|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tita refuses to throw away the ___________, and decides to use them in a recipe.
(a) Bad olives
(b) Quail feathers
2. What is the one thing Tita is upset the people from #79 stole when they came to the ranch?
(a) Oak tree
(b) Cooking pots
(d) Grain bundles
3. What does Nacha tell Tita it is okay to do after Mama leaves?
(a) Kill her sister
(c) Let go of Pedro
(d) Go to Pedro
4. The pleasure and warmth that finally explode into passion will nourish the ______________.
5. Gertrudis begins to imagine one of Pancho Villa's ___________ she had seen in the town square the week before.
6. What does Gertrudis begin to do when she tastes the sauce Tita has prepared?
(a) Jump up and down
(b) Speak in tongues
7. Tita and the old woman both love the ____________ which allows them to speak without saying a word.
8. Tita used to shape ____________ into animals as though they were balloons.
9. From miles away, __________ sees the rose scented cloud from Gertrudis.
(c) A solider
10. Pedro also tells Tita that he just wants to have a chance to be ___________.
(a) A father
(c) A good husband
(d) Near her
11. What will not thicken as a result of Tita's many tears?
(a) Cake batter
12. Tita is no longer the __________ that the doctor remembers.
(b) Weak peasant
(c) Ugly woman
(d) Little girl
13. The _________ plans to visit the house every day in order to see the baby.
14. Why can't the other relatives get back to the ranch to help Rosaura?
(a) They didn't know about the birth
(b) The mist is too great
(c) There is a death in the family
(d) They were stopped by federales
15. What did the Indian woman become as a result of her success with the sick relative?
(a) A medicine woman to the city
(b) Family doctor
(c) An equal
(d) A teacher at a college
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tita stay as her fate is decided between the man and Mama?
2. What begins to shake when Tita is trying to mix up all of the cake ingredients?
3. The solider and Gertrudis _____________ without breaking the stride of his horse.
4. The heat from Gertrudis' body ignites the wood of the ___________.
5. The cake has ____________ filling and meringue frosting on it.
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)