|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vane throw away in disgust?
(a) A leech that attached itself to Vane.
(b) A huge, green apple.
(c) A slimy water weed.
(d) A rotten melon.
2. Who is Vane determined to see?
(a) The seer of Bulika.
(b) The woman he brought to life.
(d) The muse of Bulika.
3. What does the woman in white injure one of the Princess of Bulika's leopards?
(a) To keep it from killing her cat.
(b) To get revenge on the Princess.
(c) To see if it is real.
(d) To keep it from drinking her baby's blood.
4. What does Raven say the couple will eventually do?
(a) Reincarnate again as a married couple.
(b) Descend into Hell.
(c) Love each other into being.
(d) Find a path to heaven.
5. What does Vane come upon as he walks under the moon?
(a) A herd of unicorns.
(b) A fresh corpse.
(c) A ring resembling Stonehenge.
(d) A field of daffodils.
6. What does Vane want to become?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) An angel.
(d) The good giant that the Little Ones need.
7. What does his guide become after Vane holds it?
(a) A lantern.
(b) A book.
(c) A kite.
(d) A tablet.
8. Who is Lona?
(a) A teenager.
(b) An infant.
(c) A young boy.
(d) A giant.
9. What does Vane see roaming the streets?
(a) Evil creatures.
(c) Skeleton children.
(d) The Little Ones.
10. What is one person the papers mention?
(b) Sir Upward.
11. When will Vane know the reasons for what the sleepers do?
(a) When he goes to sleep.
(b) When his day comes to wake.
(c) When he has achieved enlightenment.
(d) When he has read the book of life.
12. What does Mr. Vane find when he goes through a mirror?
(a) A Raven.
(b) A Crow.
(c) A Chickadee.
(d) A Bluebird.
13. What does Vane find on his cheek and neck after he wakes?
14. Who does Vane see in a ravine?
(b) Giant-girl Queen.
(c) A dead Little One.
15. What kind of flower does Raven show Vane?
Short Answer Questions
1. About what are the riddles Mr. Vane hears?
2. Who is running parallel to Van at the opening to chapter 21?
3. What does the woman offer Vane for a safe transit home?
4. How does the woman think Vane has shamed her?
5. How will Vane learn to recognize the flower?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)