|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what river does Phaedrus plan to travel by boat?
2. How does Lila feel about Phaedrus after meeting with Jamie and Fatso?
(a) She feels sorry for him.
(b) She is angry at him.
(c) She feels guilty that she angered him.
(d) She is worried about him.
3. What does Lila leave with the waiter when she is unable to pay her bill?
(a) The location and name of the boat.
(b) The hotel in which Phaedrus is staying.
(c) Phaedrus's name.
(d) Phaedrus's publisher's address and phone number.
4. For what reasons did Phaedrus believe that the Victorians were directly responsible for the roaring 20s?
(a) The inability of the Victorians to let their society evolve resulted in a direct rebellion against the accepted behaviors.
(b) The Victorians' secret corruption was forced into the open by war.
(c) The Victorians refused to believe that they were capable of hedonism.
(d) The Victorians were unable to pass their mindset down fully to their children.
5. What is Phaedrus' destination in Chapter 17?
(a) Another bar.
(b) His boat.
(c) His hotel room.
(d) His publisher's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Phaedrus return to as the basis of his anthropological beliefs?
2. According to Phaedrus, who attempts to imitate American Indians?
3. Upon which American Indian tribe does Dusenberry focus his PhD?
4. Which of the following is not one of the static patterns of value?
5. To what ceremony does Phaedrus accompany Dusenberry in Chapter 3?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)