|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Phaedrus leave the bar in Chapter 16?
(a) He has to make it to a meeting with his publisher.
(b) He is not feeling well.
(c) Lila is becoming drunker and verbally abusive towards him.
(d) He is angry that Lila is trying to bring her friends on his boat.
2. To what does Lila physically compare herself in Chapter 23?
(a) A grandmother.
(b) A troll.
(c) An addict.
(d) A Halloween witch.
3. What reason does Phaedrus cite as the reason nobody uses "value" as a quantifiable scientific concept?
(a) Society does not allow for anything less than an absolute.
(b) Accuracy is completely impossible when considering how important the values would be in the scientific analysis of a population.
(c) The foundations of science would be challenged.
(d) Values are impossible to count.
4. What established law does Phaedrus cite as being an example of an evolving static pattern?
(a) Law of Life.
(b) Law of Attraction.
(c) Law of Logic.
(d) Law of Gravity.
5. When discussing "Patterns of Culture," how was the outcast Zuni labeled by his people?
(a) A witch.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A priest.
(d) A psychopath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Phaedrus believe to be the most dynamic on earth?
2. With what concept in anthropology does Dusenberry find fault?
3. What is Lila's state-of-mind at the end of Chapter 18 when she leaves the restaurant?
4. Why does Lila choose to not pursue a relationship with Phaedrus?
5. What city does Phaedrus compare to a giant?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)