|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vane find on his cheek and neck after he wakes?
2. What calms Vane at the cottage?
(c) Bread and wine.
(d) Poppy juice.
3. From what does Vane vow to protect a frightened woman?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A spotted leopard.
(c) A lion.
(d) A black panther.
4. Who is running parallel to Van at the opening to chapter 21?
(a) Two white bears.
(b) A woman in white clutching a child.
(c) A group of gnomes.
(d) Two white wolves.
5. How will Vane learn to recognize the flower?
(a) By drawing its petals.
(b) By smelling its fragrance.
(c) By opening his own eyes.
(d) By feeling its softness.
6. When will Vane know the reasons for what the sleepers do?
(a) When he goes to sleep.
(b) When he has read the book of life.
(c) When he has achieved enlightenment.
(d) When his day comes to wake.
7. What does the woman catch biting Vane?
(a) A rat.
(b) A snake.
(c) A bee.
(d) A six-foot leech.
8. Who is Astarte?
(a) Cat-woman's messenger dove.
(b) The Queen of the Stars.
(c) Cat-woman's messenger panther.
(d) Cat-woman's messenger mountain lion.
9. Where does Raven say the skeletons are?
(a) In Hell.
(b) In a third dimension.
(c) In Purgatory.
(d) In stasis.
10. What is a characteristic of objects in this place?
(a) They cannot occupy the same place and time.
(b) They are heavier than the real objects.
(c) They can occupy the same place and time.
(d) They can only float.
11. What is growing up Vane's chimney?
(a) A fig bush.
(b) A trumpet vine.
(c) A tree.
(d) A blackberry bush.
12. What legend does Vane learn from his butler?
(a) Of Sir Upward and a librarian.
(b) The Legend of the Ghost Lawyer.
(c) The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.
(d) The Legend of Sir Hanarad.
13. What do the beautiful beasts flee?
(a) The sound of gunfire.
(b) The sound of elves singing.
(c) The light of the sun.
(d) The moon's paralyzing power.
14. What kind of flower does Raven show Vane?
15. What library does Cat-Woman tell Vane to visit to learn about the Little Ones?
(c) His own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vane throw away in disgust?
2. Whose papers does Vane find?
3. In what does Vane now find joy?
4. To whose care do the Little Ones commend Vane?
5. For what does Raven use Vane's house?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)