|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Vane being watched?
(a) To see if he eats the fruit.
(b) To see if he drinks from the river.
(c) The see if he kills any of the water nymphs.
(d) To see if he takes any of the gems.
2. How does the woman treat Vane?
(a) Like her servant.
(b) Like a dog.
(d) Like a child.
3. In what state does the woman think she has been?
(a) A trance.
(b) A coma.
(c) A catatonic.
(d) She does not know.
4. What kind of flower does Raven show Vane?
5. What is the man in the mirror doing?
(a) Killing a raven.
(b) Letting a dove lose.
(c) Killing a dove.
(d) Walking across the heath.
6. What does Vane examine along the river bed?
(a) Shrubs and trees.
(b) Water nymphs.
(d) Water lilies.
7. What does the woman offer Vane for a safe transit home?
(d) Directions out of the city.
8. To whose cottage do Vane and Raven go?
(a) The clown.
(b) The archmage.
(c) The sexton.
(d) The crow.
9. What does Vane do when the Ravens leave?
(a) Flees wildly.
(b) Writes a poem.
10. What terrifies Vane Sr.?
(a) A half man/half horse.
(b) His reflection disappearing.
(c) An army of vultures.
(d) A crow the size of a human.
11. What keeps Vane from communing with the beasts?
(b) He cannot find them.
(c) Loyalty to the corpse.
12. What is the white animal walking behind?
(a) A genie.
(b) An opaque Shadow.
(c) A elephant dressed in ornate robes.
(d) The skeleton couple.
13. How is Vane treated in Bulika?
(b) With great hostility.
(d) With Indifference.
14. What happens to the woman when she falls?
(a) She chants a curse.
(b) She screams out in a strange language.
(c) She disintegrates into snakes and bats.
(d) She breaks her neck.
15. Who does Raven say is with Vane?
(a) Just Sir Upward.
(b) Just Vane, Sr.
(c) Vane Sr., Sir Upward and Vane's grandfather.
(d) Just Vane's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vane see in a ravine?
2. What is in the chamber in the garret?
3. What does the warm wind do?
4. What does the woman in white injure one of the Princess of Bulika's leopards?
5. What does Vane beg of the woman?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)