|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once you start chopping _____________, it is hard to stop your tears.
2. Tita screams at her mother because Mama gave her ______________ too many.
(a) One order
(b) One excuse
(c) One criticism
(d) One rule
3. What is Tita looking for when she is wandering around the garden at the beginning of the chapter?
4. How much older is Rosaura than Tita?
(a) 4 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 1 year
(d) 2 years
5. Pedro's wife, who is _____________, does not appreciate the gesture of Pedro.
6. What does Pedro do in order to help Rosaura with her labor?
(a) Goes to town to get a doctor
(b) Boils water
(d) Gets new bedsheets
7. What does Tita do that makes her run away from Mama?
(a) Break the mixing bowl
(c) Flirt with Pedro
(d) Break a window
8. What does Mama Elena instruct to be taken away from Tita?
(a) Her birth certificate
(b) The ladder
(c) Her favorite cookbook
(d) Her room
9. What does Gertrudis begin to do when she tastes the sauce Tita has prepared?
(a) Jump up and down
(c) Speak in tongues
10. What did the Indian woman become as a result of her success with the sick relative?
(a) An equal
(b) A teacher at a college
(c) Family doctor
(d) A medicine woman to the city
11. Where does Tita stay as her fate is decided between the man and Mama?
12. What does Nacha tell Tita it is okay to do after Mama leaves?
(a) Let go of Pedro
(b) Kill her sister
(c) Go to Pedro
13. Tita's Mama will not allow any _______ and warns her to behave.
(a) Other plan
14. What does Gertrudis decide to do in response to her physical reaction?
15. Gertrudis runs away, _____________, in the field after the fire begins.
(b) With Tita
(d) Dressed up
Short Answer Questions
1. Pedro sees Tita bending over the ______________ and he is mesmerized.
2. What does the old woman wear around her head?
3. Why can't the other relatives get back to the ranch to help Rosaura?
4. Tita's great aunt reportedly also cried a lot, even when she was in the ____________.
5. What is the color of the roses that Pedro brings to Tita?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)