|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what concept in anthropology does Dusenberry find fault?
(b) Modern living.
(d) Scientific principle.
2. Although Phaedrus decides that Lila has biological quality, what does she seem to lack?
(a) Spiritual quality.
(b) Intellectual quality.
(c) Ethical quality.
(d) Social quality.
3. In Chapter 11, why does Phaedrus find it impossible to argue with Lila?
(a) She is too dynamic.
(b) She is unable to understand his intellectualism.
(c) She is too static.
(d) She is too self-centered to think of anyone or anything besides herself.
4. Why does Phaedrus believe his book will be derided by the anthropology community?
(a) He is a student of Boas.
(b) He mocked Dusenberry.
(c) He does not adhere to the community's rules.
(d) He is known for a past, accidental plagiarism.
5. By Phaedrus's reasoning in Chapter 15, in condemning ______, static biological antagonism is condemned to intellectual quality only.
(b) Physical fitness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must the "first division" be completely correct?
2. Who believed that abstinence was necessary for intellectual pursuits?
3. In relation to Rigel, what label does Phaedrus give people who he believes are "gaudy, fraudulent, ornamental peacocks"?
4. According to Phaedrus, who attempts to imitate American Indians?
5. Upon what river does Phaedrus plan to travel by boat?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)