|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon is particularly mentioned in Chapter 22 as helping to have changed the world's outlook on war?
(a) Nuclear weapons.
(b) Gatling gun.
(d) Atom bomb.
2. Through the study of what group of people does Phaedrus hope to understand the scientific concerns and patterns that will help society sustain itself while still evolving?
(b) American Indians.
(c) The Germans.
3. What Hollywood actor comes to see Phaedrus?
(a) Robert Redford.
(b) Paul Newman.
(c) Peter O'Toole.
(d) Clint Eastwood.
4. To what does Lila physically compare herself in Chapter 23?
(a) A troll.
(b) An addict.
(c) A Halloween witch.
(d) A grandmother.
5. Why must the "first division" be completely correct?
(a) The rest of the world will only be able to look into the first division for guidance.
(b) The first division is likened to the control in a scientific experiment.
(c) The system can otherwise be easily disproved.
(d) The rest of the classification will always be incorrect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lila and Phaedrus do in Chapter 15?
2. At what college is Verne Dusenberry an associate professor?
3. Why does Phaedrus consider himself to part of the hulking "Giant" from Chapter 17?
4. At what age did Lila have a child?
5. Although Phaedrus decides that Lila has biological quality, what does she seem to lack?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)