|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before going into anthropology, what was Phaedrus's field of study?
2. To what does Phaedrus compare the underground manholes of his current location in Chapter 17?
3. Phaedrus begins to regret his decision to give the film rights over to the actor when he remembers what his attorney told him: "If you love your book, don't sell it to _________."
(c) New York.
(d) Another artist.
4. With what concept in anthropology does Dusenberry find fault?
(a) Modern living.
(d) Scientific principle.
5. What reason does Phaedrus cite as the reason nobody uses "value" as a quantifiable scientific concept?
(a) Society does not allow for anything less than an absolute.
(b) Values are impossible to count.
(c) Accuracy is completely impossible when considering how important the values would be in the scientific analysis of a population.
(d) The foundations of science would be challenged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Along with the wind, what brings about Lila's breakdown at the end of Chapter 10?
2. Where does Phaedrus believe the idea that the intellect reigns supreme over societal needs will lead the human race?
3. What is the term that encompasses the constant laws and traditions of a culture, as well as the values upon which those laws were built?
4. What does Lila leave with the waiter when she is unable to pay her bill?
5. For what sort of Quality does Phaedrus believe Lila only looks?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)