|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danny do after reading Laura's book, Shadrach?
2. What do the Ackerson girls explain is the reason that Mrs. Browmain asked if Laura could be trusted alone?
3. What did Lenny die of?
4. What does the strange man mouth to Bob while standing outside the nursery window?
5. What happens to Laura's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the blond-haired man says to Dr. Markwell.
2. What does Stefan realize about the world he is living in while talking to Jason?
3. What does Stefan do when he uses Kokoscha's belt to return to the institute?
4. What happens when Bob's store is robbed?
5. What is Laura and Danny's first date like?
6. Describe the first time that Laura meets Danny.
7. What happens right after Stefan first goes through the gate to the institute?
8. Describe Laura and Danny's wedding.
9. Explain where Stefan is following the attack on Laura.
10. Describe what Stefan is planning on doing in Chapter 1 when he goes to the lab?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Describe Stefan's character.
Part 2) How does Stefan compare to Danny?
Part 3) How does Stefan compare to Kokoschka?
Essay Topic 2
Pick one of the following to write about.
Part 1) Why did it not create a paradox that Stefan sent the bottle back in time with a note on it?
Part 2) What would you want to check on if you could use a time travel device once?
Part 3) What do you believe would be negative side to using time travel?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) If you had to choose to be either a time traveler like Stefan or someone who was stuck trying to figure the time travelers out, like Laura, which would you choose and why?
Part 2) Speculate on the way that Stefan believed the world should have been before he talked to Winston Churchill.
Part 3) Is there any indication that Laura, Stefan and Chris will be able to live happily ever after?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)