|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what concept in anthropology does Dusenberry find fault?
(b) Modern living.
(c) Scientific principle.
2. Which of the following is not at the forefront of Lila's mind at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her hunger.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her headache.
3. What name does Phaedrus give to the concept that science exists merely to prove the truth?
(a) Victorian science.
(b) Backseat theorizing.
(c) Common hypothesis.
(d) Armchair psychology.
4. When discussing "Patterns of Culture," how was the outcast Zuni labeled by his people?
(a) A philosopher.
(b) A priest.
(c) A witch.
(d) A psychopath.
5. What is the term that encompasses the constant laws and traditions of a culture, as well as the values upon which those laws were built?
(a) Static banality.
(b) Static good.
(c) Static culture.
(d) Static morality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Lila and Phaedrus dock at the end of Chapter 13?
2. What is the name of the disgraced genius who Phaedrus discovers shared his ideas on the role of American Indians to the American lifestyle?
3. What is Rigel's profession?
4. Who believed that abstinence was necessary for intellectual pursuits?
5. In relation to Rigel, what label does Phaedrus give people who he believes are "gaudy, fraudulent, ornamental peacocks"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)