|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to gather up Tita at Mama's request?
(b) A priest
(c) A soldier
2. What does Tita sob on that she had been creating for her married life?
(a) Wedding dress
3. What color do the roses Pedro brings to Tita turn when she holds them?
4. What is Tita's reaction to the private conversation between her and Pedro?
(a) She is confused
(b) She is happy
(c) She is even more sad
(d) She is angry
5. What does Tita continue to do until Mama leaves the kitchen?
(b) Beats the cake
(c) Sing a song
6. The solider and Gertrudis _____________ without breaking the stride of his horse.
(a) Make love
(b) Get married
(c) Run away
(d) Introduce themselves
7. Tita refuses to throw away the ___________, and decides to use them in a recipe.
(b) Quail feathers
(c) Bad olives
8. Where does Mama want Pedro and his new family to go?
(a) Mexico City
(b) San Antonio
9. What does Nacha tell Tita it is okay to do after Mama leaves?
(b) Go to Pedro
(c) Let go of Pedro
(d) Kill her sister
10. What did the Indian woman do that caused the bleeding to stop in the sick person?
(a) Cast a spell
(b) Touch the wounds
(c) Make an offering to the spirits
11. What does John give to Tita to help her with the task he has given to her?
(b) A fine meal
(c) Piece of phosphorus
12. What does John ask Tita to do for him in order to help him understand why she doesn't speak?
(d) Write on the wall
13. Pedro's wife, who is _____________, does not appreciate the gesture of Pedro.
14. Gertrudis' body produces a __________ as she begins to feel intense feelings which are new to her.
(a) Pink, rose-scented sweat
(b) Mist of pink
(c) Sauce from her hands
(d) Song of joy
15. What begins to shake when Tita is trying to mix up all of the cake ingredients?
(a) The clouds
(b) The trees
(c) Her hands
(d) The ground
Short Answer Questions
1. Pedro and Tita see the events of Gertrudis from __________ a distance away.
2. Who is now the head cook at the ranch now that the old cook is dead?
3. John's grandmother ended up helping his great great ________________.
4. What kind of sauce does Tita make which is simply exquisite?
5. Who will be furious if Tita is not found in the kitchen as she was directed to be?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)