|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is dramatically affected by the sauce which Tita has prepared?
2. The cake has ____________ filling and meringue frosting on it.
3. What is the celebration for which Tita is cooking in the kitchen? The celebration of the ____________.
(a) End of her single life
(b) Wedding of Pedro
(c) Birth of Robert
(d) Wedding of Gertrudis
4. What is the one thing Tita is upset the people from #79 stole when they came to the ranch?
(a) Oak tree
(b) Grain bundles
(c) Cooking pots
5. John dresses Tita like ____________ and bathes her as she recovers.
(a) A woman
(b) A child
(c) A man
(d) A maid
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tita miss about the doves in the dovecote?
2. What did the Indian woman become as a result of her success with the sick relative?
3. What is the second main physical response the guests have after eating the wedding cake?
4. What does Pedro tell Tita in a private moment they share before the wedding?
5. Who comes to gather up Tita at Mama's request?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Pedro and Tita's eyes meet for an eternity in the kitchen as she is cooking another meal?
2. What does the letter from Gertrudis say to Tita besides that she hopes to see her again?
3. What does the reader find out about Tita's great aunt, which reveals a similarity between the two women?
4. What happened when the Indian women went to the bedside of John's great great grandfather?
5. What does Pedro say when Tita tells him that she is actually not pregnant, as she once believed.
6. What does Pedro say to Tita when they are dancing together, making her cry?
7. What does Tita do in order to trick the child into sleeping in her own room instead of in the kitchen?
8. What is Rosaura's health problem since giving birth to her baby girl?
9. Why is Tita the only person who can help Rosaura deliver her baby on her own?
10. What does Pedro share with Tita in a private moment before his wedding which makes her change her mood?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)