|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poet does Stefan quote to Viktor?
(a) T.S. Eliot.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) C.S. Lewis.
(d) Robert Frost.
2. What does Laura tell Thelma about Christopher's delivery?
(a) They had to take him C-section.
(b) It wasn't so bad, you just had to wait on the stork.
(c) She nearly died.
(d) It will be their only child.
3. What happened the night that Laura Shane was born?
(a) A storm.
(b) A massive car accident.
(c) A flood.
(d) A tornado.
4. What did Lenny die of?
(d) Scarlet fever.
5. What does Kokoschka say to Laura in the cemetery?
(a) You will be mine.
(b) He will fail.
(c) Why you?
(d) You will be with your mother and father soon enough.
6. What does Laura tell Thelma her reaction to receiving all the figurines is?
7. What does Daniel tell Laura as he is leaving her apartment after their first date?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He is hers forever.
(c) She is an angel.
(d) She is too good looking.
8. What does Kokoschka discover is the reason that Stefan chose to save Laura?
(a) She has the potential to change the whole future.
(b) She carries an antidote to their sickness.
(c) She was just a personal crusade of Stefan's.
(d) She is the woman he falls in love with.
9. What does Danny do after reading Laura's book, Shadrach?
(a) Buys Laura a very expensive bowl.
(b) Buys Laura a new couch.
(c) Threatens to divorce her if she publishes it.
(d) Buys a new car.
10. What does the strange man mouth to Bob while standing outside the nursery window?
11. What does the blue-eyed man tell Markwell is his trouble?
(a) Markwell never had to struggle for anything.
(b) Markwell thinks he is better than everyone else.
(c) Markwell had let himself hide from his son's death.
(d) Markwell was a hypocrite.
12. What does Laura find when she reaches the twins' room?
(a) There are three body bags in the room.
(b) The twins are in the room.
(c) The room is completely gone.
(d) The room has been on fire.
13. Who does Bob tell Laura the toad is on business for?
(a) The president.
(b) The queen.
(c) The government.
(d) The king.
14. What does Laura say she believes has stopped in her life while talking to Thelma at Laura's wedding?
(c) Her world falling apart.
(d) Life being against her.
15. What does Laura say that life is when asked by the therapist?
(a) Nothing to worry about.
(b) Sad with moments of hope.
(c) Both serious and a comedy.
(d) Just a dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the kids call Sheener?
2. At the end of Chapter 1 what does Stefan dream of?
3. When Bob holds his baby girl, how does she look?
4. What does the blue-eyed man say when Markwell says 'I still don't know who you are.'? (page 20)
5. What does Sheener tell Laura as she leaves up the stairs?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)