Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does the woman think she has been?
(a) A trance.
(b) She does not know.
(c) A catatonic.
(d) A coma.
2. What happens to the worms that the Raven tosses in the air?
(a) They land on the ground.
(b) They fly away.
(c) They explode.
(d) They are eaten by Bluebirds.
3. Where is Vane's grandfather?
(a) In the Sanctuary of Light.
(b) Floating on the ocean of bliss.
(c) In the Evil Wood.
(d) In the Evil Steppes.
4. What is the man in the mirror doing?
(a) Letting a dove lose.
(b) Walking across the heath.
(c) Killing a dove.
(d) Killing a raven.
5. How will Vane learn to recognize the flower?
(a) By feeling its softness.
(b) By opening his own eyes.
(c) By smelling its fragrance.
(d) By drawing its petals.
6. What does Vane throw away in disgust?
(a) A huge, green apple.
(b) A rotten melon.
(c) A leech that attached itself to Vane.
(d) A slimy water weed.
7. What does Vane's guide first become?
(a) A bear.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A bird-butterfly.
8. What does Vane see when he awakens to the sound of animal noises?
(a) Cat-woman petting a mountain lion.
(b) Cat-woman petting a panther.
(c) Nothing; it is pitch black.
(d) A wolf growling at cat-woman.
9. To whose cottage do Vane and Raven go?
(a) The sexton.
(b) The archmage.
(c) The crow.
(d) The clown.
10. What does Vane see when he creeps back into Bulika that night?
(a) A white rabbit.
(b) A white leopard.
(c) A white dog.
(d) A white bear.
11. What does Vane resolve to do?
(a) Sleep in his own bed that night.
(b) Kill the lady he brought back to life.
(c) Find and confront the Princess.
(d) Kill the leopard.
12. What does Vane do that makes it difficult for him to find love?
(a) He misjudges people.
(b) He love not himself.
(c) He judges people.
(d) He constantly flees.
13. What irritates Vane?
(a) Being told riddles.
(b) Being told he is unenlightened.
(c) Being forced to wait to wake up.
(d) Having Raven telling him what to do.
14. What does Vane encounter after crossing a desert?
(a) A forest of strange-looking trees.
(b) An ocean.
(c) A forest of statues.
(d) A steep hill.
15. How do the prayers rise from the church?
(a) From the wind of the eternal breath.
(b) On the arms of a kite.
(c) In the form of pigeons.
(d) On the heat of a fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Vane taken?
2. Why does Vane think his father may have followed him to the heather?
3. Why are the sick and deformed taxed?
4. What does his guide become after Vane holds it?
5. What does Raven do after talking to Vane about the couple and the dancers?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)