|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In relation to Rigel, what label does Phaedrus give people who he believes are "gaudy, fraudulent, ornamental peacocks"?
2. By Phaedrus's reasoning in Chapter 15, in condemning ______, static biological antagonism is condemned to intellectual quality only.
(c) Physical fitness.
3. "_____ is the primary empirical reality of the world."
4. What is Rigel's profession?
5. What is interesting to note about the syntax of the phrase "Metaphysics of Quality"?
(a) It is a contradiction.
(b) It ties together several different cultures and their values.
(c) It is grammatically perfect.
(d) It is purposefully redundant in phrasing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Phaedrus use as an example of the limitations of the long-held standards of science in Chapter 8?
2. When Phaedrus first wakes up in the beginning of "Lila: An Inquiry Into Morals," what had he been doing the previous evening?
3. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Phaedrus return to as the basis of his anthropological beliefs?
4. Although "static good" is the opposite of "dynamic good," static must exist or else the dynamic would turn into ____.
5. In Chapter 11, why does Phaedrus find it impossible to argue with Lila?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)