|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the greatest frustrations in Lila's life, according to her musings in Chapter 10?
(a) She has given all of her money away to people who did not deserve it.
(b) She knows she has a problem, though no one will help her with it.
(c) She falls in love too easily.
(d) She has no empathy.
2. What is interesting to note about the syntax of the phrase "Metaphysics of Quality"?
(a) It is purposefully redundant in phrasing.
(b) It is grammatically perfect.
(c) It ties together several different cultures and their values.
(d) It is a contradiction.
3. What is the importance of "dynamic good"?
(a) A culture must be able to judge a person's values based on the traditions of their society.
(b) A culture cannot be allowed to denigrate another culture.
(c) A culture must actively fight for their traditions.
(d) A culture must adopt new ideals in order to continue evolving.
4. What area of science will likely be the one that helps scientifically govern society, according to Phaedrus's theory in Chapter 22?
5. What established law does Phaedrus cite as being an example of an evolving static pattern?
(a) Law of Logic.
(b) Law of Attraction.
(c) Law of Gravity.
(d) Law of Life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Phaedrus believe to be the most dynamic on earth?
2. What school did Phaedrus attend as a boy?
3. Why is Lila angry with Phaedrus in Chapter 7?
4. Where is Lila in Chapter 23?
5. Upon what river does Phaedrus plan to travel by boat?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)