|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 24-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war ostensibly marked the end of Victorian values?
(a) Vietnam War.
(b) World War II.
(c) Korean War.
(d) World War I.
2. In what state is Lila in Chapter 29 after she and Phaedrus escape having the police called on them?
(b) Manically happy.
3. What is the name of the disgraced genius who Phaedrus discovers shared his ideas on the role of American Indians to the American lifestyle?
(a) Franz Boas.
(b) Verne Dusenberry.
(c) James Holden.
(d) William James Sidis.
4. What is interesting to note about the syntax of the phrase "Metaphysics of Quality"?
(a) It is a contradiction.
(b) It is purposefully redundant in phrasing.
(c) It ties together several different cultures and their values.
(d) It is grammatically perfect.
5. How does the Zuni brujo encompass the idea of "dynamic good"?
(a) He submits to his priests' punishment.
(b) He reaches outside his culture to right a wrong.
(c) He curbs his own ideas for the good of his tribe.
(d) He martyrs himself to his own ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phaedrus listen to on the radio as he sails away from the marina in Chapter 28?
2. According to Phaedrus, what concerns philosophers that average people would consider trivial?
3. For what reasons did Phaedrus believe that the Victorians were directly responsible for the roaring 20s?
4. Why is Jamie suspicious of Lila's offer in Chapter 16?
5. Where did Phaedrus meet Lila?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)