|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 24-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Phaedrus first wakes up in the beginning of "Lila: An Inquiry Into Morals," what had he been doing the previous evening?
(a) Shooting heroin.
(b) Smoking marijuana.
(d) Snorting cocaine.
2. The two words that Phaedrus clings to at the end of Chapter 30 that illustrate a resolved conflict between static and dynamic Quality are rta and ____.
3. What type of people feel more inclined to break out of the static patterns of society?
(a) Insane people.
(c) Creative types.
(d) Religious pioneers.
4. To what ceremony does Phaedrus accompany Dusenberry in Chapter 3?
(a) Betrothal feast.
(b) A vision quest.
(c) Tea ceremony.
5. According to Phaedrus's beliefs, what must one to do to be labeled as insane in their society?
(a) They start to behave violently.
(b) They begin to ramble incoherently.
(c) They do not conform to their culture's ideas.
(d) They must rally others together to fight a broken system.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reasons does Phaedrus initially grant the film rights to the actor in Chapter 19?
2. What is the term that Phaedrus coined when considering a person's ability to reject any knowledge that did not conform to their beliefs?
3. For what reasons did Phaedrus believe that the Victorians were directly responsible for the roaring 20s?
4. What flashback does Lila experience when she hallucinates seeing her childhood dog?
5. What area of science will likely be the one that helps scientifically govern society, according to Phaedrus's theory in Chapter 22?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)