Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tita wants to break the tradition her Mama started as it will affect Rosaura's ____________ if it continues.
2. What happens to Mama when the rebels attack her house?
3. What does Rosaura ask Tita for help with when she enters the kitchen?
4. Who takes advantage of Tita in the storage room, even though she surrenders to him?
5. Where does the child like to sleep when Tita is cooking?
Essay Topic 1
The mother and daughter relationship in this story is one that seems to be quite complicated.
Part 1: Why do the daughters continue to bend to Mama's needs, even if they don't agree with her?
Part 2: Why wouldn't the daughters tell Mama 'no'?
Part 3: Why didn't Mama seemingly want a healthy relationship with her daughters?
Essay Topic 2
Mama seems to have a different way of dealing with problems than others do. She seems to be a bit of a controlling woman.
Part 1: Why does Mama not want to have anything to do with Gertrudius anymore?
Part 2: Why does Mama make Tita sit up top in the empty dovecote?
Part 3: Why might Mama feel the need to be so controlling of her own daughters?
Essay Topic 3
Mama seems to put Pedro and Tita into a position where they will always experience sexual and emotional tension.
Part 1: Why do you think Mama doesn't want Tita to be with Pedro, aside from her given excuse?
Part 2: Why do you think Mama puts Tita and Pedro together so often anyway, even though she knows how they feel about each other?
Part 3: Do you think mama perhaps wants the two to be together? Why or why not?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)