|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John's grandmother ended up helping his great great ________________.
2. When Tita's sausage creatures were offered in the making of _____________, she was not upset.
(a) Christmas rolls
(b) Wedding favors
(c) Sabbath cakes
(d) Holiday gifts
3. What does Gertrudis begin to do when she tastes the sauce Tita has prepared?
(b) Speak in tongues
(c) Jump up and down
4. Who does Pedro bring with him when he goes to visit the women in the kitchen?
(a) His brother
(b) His father
(c) His mother
(d) His uncle
5. Tita is supposed to be helping Chechna make __________.
(c) Mulled wine
Short Answer Questions
1. The doctor tells Tita that he inherited his curiosity from his __________.
2. Pedro also tells Tita that he just wants to have a chance to be ___________.
3. Life is the delight of __________, according to Tita.
4. Gertrudis' body produces a __________ as she begins to feel intense feelings which are new to her.
5. Each person has a box of matches inside and all it takes it he right amount of _________ for them to spark.
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose wedding are Tita and Pedro at during the last chapter of the book?
2. What happens when Tita screams at her mother's ghost, letting out all of her rage?
3. What did Tita make when she and cook would be in the kitchen together when she was a child?
4. Why wasn't Tita upset about the frying of her little sausage creatures during the holiday season?
5. What does Tita discover when she goes to tell Nacha about the conversation between her and Pedro?
6. What does Nacha tell Tita to do after her mother leaves the kitchen, even though her mother told her not to?
7. Why is Tita the only person who can help Rosaura deliver her baby on her own?
8. What do the rebels take from the ranch, which greatly upsets Tita as they were a part of her childhood?
9. Why does Mama Elena burn Gertrudis' birth certificate upon hearing news of her life?
10. What does the solider do when he finally sees Gertrudis running naked in the field?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)