|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Phaedrus's headmaster's thoughts on the concepts of grace and morals?
(a) One lost them over time.
(b) One could only be granted these by spiritual means.
(c) One could only aspire to them.
(d) One was born with them.
2. Who believed that abstinence was necessary for intellectual pursuits?
(a) William James Sidis.
(b) Franz Boas.
(c) Richard Rigel.
(d) Vernon Dusenberry.
3. Where did Phaedrus meet Lila?
(a) A rave.
(b) A friend's house.
(c) A political meeting.
(d) A bar.
4. What does Rigel believe will result from what he sees as Phaedrus's dangerous analysis of their culture in Chapter 6?
(a) People will allow society to become chaotic.
(b) People will become more despondent.
(c) People will abandon their religious duties.
(d) People will invent their own morality.
5. When discussing "Patterns of Culture," how was the outcast Zuni labeled by his people?
(a) A psychopath.
(b) A witch.
(c) A priest.
(d) A philosopher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rigel claim Phaedrus keeps people from properly analyzing his work?
2. What are the different cultural evaluations of Phaedrus that he ponders after his meeting with the actor?
3. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Phaedrus return to as the basis of his anthropological beliefs?
4. According to Phaedrus's reckoning in Chapter 17, what will the city (which is his current location) eventually do to the people that live there?
5. How does the Zuni brujo encompass the idea of "dynamic good"?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)