|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tita refuse to do as she is in such deep grief?
(b) Talk about Pedro
2. Why is Tita no longer interested in being in the kitchen?
(a) Pedro and his family have left
(b) She wants to upset Mama
(c) She is sick
(d) She can not think of anything to cook
3. Who comes to visit the women in the kitchen, asking for one of the daughter's hands in marriage?
4. What does the old woman wear around her head?
(a) Thick braids
(b) A round hat
(c) A string of feathers
(d) A wool shawl
5. Who has to help Rosaura deliver the baby on her own?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pedro sees Tita bending over the ______________ and he is mesmerized.
2. Gertrudis runs away, _____________, in the field after the fire begins.
3. Who comes to gather up Tita at Mama's request?
4. What did other medical practitioners try to do for his sick relative from #98?
5. What is the color of the roses that Pedro brings to Tita?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tita frantic as she is preparing the meal for the evening when John is coming over?
2. What is Pedro's reaction to Tita's news about her pregnancy?
3. What did Tita make when she and cook would be in the kitchen together when she was a child?
4. What does the letter from Gertrudis say to Tita besides that she hopes to see her again?
5. Why has Tita lost her interest in cooking at this time of the book, causing her to avoid her kitchen duties?
6. What does the reader find out about Tita's great aunt, which reveals a similarity between the two women?
7. Why does Tita tell Chechna about all of the things happening in her mind?
8. When Tita tells Rosaura that she married her boyfriend, what is Rosaura's response to this?
9. What does a person need in order to make matches for themselves?
10. Why does Pedro agree to marry Tita's sister Rosaura, even though he wanted to marry Tita?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)