|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dynamic quality causes an organism to grow, though without the _____, it will not be able to survive or last.
(a) Static qualities.
(b) Theories of evolution.
(c) Spiritual reckoning.
(d) Existentialist ideals.
2. Which of the following is not at the forefront of Lila's mind at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Her headache.
(b) Her hunger.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her mother.
3. About how many slips does Phaedrus have on the tray in his boat in Chapter 2?
(a) Ten thousand.
(b) Eleven thousand.
(c) One thousand.
(d) One hundred thousand.
4. Who does Phaedrus believe to be the originator of the American lifestyle?
(a) The American Indians.
(b) The Irish.
(c) The descendants of the abducted African slaves.
(d) The Germans.
5. By Phaedrus's reasoning of dynamic morality in Chapter 13, what is more moral than society killing an idea?
(a) An idea killing a person.
(b) An idea killing a society.
(c) Society killing a person.
(d) A person killing their ideas in order to protect their society.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what ceremony does Phaedrus accompany Dusenberry in Chapter 3?
2. Where do Lila and Phaedrus dock at the end of Chapter 13?
3. What name does Phaedrus give to the concept that science exists merely to prove the truth?
4. What is interesting to note about the syntax of the phrase "Metaphysics of Quality"?
5. What established law does Phaedrus cite as being an example of an evolving static pattern?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)