|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing Tita is upset the people from #79 stole when they came to the ranch?
(b) Cooking pots
(c) Oak tree
(d) Grain bundles
2. What begins to shake when Tita is trying to mix up all of the cake ingredients?
(a) The trees
(b) The ground
(c) Her hands
(d) The clouds
3. The _________ plans to visit the house every day in order to see the baby.
4. Pedro's wife, who is _____________, does not appreciate the gesture of Pedro.
5. Who does Mama say that the man can marry, as opposed to the one he wanted to marry?
(b) No one
6. Before the worst of the physical symptoms began, __________ left the reception.
7. What has Tita completely lost interest in since Pedro has left?
8. Gertrudis runs away, _____________, in the field after the fire begins.
(b) With Tita
(c) Dressed up
9. Life is the delight of __________, according to Tita.
10. What is Tita looking for when she is wandering around the garden at the beginning of the chapter?
11. Every person but ________ has fallen under a spell at the wedding.
12. Pedro sees Tita bending over the ______________ and he is mesmerized.
(b) Grinding machine
13. What is the celebration for which Tita is cooking in the kitchen? The celebration of the ____________.
(a) End of her single life
(b) Wedding of Gertrudis
(c) Birth of Robert
(d) Wedding of Pedro
14. What does Tita continue to do until Mama leaves the kitchen?
(a) Sing a song
(d) Beats the cake
15. Who will be furious if Tita is not found in the kitchen as she was directed to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mama want Pedro and his new family to go?
2. What is the color of the roses that Pedro brings to Tita?
3. Who is helping Tita make the wedding cake for Pedro and his new wife?
4. Who does Pedro have a great love for, and has revealed this to someone in secret?
5. Who walks in as Pedro and Tita are staring into each other's eyes?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)