|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tita is no longer the __________ that the doctor remembers.
(a) Weak peasant
(b) Ugly woman
(c) Little girl
2. John realizes that Tita's ___________ are wet and that he needs to dry them slowly.
(a) Batter mixes
3. Tita's great aunt reportedly also cried a lot, even when she was in the ____________.
4. Where does Mama want Pedro and his new family to go?
(a) Mexico City
(b) San Antonio
5. To make matches, one needs just the right amount of _____________ acid for the edges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John end up taking Tita instead of to the asylum?
2. What did the Indian woman do that caused the bleeding to stop in the sick person?
3. Where does Mama Elena decide she wants Tita taken?
4. From miles away, __________ sees the rose scented cloud from Gertrudis.
5. Pedro's wife, who is _____________, does not appreciate the gesture of Pedro.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the letter from Gertrudis say to Tita besides that she hopes to see her again?
2. What does the reader find out about Tita's great aunt, which reveals a similarity between the two women?
3. What does the solider do when he finally sees Gertrudis running naked in the field?
4. Whose wedding are Tita and Pedro at during the last chapter of the book?
5. What happened to Rosaura with her health condition a year before this wedding day?
6. What does Pedro share with Tita in a private moment before his wedding which makes her change her mood?
7. Where does John the doctor end up taking Tita after bringing her from her home?
8. What had John's grandmother told him about people and what it meant that they had a box of matches inside?
9. What does Rosaura ask Tita to help her with after the birth of her child?
10. Why does Tita wish her mother was at the wedding preparations she is working on?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)