|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the woman think Vane has shamed her?
(a) By refusing to touch her.
(b) By touching her.
(c) By telling her she is dead.
(d) By seeing her naked.
2. How does the woman treat Vane?
(a) Like a dog.
(b) Like her servant.
(d) Like a child.
3. What does Vane see when he awakens to the sound of animal noises?
(a) Cat-woman petting a panther.
(b) Nothing; it is pitch black.
(c) A wolf growling at cat-woman.
(d) Cat-woman petting a mountain lion.
4. What happens when Vane eats a tiny apple?
(a) He is surrounded by laughing children.
(b) He is surrounded by laughing fairies.
(c) He is surrounded by laughing water nymphs.
(d) Raven arrives.
5. What does Vane see when he creeps back into Bulika that night?
(a) A white leopard.
(b) A white dog.
(c) A white rabbit.
(d) A white bear.
6. What library does Cat-Woman tell Vane to visit to learn about the Little Ones?
(c) His own.
7. By what do Vane and the Ravens walk?
(a) A thousand stone statues.
(b) Millions of coffins.
(c) An infinity of couches.
(d) A cross.
8. For what does Raven use Vane's house?
(a) Visiting those who are asleep.
(b) As a place of meditation.
(c) As a conduit for visiting another world.
(d) As a connection to All That Is.
9. What does Raven do after talking to Vane about the couple and the dancers?
(a) Turns into a bird and flies away.
(b) Sinks into the earth and disappears.
(c) Talks the couple into embracing.
(d) Dances with the skeletons.
10. Where does the bird lead Vane?
(a) To the library.
(b) To the garden.
(c) To a neighbor's foyer.
(d) To parliament.
11. Who is Vane determined to see?
(a) The muse of Bulika.
(b) The woman he brought to life.
(d) The seer of Bulika.
12. Why are the sick and deformed taxed?
(a) Because they are the only ones who work.
(b) To serve the wealthy.
(c) Because they are unsightly.
(d) As punishment for their obvious sins.
13. What does Vane do when the Ravens leave?
(b) Flees wildly.
(d) Writes a poem.
14. Whose papers does Vane find?
(a) His father's.
(b) A great uncle.
(d) His mother's.
15. What makes a Little One grow or age?
(a) Staying with the moss people.
(b) Eating manna.
(c) Standing in the green forest.
(d) Eating the Giants' apples.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is running parallel to Van at the opening to chapter 21?
2. What is the rosebush?
3. What irritates Vane?
4. In what state does the woman think she has been?
5. What is the name of Mr. Vane's household ghost?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)