|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 24-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phaedrus finally realize about Rigel's warnings about Lila?
(a) Lila is obsessed with Phaedrus.
(b) Lila is a compulsive liar with a drug addiction.
(c) Lila is a con artist.
(d) Lila is mentally ill.
2. What is uniquely inclusive about the Metaphysics of Quality?
(a) It excludes the theory of evolution on the basis that the scientific principles are incorrect.
(b) It is unable to wrongly predict human behavior.
(c) It includes the subject-object scientific viewpoint.
(d) It excludes morally gray situations.
3. According to Phaedrus's beliefs, what must one to do to be labeled as insane in their society?
(a) They start to behave violently.
(b) They must rally others together to fight a broken system.
(c) They begin to ramble incoherently.
(d) They do not conform to their culture's ideas.
4. What does Phaedrus conclude about working on the Metaphysics of Quality for long periods of time?
(a) It will become less correct.
(b) It will eventually be tainted with his own beliefs.
(c) He will eventually adapt to society's standards due to pressure.
(d) It will become more correct.
5. Where does the hallucination of Lila's dog lead her at the end of Chapter 23?
(a) The bar.
(b) The police station.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lila's state-of-mind at the end of Chapter 18 when she leaves the restaurant?
2. Why did Phaedrus initially buy his boat?
3. In Chapter 11, why does Phaedrus find it impossible to argue with Lila?
4. Phaedrus begins to regret his decision to give the film rights over to the actor when he remembers what his attorney told him: "If you love your book, don't sell it to _________."
5. What weapon is particularly mentioned in Chapter 22 as helping to have changed the world's outlook on war?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)