|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dynamic quality causes an organism to grow, though without the _____, it will not be able to survive or last.
(a) Spiritual reckoning.
(b) Static qualities.
(c) Existentialist ideals.
(d) Theories of evolution.
2. Where does the hallucination of Lila's dog lead her at the end of Chapter 23?
(a) The bar.
(b) The boat.
(c) The police station.
(d) The hospital.
3. What war ostensibly marked the end of Victorian values?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) Korean War.
(d) Vietnam War.
4. Why does Phaedrus leave the bar in Chapter 16?
(a) He is not feeling well.
(b) He is angry that Lila is trying to bring her friends on his boat.
(c) He has to make it to a meeting with his publisher.
(d) Lila is becoming drunker and verbally abusive towards him.
5. By Phaedrus's reasoning in Chapter 15, in condemning ______, static biological antagonism is condemned to intellectual quality only.
(b) Physical fitness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears to be behind Lila's offer to Jamie?
2. At what age did Lila have a child?
3. What is interesting to note about the syntax of the phrase "Metaphysics of Quality"?
4. To what does Phaedrus compare creating a "metaphysics" in Chapter 9?
5. What is Lila's nickname for Phaedrus?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)