|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit the women in the kitchen, asking for one of the daughter's hands in marriage?
2. What does Tita continue to do until Mama leaves the kitchen?
(a) Sing a song
(b) Beats the cake
3. Who does Tita go to after her private conversation with Pedro?
4. What will not thicken as a result of Tita's many tears?
(b) Cake batter
5. Where does Tita escape to after her confrontation with Mama?
(a) The village
(b) The doctor's house
(d) The kitchen
6. Tita screams at her mother because Mama gave her ______________ too many.
(a) One rule
(b) One order
(c) One excuse
(d) One criticism
7. They had to kill the ____________ to keep them from being stolen.
8. What does John ask Tita to do for him in order to help him understand why she doesn't speak?
(a) Write on the wall
9. What is the second main physical response the guests have after eating the wedding cake?
(b) Intense anger
(d) Heart attacks
10. Once you start chopping _____________, it is hard to stop your tears.
11. What does Tita miss about the doves in the dovecote?
(a) Their cooing
(b) The sight
(c) Their feathers
(d) The way they'd sit on her arms
12. What has Tita completely lost interest in since Pedro has left?
13. The heat from Gertrudis' body ignites the wood of the ___________.
14. The housekeeper from _________ brings her food, but it is bland and unfit for Tita.
15. Tita feels a strong love for the ______________, something which completely surprises her.
(b) Position of Mama
(c) Married couple
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mama Elena decide she wants Tita taken?
2. Tita and the old woman both love the ____________ which allows them to speak without saying a word.
3. What did other medical practitioners try to do for his sick relative from #98?
4. How is Tita's posture described as she is standing over the grinding machine?
5. Pedro also tells Tita that he just wants to have a chance to be ___________.
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)