|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stefan find when he first arrives back at the lab in Chapter 4 after having left where he killed Kokoschka?
(a) His wife is waiting for him.
(b) No one is there.
(c) The lab is on fire.
(d) He is met by several armed guards.
2. What does Laura dream of when she first falls to sleep after leaving the doctor's house?
(a) Her father and Mr. Toad.
(b) Tammy and the Eel.
3. What does Chris do to the first man he runs into coming out of the doctor's house?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Hits him with a rock.
(c) Karate kicks him.
(d) Bites him.
4. What does Laura have Chris do after leaving the doctor's house?
(a) Go hide in a dog house.
(b) Take a gun and cover her.
(c) Sneak into someone's house for money.
(d) Open car doors and look for car keys.
5. How much money does Thelma bring Laura?
(a) Several hundred.
(b) Four thousand.
(c) A loaded credit card.
(d) Ten or twelve thousand.
6. What is Laura doing when Thelma shows up to visit in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) She is target practicing.
(b) Writing a new book.
(c) Making Chris a birthday cake.
(d) Cooking on the grill.
7. What word does Thelma use to describe the connection between Mr. Teagel's fascination with the National Enquirer and Laura's non-aging guardian angel?
8. What does Chris say the men did as soon as they got stuck in the car?
(a) Sent a message back to their time to send help.
(b) Stole another car.
(c) Called a tow truck.
(d) Gave up and went back to their own time.
9. What does the policeman believe that the four SS agents are that he pulls over?
(a) Baptist preachers.
(b) College professors.
(c) Business men.
(d) Undercover agents.
10. To what time does Stefan set the time machine to reappear in Laura's time?
(a) One year after Danny's death.
(b) Two months after Danny's death.
(c) Three years before Chris graduates.
(d) The day Laura will get remarried.
11. What does Fat Jack tell Laura about the modified Uzis she buys?
(a) They are popular since the attempt to kill Reagan.
(b) They are not very reliable.
(c) They are in fashion this season.
(d) They are very easy to handle.
12. What does Laura says is the reason that two of them--she and Thelma--from McIlroy made it to the top?
(a) They had plenty of opportunity to learn to laugh at tough times.
(b) Just lucky.
(c) Adversity breeds toughness and the tough succeed.
(d) One of God's little jokes.
13. What does Chris say when his mother says that she did kill two of the men at the house?
(a) Where they young or old?
(b) Does that make God angry?
(d) Did they have families?
14. What does the Mercedes do when it gets close to Laura's Jeep?
(b) Honks the horn.
(c) Flashes its lights.
(d) Hits her bumper.
15. Who does Stefan use the time machine to go see?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) His mother.
(c) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(d) The head of the Pentagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Stefan give to explain the reason that the Gestapo is still looking to kill them?
2. What does Jack not keep in his shop?
3. Where does Stefan say he has come from?
4. What does Thelma tell Stefan about his plan to destroy the institute?
5. What year does Stefan explain that he has come from?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)