|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pedro and Tita see the events of Gertrudis from __________ a distance away.
(a) The ranch
(b) A tree
(c) The field
(d) The bedroom
2. What is Nacha's role in the ranch where the women live?
3. Where does John end up taking Tita instead of to the asylum?
(a) The convent
(b) The church
(c) His home
(d) Back home
4. Every person but ________ has fallen under a spell at the wedding.
5. What does Gertrudis decide to do in response to her physical reaction?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Tita completely lost interest in since Pedro has left?
2. What does Gertrudis begin to do when she tastes the sauce Tita has prepared?
3. John realizes that Tita's ___________ are wet and that he needs to dry them slowly.
4. Tita works the almonds and the ______________ for the recipe she is making.
5. What is the purpose of the item Tita is looking for when she's wandering around the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tita frantic as she is preparing the meal for the evening when John is coming over?
2. What does Tita do in order to trick the child into sleeping in her own room instead of in the kitchen?
3. What does the reader find out about Tita's great aunt, which reveals a similarity between the two women?
4. What does Tita ask Chechna to do for her in order to keep her at John's house?
5. What does Chechna say she will tell Mama about Tita's idea about not coming home?
6. What does Pedro do after he announces that Rosaura has gone into labor?
7. Why has Tita lost her interest in cooking at this time of the book, causing her to avoid her kitchen duties?
8. What does Rosaura ask Tita to help her with after the birth of her child?
9. Why won't the cake batter thicken as Tita is stirring it in preparation for the wedding of Pedro and Rosaura?
10. Why are Chechna and Tita supposed to be making as many sausages as possible?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)