|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Each person has a box of matches inside and all it takes it he right amount of _________ for them to spark.
2. Where does Tita escape to after her confrontation with Mama?
(a) The village
(b) The kitchen
(d) The doctor's house
3. A solider swoops Gertrudis up onto ______________.
(a) A tree
(b) A table
(c) His horse
(d) His back
4. What did other medical practitioners try to do for his sick relative from #98?
(a) Give him medicine
(c) Bleed him with leeches
5. What does Gertrudis begin to do when she tastes the sauce Tita has prepared?
(a) Jump up and down
(b) Speak in tongues
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is helping Tita make the wedding cake for Pedro and his new wife?
2. What does Tita discover about Nacha when she goes to her room?
3. The housekeeper from _________ brings her food, but it is bland and unfit for Tita.
4. Why can't the other relatives get back to the ranch to help Rosaura?
5. What does John give to Tita to help her with the task he has given to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tita eventually scream, sending her running up into the dovecote?
2. Whose wedding are Tita and Pedro at during the last chapter of the book?
3. What happens when Tita screams at her mother's ghost, letting out all of her rage?
4. Why does Tita wish her mother was at the wedding preparations she is working on?
5. Why is the pantry at the ranch suddenly severely depleted in its stock?
6. What happened to Rosaura with her health condition a year before this wedding day?
7. What is Tita doing in the garden at the opening of this chapter instead of working in the kitchen?
8. Why is Tita frantic as she is preparing the meal for the evening when John is coming over?
9. What are the guests' reactions after eating the wedding cake Tita has prepared?
10. What does Tita discover when she goes to tell Nacha about the conversation between her and Pedro?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)