|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura decide that she wants to do when she grows up while staying with the Teagel family?
(a) Bigger than everyone else.
(b) Become a writer.
(c) Work in a foster home.
(d) Be a child activist.
2. What does Laura find underneath her pillow when she goes to make her bed?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A new book.
(c) A tootsie roll.
(d) A note from her guardian angel.
3. What does the blue-eyed man tell Markwell is his trouble?
(a) Markwell thinks he is better than everyone else.
(b) Markwell never had to struggle for anything.
(c) Markwell had let himself hide from his son's death.
(d) Markwell was a hypocrite.
4. What does the note say that Markwell will do if he doesn't stop drinking?
(a) Die of liver failure.
(b) Die of a heart attack.
(c) Kill more patients.
(d) Kill himself.
5. What does Laura say that life is when asked by the therapist?
(a) Nothing to worry about.
(b) Just a dream.
(c) Both serious and a comedy.
(d) Sad with moments of hope.
6. What do the Ackerson girls explain is the reason that Mrs. Browmain asked if Laura could be trusted alone?
(a) Because some kids try suicide.
(b) Some kids destroy their rooms.
(c) Some kids try to run away.
(d) Some kids have started fires.
7. At the end of Chapter 1 what does Stefan dream of?
(a) The gate.
(d) The animals at the lab.
8. How does Dr. Markwell feel about the thought of ending his career because of malpractice?
(a) He is looking forward to it.
(b) He doesn't think of it at all.
(c) He is afraid of it.
(d) He believes it will never happen.
9. What do the Ackerson twins say that Sheener usually does?
(a) Asks if he can brush their hair.
(b) Offers to make them feel pretty.
(c) Offers candy.
(d) Asks them to help him with a special chore.
10. What scale does Danny use to describe how good Shadrach is?
(a) A star scale.
(b) An Itallian restaurant versus a mexican restuarant scale.
(c) An umbrella turned upside down scale.
(d) A toad scale.
11. What does Laura ask Daniel when he answers his door?
(b) Is there a point to all this?
(c) Are you a sicko?
(d) Can I come in?
12. What do the Ackerson twins say that they did in order to get sent to McIlroy?
(a) Started fights.
(b) Break things and sulk.
(c) Screamed at the teachers.
(d) Ran away.
13. What does Daniel tell Laura is the reason that he can't talk to beautiful women?
(a) His mother was plain and that is all he knows.
(b) His stomach turns upside down at the sight of them.
(c) He isn't sure.
(d) His mother was beautiful but cold and rejecting.
14. What does Mrs. Browmaine tell the girls about Tammy?
(a) That Tammy needs friends.
(b) That Tammy is sick.
(c) That Tammy can't be in any other room.
(d) That Tammy is depressed.
15. What do the kids call Sheener?
(a) The Eel.
(b) Mr. Perv.
(c) The Jerk.
(d) The Monster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the blond-haired man do as he touches Laura's cheek?
2. How much is the initial offer on Laura's book, Shadrach?
3. Where does the blue-eyed man leave the note for Markwell?
4. What does Laura tell Thelma about Christopher's delivery?
5. What does Laura find when she reaches the twins' room?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)