|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the youngest daughter supposed to do when her Mama gets older?
(a) Move out
(b) Build her a separate house
(c) Read to her
(d) Take care of her
2. Once you start chopping _____________, it is hard to stop your tears.
3. What color do the roses Pedro brings to Tita turn when she holds them?
4. Who does Tita go to after her private conversation with Pedro?
5. What is the second main physical response the guests have after eating the wedding cake?
(a) Intense anger
(b) Heart attacks
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has to help Rosaura deliver the baby on her own?
2. What is the celebration for which Tita is cooking in the kitchen? The celebration of the ____________.
3. What does Tita do that makes her run away from Mama?
4. What does Nacha tell Tita it is okay to do after Mama leaves?
5. The heat from Gertrudis' body ignites the wood of the ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pedro say when Tita tells him that she is actually not pregnant, as she once believed.
2. What does Tita ask Chechna to do for her in order to keep her at John's house?
3. What does the reader find out about Tita's great aunt, which reveals a similarity between the two women?
4. What happens when a strong cold gust of air blows into the room as Tita is preparing bread?
5. Why is Tita concerned about the idea of taking care of her mother and not having a family?
6. Why can the old Indian women and Tita speak without saying any words aloud?
7. What does Tita decide to do with the roses that she has received?
8. What does Pedro share with Tita in a private moment before his wedding which makes her change her mood?
9. Why does Tita wish her mother was at the wedding preparations she is working on?
10. What is the occasion Tita is preparing the turkeys for?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)