|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lila decide she needs to stay with Phaedrus in Chapter 14?
(a) She is falling in love with him.
(b) She is afraid that he might be suicidal.
(c) She realizes it will be mutually beneficial.
(d) She doubts his ability to take care of himself.
2. What is the name of the disgraced genius who Phaedrus discovers shared his ideas on the role of American Indians to the American lifestyle?
(a) Verne Dusenberry.
(b) Franz Boas.
(c) William James Sidis.
(d) James Holden.
3. What is one of the greatest frustrations in Lila's life, according to her musings in Chapter 10?
(a) She knows she has a problem, though no one will help her with it.
(b) She falls in love too easily.
(c) She has no empathy.
(d) She has given all of her money away to people who did not deserve it.
4. At what college is Verne Dusenberry an associate professor?
(a) Montana State College.
(b) Washington State.
(c) Texas Tech.
(d) New York University.
5. When Phaedrus first wakes up in the beginning of "Lila: An Inquiry Into Morals," what had he been doing the previous evening?
(a) Shooting heroin.
(b) Smoking marijuana.
(d) Snorting cocaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, why does Phaedrus find it impossible to argue with Lila?
2. With what concept in anthropology does Dusenberry find fault?
3. According to the Metaphysics of Quality, what theory is used in conjunction with the idea of life generally having a purpose in regards to Phaedrus' ideas on static versus dynamic Quality?
4. Why does Lila choose to not pursue a relationship with Phaedrus?
5. Upon what river does Phaedrus plan to travel by boat?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)