|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Phaedrus use as an example of the limitations of the long-held standards of science in Chapter 8?
(a) The kangaroo.
(b) The horse.
(c) The dinosaur.
(d) The platypus.
2. According to Phaedrus, the Victorians believe that the patterns of society will always dominate the patterns of _______.
3. According to Phaedrus's reckoning in Chapter 17, what will the city (which is his current location) eventually do to the people that live there?
(a) Remove them.
(b) Reward them.
(c) Laud them.
(d) Devour them.
4. What flashback does Lila experience when she hallucinates seeing her childhood dog?
(a) A car crash that killed someone close to her.
(b) A house fire that resulted in her mother's death.
(c) Her sister going into labor.
(d) Her grandfather's heart attack.
5. Although Phaedrus decides that Lila has biological quality, what does she seem to lack?
(a) Intellectual quality.
(b) Social quality.
(c) Ethical quality.
(d) Spiritual quality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rigel's profession?
2. Upon which American Indian tribe does Dusenberry focus his PhD?
3. Why does Phaedrus believe his "Metaphysics of Quality" is a more accurate viewpoint of the world?
4. What school did Phaedrus attend as a boy?
5. What does Lila leave with the waiter when she is unable to pay her bill?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)