|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older is Rosaura than Tita?
(a) 5 years
(b) 2 years
(c) 4 years
(d) 1 year
2. What did other medical practitioners try to do for his sick relative from #98?
(a) Bleed him with leeches
(d) Give him medicine
3. Pedro sees Tita bending over the ______________ and he is mesmerized.
(d) Grinding machine
4. Who has to help Rosaura deliver the baby on her own?
5. Pedro and Tita see the events of Gertrudis from __________ a distance away.
(a) The ranch
(b) The field
(c) The bedroom
(d) A tree
6. What is the one thing Tita is upset the people from #79 stole when they came to the ranch?
(a) Cooking pots
(b) Oak tree
(c) Grain bundles
7. Who frantically announces that Rosaura has gone into labor?
8. The heat from Gertrudis' body ignites the wood of the ___________.
9. Before the worst of the physical symptoms began, __________ left the reception.
10. What is the purpose of the item Tita is looking for when she's wandering around the garden?
(a) Making sausages
(c) Feeding Rosaura
(d) Helping pigeon
11. What does Pedro do in order to help Rosaura with her labor?
(a) Gets new bedsheets
(b) Goes to town to get a doctor
(c) Boils water
12. Who walks in as Pedro and Tita are staring into each other's eyes?
13. Tita refuses to throw away the ___________, and decides to use them in a recipe.
(a) Quail feathers
(d) Bad olives
14. The _________ plans to visit the house every day in order to see the baby.
15. Tita and the old woman both love the ____________ which allows them to speak without saying a word.
Short Answer Questions
1. John's grandmother ended up helping his great great ________________.
2. A solider swoops Gertrudis up onto ______________.
3. What is one of the two physical responses the guests have when they eat the wedding cake?
4. Where does Mama want Pedro and his new family to go?
5. What is the second main physical response the guests have after eating the wedding cake?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)