|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was able to stave off the rebels from the house?
(d) Mama Elena
2. How much older is Rosaura than Tita?
(a) 2 years
(b) 1 year
(c) 4 years
(d) 5 years
3. What is Tita looking for when she is wandering around the garden at the beginning of the chapter?
4. How is Tita's posture described as she is standing over the grinding machine?
5. Tita wonders who will _______________ if she does not have any daughters of her own.
(a) Take care of her
(b) Make a home for her
(c) Sing to her
6. What does the old woman wear around her head?
(a) Thick braids
(b) A round hat
(c) A string of feathers
(d) A wool shawl
7. Who walks in as Pedro and Tita are staring into each other's eyes?
8. What does Gertrudis decide to do in response to her physical reaction?
9. To prepare the little cardboard strips to become matches, they should be coated with potassium nitrate and ____________.
10. Tita is supposed to be helping Chechna make __________.
(d) Mulled wine
11. Who has to help Rosaura deliver the baby on her own?
12. Once you start chopping _____________, it is hard to stop your tears.
13. Who is helping Tita make the wedding cake for Pedro and his new wife?
14. What begins to shake when Tita is trying to mix up all of the cake ingredients?
(a) Her hands
(b) The ground
(c) The trees
(d) The clouds
15. What did the Indian woman do that caused the bleeding to stop in the sick person?
(a) Touch the wounds
(c) Cast a spell
(d) Make an offering to the spirits
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John ask Tita to do for him in order to help him understand why she doesn't speak?
2. The heat from Gertrudis' body ignites the wood of the ___________.
3. What does Nacha tell Tita it is okay to do after Mama leaves?
4. What did Mama Elena and Chechna go to town to buy?
5. What does Mama Elena instruct to be taken away from Tita?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)