|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fault does Phaedrus find with the Victorian concept of morals?
(a) There is no deep intellectualism.
(b) The Victorians were highly corrupt.
(c) It no longer fits the needs of modern society.
(d) Victorian morality was too deeply entrenched in spiritualism.
2. Which of the following is not at the forefront of Lila's mind at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her hunger.
(d) Her headache.
3. Although "static good" is the opposite of "dynamic good," static must exist or else the dynamic would turn into ____.
4. What city does Phaedrus compare to a giant?
(a) New York City.
5. Why does Phaedrus leave the bar in Chapter 16?
(a) He is not feeling well.
(b) He is angry that Lila is trying to bring her friends on his boat.
(c) He has to make it to a meeting with his publisher.
(d) Lila is becoming drunker and verbally abusive towards him.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Lila have a child?
2. To what ceremony does Phaedrus accompany Dusenberry in Chapter 3?
3. Before going into anthropology, what was Phaedrus's field of study?
4. What does Lila contemplate swearing off forever as she makes her way back to Phaedrus?
5. Why does Phaedrus believe his "Metaphysics of Quality" is a more accurate viewpoint of the world?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)