|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A solider swoops Gertrudis up onto ______________.
(a) His back
(b) His horse
(c) A table
(d) A tree
2. Pedro's wife, who is _____________, does not appreciate the gesture of Pedro.
3. Life is the delight of __________, according to Tita.
4. What is the purpose of the item Tita is looking for when she's wandering around the garden?
(a) Feeding Rosaura
(b) Helping pigeon
(c) Making sausages
5. What does Tita do that makes her run away from Mama?
(a) Break a window
(b) Break the mixing bowl
(c) Flirt with Pedro
Short Answer Questions
1. John's grandmother ended up helping his great great ________________.
2. What did Mama Elena and Chechna go to town to buy?
3. Tita refuses to throw away the ___________, and decides to use them in a recipe.
4. How much older is Rosaura than Tita?
5. What did other medical practitioners try to do for his sick relative from #98?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose wedding are Tita and Pedro at during the last chapter of the book?
2. What does John ask Tita to do in order to answer the question of why she does not speak?
3. Why is Tita concerned about the idea of taking care of her mother and not having a family?
4. What does the reader find out about Tita's great aunt, which reveals a similarity between the two women?
5. What happens when a strong cold gust of air blows into the room as Tita is preparing bread?
6. What does Pedro share with Tita in a private moment before his wedding which makes her change her mood?
7. Why is the pantry at the ranch suddenly severely depleted in its stock?
8. Why do Pedro and Tita's eyes meet for an eternity in the kitchen as she is cooking another meal?
9. When Tita tells Rosaura that she married her boyfriend, what is Rosaura's response to this?
10. What does Chechna say she will tell Mama about Tita's idea about not coming home?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)