|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What established law does Phaedrus cite as being an example of an evolving static pattern?
(a) Law of Gravity.
(b) Law of Attraction.
(c) Law of Life.
(d) Law of Logic.
2. Phaedrus refers to his ongoing project as a "Metaphysics of ______."
3. By Phaedrus's reckoning on the nature of Rigel's approach to morality, what was the natural effect of World War I?
(a) World War II.
(c) The Roaring 20s.
(d) The revolutionary sixties.
4. Although Phaedrus decides that Lila has biological quality, what does she seem to lack?
(a) Spiritual quality.
(b) Social quality.
(c) Ethical quality.
(d) Intellectual quality.
5. Who is Franz Boas?
(a) Dusenberry's best friend.
(b) Anthropology professor.
(d) Lila's former lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Lila and Phaedrus dock at the end of Chapter 13?
2. Why does Lila choose to not pursue a relationship with Phaedrus?
3. About how many slips does Phaedrus have on the tray in his boat in Chapter 2?
4. Why are values not considered to be a proper platform for a scientific analysis?
5. What is Rigel's profession?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)