|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon which American Indian tribe does Dusenberry focus his PhD?
(c) Tohono O'odham.
2. Along with the wind, what brings about Lila's breakdown at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) A crippling headache.
(b) Police lights.
(d) Engine roar.
3. What does Rigel believe will result from what he sees as Phaedrus's dangerous analysis of their culture in Chapter 6?
(a) People will abandon their religious duties.
(b) People will invent their own morality.
(c) People will become more despondent.
(d) People will allow society to become chaotic.
4. About how many slips does Phaedrus have on the tray in his boat in Chapter 2?
(a) One thousand.
(b) Eleven thousand.
(c) Ten thousand.
(d) One hundred thousand.
5. Where does the hallucination of Lila's dog lead her at the end of Chapter 23?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The boat.
(c) The bar.
(d) The police station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although "static good" is the opposite of "dynamic good," static must exist or else the dynamic would turn into ____.
2. At what college is Verne Dusenberry an associate professor?
3. Why is Jamie suspicious of Lila's offer in Chapter 16?
4. What replaced social snobbery after World War I?
5. What is the term that encompasses the constant laws and traditions of a culture, as well as the values upon which those laws were built?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)