|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reasons does this actor come to see Phaedrus in Chapter 19?
(a) He wishes to get the film rights for Phaedrus's book.
(b) He wants Phaedrus's autograph.
(c) He is hiring Phaedurs as a consultant on a new movie.
(d) He is considering hiring Phaedrus as a life coach.
2. According to Phaedrus, the Zen definition of ____ is to see life everywhere but to be unable to participate.
3. What does Lila leave with the waiter when she is unable to pay her bill?
(a) The location and name of the boat.
(b) Phaedrus's publisher's address and phone number.
(c) The hotel in which Phaedrus is staying.
(d) Phaedrus's name.
4. How does Jamie react to Lila's offer to bring him on board as a crew member?
(c) He finds it humorous.
5. In Chapter 22, what does Phaedrus believe was the view of battle before World War I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rigel believe will result from what he sees as Phaedrus's dangerous analysis of their culture in Chapter 6?
2. What Hollywood actor comes to see Phaedrus?
3. What does Phaedrus regard as being the term that encompasses the conflict between social and intellectual patterns?
4. Phaedrus refers to his ongoing project as a "Metaphysics of ______."
5. What is Lila's state-of-mind at the end of Chapter 18 when she leaves the restaurant?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)