|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the worst of the physical symptoms began, __________ left the reception.
2. The solider and Gertrudis _____________ without breaking the stride of his horse.
(a) Make love
(b) Get married
(c) Run away
(d) Introduce themselves
3. How much older is Rosaura than Tita?
(a) 5 years
(b) 4 years
(c) 2 years
(d) 1 year
4. What does Gertrudis begin to do when she tastes the sauce Tita has prepared?
(a) Jump up and down
(d) Speak in tongues
5. Pedro and Tita see the events of Gertrudis from __________ a distance away.
(a) The field
(b) The ranch
(c) A tree
(d) The bedroom
6. What did the Indian woman do that caused the bleeding to stop in the sick person?
(b) Cast a spell
(c) Touch the wounds
(d) Make an offering to the spirits
7. Who has to help Rosaura deliver the baby on her own?
8. What begins to shake when Tita is trying to mix up all of the cake ingredients?
(a) The ground
(b) Her hands
(c) The trees
(d) The clouds
9. Pedro also tells Tita that he just wants to have a chance to be ___________.
(b) Near her
(c) A good husband
(d) A father
10. Where does Tita stay as her fate is decided between the man and Mama?
11. Why can't the other relatives get back to the ranch to help Rosaura?
(a) There is a death in the family
(b) They didn't know about the birth
(c) They were stopped by federales
(d) The mist is too great
12. Who will be furious if Tita is not found in the kitchen as she was directed to be?
13. Pedro sees Tita bending over the ______________ and he is mesmerized.
(a) Grinding machine
14. The heat from Gertrudis' body ignites the wood of the ___________.
15. John's grandmother ended up helping his great great ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Each person has a box of matches inside and all it takes it he right amount of _________ for them to spark.
2. Tita refuses to throw away the ___________, and decides to use them in a recipe.
3. Tita and the old woman both love the ____________ which allows them to speak without saying a word.
4. What does Tita refuse to do as she is in such deep grief?
5. ___________ does not know about the doctor and his feelings for one of the daughters, even though this character would want to.
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)