|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 24-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to his "conversation" with Lila's doll, what ultimately saved Lila?
(a) Phaedrus told Rigel that she had Quality.
(b) Fatso stealing her pills.
(c) Jamie's attack on her.
(d) Phaedrus was kind to her.
2. By Phaedrus's reckoning on the nature of Rigel's approach to morality, what was the natural effect of World War I?
(b) World War II.
(c) The Roaring 20s.
(d) The revolutionary sixties.
3. Why does Rigel claim Phaedrus keeps people from properly analyzing his work?
(a) Phaedrus does not define Quality.
(b) Phaedrus refuses to discuss his first book.
(c) Phaedrus presents his work as fiction.
(d) Phaedrus hides under an assumed name.
4. In the Metaphysics of Quality, with what other value besides biological are objects imbued?
5. When Lila panics over the missing items in her purse, what information is revealed about her past in Chapter 18?
(a) She was once in a hospital, presumably a mental one.
(b) She had once been arrested.
(c) Jamie is her ex-husband.
(d) She never had a daughter, as she told Phaedrus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phaedrus believe has occurred with the doll Lila abandoned on his boat?
2. What school did Phaedrus attend as a boy?
3. When considering the surviving veterans of World War I, what about their attitude altered the social landscape after the war?
4. What does Phaedrus fear will happen to Lila when she leaves with Rigel?
5. To whom does Phaedrus compare modern psychiatrists?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)