|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the guests at the wedding begin to do after they eat the wedding cake?
(a) Dance wildly
(d) Wail and cry
2. What does Nacha tell Tita it is okay to do after Mama leaves?
(a) Let go of Pedro
(b) Go to Pedro
(d) Kill her sister
3. Who does Pedro bring with him when he goes to visit the women in the kitchen?
(a) His uncle
(b) His brother
(c) His father
(d) His mother
4. The pleasure and warmth that finally explode into passion will nourish the ______________.
5. What is the purpose of the item Tita is looking for when she's wandering around the garden?
(a) Feeding Rosaura
(b) Making sausages
(c) Helping pigeon
6. What did the Indian woman do that caused the bleeding to stop in the sick person?
(a) Cast a spell
(c) Make an offering to the spirits
(d) Touch the wounds
7. What has Tita completely lost interest in since Pedro has left?
8. What did Mama Elena and Chechna go to town to buy?
(a) Baked goods
(d) Things for the baby
9. Who has to help Rosaura deliver the baby on her own?
10. Tita needs to fatten up the _______________ before she can use them in a recipe.
11. Pedro sees Tita bending over the ______________ and he is mesmerized.
(b) Grinding machine
12. A solider swoops Gertrudis up onto ______________.
(a) A table
(b) His back
(c) His horse
(d) A tree
13. Tita works the almonds and the ______________ for the recipe she is making.
(d) Sesame seeds
14. What does the old woman wear around her head?
(a) A wool shawl
(b) Thick braids
(c) A round hat
(d) A string of feathers
15. Who was able to stave off the rebels from the house?
(b) Mama Elena
Short Answer Questions
1. Who would have stolen the items in #78 if they had not killed them?
2. What is Tita's reaction to the private conversation between her and Pedro?
3. What will not thicken as a result of Tita's many tears?
4. Gertrudis begins to imagine one of Pancho Villa's ___________ she had seen in the town square the week before.
5. What does Pedro tell Tita in a private moment they share before the wedding?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)