|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believed that abstinence was necessary for intellectual pursuits?
(a) Vernon Dusenberry.
(b) Richard Rigel.
(c) William James Sidis.
(d) Franz Boas.
2. By Phaedrus's reasoning of dynamic morality in Chapter 13, what is more moral than society killing an idea?
(a) An idea killing a society.
(b) An idea killing a person.
(c) A person killing their ideas in order to protect their society.
(d) Society killing a person.
3. "_____ is the primary empirical reality of the world."
4. What is Rigel's profession?
5. In relation to Rigel, what label does Phaedrus give people who he believes are "gaudy, fraudulent, ornamental peacocks"?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reasons does this actor come to see Phaedrus in Chapter 19?
2. What is interesting to note about the syntax of the phrase "Metaphysics of Quality"?
3. Why does Lila leave her boyfriend?
4. According to Phaedrus, the Victorians believe that the patterns of society will always dominate the patterns of _______.
5. If Phaedrus allows his book to be made into a movie, what will be lost to the social pattern of values which will undoubtedly become the focus of the film?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)