|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lila's state-of-mind at the end of Chapter 18 when she leaves the restaurant?
2. What does Lila pull from the water at the end of Chapter 23?
(a) A length of chain.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A doll.
(d) A bottle with a message.
3. For what reasons does Phaedrus initially grant the film rights to the actor in Chapter 19?
(a) Phaedrus is confident his work will be done justice.
(b) Phaedrus is star struck.
(c) Phaedrus wants to spread his message through any medium posible.
(d) Phaedrus owes too much money to pass up the opportunity.
4. What weapon is particularly mentioned in Chapter 22 as helping to have changed the world's outlook on war?
(a) Gatling gun.
(c) Atom bomb.
(d) Nuclear weapons.
5. What does Rigel believe will result from what he sees as Phaedrus's dangerous analysis of their culture in Chapter 6?
(a) People will abandon their religious duties.
(b) People will allow society to become chaotic.
(c) People will become more despondent.
(d) People will invent their own morality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phaedrus believe to be the last static social pattern in history?
2. What war ostensibly marked the end of Victorian values?
3. Why must the "first division" be completely correct?
4. Who does Phaedrus believe to be the originator of the American lifestyle?
5. What is the name of Lila's childhood dog?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)