|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the guests at the wedding begin to do after they eat the wedding cake?
(b) Wail and cry
(c) Dance wildly
2. The doctor tells Tita that he inherited his curiosity from his __________.
3. Who comes to gather up Tita at Mama's request?
(b) A soldier
(c) A priest
4. What begins to shake when Tita is trying to mix up all of the cake ingredients?
(a) Her hands
(b) The ground
(c) The trees
(d) The clouds
5. What did other medical practitioners try to do for his sick relative from #98?
(a) Bleed him with leeches
(b) Give him medicine
6. How much older is Rosaura than Tita?
(a) 5 years
(b) 1 year
(c) 2 years
(d) 4 years
7. Where does Mama Elena decide she wants Tita taken?
(a) A new family
(b) Church for confession
(d) Insane asylum
8. To prepare the little cardboard strips to become matches, they should be coated with potassium nitrate and ____________.
9. Who would have stolen the items in #78 if they had not killed them?
(a) Gang members
(b) No one
(c) Pedro's relatives
10. What does Tita discover about Nacha when she goes to her room?
(a) She is waiting for her
(b) She is dead
(c) She has packed up her things
(d) She is with a man
11. The cake has ____________ filling and meringue frosting on it.
12. What does Tita refuse to do as she is in such deep grief?
(b) Talk about Pedro
13. To make matches, one needs just the right amount of _____________ acid for the edges.
14. Why can't the other relatives get back to the ranch to help Rosaura?
(a) They were stopped by federales
(b) The mist is too great
(c) They didn't know about the birth
(d) There is a death in the family
15. Where does Mama want Pedro and his new family to go?
(b) Mexico City
(d) San Antonio
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of sauce does Tita make which is simply exquisite?
2. Why is Tita no longer interested in being in the kitchen?
3. John's grandmother ended up helping his great great ________________.
4. What did the Indian woman do that caused the bleeding to stop in the sick person?
5. How is Tita's posture described as she is standing over the grinding machine?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)