|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Ackerson twins say no one says anything against Sheener?
(a) No one believes children.
(b) Sheener would kill them.
(c) The facility covers it up.
(d) The kids move out too fast.
2. What had Thelma gone to do after college?
(a) Went to nursing school.
(b) Go into stand up comedy.
(c) Began traveling the country.
(d) Started truck driving.
3. What does Stefan do to the owner of the Jeep that he steals?
(a) Hits him in the head with the end of the gun.
(b) Ties him up.
(c) Shoots him in the foot.
(d) He never sees the owner.
4. How much money does Shadrach eventually go for?
(a) Three hundred and sixty thousand.
(b) One million, two hundred and twenty-five thousand.
(c) Someone stole it.
(d) Two hundred thousand.
5. What does Flora Teagel remain obsessed with while Laura is there?
(a) Picture puzzles.
(b) Crossword puzzles.
6. What does Laura say she believes has stopped in her life while talking to Thelma at Laura's wedding?
(a) Life being against her.
(c) Her world falling apart.
7. When Bob holds his baby girl, how does she look?
8. What does Sheener say when he catches Laura at her foster home?
(a) He asks her if she wants some candy.
(b) He wants to know who it was that beat him.
(c) He tells her she belongs to him now.
(d) He wants to know why she is so special.
9. What does Kokoschka say he needs to know before he kills Laura?
(a) The way to kill her.
(b) How to get to Stefan.
(c) When she needs to die.
(d) The plan that she plays in Stefan's plans.
10. What does the blue-eyed man ask Markwell about Dr. Carlson?
(a) If he has seen Mrs. Shane before.
(b) If he is older or younger.
(c) How many babies he has delivered.
(d) If he is a good man.
11. What does Laura decide that she wants to do when she grows up while staying with the Teagel family?
(a) Become a writer.
(b) Be a child activist.
(c) Bigger than everyone else.
(d) Work in a foster home.
12. What does Laura say when asked how much she likes being at McIlroy?
(a) She explains how much she hates it.
(b) She lies.
(c) She explains about Sheener.
(d) She asks if she can be transfered to somewhere else.
13. How long does Kokschka know it will be before he sees Laura again?
(a) More than eight years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Only a day for him.
(d) Eighteen years exactly.
14. What does Daniel tell Laura is the reason that he can't talk to beautiful women?
(a) His mother was beautiful but cold and rejecting.
(b) His stomach turns upside down at the sight of them.
(c) His mother was plain and that is all he knows.
(d) He isn't sure.
15. What does Dr. Carlson say about the baby girl's hair?
(a) Her hair is thick and brown.
(b) It is curly and blond.
(c) She has a few red hairs standing out.
(d) She is bald.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura find underneath her pillow when she goes to make her bed?
2. What do the kids call Sheener?
3. Who is waiting for Laura when she exits Mrs. Bowmain's office?
4. What do the Ackerson twins say that Sheener usually does?
5. What happened the night that Laura Shane was born?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)