|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 24-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Phaedrus allows his book to be made into a movie, what will be lost to the social pattern of values which will undoubtedly become the focus of the film?
(a) Dynamic quality.
(b) Static quality.
(c) Intellectual patterns.
(d) Anthropological connections.
2. When Lila goes to pay for her bill at the restaurant, she realizes that her wallet and her _____ have been stolen from her purse.
3. How does Phaedrus define an insane person?
(a) A person who does the same thing a hundred times and expects different results.
(b) A person who cannot come to grips with their own dynamic morality.
(c) A person who can has descended to far into dynamic patterns to be grounded on Earth again.
(d) A person who exhibits and adheres to patterns outside of the normal.
4. When considering the surviving veterans of World War I, what about their attitude altered the social landscape after the war?
(a) Their bitterness.
(b) Their scarcity.
(c) Their heroism.
(d) Their isolation.
5. At what college is Verne Dusenberry an associate professor?
(a) Washington State.
(b) Texas Tech.
(c) Montana State College.
(d) New York University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must the "first division" be completely correct?
2. In what state is Lila in Chapter 29 after she and Phaedrus escape having the police called on them?
3. When Lila panics over the missing items in her purse, what information is revealed about her past in Chapter 18?
4. Along with the wind, what brings about Lila's breakdown at the end of Chapter 10?
5. Why did Phaedrus initially buy his boat?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)