|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is dramatically affected by the sauce which Tita has prepared?
2. Who was able to stave off the rebels from the house?
(a) Mama Elena
3. What does Pedro do in order to help Rosaura with her labor?
(b) Boils water
(c) Goes to town to get a doctor
(d) Gets new bedsheets
4. What does Tita continue to do until Mama leaves the kitchen?
(c) Sing a song
(d) Beats the cake
5. Who does Mama say that the man can marry, as opposed to the one he wanted to marry?
(a) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tita sob on that she had been creating for her married life?
2. What does Tita use to help fatten up the main ingredient for her recipe?
3. What does Tita do for the child when the mother is unable to do so?
4. What does Tita refuse to do as she is in such deep grief?
5. Why is Tita no longer interested in being in the kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pedro agree to marry Tita's sister Rosaura, even though he wanted to marry Tita?
2. Why do Pedro and Tita leave together when they first speak about it?
3. What does Pedro share with Tita in a private moment before his wedding which makes her change her mood?
4. What is the occasion Tita is preparing the turkeys for?
5. What happens when Tita screams at her mother's ghost, letting out all of her rage?
6. What does Tita tell Pedro after he expressed his displeasure in her marriage choice?
7. Why does Tita tell Chechna about all of the things happening in her mind?
8. What does Pedro say to Tita when they are dancing together, making her cry?
9. Why won't the cake batter thicken as Tita is stirring it in preparation for the wedding of Pedro and Rosaura?
10. Why can't Chechna deliver the message from Tita to Mama Elena as she promised to do?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)