|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tita refuse to do as she is in such deep grief?
(d) Talk about Pedro
2. What did the Indian woman become as a result of her success with the sick relative?
(a) An equal
(b) Family doctor
(c) A medicine woman to the city
(d) A teacher at a college
3. Where does Mama want Pedro and his new family to go?
(c) San Antonio
(d) Mexico City
4. What does Tita miss about the doves in the dovecote?
(a) Their feathers
(b) Their cooing
(c) The way they'd sit on her arms
(d) The sight
5. Each person has a box of matches inside and all it takes it he right amount of _________ for them to spark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tita used to shape ____________ into animals as though they were balloons.
2. Who was able to stave off the rebels from the house?
3. What is Tita looking for when she is wandering around the garden at the beginning of the chapter?
4. Who has to help Rosaura deliver the baby on her own?
5. Before the worst of the physical symptoms began, __________ left the reception.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the pantry at the ranch suddenly severely depleted in its stock?
2. What is the occasion Tita is preparing the turkeys for?
3. What does Tita do in order to trick the child into sleeping in her own room instead of in the kitchen?
4. What does Tita do for the child of Rosaura and Pedro which shows her love for the child?
5. What does Pedro say when Tita tells him that she is actually not pregnant, as she once believed.
6. Why does Tita eventually scream, sending her running up into the dovecote?
7. What does Gertrudis do on purpose so that Pedro overhears her conversation with Tita?
8. What has happened to Rosaura, as Tita sees after coming back from Pedro's room?
9. What does the letter from Gertrudis say to Tita besides that she hopes to see her again?
10. What does a person need in order to make matches for themselves?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)