|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit the women in the kitchen, asking for one of the daughter's hands in marriage?
2. The doctor tells Tita that he inherited his curiosity from his __________.
3. The solider and Gertrudis _____________ without breaking the stride of his horse.
(a) Get married
(b) Make love
(c) Run away
(d) Introduce themselves
4. ___________ does not know about the doctor and his feelings for one of the daughters, even though this character would want to.
(d) Mama Elena
5. What is the second main physical response the guests have after eating the wedding cake?
(a) Intense anger
(b) Heart attacks
6. Each person has a box of matches inside and all it takes it he right amount of _________ for them to spark.
7. ______________ warns Pedro and Tita to keep their heads about them.
8. Every person but ________ has fallen under a spell at the wedding.
9. What kind of sauce does Tita make which is simply exquisite?
(a) Rose petal sauce
(b) Quail feather
10. What does Pedro tell Tita in a private moment they share before the wedding?
(a) He will take her away
(b) He is not going to marry her sister
(c) He is happy
(d) He is in love with Rosaura
11. A solider swoops Gertrudis up onto ______________.
(a) A tree
(b) A table
(c) His back
(d) His horse
12. How much older is Rosaura than Tita?
(a) 4 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 2 years
(d) 1 year
13. What did the Indian woman become as a result of her success with the sick relative?
(a) A teacher at a college
(b) An equal
(c) A medicine woman to the city
(d) Family doctor
14. To prepare the little cardboard strips to become matches, they should be coated with potassium nitrate and ____________.
15. Tita's great aunt was born in ____________ and lived most of her life cooking.
(a) The church
(b) The bakery
(c) The kitchen
(d) The restaurant
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nacha's role in the ranch where the women live?
2. What does Gertrudis decide to do in response to her physical reaction?
3. Gertrudis begins to imagine one of Pancho Villa's ___________ she had seen in the town square the week before.
4. What does Tita do that makes her run away from Mama?
5. Tita works the almonds and the ______________ for the recipe she is making.
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)