|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Ackerson girls explain is the reason that Mrs. Browmain asked if Laura could be trusted alone?
(a) Some kids have started fires.
(b) Some kids try to run away.
(c) Because some kids try suicide.
(d) Some kids destroy their rooms.
2. What happened the night that Laura Shane was born?
(a) A storm.
(b) A flood.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A massive car accident.
3. What does Daniel tell Laura is the reason for giving her all the frogs?
(a) His mother had had a frog collection.
(b) He loves frogs.
(c) He loves her.
(d) Her story spoke to him.
4. What does the blond-haired man do as he touches Laura's cheek?
5. What does Laura tell Thelma her reaction to receiving all the figurines is?
6. What does Laura decide that she wants to do when she grows up while staying with the Teagel family?
(a) Be a child activist.
(b) Bigger than everyone else.
(c) Work in a foster home.
(d) Become a writer.
7. What does Danny do after reading Laura's book, Shadrach?
(a) Buys Laura a new couch.
(b) Buys a new car.
(c) Buys Laura a very expensive bowl.
(d) Threatens to divorce her if she publishes it.
8. What do the Ackerson twins say that Sheener usually does?
(a) Offers to make them feel pretty.
(b) Asks if he can brush their hair.
(c) Asks them to help him with a special chore.
(d) Offers candy.
9. What does Laura ask Daniel when he answers his door?
(a) Are you a sicko?
(b) Can I come in?
(c) Is there a point to all this?
10. How much is the initial offer on Laura's book, Shadrach?
(a) A hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars.
(c) They pay her to stop writting.
(d) Fifteen thousand dollars.
11. What does the blue-eyed man tell Markwell is his trouble?
(a) Markwell thinks he is better than everyone else.
(b) Markwell had let himself hide from his son's death.
(c) Markwell was a hypocrite.
(d) Markwell never had to struggle for anything.
12. How does Laura get her admirer's name?
(a) Credit card slip.
(b) Someone at the restaurant knew him.
(c) Address on a box.
(d) Stefan gives it to her.
13. What scale does Danny use to describe how good Shadrach is?
(a) An umbrella turned upside down scale.
(b) A toad scale.
(c) An Itallian restaurant versus a mexican restuarant scale.
(d) A star scale.
14. What does Kokoschka say to Laura in the cemetery?
(a) He will fail.
(b) You will be with your mother and father soon enough.
(c) You will be mine.
(d) Why you?
15. What does Stefan do to the owner of the Jeep that he steals?
(a) He never sees the owner.
(b) Ties him up.
(c) Hits him in the head with the end of the gun.
(d) Shoots him in the foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man tell Laura he is?
2. What does Laura say that life is when asked by the therapist?
3. What does Laura tell Daniel that she is going to do with his toads?
4. What is Bob experiencing while he sits in the maternity ward lounge?
5. What is Kokschka wondering while he looks at Laura in Chapter 1?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)