|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Tita's posture described as she is standing over the grinding machine?
2. Life is the delight of __________, according to Tita.
3. Who does Pedro bring with him when he goes to visit the women in the kitchen?
(a) His uncle
(b) His brother
(c) His father
(d) His mother
4. Before the worst of the physical symptoms began, __________ left the reception.
5. Tita is supposed to be helping Chechna make __________.
(a) Mulled wine
6. Pedro's wife, who is _____________, does not appreciate the gesture of Pedro.
7. Tita's Mama will not allow any _______ and warns her to behave.
(a) Other plan
8. Tita wonders who will _______________ if she does not have any daughters of her own.
(a) Sing to her
(b) Take care of her
(d) Make a home for her
9. Tita and the old woman both love the ____________ which allows them to speak without saying a word.
10. A solider swoops Gertrudis up onto ______________.
(a) His horse
(b) A tree
(c) A table
(d) His back
11. ___________ does not know about the doctor and his feelings for one of the daughters, even though this character would want to.
(d) Mama Elena
12. Tita works the almonds and the ______________ for the recipe she is making.
(c) Sesame seeds
13. What does Tita sob on that she had been creating for her married life?
(d) Wedding dress
14. Who will be furious if Tita is not found in the kitchen as she was directed to be?
15. Why can't the other relatives get back to the ranch to help Rosaura?
(a) There is a death in the family
(b) The mist is too great
(c) They were stopped by federales
(d) They didn't know about the birth
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________ plans to visit the house every day in order to see the baby.
2. What has Tita completely lost interest in since Pedro has left?
3. The cake has ____________ filling and meringue frosting on it.
4. Who was able to stave off the rebels from the house?
5. Every person but ________ has fallen under a spell at the wedding.
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)