|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Kokschka know it will be before he sees Laura again?
(a) Three months.
(b) More than eight years.
(c) Eighteen years exactly.
(d) Only a day for him.
2. What happens to Laura's father?
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Hit by a car.
3. What does the blond-haired man do as he touches Laura's cheek?
4. What does Laura hear about that happened at that McIlroy house?
(a) An explosion.
(b) A suicide.
(c) A fire.
(d) A fight that ended with students dying.
5. What does Kokoschka discover is the reason that Stefan chose to save Laura?
(a) She is the woman he falls in love with.
(b) She was just a personal crusade of Stefan's.
(c) She has the potential to change the whole future.
(d) She carries an antidote to their sickness.
6. What do the Ackerson twins say that they did in order to get sent to McIlroy?
(a) Screamed at the teachers.
(b) Started fights.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Break things and sulk.
7. What does the Teagels' daughter explain is the reason she can't do chores?
(a) She doesn't like chores.
(b) She is going to be a movie star and must protect her hands.
(c) She is too sick.
(d) She is too busy with school work.
8. Where did Danny and Laura spend their first anniversary?
(c) In the Bahamas.
(d) Motel 6.
9. What kind of stockbroker does Danny say that he is?
(a) Not good at all.
(b) Brand new.
(c) First rate.
10. What does Laura find underneath her pillow when she goes to make her bed?
(a) A new book.
(b) A tootsie roll.
(c) A note from her guardian angel.
(d) A photograph.
11. What does the blond-haired man tell Bob is the reason that he was there?
(a) He has been following that man.
(b) He happened along.
(c) Watching him and Laura.
(d) He needed milk.
12. How much money does Shadrach eventually go for?
(a) One million, two hundred and twenty-five thousand.
(b) Someone stole it.
(c) Two hundred thousand.
(d) Three hundred and sixty thousand.
13. What poet does Stefan quote to Viktor?
(a) T.S. Eliot.
(b) C.S. Lewis.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) Robert Frost.
14. What had Thelma gone to do after college?
(a) Went to nursing school.
(b) Started truck driving.
(c) Go into stand up comedy.
(d) Began traveling the country.
15. What does Daniel tell Laura is the reason that he can't talk to beautiful women?
(a) He isn't sure.
(b) His mother was beautiful but cold and rejecting.
(c) His stomach turns upside down at the sight of them.
(d) His mother was plain and that is all he knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura decide that she wants to do when she grows up while staying with the Teagel family?
2. What does Markwell notice about the strange man's eyes?
3. Why do the Ackerson twins say no one says anything against Sheener?
4. What does Tammy say when she hears the Ackerson twins and Laura talking bad about Sheener?
5. What happened the night that Laura Shane was born?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)