|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the beautiful beasts flee?
(a) The moon's paralyzing power.
(b) The sound of elves singing.
(c) The sound of gunfire.
(d) The light of the sun.
2. How will Vane learn to recognize the flower?
(a) By smelling its fragrance.
(b) By feeling its softness.
(c) By opening his own eyes.
(d) By drawing its petals.
3. What does Vane resolve to do?
(a) Kill the leopard.
(b) Sleep in his own bed that night.
(c) Find and confront the Princess.
(d) Kill the lady he brought back to life.
4. How is Vane treated in Bulika?
(c) With great hostility.
(d) With Indifference.
5. What does Raven speak of as he starts the chamber turning?
(a) Esoteric ideas.
(b) The end of the return.
(c) How Vane's father gained enlightenment.
(d) The way of the wheel.
6. What terrifies Vane Sr.?
(a) A crow the size of a human.
(b) A half man/half horse.
(c) An army of vultures.
(d) His reflection disappearing.
7. What does Vane examine along the river bed?
(a) Shrubs and trees.
(b) Water nymphs.
(c) Water lilies.
8. To whose care do the Little Ones commend Vane?
(a) The sun.
(c) The angel.
(d) The moon.
9. To whose cottage do Vane and Raven go?
(a) The sexton.
(b) The crow.
(c) The archmage.
(d) The clown.
10. What irritates Vane?
(a) Being told he is unenlightened.
(b) Being forced to wait to wake up.
(c) Having Raven telling him what to do.
(d) Being told riddles.
11. What does his guide become after Vane holds it?
(a) A book.
(b) A kite.
(c) A tablet.
(d) A lantern.
12. What is the white animal walking behind?
(a) A elephant dressed in ornate robes.
(b) A genie.
(c) The skeleton couple.
(d) An opaque Shadow.
13. How does the woman treat Vane?
(a) Like a child.
(c) Like a dog.
(d) Like her servant.
14. Where does the bird comment about the weather?
15. Between what two groups does a furious battle take place?
(a) Human beings and trolls.
(b) Skeletons and trolls.
(c) Skeletons and phantoms.
(d) Human beings and beautiful elves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vane's father demand?
2. What does the couple in the carriage Vane finds do?
3. What does Vane wonder why he is not being treated as?
4. What is Mr. Vane doing at the opening of the book?
5. What does a stupid man throw at Vane?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)