|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Phaedrus's headmaster's thoughts on the concepts of grace and morals?
(a) One could only aspire to them.
(b) One was born with them.
(c) One could only be granted these by spiritual means.
(d) One lost them over time.
2. How does Phaedrus propose to accurately use values in his analysis of culture?
(a) He will present the values as being worthy of scientific consideration.
(b) He will present his work under an assumed name to remove any pre-existing prejudices against his project.
(c) He will apply values to actual experience.
(d) He will simply call his work "data" instead of "values."
3. When considering the surviving veterans of World War I, what about their attitude altered the social landscape after the war?
(a) Their scarcity.
(b) Their isolation.
(c) Their heroism.
(d) Their bitterness.
4. From whose point-of-view is Chapter 23 told?
(b) Omniscient narrator.
5. About how many slips does Phaedrus have on the tray in his boat in Chapter 2?
(a) Ten thousand.
(b) One thousand.
(c) One hundred thousand.
(d) Eleven thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Lila physically compare herself in Chapter 23?
2. Upon what river does Phaedrus plan to travel by boat?
3. Who is Franz Boas?
4. At what age did Lila have a child?
5. What flashback does Lila experience when she hallucinates seeing her childhood dog?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)