|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a characteristic of objects in this place?
(a) They can only float.
(b) They are heavier than the real objects.
(c) They cannot occupy the same place and time.
(d) They can occupy the same place and time.
2. By what do Vane and the Ravens walk?
(a) A cross.
(b) Millions of coffins.
(c) An infinity of couches.
(d) A thousand stone statues.
3. What kind of tree is in the ruins of a church?
(d) Weeping Willow.
4. What kind of flower does Raven show Vane?
5. How is Vane treated in Bulika?
(a) With Indifference.
(c) With great hostility.
6. Where is Vane's grandfather?
(a) In the Evil Wood.
(b) Floating on the ocean of bliss.
(c) In the Evil Steppes.
(d) In the Sanctuary of Light.
7. What does Vane come upon as he walks under the moon?
(a) A ring resembling Stonehenge.
(b) A field of daffodils.
(c) A fresh corpse.
(d) A herd of unicorns.
8. Who is Astarte?
(a) The Queen of the Stars.
(b) Cat-woman's messenger panther.
(c) Cat-woman's messenger dove.
(d) Cat-woman's messenger mountain lion.
9. What does the woman catch biting Vane?
(a) A six-foot leech.
(b) A rat.
(c) A snake.
(d) A bee.
10. What does Vane resolve to do?
(a) Sleep in his own bed that night.
(b) Kill the lady he brought back to life.
(c) Kill the leopard.
(d) Find and confront the Princess.
11. Who does Vane see in a ravine?
(a) A dead Little One.
(b) Giant-girl Queen.
12. What does the woman explain to Vane?
(a) About the city's economics and hatred of foreigners.
(b) Why the Princess is barren.
(c) How the lions came to live in the city.
(d) Why the Princess is blind.
13. What does Raven do after talking to Vane about the couple and the dancers?
(a) Talks the couple into embracing.
(b) Turns into a bird and flies away.
(c) Sinks into the earth and disappears.
(d) Dances with the skeletons.
14. What makes Vane shudder?
(a) The noises of the lion.
(b) The noises of the panther.
(c) The rattle of a snake.
(d) To think about how everything is so uncertain in the world he is in.
15. What name does the Cat-Woman use?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose cottage do Vane and Raven go?
2. How does the woman think Vane has shamed her?
3. What does Vane see roaming the streets?
4. Where does Vane bathe the corpse?
5. What legend does Vane learn from his butler?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)