|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Indian woman do that caused the bleeding to stop in the sick person?
(a) Cast a spell
(c) Touch the wounds
(d) Make an offering to the spirits
2. Who frantically announces that Rosaura has gone into labor?
3. What did other medical practitioners try to do for his sick relative from #98?
(c) Bleed him with leeches
(d) Give him medicine
4. Tita's great aunt reportedly also cried a lot, even when she was in the ____________.
5. Gertrudis runs away, _____________, in the field after the fire begins.
(b) Dressed up
(c) With Tita
6. Who has to help Rosaura deliver the baby on her own?
7. What does Tita miss about the doves in the dovecote?
(a) Their cooing
(b) The way they'd sit on her arms
(c) The sight
(d) Their feathers
8. Who comes to gather up Tita at Mama's request?
(a) A soldier
(b) A priest
9. Tita wonders who will _______________ if she does not have any daughters of her own.
(a) Make a home for her
(c) Take care of her
(d) Sing to her
10. What has Tita completely lost interest in since Pedro has left?
11. Gertrudis begins to imagine one of Pancho Villa's ___________ she had seen in the town square the week before.
12. What is the second main physical response the guests have after eating the wedding cake?
(b) Heart attacks
(c) Intense anger
13. What is the purpose of the item Tita is looking for when she's wandering around the garden?
(a) Helping pigeon
(b) Feeding Rosaura
(d) Making sausages
14. Gertrudis' body produces a __________ as she begins to feel intense feelings which are new to her.
(a) Pink, rose-scented sweat
(b) Mist of pink
(c) Sauce from her hands
(d) Song of joy
15. ______________ warns Pedro and Tita to keep their heads about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Every person but ________ has fallen under a spell at the wedding.
2. From miles away, __________ sees the rose scented cloud from Gertrudis.
3. Tita and the old woman both love the ____________ which allows them to speak without saying a word.
4. Pedro's wife, who is _____________, does not appreciate the gesture of Pedro.
5. What is the color of the roses that Pedro brings to Tita?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)