Essay Topic 1
Chapter 1, "The Library," establishes that young Mr. Vane, an orphan and recent Oxford graduate, has an interest in the metaphysical. Discuss the following:
1. Define the term "metaphysical."
2. Discuss what elements of the metaphysical appear in Lilith, e. g.: What elements of Lilith seem outside the five senses? Give examples. What things that happen cannot be proved by normal scientific methods?
3. What challenges are there in reading a novel that is based in metaphysics?
Essay Topic 2
Obviously, much of Lilith is grounded in Judeo-Christian traditions and writings. Discuss one the following:
1. Discuss five images that arise out of the Torah/Old Testament. What does each image mean in the Torah/Old Testament? How is the meaning of the image similar in Lilith as in the Torah/Old Testament? How is the meaning different?
2. Discuss five images that arise out of the Christian text called The New Testament...
This section contains 2,590 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)