|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tita use to help fatten up the main ingredient for her recipe?
(a) Sunflower seeds
2. Who comes to gather up Tita at Mama's request?
(c) A soldier
(d) A priest
3. What is the youngest daughter supposed to do when her Mama gets older?
(a) Build her a separate house
(b) Read to her
(c) Take care of her
(d) Move out
4. What color do the roses Pedro brings to Tita turn when she holds them?
5. Where does Tita stay as her fate is decided between the man and Mama?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color of the roses that Pedro brings to Tita?
2. They will need 180 _________ in order to make the cake for the wedding day.
3. The pleasure and warmth that finally explode into passion will nourish the ______________.
4. What is Tita's reaction to the private conversation between her and Pedro?
5. Who does Pedro have a great love for, and has revealed this to someone in secret?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chechna say she will tell Mama about Tita's idea about not coming home?
2. When Tita tells Rosaura that she married her boyfriend, what is Rosaura's response to this?
3. What is Rosaura's health problem since giving birth to her baby girl?
4. What does Tita tell Pedro after he expressed his displeasure in her marriage choice?
5. Why can the old Indian women and Tita speak without saying any words aloud?
6. What are some of the features of the wedding cake Tita is making for Pedro's wedding?
7. What does Tita do in order to trick the child into sleeping in her own room instead of in the kitchen?
8. Why does Tita wish her mother was at the wedding preparations she is working on?
9. Why do Pedro and Tita leave together when they first speak about it?
10. Why wasn't Tita upset about the frying of her little sausage creatures during the holiday season?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)