|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened the night that Laura Shane was born?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A flood.
(c) A massive car accident.
(d) A storm.
2. What happens when Nina comes in and sees Laura lying under Sheener's body?
(a) She screams and runs out of the house.
(b) She tells Laura she must leave.
(c) She dies of a heart attack.
(d) She goes for a gun and shoots Sheener.
3. What does Sheener tell Laura as she leaves up the stairs?
(a) That she and he are going to be friends.
(b) That she can't ignore him forever.
(c) That she will be his.
(d) That he has a big tootsie roll for her.
4. What is Laura supposed to do while Danny supports them?
(a) Finish her first book.
(b) Open a shelter for under privilaged children.
(c) Finish school.
(d) Raises the kids.
5. How long does Kokschka know it will be before he sees Laura again?
(a) Only a day for him.
(b) Eighteen years exactly.
(c) Three months.
(d) More than eight years.
6. What does Laura find when she reaches the twins' room?
(a) The twins are in the room.
(b) The room has been on fire.
(c) There are three body bags in the room.
(d) The room is completely gone.
7. What do the Dockwilers explain is wrong with Nina?
(a) She had cancer.
(b) She has a bum heart.
(c) She has stupidity.
(d) She is diabetic.
8. How does Laura get her admirer's name?
(a) Someone at the restaurant knew him.
(b) Address on a box.
(c) Stefan gives it to her.
(d) Credit card slip.
9. What does Laura tell Thelma about Christopher's delivery?
(a) It will be their only child.
(b) She nearly died.
(c) They had to take him C-section.
(d) It wasn't so bad, you just had to wait on the stork.
10. What is Kokschka wondering while he looks at Laura in Chapter 1?
(a) How he can get her.
(b) How powerful she is.
(c) What part she plays in the traitor's plan.
(d) When she will reach her full potential.
11. What does Dr. Carlson say about the baby girl's hair?
(a) She is bald.
(b) She has a few red hairs standing out.
(c) Her hair is thick and brown.
(d) It is curly and blond.
12. What does Stefan see that sickens him?
(a) Willy Sheener raping Laura.
(b) Willy Sheener kidnapping Laura.
(c) Laura being murdered.
(d) Laura being hit by a train.
13. What had Stefan's initial plan been when he set out to save Laura, Danny, and Chris in Chapter 3?
(a) To clear the roads.
(b) To stall them at their house until the danger passed.
(c) To down a powerline so they would have to take an alternate route.
(d) He didn't have a plan yet.
14. What does Bob realize about the man that comes in to rob his store?
(a) His father is the chief of police.
(b) He used to work for Bob.
(c) He is wanted for murder.
(d) He is a junkie.
15. At the end of Chapter 1 what does Stefan dream of?
(a) The animals at the lab.
(d) The gate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stefan notice about Sheener's home that is odd?
2. What does Daniel tell Laura as he is leaving her apartment after their first date?
3. How does Dr. Markwell feel about the thought of ending his career because of malpractice?
4. What does Laura hear about that happened at that McIlroy house?
5. Who is waiting for Laura when she exits Mrs. Bowmain's office?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)