|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 24-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the greatest frustrations in Lila's life, according to her musings in Chapter 10?
(a) She knows she has a problem, though no one will help her with it.
(b) She has given all of her money away to people who did not deserve it.
(c) She has no empathy.
(d) She falls in love too easily.
2. What does Lila pull from the water at the end of Chapter 23?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A length of chain.
(c) A bottle with a message.
(d) A doll.
3. What does Rigel reveal to Phaedrus about his connection to Lila?
(a) Lila is his former pupil.
(b) Lila has been chasing him across New York.
(c) Lila is his wife.
(d) Lila is a patient of his from which he formed his new beliefs and philosophy.
4. How does Phaedrus view Rigel's viewpoint in Chapter 24?
5. In the pursuit of discovering what is right and wrong, what could no longer be blindly trusted in the early days after World War II?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what college is Verne Dusenberry an associate professor?
2. Why is Lila angry with Phaedrus in Chapter 7?
3. To whom does Phaedrus compare modern psychiatrists?
4. For what reasons did Phaedrus believe that the Victorians were directly responsible for the roaring 20s?
5. Why does Phaedrus believe society accepts trance and hypnosis as plausible ideas?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)