|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gertrudis runs away, _____________, in the field after the fire begins.
(b) With Tita
(c) Dressed up
2. Once you start chopping _____________, it is hard to stop your tears.
3. What does Tita refuse to do as she is in such deep grief?
(b) Talk about Pedro
4. What has Tita completely lost interest in since Pedro has left?
5. Pedro also tells Tita that he just wants to have a chance to be ___________.
(a) A good husband
(b) A father
(c) Near her
Short Answer Questions
1. The doctor tells Tita that he inherited his curiosity from his __________.
2. Gertrudis begins to imagine one of Pancho Villa's ___________ she had seen in the town square the week before.
3. Why can't the other relatives get back to the ranch to help Rosaura?
4. What does Nacha tell Tita it is okay to do after Mama leaves?
5. Who would have stolen the items in #78 if they had not killed them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tita eventually scream, sending her running up into the dovecote?
2. What is Pedro's reaction to Tita's news about her pregnancy?
3. What does Pedro bring to Tita as she is now the head cook at the ranch?
4. What does Gertrudis do on purpose so that Pedro overhears her conversation with Tita?
5. Why won't the cake batter thicken as Tita is stirring it in preparation for the wedding of Pedro and Rosaura?
6. What does Tita do for the child of Rosaura and Pedro which shows her love for the child?
7. What happened to Rosaura with her health condition a year before this wedding day?
8. Why does Tita wish her mother was at the wedding preparations she is working on?
9. Why can't Tita be the daughter to marry Pedro, according to the rules of Mama Elena?
10. What does Rosaura ask Tita to help her with after the birth of her child?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)