|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Phaedrus return to as the basis of his anthropological beliefs?
(a) Quality and morality are the same.
(b) Quality and morality are opposites of each other.
(c) Morality is the only important concept in the world.
(d) The world exists in pure stasis because of the interference of the Victorian belief.
2. What is the name of Lila's childhood dog?
3. According to the Metaphysics of Quality, what theory is used in conjunction with the idea of life generally having a purpose in regards to Phaedrus' ideas on static versus dynamic Quality?
4. How does Lila feel about Phaedrus after meeting with Jamie and Fatso?
(a) She feels guilty that she angered him.
(b) She feels sorry for him.
(c) She is worried about him.
(d) She is angry at him.
5. What does Lila plan to be her final destination after getting a drink at the restaurant in Chapter 18?
(a) Jamie's house.
(b) The hotel room.
(c) The boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reasons did Phaedrus believe that the Victorians were directly responsible for the roaring 20s?
2. From whose point-of-view is Chapter 18 told?
3. What does Rigel believe will result from what he sees as Phaedrus's dangerous analysis of their culture in Chapter 6?
4. Which of the following is not at the forefront of Lila's mind at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. What replaced social snobbery after World War I?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)