|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Phaedrus use as an example of the limitations of the long-held standards of science in Chapter 8?
(a) The horse.
(b) The kangaroo.
(c) The platypus.
(d) The dinosaur.
2. Why must the "first division" be completely correct?
(a) The system can otherwise be easily disproved.
(b) The first division is likened to the control in a scientific experiment.
(c) The rest of the classification will always be incorrect.
(d) The rest of the world will only be able to look into the first division for guidance.
3. In relation to Rigel, what label does Phaedrus give people who he believes are "gaudy, fraudulent, ornamental peacocks"?
4. Although "static good" is the opposite of "dynamic good," static must exist or else the dynamic would turn into ____.
5. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Phaedrus return to as the basis of his anthropological beliefs?
(a) Quality and morality are opposites of each other.
(b) Morality is the only important concept in the world.
(c) The world exists in pure stasis because of the interference of the Victorian belief.
(d) Quality and morality are the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Phaedrus, who attempts to imitate American Indians?
2. "_____ is the primary empirical reality of the world."
3. In Chapter 12, how does Phaedrus define the purpose behind everything in life?
4. How does the Zuni brujo encompass the idea of "dynamic good"?
5. Who does Phaedrus believe to be the originator of the American lifestyle?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)