|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Vane learn?
2. What does a stupid man throw at Vane?
(a) A snake.
(b) A dead ermine.
(c) A knife.
(d) A loaf of bread.
3. What does Vane think is dangerous?
(a) Eating the apples.
(b) Being unaware.
(c) Sleeping among the Little Ones.
(d) Being a philanthropist.
4. What is in the chamber in the garret?
(a) An old mirror.
(b) A torch that never goes out.
(c) A sword.
(d) A tree.
5. Who is Lona?
(a) A young boy.
(b) A giant.
(c) A teenager.
(d) An infant.
6. What does Raven unearth for Vane to follow?
(a) A firefly.
(b) A centipede.
(c) A robin.
(d) A groundhog.
7. What does Vane throw away in disgust?
(a) A huge, green apple.
(b) A leech that attached itself to Vane.
(c) A slimy water weed.
(d) A rotten melon.
8. What happens to the woman when she falls?
(a) She breaks her neck.
(b) She chants a curse.
(c) She screams out in a strange language.
(d) She disintegrates into snakes and bats.
9. What legend does Vane learn from his butler?
(a) The Legend of Sir Hanarad.
(b) The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.
(c) The Legend of the Ghost Lawyer.
(d) Of Sir Upward and a librarian.
10. Who does Vane see in a ravine?
(a) A dead Little One.
(d) Giant-girl Queen.
11. What does the woman explain to Vane?
(a) About the city's economics and hatred of foreigners.
(b) Why the Princess is blind.
(c) Why the Princess is barren.
(d) How the lions came to live in the city.
12. What happens to the worms that the Raven tosses in the air?
(a) They fly away.
(b) They land on the ground.
(c) They are eaten by Bluebirds.
(d) They explode.
13. What does Vane wonder why he is not being treated as?
(a) A free agent.
(b) An asset.
(c) A man.
(d) An adult.
14. What does Vane learn from Lona?
(a) The Little Ones' formative mythology.
(b) The directions to the white castle.
(c) How to crack a jubinut.
(d) The directions to the lady of the forest.
15. For what does Raven use Vane's house?
(a) As a place of meditation.
(b) As a conduit for visiting another world.
(c) Visiting those who are asleep.
(d) As a connection to All That Is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Vane being watched?
2. What kind of flower does Raven show Vane?
3. In what state does the woman think she has been?
4. What does Vane examine along the river bed?
5. What does Vane encounter after crossing a desert?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)