Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tita wants to break the tradition her Mama started as it will affect Rosaura's ____________ if it continues.
2. What happens to Mama when the rebels attack her house?
3. What does Rosaura ask Tita for help with when she enters the kitchen?
4. Who takes advantage of Tita in the storage room, even though she surrenders to him?
5. Where does the child like to sleep when Tita is cooking?
Essay Topic 1
Magical realism is one of the literary decides the author uses in this story, often with beautiful results in the narrative.
Part 1: Define the idea of magical realism.
Part 2: Why do you think the author chooses magical realism over typical storytelling?
Part 3: How does magical realism strengthen the story? How does it weaken it?
Essay Topic 2
Communication happens in a variety of ways in this story - sometimes through cooking, other times through words, etc.
Part 1: What is the importance of communication in this story? What does it do for the characters?
Part 2: Which type of communication do you think is the strongest form? Why?
Part 3: With all of the different forms of communication, what kinds of problems could result for the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Mama seems to have a different way of dealing with problems than others do. She seems to be a bit of a controlling woman.
Part 1: Why does Mama not want to have anything to do with Gertrudius anymore?
Part 2: Why does Mama make Tita sit up top in the empty dovecote?
Part 3: Why might Mama feel the need to be so controlling of her own daughters?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)