|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did Lila have a child?
2. When Phaedrus first wakes up in the beginning of "Lila: An Inquiry Into Morals," what had he been doing the previous evening?
(a) Smoking marijuana.
(b) Snorting cocaine.
(d) Shooting heroin.
3. Who is Franz Boas?
(a) Dusenberry's best friend.
(b) Anthropology professor.
(d) Lila's former lover.
4. What is one of the greatest frustrations in Lila's life, according to her musings in Chapter 10?
(a) She has no empathy.
(b) She has given all of her money away to people who did not deserve it.
(c) She knows she has a problem, though no one will help her with it.
(d) She falls in love too easily.
5. What does Phaedrus believe to be the long-term effect of living with views such as the ones Rigel holds in Chapter 7?
(a) A decay in the moral fiber of society.
(b) Loss of one's identity.
(d) Living in a vacuum of morality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the term that encompasses the constant laws and traditions of a culture, as well as the values upon which those laws were built?
2. How does the Zuni brujo encompass the idea of "dynamic good"?
3. Upon which American Indian tribe does Dusenberry focus his PhD?
4. To what ceremony does Phaedrus accompany Dusenberry in Chapter 3?
5. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Phaedrus return to as the basis of his anthropological beliefs?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)