|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is interesting to note about the syntax of the phrase "Metaphysics of Quality"?
(a) It is a contradiction.
(b) It ties together several different cultures and their values.
(c) It is purposefully redundant in phrasing.
(d) It is grammatically perfect.
2. Upon what river does Phaedrus plan to travel by boat?
3. Why are values not considered to be a proper platform for a scientific analysis?
(a) Values are considered to be amateurish in practice.
(b) Values are dependent upon factors beyond anthropology.
(c) Values are too mandated by the government.
(d) Values are deemed too hard to quantify.
4. In the pursuit of discovering what is right and wrong, what could no longer be blindly trusted in the early days after World War II?
5. Why does Phaedrus believe his book will be derided by the anthropology community?
(a) He is a student of Boas.
(b) He mocked Dusenberry.
(c) He does not adhere to the community's rules.
(d) He is known for a past, accidental plagiarism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Phaedrus believe to be the originator of the American lifestyle?
2. Upon which American Indian tribe does Dusenberry focus his PhD?
3. Where does Phaedrus believe the idea that the intellect reigns supreme over societal needs will lead the human race?
4. The dynamic quality causes an organism to grow, though without the _____, it will not be able to survive or last.
5. About how many slips does Phaedrus have on the tray in his boat in Chapter 2?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)