|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheener say when he catches Laura at her foster home?
(a) He wants to know why she is so special.
(b) He tells her she belongs to him now.
(c) He asks her if she wants some candy.
(d) He wants to know who it was that beat him.
2. What does Laura find when she reaches the twins' room?
(a) The room has been on fire.
(b) The twins are in the room.
(c) The room is completely gone.
(d) There are three body bags in the room.
3. What happens to Laura's father?
(b) Heart attack.
(d) Hit by a car.
4. When Bob holds his baby girl, how does she look?
5. How does Sheener change when he returns to work after missing several days?
(a) He is angrier.
(b) He shakes.
(c) He no longer looks or speaks to Laura.
(d) He weeps and mumbles.
6. What does Laura decide that she wants to do when she grows up while staying with the Teagel family?
(a) Work in a foster home.
(b) Bigger than everyone else.
(c) Be a child activist.
(d) Become a writer.
7. Why do the Ackerson twins say no one says anything against Sheener?
(a) The kids move out too fast.
(b) The facility covers it up.
(c) No one believes children.
(d) Sheener would kill them.
8. What is Bob experiencing while he sits in the maternity ward lounge?
(b) Stomach cramps.
9. What is the third figurine holding that is found on Laura's doorstep?
(a) A banjo.
(b) A drum.
(c) A basket.
(d) A giant flower.
10. What does Stefan see that sickens him?
(a) Laura being murdered.
(b) Laura being hit by a train.
(c) Willy Sheener raping Laura.
(d) Willy Sheener kidnapping Laura.
11. What does Mrs. Browmain tell Laura that she is going to have her do?
(a) Stay in her room alone since Laura's roommate has left.
(b) Clean the bathrooms.
(c) Have a room in a new building for just one person.
(d) Go to a new foster family.
12. What does the blond-haired man tell Bob is the reason that he was there?
(a) He has been following that man.
(b) Watching him and Laura.
(c) He happened along.
(d) He needed milk.
13. What does the blond-haired man do as he touches Laura's cheek?
14. What does Mrs. Browmaine tell the girls about Tammy?
(a) That Tammy can't be in any other room.
(b) That Tammy is depressed.
(c) That Tammy is sick.
(d) That Tammy needs friends.
15. What does the blue-eyed man ask Markwell about Dr. Carlson?
(a) If he is a good man.
(b) If he has seen Mrs. Shane before.
(c) How many babies he has delivered.
(d) If he is older or younger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura tell Thelma her reaction to receiving all the figurines is?
2. What does Laura find underneath her pillow when she goes to make her bed?
3. What happened the night that Laura Shane was born?
4. What does the note say that Markwell will do if he doesn't stop drinking?
5. What happens when Nina comes in and sees Laura lying under Sheener's body?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)