|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Laura give for not wanting to go to Thelma's house for Christmas?
(a) She feels safe at home.
(b) Chris needs to catch up on his school work.
(c) She doesn't have the money.
(d) She doesn't want to intrude on Thelma's holiday.
2. What word does Thelma use to describe the connection between Mr. Teagel's fascination with the National Enquirer and Laura's non-aging guardian angel?
3. What does Thelma have on when she comes to meet Laura?
(a) A fake nose.
(b) A fat suit.
(c) A blonde wig.
(d) A hard hat.
4. What reason do the police give for expecting to find Laura soon on the news report Laura listens to?
(a) She has too many family and connections.
(b) She has to come back to her home.
(c) They have a reward out for her.
(d) Her face is widely known.
5. What does Laura tell Thelma they need her to go buy?
(a) A new car.
(b) A gun.
(c) A computer.
6. What reason does Stefan give to explain the reason that the Gestapo is still looking to kill them?
(a) Because they are murderers.
(b) Because they want to avenge Penlovski.
(c) Because they are the only people that can stop the gate.
(d) They believe Stefan stole something of value.
7. Why does Laura keep the interior doors in her house wide open?
(a) So she can hear is Chris calls her.
(b) So she can hear if someone is in the house.
(c) So she can make a fast escape if need be.
(d) So the air flows through all the rooms.
8. What does Stefan answer when Laura asks him how the belt takes someone back?
(a) It is a closely guarded secret.
(b) He doesn't know.
(c) He will tell her later.
(d) Like the string on a ping pong paddle pulling the ball back.
9. What does Laura tell the doctor is the reason that she needs his help when she first knocks on the door?
(a) Her son has been poisoned.
(b) Her son is having a seizure.
(c) She is having a heart attack.
(d) There has been a car accident.
10. Why does Laura refuse to drive down the piece of road where Danny died?
(a) She feels certain that death waits for her and Chris down that road.
(b) She knows that a parade is there.
(c) She is worried about hurting the motorists on that road.
(d) She believes the bad guys have set up there for her.
11. What does Stefan realize when he sees Kokoschka?
(a) That Stefan did not destroy the time machine.
(b) That Stefan was going to the wrong time.
(c) That Stefan has went crazy.
(d) That Kokoschka hadn't died when he tried to kill Laura.
12. What does Chris surprise his mother with while they are held up in the hotel room?
(a) Cupcakes with candles on them.
(b) A plastic necklace.
(c) A bottle of cheap perfume.
(d) A bottle of fingernail polish and some soap.
13. Where does Laura tell Thelma that the belt is that Stefan left for her?
(a) In the safe.
(b) She is wearing it.
(c) In Chris's back pack.
(d) She leaves it under the edge of her bed with her .38.
14. What does Laura answer when Thelma asks why Laura doesn't just get a bodyguard?
(a) Laura can't afford it.
(b) She is afraid that Stefan might come back and shoot him.
(c) Laura doesn't trust anyone.
(d) She can't stand the thought of someone in the house with her and her son.
15. What does the policeman believe that the four SS agents are that he pulls over?
(a) College professors.
(b) Business men.
(c) Baptist preachers.
(d) Undercover agents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stefan explain that the time travelers cannot do?
2. Why does Fat Jack sell illegal weapons?
3. What year does Stefan explain that he has come from?
4. What does Stefan say when he first wakes up?
5. What does Krieger tell the women that he and his men are when they see them appear from the lightning?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)