|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gertrudis begin to do when she tastes the sauce Tita has prepared?
(b) Jump up and down
(c) Speak in tongues
2. Tita and the old woman both love the ____________ which allows them to speak without saying a word.
3. The cake has ____________ filling and meringue frosting on it.
4. What is Tita looking for when she is wandering around the garden at the beginning of the chapter?
5. What will not thicken as a result of Tita's many tears?
(a) Cake batter
6. The _________ plans to visit the house every day in order to see the baby.
7. What does Tita discover about Nacha when she goes to her room?
(a) She is waiting for her
(b) She is with a man
(c) She has packed up her things
(d) She is dead
8. Pedro and Tita see the events of Gertrudis from __________ a distance away.
(a) The ranch
(b) A tree
(c) The field
(d) The bedroom
9. What is the celebration for which Tita is cooking in the kitchen? The celebration of the ____________.
(a) Wedding of Gertrudis
(b) Birth of Robert
(c) Wedding of Pedro
(d) End of her single life
10. Who will be furious if Tita is not found in the kitchen as she was directed to be?
11. To make matches, one needs just the right amount of _____________ acid for the edges.
12. Tita screams at her mother because Mama gave her ______________ too many.
(a) One criticism
(b) One rule
(c) One excuse
(d) One order
13. What did the Indian woman do that caused the bleeding to stop in the sick person?
(a) Cast a spell
(b) Make an offering to the spirits
(d) Touch the wounds
14. They had to kill the ____________ to keep them from being stolen.
15. Tita is no longer the __________ that the doctor remembers.
(a) Little girl
(b) Ugly woman
(d) Weak peasant
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing Tita is upset the people from #79 stole when they came to the ranch?
2. What does Pedro tell Tita in a private moment they share before the wedding?
3. Who does Mama say that the man can marry, as opposed to the one he wanted to marry?
4. What does Gertrudis decide to do in response to her physical reaction?
5. The housekeeper from _________ brings her food, but it is bland and unfit for Tita.
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)