|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura ask Daniel when he answers his door?
(a) Are you a sicko?
(b) Can I come in?
(c) Is there a point to all this?
2. What does the man with blue eyes tell Dr. Markwell is the reason that he isn't going to put a gag in Markwell's mouth?
(a) Because Markwell might vomit and choke to death.
(b) Because Markwell is hyperventilating.
(c) He doesn't have a rag.
(d) Because he needs to ask Markwell some questions.
3. What does Sheener say when he catches Laura at her foster home?
(a) He asks her if she wants some candy.
(b) He wants to know who it was that beat him.
(c) He tells her she belongs to him now.
(d) He wants to know why she is so special.
4. What does Markwell notice about the strange man's eyes?
(a) They are a beautiful blue shade.
(b) They are black.
(c) One was blue and the other was green.
(d) He didn't seem to have eyes.
5. What does Laura tell Daniel that she is going to do with his toads?
(a) Set them on fire and wipe her butt with the ashes.
(b) Throw them away.
(c) Mail them back.
(d) Burn them.
6. What does Laura find when she reaches the twins' room?
(a) The room is completely gone.
(b) There are three body bags in the room.
(c) The twins are in the room.
(d) The room has been on fire.
7. How long did Danny and Laura date before getting married?
(a) A year and a half.
(b) Five years.
(c) Nearly ten years.
(d) Five months.
8. What does Laura receive in the mail on her twenty-first birthday?
(a) A cat.
(b) A mole.
(c) A toad.
(d) A butterfly.
9. What does Stefan do to the owner of the Jeep that he steals?
(a) He never sees the owner.
(b) Ties him up.
(c) Shoots him in the foot.
(d) Hits him in the head with the end of the gun.
10. How does Laura get her admirer's name?
(a) Address on a box.
(b) Credit card slip.
(c) Stefan gives it to her.
(d) Someone at the restaurant knew him.
11. What does Laura find underneath her pillow when she goes to make her bed?
(a) A new book.
(b) A note from her guardian angel.
(c) A tootsie roll.
(d) A photograph.
12. What do the Ackerson twins say that Sheener usually does?
(a) Asks if he can brush their hair.
(b) Offers candy.
(c) Asks them to help him with a special chore.
(d) Offers to make them feel pretty.
13. How does Dr. Markwell feel about the thought of ending his career because of malpractice?
(a) He is afraid of it.
(b) He doesn't think of it at all.
(c) He is looking forward to it.
(d) He believes it will never happen.
14. What does the blue-eyed man ask Markwell about Dr. Carlson?
(a) How many babies he has delivered.
(b) If he has seen Mrs. Shane before.
(c) If he is older or younger.
(d) If he is a good man.
15. What does the blond-haired man do as he touches Laura's cheek?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura say she believes has stopped in her life while talking to Thelma at Laura's wedding?
2. What does Bob realize about the man that comes in to rob his store?
3. What does Kokoschka say to Laura in the cemetery?
4. What happens when Nina comes in and sees Laura lying under Sheener's body?
5. What is Kokschka wondering while he looks at Laura in Chapter 1?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)