|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pedro beg Tita not to do as he is being carried away for treatment?
2. What has happened to Rosaura since the birth of her baby girl?
3. Pedro accuses Tita of having second thoughts about him because he is now a _____________.
4. Chechna decides to tell Mama that she found Tita as a _________ and that has made Tita worry about her worth.
5. Rosaura tells Tita she has no right to have _______________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mama seems to have a different way of dealing with problems than others do. She seems to be a bit of a controlling woman.
Part 1: Why does Mama not want to have anything to do with Gertrudius anymore?
Part 2: Why does Mama make Tita sit up top in the empty dovecote?
Part 3: Why might Mama feel the need to be so controlling of her own daughters?
Essay Topic 2
Pedro is one of the few male characters in this story and he doesn't seem to be a very strong one.
Part 1: Why doesn't Pedro fight to be with Tita when he asks to marry her in the beginning?
Part 2: Why does Pedro go ahead with his marriage to Rosaura?
Part 3: Do you think Pedro is a coward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The idea of taking care of others seems to come up quite often in this story, with many characters relying on other characters, as well as characters being the nurturers.
Part 1: How does this story define the idea of nurturing? Does this definition seem to be realistic?
Part 2: Why does Tita feel so strongly about Rosaura's son? Why is she so attentive to him?
Part 3: Do you think nurturing can ever go too far? Why or why not?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)