|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To make matches, one needs just the right amount of _____________ acid for the edges.
2. What is the second main physical response the guests have after eating the wedding cake?
(a) Heart attacks
(c) Intense anger
3. What does Tita continue to do until Mama leaves the kitchen?
(a) Beats the cake
(c) Sing a song
4. Who walks in as Pedro and Tita are staring into each other's eyes?
5. What does Tita use to help fatten up the main ingredient for her recipe?
(b) Sunflower seeds
Short Answer Questions
1. John's grandmother ended up helping his great great ________________.
2. Pedro sees Tita bending over the ______________ and he is mesmerized.
3. Tita is supposed to be helping Chechna make __________.
4. What did other medical practitioners try to do for his sick relative from #98?
5. Tita is no longer the __________ that the doctor remembers.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader find out about Tita's great aunt, which reveals a similarity between the two women?
2. What happened when the Indian women went to the bedside of John's great great grandfather?
3. Why can the old Indian women and Tita speak without saying any words aloud?
4. What does Pedro say to Tita when they are dancing together, making her cry?
5. What does Tita ask Chechna to do for her in order to keep her at John's house?
6. What has happened to Rosaura, as Tita sees after coming back from Pedro's room?
7. What does the letter from Gertrudis say to Tita besides that she hopes to see her again?
8. What does Gertrudis do on purpose so that Pedro overhears her conversation with Tita?
9. What had John's grandmother told him about people and what it meant that they had a box of matches inside?
10. What does Tita discover when she goes to tell Nacha about the conversation between her and Pedro?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)