|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before going into anthropology, what was Phaedrus's field of study?
2. What name does Phaedrus give to the concept that science exists merely to prove the truth?
(a) Common hypothesis.
(b) Backseat theorizing.
(c) Victorian science.
(d) Armchair psychology.
3. What do Lila and Phaedrus do in Chapter 15?
(b) Make love.
(c) Cook dinner.
4. Why does Phaedrus believe his book will be derided by the anthropology community?
(a) He does not adhere to the community's rules.
(b) He mocked Dusenberry.
(c) He is known for a past, accidental plagiarism.
(d) He is a student of Boas.
5. How does the Zuni brujo encompass the idea of "dynamic good"?
(a) He submits to his priests' punishment.
(b) He martyrs himself to his own ideas.
(c) He reaches outside his culture to right a wrong.
(d) He curbs his own ideas for the good of his tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what college is Verne Dusenberry an associate professor?
2. What is Rigel's profession?
3. To what ceremony does Phaedrus accompany Dusenberry in Chapter 3?
4. Where do Lila and Phaedrus dock at the end of Chapter 13?
5. Why does Lila leave her boyfriend?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)