Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tita wants to break the tradition her Mama started as it will affect Rosaura's ____________ if it continues.
2. What happens to Mama when the rebels attack her house?
3. What does Rosaura ask Tita for help with when she enters the kitchen?
4. Who takes advantage of Tita in the storage room, even though she surrenders to him?
5. Where does the child like to sleep when Tita is cooking?
The moods of Tita can be followed easily as one looks at the way she cooks and then doesn't cook for a period when she is sad.
Part 1: Why doesn't Tita cook in order to make herself happy?
Part 2: Why is cooking the one thing Tita enjoys doing the most in the world?
Part 3: Why doesn't Tita want to cook once Pedro is gone?
Food is obviously a strong part of this book and of the lives of the characters within the book.
Part 1: Why is food so important to the main family in this book?
Part 2: Why can't the characters relate without having food around?
Part 3: What might the food represent to the book as a whole?
The theme of love is one that comes in and out of the novel, with Tita's heart breaking over losing her love, but then her heart heals as she grows stronger.
Part 1: Why do you think Tita did not put up more of a fight to be with Pedro?
Part 2: Why didn't Rosaura argue against marrying Pedro?
Part 3: What do you think the author is saying about love and about true love when she tells this story?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)