.
9. What makes Vane shudder?
(a) To think about how everything is so uncertain in the world he is in.
(b) The noises of the panther.
(c) The rattle of a snake.
(d) The noises of the lion.
10. About what does Vane learn?
11. What does Vane think is dangerous?
(a) Sleeping among the Little Ones.
(b) Being unaware.
(c) Being a philanthropist.
(d) Eating the apples.
12. To whose care do the Little Ones commend Vane?
(a) The moon.
(b) The angel.
(d) The sun.
13. To whose cottage do Vane and Raven go?
(a) The sexton.
(b) The archmage.
(c) The clown.
(d) The crow.
14. What does the woman catch biting Vane?
(a) A bee.
(b) A six-foot leech.
(c) A rat.
(d) A snake.
15. Who is Mr. Vane?
(a) A lawyer for his father's large corporation.
(b) An orphan and recent Oxford graduate.
(c) A lawyer who manages his parents' estate.
(d) A recent graduate from Harvard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the bird comment about the weather?
2. Where does Vane bathe the corpse?
3. What did Vane's father demand?
4. What legend does Vane learn from his butler?
5. What library does Cat-Woman tell Vane to visit to learn about the Little Ones?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)