|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John end up taking Tita instead of to the asylum?
(a) The church
(b) The convent
(c) Back home
(d) His home
2. The solider and Gertrudis _____________ without breaking the stride of his horse.
(a) Make love
(b) Get married
(c) Run away
(d) Introduce themselves
3. What does Mama Elena instruct to be taken away from Tita?
(a) Her birth certificate
(b) The ladder
(c) Her favorite cookbook
(d) Her room
4. What is the one thing Tita is upset the people from #79 stole when they came to the ranch?
(a) Cooking pots
(b) Grain bundles
(c) Oak tree
5. What did the Indian woman do that caused the bleeding to stop in the sick person?
(a) Cast a spell
(b) Touch the wounds
(d) Make an offering to the spirits
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mama want Pedro and his new family to go?
2. What color do the roses Pedro brings to Tita turn when she holds them?
3. When Tita's sausage creatures were offered in the making of _____________, she was not upset.
4. ______________ warns Pedro and Tita to keep their heads about them.
5. What does Tita do that makes her run away from Mama?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Rosaura, as Tita sees after coming back from Pedro's room?
2. How does Tita plan to fatten up the turkeys for the meal she wishes to prepare?
3. What does Tita do in order to trick the child into sleeping in her own room instead of in the kitchen?
4. What does John ask Tita to do in order to answer the question of why she does not speak?
5. What happened to Rosaura with her health condition a year before this wedding day?
6. What is the state of Tita when the doctor arrives to take her away per Mama's orders?
7. What does Tita do for the child of Rosaura and Pedro which shows her love for the child?
8. What does Tita tell Pedro after he expressed his displeasure in her marriage choice?
9. Why does Mama Elena burn Gertrudis' birth certificate upon hearing news of her life?
10. What does Tita discover when she goes to tell Nacha about the conversation between her and Pedro?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)