|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bob experiencing while he sits in the maternity ward lounge?
(a) Stomach cramps.
2. What does Kokoschka say to Laura in the cemetery?
(a) You will be mine.
(b) You will be with your mother and father soon enough.
(c) Why you?
(d) He will fail.
3. What does Laura decide that she wants to do when she grows up while staying with the Teagel family?
(a) Be a child activist.
(b) Become a writer.
(c) Bigger than everyone else.
(d) Work in a foster home.
4. What does Daniel tell Laura as he is leaving her apartment after their first date?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He is hers forever.
(c) She is too good looking.
(d) She is an angel.
5. What does Daniel tell Laura is the reason that he can't talk to beautiful women?
(a) His mother was beautiful but cold and rejecting.
(b) His stomach turns upside down at the sight of them.
(c) His mother was plain and that is all he knows.
(d) He isn't sure.
6. How old is Laura when her father dies?
7. What does Tammy do when it becomes obvious that Sheener no longer wants her, only Laura?
(a) Tammy hits Laura.
(b) Tammy destroys Laura's books.
(c) Tammy destorys Laura's clothes.
(d) Tammy urinates on Laura's bed.
8. When Bob holds his baby girl, how does she look?
9. What is Laura supposed to do while Danny supports them?
(a) Raises the kids.
(b) Finish school.
(c) Finish her first book.
(d) Open a shelter for under privilaged children.
10. What does Laura say when asked how much she likes being at McIlroy?
(a) She explains about Sheener.
(b) She lies.
(c) She asks if she can be transfered to somewhere else.
(d) She explains how much she hates it.
11. Where does the blue-eyed man leave the note for Markwell?
(a) On Markwell's bar mirror.
(b) To the front door.
(c) To Lenny's picture.
(d) On a liquor bottle.
12. What does the blue-eyed man ask Markwell about Dr. Carlson?
(a) How many babies he has delivered.
(b) If he is older or younger.
(c) If he has seen Mrs. Shane before.
(d) If he is a good man.
13. What does Dr. Carlson say about the baby girl's hair?
(a) Her hair is thick and brown.
(b) She is bald.
(c) It is curly and blond.
(d) She has a few red hairs standing out.
14. When Laura is sent back home to the McIlory house what does her new roommate say she is going to be when she grows up?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A stay at home mom.
(c) A lawyer so she can help her parents.
(d) An accountant.
15. What does the strange man mouth to Bob while standing outside the nursery window?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura ask Daniel when he answers his door?
2. Who is waiting for Laura when she exits Mrs. Bowmain's office?
3. What does the blond-haired man do as he touches Laura's cheek?
4. What poet does Stefan quote to Viktor?
5. What does Kokoschka discover is the reason that Stefan chose to save Laura?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)