|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scale does Danny use to describe how good Shadrach is?
(a) An umbrella turned upside down scale.
(b) A toad scale.
(c) A star scale.
(d) An Itallian restaurant versus a mexican restuarant scale.
2. What does the note say that Markwell will do if he doesn't stop drinking?
(a) Die of liver failure.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Die of a heart attack.
(d) Kill more patients.
3. What does Stefan notice about Sheener's home that is odd?
(a) There are finger paints on the wall.
(b) There is play dough everywhere.
(c) The pictures are all of small children playing.
(d) All the food looks like it was bought by a child.
4. What do the Ackerson twins say that they did in order to get sent to McIlroy?
(a) Break things and sulk.
(b) Ran away.
(c) Started fights.
(d) Screamed at the teachers.
5. How long did Danny and Laura date before getting married?
(a) Five years.
(b) Five months.
(c) A year and a half.
(d) Nearly ten years.
6. What does the blue-eyed man tell the nurse when he calls the hospital?
(a) That Markwell had a wreck.
(b) That Markwell has had an attack.
(c) That the storm is too bad for Markwell to come in.
(d) That Markwell is drunk and has been drinking a lot lately.
7. What does Danny do after reading Laura's book, Shadrach?
(a) Threatens to divorce her if she publishes it.
(b) Buys Laura a new couch.
(c) Buys Laura a very expensive bowl.
(d) Buys a new car.
8. What does the blue-eyed man say when Markwell says 'I still don't know who you are.'? (page 20)
(a) I'm you.
(b) You never will.
(c) Yes you do.
(d) I'm your conscience.
9. What does Markwell notice about the strange man's eyes?
(a) They are a beautiful blue shade.
(b) He didn't seem to have eyes.
(c) They are black.
(d) One was blue and the other was green.
10. What do the Dockwilers explain is wrong with Nina?
(a) She is diabetic.
(b) She had cancer.
(c) She has stupidity.
(d) She has a bum heart.
11. What does Kokoschka say to Laura in the cemetery?
(a) You will be mine.
(b) You will be with your mother and father soon enough.
(c) He will fail.
(d) Why you?
12. How much is the initial offer on Laura's book, Shadrach?
(a) Fifteen thousand dollars.
(b) A hundred thousand dollars.
(c) They pay her to stop writting.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars.
13. What does Laura find when she reaches the twins' room?
(a) The room has been on fire.
(b) The twins are in the room.
(c) The room is completely gone.
(d) There are three body bags in the room.
14. What does Laura find underneath her pillow when she goes to make her bed?
(a) A new book.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A tootsie roll.
(d) A note from her guardian angel.
15. When Laura is sent back home to the McIlory house what does her new roommate say she is going to be when she grows up?
(a) A stay at home mom.
(b) An accountant.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer so she can help her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thelma say that Laura's admirer might turn out to be?
2. What does Daniel tell Laura is the reason for giving her all the frogs?
3. How does Sheener change when he returns to work after missing several days?
4. What is the third figurine holding that is found on Laura's doorstep?
5. What does Laura say she believes has stopped in her life while talking to Thelma at Laura's wedding?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)