|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the celebration for which Tita is cooking in the kitchen? The celebration of the ____________.
(a) End of her single life
(b) Birth of Robert
(c) Wedding of Pedro
(d) Wedding of Gertrudis
2. What is the color of the roses that Pedro brings to Tita?
3. What did the Indian woman become as a result of her success with the sick relative?
(a) Family doctor
(b) A medicine woman to the city
(c) A teacher at a college
(d) An equal
4. Tita's great aunt reportedly also cried a lot, even when she was in the ____________.
5. Tita works the almonds and the ______________ for the recipe she is making.
(c) Sesame seeds
Short Answer Questions
1. Once you start chopping _____________, it is hard to stop your tears.
2. Gertrudis' body produces a __________ as she begins to feel intense feelings which are new to her.
3. Tita is supposed to be helping Chechna make __________.
4. Tita used to shape ____________ into animals as though they were balloons.
5. Pedro sees Tita bending over the ______________ and he is mesmerized.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tita do for the child of Rosaura and Pedro which shows her love for the child?
2. What happened to Rosaura with her health condition a year before this wedding day?
3. Why can the old Indian women and Tita speak without saying any words aloud?
4. What does Pedro bring to Tita as she is now the head cook at the ranch?
5. Why do Pedro and Tita's eyes meet for an eternity in the kitchen as she is cooking another meal?
6. What does Tita decide to do with the roses that she has received?
7. What are some of the features of the wedding cake Tita is making for Pedro's wedding?
8. Why does Tita eventually scream, sending her running up into the dovecote?
9. What does Rosaura ask Tita to help her with after the birth of her child?
10. What does Gertrudis do on purpose so that Pedro overhears her conversation with Tita?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)