|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tita's reaction to the private conversation between her and Pedro?
(a) She is angry
(b) She is happy
(c) She is confused
(d) She is even more sad
2. John's grandmother ended up helping his great great ________________.
3. Gertrudis' body produces a __________ as she begins to feel intense feelings which are new to her.
(a) Mist of pink
(b) Pink, rose-scented sweat
(c) Sauce from her hands
(d) Song of joy
4. Who was able to stave off the rebels from the house?
(d) Mama Elena
5. What does Gertrudis decide to do in response to her physical reaction?
6. Tita feels a strong love for the ______________, something which completely surprises her.
(a) Married couple
(b) Position of Mama
7. What does the old woman wear around her head?
(a) A round hat
(b) Thick braids
(c) A string of feathers
(d) A wool shawl
8. The _________ plans to visit the house every day in order to see the baby.
9. Tita's great aunt was born in ____________ and lived most of her life cooking.
(a) The restaurant
(b) The bakery
(c) The kitchen
(d) The church
10. The doctor tells Tita that he inherited his curiosity from his __________.
11. Pedro's wife, who is _____________, does not appreciate the gesture of Pedro.
12. The youngest daughter cannot ____________, according to Mama Elena.
(c) Learn to read
(d) Have babies
13. Why is Tita no longer interested in being in the kitchen?
(a) Pedro and his family have left
(b) She can not think of anything to cook
(c) She is sick
(d) She wants to upset Mama
14. Tita is supposed to be helping Chechna make __________.
(a) Mulled wine
15. What is the second main physical response the guests have after eating the wedding cake?
(b) Heart attacks
(d) Intense anger
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John ask Tita to do for him in order to help him understand why she doesn't speak?
2. Who is helping Tita make the wedding cake for Pedro and his new wife?
3. What is the celebration for which Tita is cooking in the kitchen? The celebration of the ____________.
4. What does John give to Tita to help her with the task he has given to her?
5. The pleasure and warmth that finally explode into passion will nourish the ______________.
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)