|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has to help Rosaura deliver the baby on her own?
2. Tita works the almonds and the ______________ for the recipe she is making.
(a) Sesame seeds
3. What does John give to Tita to help her with the task he has given to her?
(a) Piece of phosphorus
(b) A fine meal
4. Tita feels a strong love for the ______________, something which completely surprises her.
(a) Position of Mama
(c) Married couple
5. The person who comes to gather Tita finds her naked and covered in ___________ and droppings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pedro sees Tita bending over the ______________ and he is mesmerized.
2. Who does Pedro have a great love for, and has revealed this to someone in secret?
3. What did the Indian woman do that caused the bleeding to stop in the sick person?
4. Who is helping Tita make the wedding cake for Pedro and his new wife?
5. The youngest daughter cannot ____________, according to Mama Elena.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tita screams at her mother's ghost, letting out all of her rage?
2. What does the letter from Gertrudis say to Tita besides that she hopes to see her again?
3. Why are Chechna and Tita supposed to be making as many sausages as possible?
4. Why does Tita eventually scream, sending her running up into the dovecote?
5. What does Tita discover when she goes to tell Nacha about the conversation between her and Pedro?
6. Why can the old Indian women and Tita speak without saying any words aloud?
7. What is Pedro's reaction to Tita's news about her pregnancy?
8. Why is Tita frantic as she is preparing the meal for the evening when John is coming over?
9. Whose wedding are Tita and Pedro at during the last chapter of the book?
10. Why does Tita wish her mother was at the wedding preparations she is working on?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)