|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stefan explain that the time travelers cannot do?
(a) Travel back in time.
(b) Lick their elbows.
(c) Stay in a time different from their own.
(d) Go back and meet themselves.
2. What does Thelma say when Laura asks if she still misses Ruth?
(a) It almost seems like a dream.
(b) Not as much as I used to.
(c) Every day for twenty years.
(d) It's a slow steady ache.
3. What does Laura tell Chris that Fat Jack is?
(a) A jerk.
(b) A looser.
(c) A fanatic.
(d) The man of her dreams.
4. What does Laura tell Chris is the reason that he must get out of bed in the middle of the night in Chapter 5?
(a) Bad men are coming.
(b) They are going to the hospital.
(c) They are taking a road trip.
(d) She just wants to get out of the house.
5. What does Stefan realize when he sees Kokoschka?
(a) That Kokoschka hadn't died when he tried to kill Laura.
(b) That Stefan was going to the wrong time.
(c) That Stefan has went crazy.
(d) That Stefan did not destroy the time machine.
6. What does Thelma tell Stefan about his plan to destroy the institute?
(a) It will work.
(b) She is confused about it.
(c) It is a good plan.
(d) It is dangerous.
7. How much money does Thelma bring Laura?
(a) Four thousand.
(b) Ten or twelve thousand.
(c) Several hundred.
(d) A loaded credit card.
8. What does Jack not keep in his shop?
(a) Neon lights.
(c) Chemical weapons.
9. What does Stefan mention while slightly delirious at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) A great, black, rolling machine of death.
(b) A time machine.
(d) His bomb.
10. Why does Laura refuse to drive down the piece of road where Danny died?
(a) She feels certain that death waits for her and Chris down that road.
(b) She knows that a parade is there.
(c) She is worried about hurting the motorists on that road.
(d) She believes the bad guys have set up there for her.
11. How much time does Stefan give himself on the timer he sets after shooting the other two scientists?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Ten minutes.
12. Where does Stefan say he has come from?
(a) Soviet Union.
(b) A moon base.
(d) Berlin, Germany.
13. What word does Thelma use to describe the connection between Mr. Teagel's fascination with the National Enquirer and Laura's non-aging guardian angel?
14. What does Fat Jack tell Laura about the modified Uzis she buys?
(a) They are very easy to handle.
(b) They are in fashion this season.
(c) They are not very reliable.
(d) They are popular since the attempt to kill Reagan.
15. What does Laura explain to Chris is the reason she never told him about her guardian before?
(a) She wanted it to be her secret.
(b) She didn't know what to say.
(c) She thought it might be dangerous for Chris to know.
(d) She thought Chris was to young.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fat Jack sell illegal weapons?
2. What does Chris find in his fortune cookie?
3. What does Stefan send through the time gate to warn Laura of the SS men?
4. What does Stefan say when he first wakes up?
5. Why does Laura explain that she has never been tempted to push the button?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)