|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the celebration for which Tita is cooking in the kitchen? The celebration of the ____________.
(a) Birth of Robert
(b) Wedding of Gertrudis
(c) End of her single life
(d) Wedding of Pedro
2. Who does Pedro bring with him when he goes to visit the women in the kitchen?
(a) His uncle
(b) His mother
(c) His father
(d) His brother
3. Who is helping Tita make the wedding cake for Pedro and his new wife?
4. A solider swoops Gertrudis up onto ______________.
(a) A tree
(b) A table
(c) His horse
(d) His back
5. Who does Pedro have a great love for, and has revealed this to someone in secret?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Indian woman become as a result of her success with the sick relative?
2. Tita's Mama will not allow any _______ and warns her to behave.
3. What does Pedro do in order to help Rosaura with her labor?
4. Who will be furious if Tita is not found in the kitchen as she was directed to be?
5. How is Tita's posture described as she is standing over the grinding machine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Gertrudis has a taste of the rose petal sauce that Tita prepares?
2. What happened to Rosaura with her health condition a year before this wedding day?
3. Where does John the doctor end up taking Tita after bringing her from her home?
4. Why does Tita eventually scream, sending her running up into the dovecote?
5. What does Pedro bring to Tita as she is now the head cook at the ranch?
6. What does the reader find out about Tita's great aunt, which reveals a similarity between the two women?
7. What does Tita ask Chechna to do for her in order to keep her at John's house?
8. What is Rosaura's health problem since giving birth to her baby girl?
9. What does Gertrudis do on purpose so that Pedro overhears her conversation with Tita?
10. Why has Tita lost her interest in cooking at this time of the book, causing her to avoid her kitchen duties?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)