|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the blond-haired man do as he touches Laura's cheek?
2. What do the Teagels agree is the purpose of having an adoptive child?
(a) Having someone to mold the way they see fit.
(b) Having a servant.
(c) To use as a show pony.
(d) Providing a loving household.
3. What is Bob experiencing while he sits in the maternity ward lounge?
(d) Stomach cramps.
4. What does the blue-eyed man ask Markwell about Dr. Carlson?
(a) If he is older or younger.
(b) How many babies he has delivered.
(c) If he has seen Mrs. Shane before.
(d) If he is a good man.
5. What does Stefan notice about Sheener's home that is odd?
(a) All the food looks like it was bought by a child.
(b) The pictures are all of small children playing.
(c) There is play dough everywhere.
(d) There are finger paints on the wall.
6. What does Danny do after reading Laura's book, Shadrach?
(a) Threatens to divorce her if she publishes it.
(b) Buys Laura a very expensive bowl.
(c) Buys Laura a new couch.
(d) Buys a new car.
7. Where does Laura find the second figurine?
(a) On the dash of her car.
(b) In her coat pocket.
(c) In her bedroom.
(d) In her backpack.
8. What do the Ackerson twins say that Sheener usually does?
(a) Offers candy.
(b) Offers to make them feel pretty.
(c) Asks them to help him with a special chore.
(d) Asks if he can brush their hair.
9. What does Mrs. Browmaine tell the girls about Tammy?
(a) That Tammy can't be in any other room.
(b) That Tammy needs friends.
(c) That Tammy is sick.
(d) That Tammy is depressed.
10. What does Laura tell Thelma her reaction to receiving all the figurines is?
11. What does the note say that Markwell will do if he doesn't stop drinking?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill more patients.
(c) Die of a heart attack.
(d) Die of liver failure.
12. What does Daniel tell Laura as he is leaving her apartment after their first date?
(a) She is too good looking.
(b) He is hers forever.
(c) He asks her to marry him.
(d) She is an angel.
13. What is the third figurine holding that is found on Laura's doorstep?
(a) A basket.
(b) A drum.
(c) A banjo.
(d) A giant flower.
14. What kind of stockbroker does Danny say that he is?
(a) First rate.
(c) Not good at all.
(d) Brand new.
15. What do the Dockwilers explain is wrong with Nina?
(a) She has a bum heart.
(b) She is diabetic.
(c) She had cancer.
(d) She has stupidity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Markwell feel about the thought of ending his career because of malpractice?
2. What does the man with blue eyes tell Dr. Markwell is the reason that he isn't going to put a gag in Markwell's mouth?
3. What does Dr. Carlson say about the baby girl's hair?
4. What do the kids call Sheener?
5. What does Kokoschka say to Laura in the cemetery?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)