|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has to help Rosaura deliver the baby on her own?
2. Pedro also tells Tita that he just wants to have a chance to be ___________.
(a) A father
(c) A good husband
(d) Near her
3. Tita used to shape ____________ into animals as though they were balloons.
4. What does John ask Tita to do for him in order to help him understand why she doesn't speak?
(c) Write on the wall
5. Tita's great aunt reportedly also cried a lot, even when she was in the ____________.
6. Tita works the almonds and the ______________ for the recipe she is making.
(a) Sesame seeds
7. How much older is Rosaura than Tita?
(a) 2 years
(b) 4 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 1 year
8. What is the youngest daughter supposed to do when her Mama gets older?
(a) Take care of her
(b) Build her a separate house
(c) Move out
(d) Read to her
9. Who frantically announces that Rosaura has gone into labor?
10. Where does Tita stay as her fate is decided between the man and Mama?
11. What does Tita sob on that she had been creating for her married life?
(c) Wedding dress
12. What is Tita's reaction to the private conversation between her and Pedro?
(a) She is angry
(b) She is even more sad
(c) She is confused
(d) She is happy
13. Where does Tita escape to after her confrontation with Mama?
(a) The village
(c) The doctor's house
(d) The kitchen
14. John realizes that Tita's ___________ are wet and that he needs to dry them slowly.
(a) Batter mixes
15. Gertrudis' body produces a __________ as she begins to feel intense feelings which are new to her.
(a) Song of joy
(b) Mist of pink
(c) Pink, rose-scented sweat
(d) Sauce from her hands
Short Answer Questions
1. Tita is supposed to be helping Chechna make __________.
2. Who does Pedro have a great love for, and has revealed this to someone in secret?
3. Tita needs to fatten up the _______________ before she can use them in a recipe.
4. To prepare the little cardboard strips to become matches, they should be coated with potassium nitrate and ____________.
5. What is Tita looking for when she is wandering around the garden at the beginning of the chapter?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)