|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Vane decide to do after waking?
(a) Sell the house.
(b) Move to Canada.
(c) Burn the house to the ground.
(d) Remodel the house.
2. What does a stupid man throw at Vane?
(a) A dead ermine.
(b) A snake.
(c) A loaf of bread.
(d) A knife.
3. What do the beautiful beasts flee?
(a) The moon's paralyzing power.
(b) The sound of gunfire.
(c) The sound of elves singing.
(d) The light of the sun.
4. What does Vane beg of the woman?
(a) To help her find her husband.
(b) To help her find her son.
(c) To leave him alone.
(d) To be her slave.
5. What does Vane throw away in disgust?
(a) A slimy water weed.
(b) A leech that attached itself to Vane.
(c) A huge, green apple.
(d) A rotten melon.
6. What does Raven say the couple will eventually do?
(a) Love each other into being.
(b) Find a path to heaven.
(c) Reincarnate again as a married couple.
(d) Descend into Hell.
7. By what do Vane and the Ravens walk?
(a) An infinity of couches.
(b) A thousand stone statues.
(c) Millions of coffins.
(d) A cross.
8. What did Vane's father demand?
(a) For Raven to not return.
(b) To go through the door.
(c) To leave their home alone.
(d) For his son to receive Raven's blessing.
9. For what does the woman who has come back from death ask?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her paints.
(d) Her clothes and jewels.
10. What kind of eyes does the beautiful woman have?
11. How is Vane treated in Bulika?
(a) With Indifference.
(d) With great hostility.
12. To whose cottage do Vane and Raven go?
(a) The crow.
(b) The archmage.
(c) The sexton.
(d) The clown.
13. What does the woman explain to Vane?
(a) Why the Princess is blind.
(b) About the city's economics and hatred of foreigners.
(c) Why the Princess is barren.
(d) How the lions came to live in the city.
14. What keeps Vane from communing with the beasts?
(c) He cannot find them.
(d) Loyalty to the corpse.
15. Why does Vane think his father may have followed him to the heather?
(a) To see his son one more time.
(b) To ask his son a question.
(c) To apologize.
(d) To kill Raven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Vane?
2. From what does Vane vow to protect a frightened woman?
3. What does Vane find on his cheek and neck after he wakes?
4. Who is Vane determined to see?
5. Why is Vane being watched?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)