|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Phaedrus leave the bar in Chapter 16?
(a) He is not feeling well.
(b) He has to make it to a meeting with his publisher.
(c) Lila is becoming drunker and verbally abusive towards him.
(d) He is angry that Lila is trying to bring her friends on his boat.
2. Which of the following is not one of the perceptions Phaedrus believes people such as Lila, Rigel, and the famous actor have of him?
(a) Moral degenerate.
(c) Romantic partner.
3. Although Phaedrus decides that Lila has biological quality, what does she seem to lack?
(a) Spiritual quality.
(b) Social quality.
(c) Ethical quality.
(d) Intellectual quality.
4. Upon what river does Phaedrus plan to travel by boat?
5. Phaedrus refers to his ongoing project as a "Metaphysics of ______."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Phaedrus believe the idea that the intellect reigns supreme over societal needs will lead the human race?
2. For what reasons does this actor come to see Phaedrus in Chapter 19?
3. Upon what basis must morals be analyzed in order to glean the greatest precision?
4. When Phaedrus first wakes up in the beginning of "Lila: An Inquiry Into Morals," what had he been doing the previous evening?
5. To what does Phaedrus compare creating a "metaphysics" in Chapter 9?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)