|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Vane learn?
2. How does Vane try to revive the corpse?
(a) With grape juice.
(b) By wrapping it in a resurrection plant.
(c) With prayer.
(d) By singing to it.
3. Where does Vane bathe the corpse?
(a) The hot currents of the river.
(b) A claw-foot bathtub.
(c) A small, cold stream.
(d) A pond lit by the moonlight.
4. What did Vane's father demand?
(a) To go through the door.
(b) To leave their home alone.
(c) For his son to receive Raven's blessing.
(d) For Raven to not return.
5. What calms Vane at the cottage?
(a) Bread and wine.
(c) Poppy juice.
6. What is in the chamber in the garret?
(a) An old mirror.
(b) A tree.
(c) A sword.
(d) A torch that never goes out.
7. What does Vane see when he creeps back into Bulika that night?
(a) A white dog.
(b) A white rabbit.
(c) A white leopard.
(d) A white bear.
8. Why is Vane being watched?
(a) To see if he eats the fruit.
(b) The see if he kills any of the water nymphs.
(c) To see if he drinks from the river.
(d) To see if he takes any of the gems.
9. What does Raven do after talking to Vane about the couple and the dancers?
(a) Sinks into the earth and disappears.
(b) Talks the couple into embracing.
(c) Turns into a bird and flies away.
(d) Dances with the skeletons.
10. What does Vane want the woman to know?
(a) That he has cared for her with reverence.
(b) That she can leave there when she wants.
(c) That she is reborn as a being of light.
(d) That God decreed that she be naked.
11. What does the woman in white injure one of the Princess of Bulika's leopards?
(a) To get revenge on the Princess.
(b) To see if it is real.
(c) To keep it from killing her cat.
(d) To keep it from drinking her baby's blood.
12. What is the rosebush?
(a) A gardener clipping daffodils.
(b) A knight on a horse.
(c) A lady in distress.
(d) A lady playing a piano.
13. What does Vane want to become?
(b) The good giant that the Little Ones need.
(c) An angel.
(d) A unicorn.
14. What does Vane's guide first become?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A bird-butterfly.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A bear.
15. What does Vane find on his cheek and neck after he wakes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman catch biting Vane?
2. What makes a Little One grow or age?
3. What does Vane throw away in disgust?
4. Where does Raven say the skeletons are?
5. What do the beautiful beasts flee?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)