|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What irritates Vane?
(a) Being told riddles.
(b) Being told he is unenlightened.
(c) Being forced to wait to wake up.
(d) Having Raven telling him what to do.
2. Who is Lona?
(a) A giant.
(b) A young boy.
(c) A teenager.
(d) An infant.
3. What does Vane resolve to do?
(a) Kill the lady he brought back to life.
(b) Kill the leopard.
(c) Sleep in his own bed that night.
(d) Find and confront the Princess.
4. Who is Astarte?
(a) Cat-woman's messenger mountain lion.
(b) The Queen of the Stars.
(c) Cat-woman's messenger panther.
(d) Cat-woman's messenger dove.
5. How long have the Little Ones existed?
(a) Since the fall of human beings.
(b) Since time begins.
(c) Since the beginning of the first age.
(d) Since the end of the third age.
6. What calms Vane at the cottage?
(a) Poppy juice.
(d) Bread and wine.
7. Where is Vane taken?
(a) To an underground cave.
(b) To a mountain peak.
(c) To a shining bridge.
(d) To a wretched village.
8. What does Vane wonder why he is not being treated as?
(a) A free agent.
(b) A man.
(c) An adult.
(d) An asset.
9. For what does Raven use Vane's house?
(a) As a connection to All That Is.
(b) Visiting those who are asleep.
(c) As a place of meditation.
(d) As a conduit for visiting another world.
10. What does the woman in white injure one of the Princess of Bulika's leopards?
(a) To keep it from killing her cat.
(b) To see if it is real.
(c) To get revenge on the Princess.
(d) To keep it from drinking her baby's blood.
11. What does Vane do when the Ravens leave?
(c) Flees wildly.
(d) Writes a poem.
12. What did Vane's father demand?
(a) To leave their home alone.
(b) To go through the door.
(c) For Raven to not return.
(d) For his son to receive Raven's blessing.
13. What does the couple in the carriage Vane finds do?
(a) They scream at Vane.
(b) Get out a fight like an old married couple.
(c) Try to restrain Vane.
14. What happens when Vane eats a tiny apple?
(a) He is surrounded by laughing children.
(b) Raven arrives.
(c) He is surrounded by laughing fairies.
(d) He is surrounded by laughing water nymphs.
15. What does his guide become after Vane holds it?
(a) A tablet.
(b) A book.
(c) A kite.
(d) A lantern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does the Cat-Woman use?
2. Where does the bird comment about the weather?
3. What legend does Vane learn from his butler?
4. What does Mr. Vane notice?
5. How will Vane learn to recognize the flower?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)