|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a characteristic of objects in this place?
(a) They can only float.
(b) They can occupy the same place and time.
(c) They are heavier than the real objects.
(d) They cannot occupy the same place and time.
2. Who does Raven say is with Vane?
(a) Just Vane's grandfather.
(b) Just Sir Upward.
(c) Vane Sr., Sir Upward and Vane's grandfather.
(d) Just Vane, Sr.
3. What is one person the papers mention?
(c) Sir Upward.
4. To whose cottage do Vane and Raven go?
(a) The sexton.
(b) The crow.
(c) The clown.
(d) The archmage.
5. How is Vane treated in Bulika?
(a) With Indifference.
(b) With great hostility.
6. What makes a Little One grow or age?
(a) Eating manna.
(b) Eating the Giants' apples.
(c) Staying with the moss people.
(d) Standing in the green forest.
7. Between what two groups does a furious battle take place?
(a) Human beings and trolls.
(b) Skeletons and phantoms.
(c) Human beings and beautiful elves.
(d) Skeletons and trolls.
8. What is in the chamber in the garret?
(a) A tree.
(b) An old mirror.
(c) A sword.
(d) A torch that never goes out.
9. How does the woman think Vane has shamed her?
(a) By seeing her naked.
(b) By telling her she is dead.
(c) By touching her.
(d) By refusing to touch her.
10. By what do Vane and the Ravens walk?
(a) A thousand stone statues.
(b) A cross.
(c) Millions of coffins.
(d) An infinity of couches.
11. Where does the bird lead Vane?
(a) To the library.
(b) To the garden.
(c) To a neighbor's foyer.
(d) To parliament.
12. For what does Raven use Vane's house?
(a) As a conduit for visiting another world.
(b) As a connection to All That Is.
(c) Visiting those who are asleep.
(d) As a place of meditation.
13. How does the woman treat Vane?
(a) Like a child.
(b) Like a dog.
(c) Like her servant.
14. Where is Vane taken?
(a) To a mountain peak.
(b) To an underground cave.
(c) To a shining bridge.
(d) To a wretched village.
15. What kind of eyes does the beautiful woman have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Vane just beginning to become?
2. Who is Astarte?
3. What does Vane's guide first become?
4. What does Vane see when he awakens to the sound of animal noises?
5. What does Vane examine along the river bed?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)