|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the woman treat Vane?
(a) Like a child.
(b) Like her servant.
(d) Like a dog.
2. How long have the Little Ones existed?
(a) Since time begins.
(b) Since the end of the third age.
(c) Since the fall of human beings.
(d) Since the beginning of the first age.
3. What does Vane find on his cheek and neck after he wakes?
4. From what does Vane vow to protect a frightened woman?
(a) A lion.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A spotted leopard.
(d) A black panther.
5. What does Vane do that makes it difficult for him to find love?
(a) He constantly flees.
(b) He judges people.
(c) He love not himself.
(d) He misjudges people.
6. What happens when the woman panics when she and Vane reach her home?
(a) She locks out Vane.
(b) She screams.
(c) She faints.
(d) She calls for the city guard.
7. What does Raven unearth for Vane to follow?
(a) A firefly.
(b) A centipede.
(c) A robin.
(d) A groundhog.
8. What does Raven do after talking to Vane about the couple and the dancers?
(a) Dances with the skeletons.
(b) Sinks into the earth and disappears.
(c) Turns into a bird and flies away.
(d) Talks the couple into embracing.
9. Where does Vane move while watching the battle?
(a) A dry stream bed.
(b) Out onto the ocean.
(c) Up in a tree.
(d) On top of a pyramid with steps.
10. What does Vane's guide first become?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A bear.
(d) A bird-butterfly.
11. What does his guide become after Vane holds it?
(a) A lantern.
(b) A tablet.
(c) A book.
(d) A kite.
12. What irritates Vane?
(a) Being forced to wait to wake up.
(b) Being told he is unenlightened.
(c) Being told riddles.
(d) Having Raven telling him what to do.
13. What do the beautiful beasts flee?
(a) The moon's paralyzing power.
(b) The light of the sun.
(c) The sound of elves singing.
(d) The sound of gunfire.
14. What does Vane throw away in disgust?
(a) A rotten melon.
(b) A slimy water weed.
(c) A leech that attached itself to Vane.
(d) A huge, green apple.
15. Why does Vane think his father may have followed him to the heather?
(a) To apologize.
(b) To kill Raven.
(c) To ask his son a question.
(d) To see his son one more time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman catch biting Vane?
2. What does Mr. Vane notice?
3. What happens when Vane eats a tiny apple?
4. In what state does the woman think she has been?
5. How do the prayers rise from the church?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)