|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tita no longer interested in being in the kitchen?
(a) She can not think of anything to cook
(b) Pedro and his family have left
(c) She wants to upset Mama
(d) She is sick
2. Tita and the old woman both love the ____________ which allows them to speak without saying a word.
3. What does Tita refuse to do as she is in such deep grief?
(a) Talk about Pedro
4. What does John give to Tita to help her with the task he has given to her?
(a) A fine meal
(b) Piece of phosphorus
5. Who was able to stave off the rebels from the house?
(d) Mama Elena
6. What does Gertrudis begin to do when she tastes the sauce Tita has prepared?
(b) Jump up and down
(d) Speak in tongues
7. The pleasure and warmth that finally explode into passion will nourish the ______________.
8. Pedro and Tita see the events of Gertrudis from __________ a distance away.
(a) A tree
(b) The ranch
(c) The bedroom
(d) The field
9. Pedro's wife, who is _____________, does not appreciate the gesture of Pedro.
10. What is the youngest daughter supposed to do when her Mama gets older?
(a) Build her a separate house
(b) Take care of her
(c) Move out
(d) Read to her
11. What did the Indian woman do that caused the bleeding to stop in the sick person?
(a) Make an offering to the spirits
(b) Touch the wounds
(c) Cast a spell
12. What has Tita completely lost interest in since Pedro has left?
13. Where does Mama Elena decide she wants Tita taken?
(b) A new family
(c) Church for confession
(d) Insane asylum
14. Each person has a box of matches inside and all it takes it he right amount of _________ for them to spark.
15. What does Gertrudis decide to do in response to her physical reaction?
Short Answer Questions
1. Every person but ________ has fallen under a spell at the wedding.
2. John realizes that Tita's ___________ are wet and that he needs to dry them slowly.
3. What does Tita do for the child when the mother is unable to do so?
4. Life is the delight of __________, according to Tita.
5. Before the worst of the physical symptoms began, __________ left the reception.
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)