|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second main physical response the guests have after eating the wedding cake?
(b) Heart attacks
(c) Intense anger
2. What is Tita's reaction to the private conversation between her and Pedro?
(a) She is even more sad
(b) She is angry
(c) She is confused
(d) She is happy
3. Who walks in as Pedro and Tita are staring into each other's eyes?
4. What is Nacha's role in the ranch where the women live?
5. Who does Pedro bring with him when he goes to visit the women in the kitchen?
(a) His uncle
(b) His brother
(c) His father
(d) His mother
6. Tita and the old woman both love the ____________ which allows them to speak without saying a word.
7. What does Tita refuse to do as she is in such deep grief?
(a) Talk about Pedro
8. What does Tita discover about Nacha when she goes to her room?
(a) She is waiting for her
(b) She has packed up her things
(c) She is with a man
(d) She is dead
9. Pedro and Tita see the events of Gertrudis from __________ a distance away.
(a) A tree
(b) The field
(c) The ranch
(d) The bedroom
10. Tita needs to fatten up the _______________ before she can use them in a recipe.
11. From miles away, __________ sees the rose scented cloud from Gertrudis.
(c) A solider
12. What is the youngest daughter supposed to do when her Mama gets older?
(a) Build her a separate house
(b) Read to her
(c) Take care of her
(d) Move out
13. Who comes to visit the women in the kitchen, asking for one of the daughter's hands in marriage?
14. What did other medical practitioners try to do for his sick relative from #98?
(b) Give him medicine
(d) Bleed him with leeches
15. What did the Indian woman do that caused the bleeding to stop in the sick person?
(a) Make an offering to the spirits
(c) Cast a spell
(d) Touch the wounds
Short Answer Questions
1. Gertrudis' body produces a __________ as she begins to feel intense feelings which are new to her.
2. Who was able to stave off the rebels from the house?
3. Who is helping Tita make the wedding cake for Pedro and his new wife?
4. The housekeeper from _________ brings her food, but it is bland and unfit for Tita.
5. Who would have stolen the items in #78 if they had not killed them?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)