|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Browmain tell Laura that she is going to have her do?
(a) Clean the bathrooms.
(b) Go to a new foster family.
(c) Stay in her room alone since Laura's roommate has left.
(d) Have a room in a new building for just one person.
2. What does Laura realize that Sheener is showing when he looks at her now?
(b) Even more desire.
(d) An empty blank stare.
3. What does Laura say she believes has stopped in her life while talking to Thelma at Laura's wedding?
(a) Her world falling apart.
(c) Life being against her.
4. What is the third figurine holding that is found on Laura's doorstep?
(a) A basket.
(b) A drum.
(c) A banjo.
(d) A giant flower.
5. What does Laura hear about that happened at that McIlroy house?
(a) A fight that ended with students dying.
(b) An explosion.
(c) A fire.
(d) A suicide.
6. What does the blond-haired man tell Bob is the reason that he was there?
(a) He happened along.
(b) He has been following that man.
(c) He needed milk.
(d) Watching him and Laura.
7. What does Laura decide that she wants to do when she grows up while staying with the Teagel family?
(a) Bigger than everyone else.
(b) Become a writer.
(c) Be a child activist.
(d) Work in a foster home.
8. What does Markwell notice about the strange man's eyes?
(a) He didn't seem to have eyes.
(b) They are a beautiful blue shade.
(c) They are black.
(d) One was blue and the other was green.
9. What does Dr. Carlson say about the baby girl's hair?
(a) She is bald.
(b) It is curly and blond.
(c) She has a few red hairs standing out.
(d) Her hair is thick and brown.
10. How does Laura get her admirer's name?
(a) Someone at the restaurant knew him.
(b) Credit card slip.
(c) Stefan gives it to her.
(d) Address on a box.
11. What does Stefan notice about Sheener's home that is odd?
(a) There is play dough everywhere.
(b) There are finger paints on the wall.
(c) All the food looks like it was bought by a child.
(d) The pictures are all of small children playing.
12. At the end of Chapter 1 what does Stefan dream of?
(a) The gate.
(d) The animals at the lab.
13. What is Laura supposed to do while Danny supports them?
(a) Finish school.
(b) Raises the kids.
(c) Finish her first book.
(d) Open a shelter for under privilaged children.
14. What does Dr. Carlson say about the baby girl?
(a) She is a little small.
(b) She has an odd birthmark.
(c) She has a cleft pallet.
(d) She is an exceptionally beautiful baby.
15. What does Bob realize about the man that comes in to rob his store?
(a) He used to work for Bob.
(b) He is wanted for murder.
(c) He is a junkie.
(d) His father is the chief of police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man with blue eyes tell Dr. Markwell is the reason that he isn't going to put a gag in Markwell's mouth?
2. What does Tammy say when she hears the Ackerson twins and Laura talking bad about Sheener?
3. When Laura is sent back home to the McIlory house what does her new roommate say she is going to be when she grows up?
4. What does the blue-eyed man ask Markwell about Dr. Carlson?
5. What does Kokoschka discover is the reason that Stefan chose to save Laura?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)