|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura receive in the mail on her twenty-first birthday?
(a) A cat.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A toad.
(d) A mole.
2. What do the Teagels agree is the purpose of having an adoptive child?
(a) Having someone to mold the way they see fit.
(b) To use as a show pony.
(c) Providing a loving household.
(d) Having a servant.
3. Who does Bob tell Laura the toad is on business for?
(a) The king.
(b) The government.
(c) The president.
(d) The queen.
4. What does Laura tell Thelma her reaction to receiving all the figurines is?
5. What does Thelma say that Laura's admirer might turn out to be?
(a) Her sugar daddy.
(b) A money pit.
(c) A sex machine.
(d) Prince Charming.
6. Why could Laura not stay and live with the Lance family?
(a) They were too old.
(b) Bob hadn't had a proper will made out.
(c) They were sick.
(d) The state would not allow it.
7. Why do the Ackerson twins say no one says anything against Sheener?
(a) No one believes children.
(b) The kids move out too fast.
(c) The facility covers it up.
(d) Sheener would kill them.
8. What is Bob experiencing while he sits in the maternity ward lounge?
(b) Stomach cramps.
9. What happens to Laura's father?
(b) Hit by a car.
(c) Heart attack.
10. What does the strange man mouth to Bob while standing outside the nursery window?
11. What does the Teagels' daughter explain is the reason she can't do chores?
(a) She is too busy with school work.
(b) She doesn't like chores.
(c) She is too sick.
(d) She is going to be a movie star and must protect her hands.
12. What poet does Stefan quote to Viktor?
(a) T.S. Eliot.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) C.S. Lewis.
(d) Robert Frost.
13. What does Laura realize that Sheener is showing when he looks at her now?
(c) Even more desire.
(d) An empty blank stare.
14. How much is the initial offer on Laura's book, Shadrach?
(a) A hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars.
(c) Fifteen thousand dollars.
(d) They pay her to stop writting.
15. What is Kokschka wondering while he looks at Laura in Chapter 1?
(a) What part she plays in the traitor's plan.
(b) How he can get her.
(c) When she will reach her full potential.
(d) How powerful she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura tell Daniel that she is going to do with his toads?
2. How long did Danny and Laura date before getting married?
3. What does Danny do after reading Laura's book, Shadrach?
4. What does the blue-eyed man tell the nurse when he calls the hospital?
5. What happened the night that Laura Shane was born?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)