|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 24-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lila in Chapter 23?
(a) The hotel room.
(b) The bar.
(c) The streets.
(d) Phaedrus's publisher's office.
2. What is the term that encompasses the constant laws and traditions of a culture, as well as the values upon which those laws were built?
(a) Static banality.
(b) Static culture.
(c) Static morality.
(d) Static good.
3. What does Phaedrus admit to regretting about Lila at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) He lent her money.
(b) He made love to her.
(c) He allowed her on the boat in the first place.
(d) They parted ways angrily.
4. By Chapter 24, what has Phaedrus concluded about the Victorians social moral codes?
(a) It is dead.
(b) It will never truly go away.
(c) It is finally evolving.
(d) It is fighting change.
5. What does Rigel believe will result from what he sees as Phaedrus's dangerous analysis of their culture in Chapter 6?
(a) People will invent their own morality.
(b) People will become more despondent.
(c) People will abandon their religious duties.
(d) People will allow society to become chaotic.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to his "conversation" with Lila's doll, what ultimately saved Lila?
2. According to Phaedrus's beliefs, what must one to do to be labeled as insane in their society?
3. For what reasons does Phaedrus initially grant the film rights to the actor in Chapter 19?
4. Which of the following is not one of the perceptions Phaedrus believes people such as Lila, Rigel, and the famous actor have of him?
5. Through the study of what group of people does Phaedrus hope to understand the scientific concerns and patterns that will help society sustain itself while still evolving?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)