Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tita wants to break the tradition her Mama started as it will affect Rosaura's ____________ if it continues.
2. What happens to Mama when the rebels attack her house?
3. What does Rosaura ask Tita for help with when she enters the kitchen?
4. Who takes advantage of Tita in the storage room, even though she surrenders to him?
5. Where does the child like to sleep when Tita is cooking?
It seems to be the ritual of the food preparation that reaches the core of Tita.
Part 1: In what ways is Tita a better person when she cooks rather than when she is not cooking?
Part 2: Describe some of the rituals that Tita employs when she cooks for the others.
Part 3: Why does Tita need to have the ritual of cooking in her life? What does it provide for her?
Mama seems to put Pedro and Tita into a position where they will always experience sexual and emotional tension.
Part 1: Why do you think Mama doesn't want Tita to be with Pedro, aside from her given excuse?
Part 2: Why do you think Mama puts Tita and Pedro together so often anyway, even though she knows how they feel about each other?
Part 3: Do you think mama perhaps wants the two to be together? Why or why not?
The metaphor of the matches is one that seems to fit Tita perfectly, as told to her by John.
Part 1: Describe the metaphor of the matches as John explains it to Tita.
Part 2: Why are matches a good way to describe the innermost feelings and emotions of a person?
Part 3: What other item might make a good metaphor for internal happiness. Why did you choose this item?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)