|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The doctor tells Tita that he inherited his curiosity from his __________.
2. What will not thicken as a result of Tita's many tears?
(b) Cake batter
3. Where does Tita stay as her fate is decided between the man and Mama?
4. What does the old woman wear around her head?
(a) A round hat
(b) Thick braids
(c) A wool shawl
(d) A string of feathers
5. Tita is no longer the __________ that the doctor remembers.
(a) Ugly woman
(c) Weak peasant
(d) Little girl
6. Tita needs to fatten up the _______________ before she can use them in a recipe.
7. What does Tita sob on that she had been creating for her married life?
(b) Wedding dress
8. Pedro's wife, who is _____________, does not appreciate the gesture of Pedro.
9. What does Tita miss about the doves in the dovecote?
(a) Their feathers
(b) The sight
(c) The way they'd sit on her arms
(d) Their cooing
10. They had to kill the ____________ to keep them from being stolen.
11. Why is Tita no longer interested in being in the kitchen?
(a) Pedro and his family have left
(b) She wants to upset Mama
(c) She is sick
(d) She can not think of anything to cook
12. The cake has ____________ filling and meringue frosting on it.
13. Gertrudis begins to imagine one of Pancho Villa's ___________ she had seen in the town square the week before.
14. The youngest daughter cannot ____________, according to Mama Elena.
(a) Learn to read
(c) Have babies
15. The pleasure and warmth that finally explode into passion will nourish the ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tita and the old woman both love the ____________ which allows them to speak without saying a word.
2. What is the purpose of the item Tita is looking for when she's wandering around the garden?
3. Where does Tita escape to after her confrontation with Mama?
4. The housekeeper from _________ brings her food, but it is bland and unfit for Tita.
5. Where does John end up taking Tita instead of to the asylum?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)