|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "_____ is the primary empirical reality of the world."
2. Upon what river does Phaedrus plan to travel by boat?
3. What animal does Phaedrus use as an example of the limitations of the long-held standards of science in Chapter 8?
(a) The platypus.
(b) The kangaroo.
(c) The dinosaur.
(d) The horse.
4. Why is Lila angry with Phaedrus in Chapter 7?
(a) He refuses to allow her to sail the boat.
(b) There is no food on the boat.
(c) She is forced to watch him get drunk without her.
(d) He ignores her.
5. Although Phaedrus decides that Lila has biological quality, what does she seem to lack?
(a) Spiritual quality.
(b) Ethical quality.
(c) Social quality.
(d) Intellectual quality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fault does Phaedrus find with the Victorian concept of morals?
2. What name does Phaedrus give to the concept that science exists merely to prove the truth?
3. What is the term that encompasses the constant laws and traditions of a culture, as well as the values upon which those laws were built?
4. The dynamic quality causes an organism to grow, though without the _____, it will not be able to survive or last.
5. What replaced social snobbery after World War I?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)