|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to gather up Tita at Mama's request?
(b) A priest
(c) A soldier
2. What does Tita sob on that she had been creating for her married life?
(a) Wedding dress
3. What color do the roses Pedro brings to Tita turn when she holds them?
4. What is Tita's reaction to the private conversation between her and Pedro?
(a) She is confused
(b) She is happy
(c) She is even more sad
(d) She is angry
5. What does Tita continue to do until Mama leaves the kitchen?
(b) Beats the cake
(c) Sing a song
Short Answer Questions
1. The solider and Gertrudis _____________ without breaking the stride of his horse.
2. Tita refuses to throw away the ___________, and decides to use them in a recipe.
3. Where does Mama want Pedro and his new family to go?
4. What does Nacha tell Tita it is okay to do after Mama leaves?
5. What did the Indian woman do that caused the bleeding to stop in the sick person?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pedro do after he announces that Rosaura has gone into labor?
2. What is the state of Tita when the doctor arrives to take her away per Mama's orders?
3. Why does Mama Elena burn Gertrudis' birth certificate upon hearing news of her life?
4. What happens when Gertrudis has a taste of the rose petal sauce that Tita prepares?
5. Why can't Tita be the daughter to marry Pedro, according to the rules of Mama Elena?
6. What happens when a strong cold gust of air blows into the room as Tita is preparing bread?
7. Why has Tita lost her interest in cooking at this time of the book, causing her to avoid her kitchen duties?
8. What does Chechna say she will tell Mama about Tita's idea about not coming home?
9. What does Tita discover when she goes to tell Nacha about the conversation between her and Pedro?
10. What are some of the features of the wedding cake Tita is making for Pedro's wedding?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)