|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The solider and Gertrudis _____________ without breaking the stride of his horse.
(a) Get married
(b) Introduce themselves
(c) Run away
(d) Make love
2. Tita and the old woman both love the ____________ which allows them to speak without saying a word.
3. What does Tita refuse to do as she is in such deep grief?
(d) Talk about Pedro
4. Who does Mama say that the man can marry, as opposed to the one he wanted to marry?
(c) No one
5. When Tita's sausage creatures were offered in the making of _____________, she was not upset.
(a) Sabbath cakes
(b) Wedding favors
(c) Holiday gifts
(d) Christmas rolls
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nacha's role in the ranch where the women live?
2. Tita wonders who will _______________ if she does not have any daughters of her own.
3. What do the guests at the wedding begin to do after they eat the wedding cake?
4. Once you start chopping _____________, it is hard to stop your tears.
5. What did Mama Elena and Chechna go to town to buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tita doing in the garden at the opening of this chapter instead of working in the kitchen?
2. What had John's grandmother told him about people and what it meant that they had a box of matches inside?
3. Why can't Tita be the daughter to marry Pedro, according to the rules of Mama Elena?
4. What happened when the Indian women went to the bedside of John's great great grandfather?
5. Why does Tita tell Chechna about all of the things happening in her mind?
6. Why wasn't Tita upset about the frying of her little sausage creatures during the holiday season?
7. Why can the old Indian women and Tita speak without saying any words aloud?
8. Why does Tita eventually scream, sending her running up into the dovecote?
9. What does Tita discover when she goes to tell Nacha about the conversation between her and Pedro?
10. What does Tita do in order to trick the child into sleeping in her own room instead of in the kitchen?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)