Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit the women in the kitchen, asking for one of the daughter's hands in marriage?
2. They will need 180 _________ in order to make the cake for the wedding day.
(b) Cups of sugar
(c) Bags of flour
3. Who does Mama say that the man can marry, as opposed to the one he wanted to marry?
(b) No one
4. John dresses Tita like ____________ and bathes her as she recovers.
(a) A maid
(b) A woman
(c) A child
(d) A man
5. Tita and the old woman both love the ____________ which allows them to speak without saying a word.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tita's great aunt was born in ____________ and lived most of her life cooking.
2. Tita's Mama will not allow any _______ and warns her to behave.
3. Tita is supposed to be helping Chechna make __________.
4. Tita used to shape ____________ into animals as though they were balloons.
5. What is the youngest daughter supposed to do when her Mama gets older?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pedro say when Tita tells him that she is actually not pregnant, as she once believed.
2. Why is the pantry at the ranch suddenly severely depleted in its stock?
3. What does Tita ask Chechna to do for her in order to keep her at John's house?
4. Why does Pedro agree to marry Tita's sister Rosaura, even though he wanted to marry Tita?
5. What does the letter from Gertrudis say to Tita besides that she hopes to see her again?
6. Why does Tita eventually scream, sending her running up into the dovecote?
7. What is Tita doing in the garden at the opening of this chapter instead of working in the kitchen?
8. What does John ask Tita to do in order to answer the question of why she does not speak?
9. What is Rosaura's health problem since giving birth to her baby girl?
10. Why is Tita concerned about the idea of taking care of her mother and not having a family?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)