Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tita wants to break the tradition her Mama started as it will affect Rosaura's ____________ if it continues.
2. What happens to Mama when the rebels attack her house?
3. What does Rosaura ask Tita for help with when she enters the kitchen?
4. Who takes advantage of Tita in the storage room, even though she surrenders to him?
5. Where does the child like to sleep when Tita is cooking?
Essay Topic 1
Mama seems to put Pedro and Tita into a position where they will always experience sexual and emotional tension.
Part 1: Why do you think Mama doesn't want Tita to be with Pedro, aside from her given excuse?
Part 2: Why do you think Mama puts Tita and Pedro together so often anyway, even though she knows how they feel about each other?
Part 3: Do you think mama perhaps wants the two to be together? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The moods of Tita can be followed easily as one looks at the way she cooks and then doesn't cook for a period when she is sad.
Part 1: Why doesn't Tita cook in order to make herself happy?
Part 2: Why is cooking the one thing Tita enjoys doing the most in the world?
Part 3: Why doesn't Tita want to cook once Pedro is gone?
Essay Topic 3
Tears seem to play an important role in this story as well. They seem to creep up not only in sad times, but also in happy times as well.
Part 1: In what ways are tears healing in this story?
Part 2: in what ways are tears painful within this story?
Part 3: How can tears provide both functions? Why does Tita in particular need tears to provide both functions?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)