Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Danny and Laura spend their first anniversary?
(a) Motel 6.
(d) In the Bahamas.
2. What happens when Nina comes in and sees Laura lying under Sheener's body?
(a) She dies of a heart attack.
(b) She tells Laura she must leave.
(c) She screams and runs out of the house.
(d) She goes for a gun and shoots Sheener.
3. What does Sheener tell Laura as she leaves up the stairs?
(a) That she will be his.
(b) That she and he are going to be friends.
(c) That he has a big tootsie roll for her.
(d) That she can't ignore him forever.
4. When Laura is sent back home to the McIlory house what does her new roommate say she is going to be when she grows up?
(a) A doctor.
(b) An accountant.
(c) A lawyer so she can help her parents.
(d) A stay at home mom.
5. What happens to Laura's father?
(b) Heart attack.
(d) Hit by a car.
6. What does the man with blue eyes tell Dr. Markwell is the reason that he isn't going to put a gag in Markwell's mouth?
(a) He doesn't have a rag.
(b) Because he needs to ask Markwell some questions.
(c) Because Markwell might vomit and choke to death.
(d) Because Markwell is hyperventilating.
7. What do the Dockwilers explain is wrong with Nina?
(a) She has a bum heart.
(b) She is diabetic.
(c) She has stupidity.
(d) She had cancer.
8. What had Stefan's initial plan been when he set out to save Laura, Danny, and Chris in Chapter 3?
(a) He didn't have a plan yet.
(b) To clear the roads.
(c) To stall them at their house until the danger passed.
(d) To down a powerline so they would have to take an alternate route.
9. What do the Ackerson twins say that they did in order to get sent to McIlroy?
(a) Started fights.
(b) Ran away.
(c) Break things and sulk.
(d) Screamed at the teachers.
10. What does the blond-haired man do as he touches Laura's cheek?
11. What does the blue-eyed man ask Markwell about Dr. Carlson?
(a) If he is older or younger.
(b) If he is a good man.
(c) How many babies he has delivered.
(d) If he has seen Mrs. Shane before.
12. What does Laura receive in the mail on her twenty-first birthday?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A mole.
(c) A cat.
(d) A toad.
13. When Bob holds his baby girl, how does she look?
14. What does the blue-eyed man tell the nurse when he calls the hospital?
(a) That Markwell had a wreck.
(b) That the storm is too bad for Markwell to come in.
(c) That Markwell has had an attack.
(d) That Markwell is drunk and has been drinking a lot lately.
15. What does Laura tell Daniel that she is going to do with his toads?
(a) Mail them back.
(b) Throw them away.
(c) Burn them.
(d) Set them on fire and wipe her butt with the ashes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Ackerson twins say no one says anything against Sheener?
2. What does Dr. Carlson say about the baby girl?
3. How does Sheener change when he returns to work after missing several days?
4. What is Kokschka wondering while he looks at Laura in Chapter 1?
5. How much money does Shadrach eventually go for?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)