|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tita stay as her fate is decided between the man and Mama?
2. What does Pedro do in order to help Rosaura with her labor?
(a) Boils water
(c) Gets new bedsheets
(d) Goes to town to get a doctor
3. What does the old woman wear around her head?
(a) A string of feathers
(b) Thick braids
(c) A round hat
(d) A wool shawl
4. Life is the delight of __________, according to Tita.
5. How is Tita's posture described as she is standing over the grinding machine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tita's reaction to the private conversation between her and Pedro?
2. What does Pedro tell Tita in a private moment they share before the wedding?
3. ___________ does not know about the doctor and his feelings for one of the daughters, even though this character would want to.
4. Tita screams at her mother because Mama gave her ______________ too many.
5. The youngest daughter cannot ____________, according to Mama Elena.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the solider do when he finally sees Gertrudis running naked in the field?
2. What does Pedro bring to Tita as she is now the head cook at the ranch?
3. What happened when the Indian women went to the bedside of John's great great grandfather?
4. What is the state of Tita when the doctor arrives to take her away per Mama's orders?
5. What does Tita ask Chechna to do for her in order to keep her at John's house?
6. What does Tita do for the child of Rosaura and Pedro which shows her love for the child?
7. What do the rebels take from the ranch, which greatly upsets Tita as they were a part of her childhood?
8. Why is Tita frantic as she is preparing the meal for the evening when John is coming over?
9. What does Rosaura ask Tita to help her with after the birth of her child?
10. Why wasn't Tita upset about the frying of her little sausage creatures during the holiday season?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)