|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vane want the woman to know?
(a) That she can leave there when she wants.
(b) That God decreed that she be naked.
(c) That he has cared for her with reverence.
(d) That she is reborn as a being of light.
2. What does Raven unearth for Vane to follow?
(a) A firefly.
(b) A groundhog.
(c) A robin.
(d) A centipede.
3. What does the woman explain to Vane?
(a) Why the Princess is barren.
(b) How the lions came to live in the city.
(c) About the city's economics and hatred of foreigners.
(d) Why the Princess is blind.
4. Why are the sick and deformed taxed?
(a) As punishment for their obvious sins.
(b) Because they are unsightly.
(c) Because they are the only ones who work.
(d) To serve the wealthy.
5. What is Mr. Vane doing at the opening of the book?
(b) Playing cricket.
(c) Talking with three friends at a coffee shop.
(d) Reading in the library.
6. What happens when Vane eats a tiny apple?
(a) He is surrounded by laughing water nymphs.
(b) He is surrounded by laughing children.
(c) Raven arrives.
(d) He is surrounded by laughing fairies.
7. Why does Vane think he is not in Hell?
(a) Because it is not hot.
(b) Because some people seem happy.
(c) Because it is not icy.
(d) Because there are Little Ones.
8. What is the white animal walking behind?
(a) An opaque Shadow.
(b) A genie.
(c) A elephant dressed in ornate robes.
(d) The skeleton couple.
9. About what does Vane learn?
10. How does the woman think Vane has shamed her?
(a) By touching her.
(b) By refusing to touch her.
(c) By seeing her naked.
(d) By telling her she is dead.
11. What name does the Cat-Woman use?
12. Who is Astarte?
(a) Cat-woman's messenger mountain lion.
(b) Cat-woman's messenger panther.
(c) The Queen of the Stars.
(d) Cat-woman's messenger dove.
13. What does Vane resolve to do?
(a) Kill the lady he brought back to life.
(b) Sleep in his own bed that night.
(c) Find and confront the Princess.
(d) Kill the leopard.
14. What does Vane see when he creeps back into Bulika that night?
(a) A white leopard.
(b) A white dog.
(c) A white rabbit.
(d) A white bear.
15. In what does Vane now find joy?
(c) His dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one person the papers mention?
2. Where is Vane's grandfather?
3. What does Vane follow to Bulika?
4. Where does Vane bathe the corpse?
5. What does Vane beg of the woman?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)