|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What irritates Vane?
(a) Being told riddles.
(b) Being forced to wait to wake up.
(c) Being told he is unenlightened.
(d) Having Raven telling him what to do.
2. Why does Vane think he is not in Hell?
(a) Because it is not icy.
(b) Because it is not hot.
(c) Because there are Little Ones.
(d) Because some people seem happy.
3. What does the warm wind do?
(a) Puts Vane into a deep sleep.
(b) Sets the forest on fire.
(c) Strips the skeletons of decaying flesh and clothes.
(d) Makes the flowers grow an inch a minute.
4. What keeps Vane from communing with the beasts?
(b) Loyalty to the corpse.
(c) He cannot find them.
5. How is Vane treated in Bulika?
(a) With Indifference.
(d) With great hostility.
6. Whose papers does Vane find?
(b) His father's.
(c) A great uncle.
(d) His mother's.
7. What makes Vane shudder?
(a) To think about how everything is so uncertain in the world he is in.
(b) The noises of the lion.
(c) The noises of the panther.
(d) The rattle of a snake.
8. How do the prayers rise from the church?
(a) On the arms of a kite.
(b) In the form of pigeons.
(c) On the heat of a fire.
(d) From the wind of the eternal breath.
9. Who does Vane see in a ravine?
(a) Giant-girl Queen.
(b) A dead Little One.
10. How long have the Little Ones existed?
(a) Since the fall of human beings.
(b) Since the beginning of the first age.
(c) Since time begins.
(d) Since the end of the third age.
11. Who is Astarte?
(a) Cat-woman's messenger dove.
(b) Cat-woman's messenger mountain lion.
(c) The Queen of the Stars.
(d) Cat-woman's messenger panther.
12. What does Vane do when the Ravens leave?
(a) Writes a poem.
(d) Flees wildly.
13. What is a characteristic of objects in this place?
(a) They can only float.
(b) They are heavier than the real objects.
(c) They cannot occupy the same place and time.
(d) They can occupy the same place and time.
14. Who is Lona?
(a) An infant.
(b) A young boy.
(c) A teenager.
(d) A giant.
15. Where does the bird comment about the weather?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person in the ravine say about the Little Ones?
2. What is Mr. Vane doing at the opening of the book?
3. What happens to the woman when she falls?
4. What makes a Little One grow or age?
5. How does the woman treat Vane?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)