Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tita wants to break the tradition her Mama started as it will affect Rosaura's ____________ if it continues.
2. What happens to Mama when the rebels attack her house?
3. What does Rosaura ask Tita for help with when she enters the kitchen?
4. Who takes advantage of Tita in the storage room, even though she surrenders to him?
5. Where does the child like to sleep when Tita is cooking?
Magical realism is one of the literary decides the author uses in this story, often with beautiful results in the narrative.
Part 1: Define the idea of magical realism.
Part 2: Why do you think the author chooses magical realism over typical storytelling?
Part 3: How does magical realism strengthen the story? How does it weaken it?
The ending of the story seems to be confusing for those who read this book. After all, it seems like the characters die and nothing is left but ashes.
Part 1: How do you interpret the ending of the story?
Part 2: What are some other meanings the author might have had for the ending of the book?
Part 3: Does this ending seem suitable to Tita and Pedro? Why or why not?
The mother and daughter relationship in this story is one that seems to be quite complicated.
Part 1: Why do the daughters continue to bend to Mama's needs, even if they don't agree with her?
Part 2: Why wouldn't the daughters tell Mama 'no'?
Part 3: Why didn't Mama seemingly want a healthy relationship with her daughters?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)