|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one person the papers mention?
(d) Sir Upward.
2. What is a characteristic of objects in this place?
(a) They are heavier than the real objects.
(b) They cannot occupy the same place and time.
(c) They can only float.
(d) They can occupy the same place and time.
3. What does Vane's guide first become?
(a) A bear.
(b) A bird-butterfly.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A wolf.
4. What does Vane want the woman to know?
(a) That he has cared for her with reverence.
(b) That God decreed that she be naked.
(c) That she can leave there when she wants.
(d) That she is reborn as a being of light.
5. What is in the chamber in the garret?
(a) A torch that never goes out.
(b) An old mirror.
(c) A sword.
(d) A tree.
6. What does Vane follow to Bulika?
(a) Two white leopards.
(b) A white bear.
(c) A young elf.
(d) A blood trail.
7. What kind of tree is in the ruins of a church?
(a) Weeping Willow.
8. What irritates Vane?
(a) Having Raven telling him what to do.
(b) Being forced to wait to wake up.
(c) Being told he is unenlightened.
(d) Being told riddles.
9. Where does Vane bathe the corpse?
(a) A pond lit by the moonlight.
(b) The hot currents of the river.
(c) A claw-foot bathtub.
(d) A small, cold stream.
10. To whose care do the Little Ones commend Vane?
(a) The sun.
(b) The moon.
(c) The angel.
11. How do the prayers rise from the church?
(a) On the arms of a kite.
(b) From the wind of the eternal breath.
(c) In the form of pigeons.
(d) On the heat of a fire.
12. For what does the woman who has come back from death ask?
(a) Her clothes and jewels.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her paints.
13. How is Vane treated in Bulika?
(a) With Indifference.
(b) With great hostility.
14. What terrifies Vane Sr.?
(a) A crow the size of a human.
(b) His reflection disappearing.
(c) An army of vultures.
(d) A half man/half horse.
15. Why is Vane being watched?
(a) To see if he drinks from the river.
(b) The see if he kills any of the water nymphs.
(c) To see if he takes any of the gems.
(d) To see if he eats the fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have the Little Ones existed?
2. In what does Vane now find joy?
3. Where are new Little Ones found?
4. What does Vane think is dangerous?
5. What does the woman in white injure one of the Princess of Bulika's leopards?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)