|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will Vane know the reasons for what the sleepers do?
(a) When his day comes to wake.
(b) When he goes to sleep.
(c) When he has read the book of life.
(d) When he has achieved enlightenment.
2. In what does Vane now find joy?
(a) His dogs.
3. What kind of tree is in the ruins of a church?
(c) Weeping Willow.
4. Where does the bird lead Vane?
(a) To the garden.
(b) To parliament.
(c) To the library.
(d) To a neighbor's foyer.
5. What does Vane want the woman to know?
(a) That God decreed that she be naked.
(b) That he has cared for her with reverence.
(c) That she is reborn as a being of light.
(d) That she can leave there when she wants.
6. What does Raven do after talking to Vane about the couple and the dancers?
(a) Talks the couple into embracing.
(b) Sinks into the earth and disappears.
(c) Turns into a bird and flies away.
(d) Dances with the skeletons.
7. What does Vane find on his cheek and neck after he wakes?
8. Where does Vane bathe the corpse?
(a) A claw-foot bathtub.
(b) A small, cold stream.
(c) The hot currents of the river.
(d) A pond lit by the moonlight.
9. What is the name of Mr. Vane's household ghost?
(a) Mr. Raven.
(b) Mr. Crow.
(c) Mrs. Bluebird.
(d) Mrs. Chickadee.
10. From what does Vane vow to protect a frightened woman?
(a) A lion.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A black panther.
(d) A spotted leopard.
11. Where is Vane taken?
(a) To a mountain peak.
(b) To an underground cave.
(c) To a shining bridge.
(d) To a wretched village.
12. What happens when Vane eats a tiny apple?
(a) He is surrounded by laughing water nymphs.
(b) He is surrounded by laughing fairies.
(c) He is surrounded by laughing children.
(d) Raven arrives.
13. How does the woman think Vane has shamed her?
(a) By seeing her naked.
(b) By touching her.
(c) By telling her she is dead.
(d) By refusing to touch her.
14. In what state does the woman think she has been?
(a) A catatonic.
(b) She does not know.
(c) A trance.
(d) A coma.
15. What does his guide become after Vane holds it?
(a) A tablet.
(b) A lantern.
(c) A kite.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have the Little Ones existed?
2. What does Vane throw away in disgust?
3. Where does Raven lead Vane?
4. What calms Vane at the cottage?
5. What kind of flower does Raven show Vane?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)