|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poet does Stefan quote to Viktor?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) T.S. Eliot.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) C.S. Lewis.
2. What does Daniel tell Laura is the reason that he can't talk to beautiful women?
(a) His mother was beautiful but cold and rejecting.
(b) His mother was plain and that is all he knows.
(c) He isn't sure.
(d) His stomach turns upside down at the sight of them.
3. What does Dr. Carlson tell Bob is the reason that his wife died?
(a) She was one of those women who wasn't made to have children.
(b) She had a reaction to the medicine they gave her.
(c) She had high blood pressure.
(d) She aspirated some water.
4. What does Laura decide that she wants to do when she grows up while staying with the Teagel family?
(a) Bigger than everyone else.
(b) Be a child activist.
(c) Become a writer.
(d) Work in a foster home.
5. What does the strange man mouth to Bob while standing outside the nursery window?
6. How does Laura get her admirer's name?
(a) Someone at the restaurant knew him.
(b) Stefan gives it to her.
(c) Address on a box.
(d) Credit card slip.
7. What is the third figurine holding that is found on Laura's doorstep?
(a) A basket.
(b) A banjo.
(c) A drum.
(d) A giant flower.
8. Why do the Ackerson twins say no one says anything against Sheener?
(a) Sheener would kill them.
(b) The facility covers it up.
(c) The kids move out too fast.
(d) No one believes children.
9. Where did Danny and Laura spend their first anniversary?
(a) In the Bahamas.
(b) Motel 6.
10. What does Laura hear about that happened at that McIlroy house?
(a) A suicide.
(b) An explosion.
(c) A fight that ended with students dying.
(d) A fire.
11. What does the blond-haired man do as he touches Laura's cheek?
12. What had Thelma gone to do after college?
(a) Started truck driving.
(b) Go into stand up comedy.
(c) Began traveling the country.
(d) Went to nursing school.
13. Why could Laura not stay and live with the Lance family?
(a) They were sick.
(b) The state would not allow it.
(c) They were too old.
(d) Bob hadn't had a proper will made out.
14. What does Bob realize about the man that comes in to rob his store?
(a) His father is the chief of police.
(b) He used to work for Bob.
(c) He is a junkie.
(d) He is wanted for murder.
15. What does the note say that Markwell will do if he doesn't stop drinking?
(a) Die of liver failure.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Kill more patients.
(d) Die of a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kokschka wondering while he looks at Laura in Chapter 1?
2. What does Laura find when she reaches the twins' room?
3. What happens when Nina comes in and sees Laura lying under Sheener's body?
4. When Bob holds his baby girl, how does she look?
5. What does Stefan see that sickens him?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)