Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tita wants to break the tradition her Mama started as it will affect Rosaura's ____________ if it continues.
2. What happens to Mama when the rebels attack her house?
3. What does Rosaura ask Tita for help with when she enters the kitchen?
4. Who takes advantage of Tita in the storage room, even though she surrenders to him?
5. Where does the child like to sleep when Tita is cooking?
Essay Topic 1
It seems to be the ritual of the food preparation that reaches the core of Tita.
Part 1: In what ways is Tita a better person when she cooks rather than when she is not cooking?
Part 2: Describe some of the rituals that Tita employs when she cooks for the others.
Part 3: Why does Tita need to have the ritual of cooking in her life? What does it provide for her?
Essay Topic 2
John's position as a doctor seems to not only be his title in the story, but also his role in Tita's life.
Part 1: Why does John decide that he wants to be with Tita?
Part 2: Why does John stand back when Tita decides she wants to be with Pedro?
Part 3: Do you think Tita should have married John? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Magical realism is one of the literary decides the author uses in this story, often with beautiful results in the narrative.
Part 1: Define the idea of magical realism.
Part 2: Why do you think the author chooses magical realism over typical storytelling?
Part 3: How does magical realism strengthen the story? How does it weaken it?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)