|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the bride at the wedding celebration?
2. What do Esperanza and Alex find under of foot of ashes when they return from their trip?
3. If Tita does not start to behave, says Rosaura, Rosaura will ____________.
4. What are Tita and Chechna shelling for the big wedding day?
5. Mama Elena finally gives in as they have run out of ___________ to hire.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The mother and daughter relationship in this story is one that seems to be quite complicated.
Part 1: Why do the daughters continue to bend to Mama's needs, even if they don't agree with her?
Part 2: Why wouldn't the daughters tell Mama 'no'?
Part 3: Why didn't Mama seemingly want a healthy relationship with her daughters?
Essay Topic 2
Mama seems to put Pedro and Tita into a position where they will always experience sexual and emotional tension.
Part 1: Why do you think Mama doesn't want Tita to be with Pedro, aside from her given excuse?
Part 2: Why do you think Mama puts Tita and Pedro together so often anyway, even though she knows how they feel about each other?
Part 3: Do you think mama perhaps wants the two to be together? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
John's position as a doctor seems to not only be his title in the story, but also his role in Tita's life.
Part 1: Why does John decide that he wants to be with Tita?
Part 2: Why does John stand back when Tita decides she wants to be with Pedro?
Part 3: Do you think Tita should have married John? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,617 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)