|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gertrudis begins to imagine one of Pancho Villa's ___________ she had seen in the town square the week before.
2. What does Tita miss about the doves in the dovecote?
(a) Their cooing
(b) The way they'd sit on her arms
(c) Their feathers
(d) The sight
3. John dresses Tita like ____________ and bathes her as she recovers.
(a) A maid
(b) A child
(c) A woman
(d) A man
4. To make matches, one needs just the right amount of _____________ acid for the edges.
5. Why is Tita no longer interested in being in the kitchen?
(a) She can not think of anything to cook
(b) Pedro and his family have left
(c) She is sick
(d) She wants to upset Mama
Short Answer Questions
1. The cake has ____________ filling and meringue frosting on it.
2. Before the worst of the physical symptoms began, __________ left the reception.
3. Tita and the old woman both love the ____________ which allows them to speak without saying a word.
4. What does Pedro tell Tita in a private moment they share before the wedding?
5. The _________ plans to visit the house every day in order to see the baby.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pedro do after he announces that Rosaura has gone into labor?
2. Why can the old Indian women and Tita speak without saying any words aloud?
3. Why does Tita wish her mother was at the wedding preparations she is working on?
4. Why does Tita tell Chechna about all of the things happening in her mind?
5. What does Tita decide to do with the roses that she has received?
6. What does Tita ask Chechna to do for her in order to keep her at John's house?
7. When Tita tells Rosaura that she married her boyfriend, what is Rosaura's response to this?
8. Why do Pedro and Tita leave together when they first speak about it?
9. What did Tita make when she and cook would be in the kitchen together when she was a child?
10. Why are Chechna and Tita supposed to be making as many sausages as possible?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)