|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vane try to revive the corpse?
(a) With prayer.
(b) By singing to it.
(c) By wrapping it in a resurrection plant.
(d) With grape juice.
2. What does Mr. Vane notice?
(a) A tall figure select a book and vanish.
(b) That it is almost noon when he wakes up.
(c) That both of his friends are insecure.
(d) That the other cricket team has too many players.
3. What does the woman catch biting Vane?
(a) A six-foot leech.
(b) A bee.
(c) A rat.
(d) A snake.
4. Whose papers does Vane find?
(a) His mother's.
(c) A great uncle.
(d) His father's.
5. Who is Mr. Vane?
(a) An orphan and recent Oxford graduate.
(b) A lawyer for his father's large corporation.
(c) A recent graduate from Harvard.
(d) A lawyer who manages his parents' estate.
6. What terrifies Vane Sr.?
(a) His reflection disappearing.
(b) A crow the size of a human.
(c) An army of vultures.
(d) A half man/half horse.
7. What does Vane come upon as he walks under the moon?
(a) A herd of unicorns.
(b) A field of daffodils.
(c) A ring resembling Stonehenge.
(d) A fresh corpse.
8. What does Vane examine along the river bed?
(a) Shrubs and trees.
(b) Water nymphs.
(c) Water lilies.
9. Where does the bird lead Vane?
(a) To the library.
(b) To a neighbor's foyer.
(c) To the garden.
(d) To parliament.
10. Who is running parallel to Van at the opening to chapter 21?
(a) A group of gnomes.
(b) A woman in white clutching a child.
(c) Two white bears.
(d) Two white wolves.
11. What does the forest resemble that Vane comes upon after going through a desert?
(a) A church.
(b) A ship.
(c) A group of angels.
(d) An elephant.
12. What does Vane's guide first become?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A bear.
(c) A bird-butterfly.
(d) A lamb.
13. What does Vane follow to Bulika?
(a) A blood trail.
(b) A white bear.
(c) Two white leopards.
(d) A young elf.
14. By what do Vane and the Ravens walk?
(a) A cross.
(b) An infinity of couches.
(c) Millions of coffins.
(d) A thousand stone statues.
15. Why are the sick and deformed taxed?
(a) As punishment for their obvious sins.
(b) To serve the wealthy.
(c) Because they are unsightly.
(d) Because they are the only ones who work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raven say the couple will eventually do?
2. What does Mr. Vane decide to do after waking?
3. To whose care do the Little Ones commend Vane?
4. What happens to the woman when she falls?
5. What does Vane find on his cheek and neck after he wakes?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)