|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Carlson say about the baby girl's hair?
(a) She is bald.
(b) She has a few red hairs standing out.
(c) It is curly and blond.
(d) Her hair is thick and brown.
2. What does the blue-eyed man ask Markwell about Dr. Carlson?
(a) If he has seen Mrs. Shane before.
(b) How many babies he has delivered.
(c) If he is a good man.
(d) If he is older or younger.
3. What does Dr. Carlson tell Bob is the reason that his wife died?
(a) She aspirated some water.
(b) She had high blood pressure.
(c) She had a reaction to the medicine they gave her.
(d) She was one of those women who wasn't made to have children.
4. What does Laura ask Daniel when he answers his door?
(a) Is there a point to all this?
(b) Are you a sicko?
(d) Can I come in?
5. What does the blue-eyed man say when Markwell says 'I still don't know who you are.'? (page 20)
(a) I'm you.
(b) You never will.
(c) Yes you do.
(d) I'm your conscience.
6. How much money does Shadrach eventually go for?
(a) Three hundred and sixty thousand.
(b) Someone stole it.
(c) One million, two hundred and twenty-five thousand.
(d) Two hundred thousand.
7. What does Mrs. Browmain tell Laura that she is going to have her do?
(a) Clean the bathrooms.
(b) Go to a new foster family.
(c) Have a room in a new building for just one person.
(d) Stay in her room alone since Laura's roommate has left.
8. What poet does Stefan quote to Viktor?
(a) T.S. Eliot.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) Robert Frost.
(d) C.S. Lewis.
9. How long did Danny and Laura date before getting married?
(a) Nearly ten years.
(b) A year and a half.
(c) Five months.
(d) Five years.
10. What does Laura find when she reaches the twins' room?
(a) The twins are in the room.
(b) The room has been on fire.
(c) There are three body bags in the room.
(d) The room is completely gone.
11. Who is waiting for Laura when she exits Mrs. Bowmain's office?
(b) The Ackerson twins.
12. What does Bob realize about the man that comes in to rob his store?
(a) He used to work for Bob.
(b) His father is the chief of police.
(c) He is wanted for murder.
(d) He is a junkie.
13. What does Danny do after reading Laura's book, Shadrach?
(a) Buys a new car.
(b) Buys Laura a very expensive bowl.
(c) Threatens to divorce her if she publishes it.
(d) Buys Laura a new couch.
14. What kind of stockbroker does Danny say that he is?
(b) First rate.
(c) Not good at all.
(d) Brand new.
15. What does the blue-eyed man tell the nurse when he calls the hospital?
(a) That Markwell has had an attack.
(b) That the storm is too bad for Markwell to come in.
(c) That Markwell had a wreck.
(d) That Markwell is drunk and has been drinking a lot lately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened the night that Laura Shane was born?
2. When Bob holds his baby girl, how does she look?
3. What does Daniel tell Laura is the reason for giving her all the frogs?
4. What does Laura say she believes has stopped in her life while talking to Thelma at Laura's wedding?
5. Why could Laura not stay and live with the Lance family?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)