|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tita refuses to throw away the ___________, and decides to use them in a recipe.
(a) Bad olives
(d) Quail feathers
2. To prepare the little cardboard strips to become matches, they should be coated with potassium nitrate and ____________.
3. Who was able to stave off the rebels from the house?
(d) Mama Elena
4. Who comes to gather up Tita at Mama's request?
(a) A priest
(b) A soldier
5. Who would have stolen the items in #78 if they had not killed them?
(b) Gang members
(c) No one
(d) Pedro's relatives
6. What is one of the two physical responses the guests have when they eat the wedding cake?
7. What is the youngest daughter supposed to do when her Mama gets older?
(a) Read to her
(b) Build her a separate house
(c) Take care of her
(d) Move out
8. They will need 180 _________ in order to make the cake for the wedding day.
(b) Bags of flour
(d) Cups of sugar
9. Tita's Mama will not allow any _______ and warns her to behave.
(d) Other plan
10. What does Tita continue to do until Mama leaves the kitchen?
(b) Sing a song
(c) Beats the cake
11. Tita needs to fatten up the _______________ before she can use them in a recipe.
12. How much older is Rosaura than Tita?
(a) 1 year
(b) 5 years
(c) 4 years
(d) 2 years
13. John's grandmother ended up helping his great great ________________.
14. Gertrudis' body produces a __________ as she begins to feel intense feelings which are new to her.
(a) Song of joy
(b) Pink, rose-scented sweat
(c) Sauce from her hands
(d) Mist of pink
15. The doctor tells Tita that he inherited his curiosity from his __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The pleasure and warmth that finally explode into passion will nourish the ______________.
2. What is Nacha's role in the ranch where the women live?
3. The youngest daughter cannot ____________, according to Mama Elena.
4. Tita wonders who will _______________ if she does not have any daughters of her own.
5. Pedro and Tita see the events of Gertrudis from __________ a distance away.
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)