|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lila's nickname for Phaedrus?
(a) The Sailor.
(b) The Captain.
(c) The Librarian.
(d) The Scholar.
2. What Quality does Phaedrus believe is beyond Lila in Chapter 17?
3. What do Lila and Phaedrus do in Chapter 15?
(b) Make love.
(c) Cook dinner.
4. Who does Phaedrus believe to be the originator of the American lifestyle?
(a) The Irish.
(b) The American Indians.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The descendants of the abducted African slaves.
5. About how many slips does Phaedrus have on the tray in his boat in Chapter 2?
(a) Eleven thousand.
(b) One thousand.
(c) One hundred thousand.
(d) Ten thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon which American Indian tribe does Dusenberry focus his PhD?
2. "_____ is the primary empirical reality of the world."
3. Phaedrus refers to his ongoing project as a "Metaphysics of ______."
4. In Chapter 22, what does Phaedrus believe was the view of battle before World War I?
5. From whose point-of-view is Chapter 18 told?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)