|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 24-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing "Patterns of Culture," how was the outcast Zuni labeled by his people?
(a) A psychopath.
(b) A priest.
(c) A philosopher.
(d) A witch.
2. From whose point-of-view is Chapter 18 told?
3. In the Metaphysics of Quality, with what other value besides biological are objects imbued?
4. What are the different cultural evaluations of Phaedrus that he ponders after his meeting with the actor?
(a) Sexual and intellectual.
(b) Mental and physical.
(c) Celebrity and ground-level.
(d) Spiritual and physical.
5. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Phaedrus do in lieu of sleep?
Short Answer Questions
1. By Phaedrus's reasoning in Chapter 15, in condemning ______, static biological antagonism is condemned to intellectual quality only.
2. According to Phaedrus, the Victorians believe that the patterns of society will always dominate the patterns of _______.
3. Why does Lila choose to not pursue a relationship with Phaedrus?
4. At what college is Verne Dusenberry an associate professor?
5. What does Phaedrus believe to be the long-term effect of living with views such as the ones Rigel holds in Chapter 7?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)