|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the blue-eyed man leave the note for Markwell?
(a) To the front door.
(b) To Lenny's picture.
(c) On a liquor bottle.
(d) On Markwell's bar mirror.
2. When Bob holds his baby girl, how does she look?
3. What does Danny do after reading Laura's book, Shadrach?
(a) Buys Laura a new couch.
(b) Buys a new car.
(c) Buys Laura a very expensive bowl.
(d) Threatens to divorce her if she publishes it.
4. What does Laura tell Thelma her reaction to receiving all the figurines is?
5. What do the Ackerson girls explain is the reason that Mrs. Browmain asked if Laura could be trusted alone?
(a) Because some kids try suicide.
(b) Some kids have started fires.
(c) Some kids try to run away.
(d) Some kids destroy their rooms.
6. What does Stefan see that sickens him?
(a) Laura being murdered.
(b) Willy Sheener raping Laura.
(c) Laura being hit by a train.
(d) Willy Sheener kidnapping Laura.
7. What is Bob experiencing while he sits in the maternity ward lounge?
(c) Stomach cramps.
8. What does the man with blue eyes tell Dr. Markwell is the reason that he isn't going to put a gag in Markwell's mouth?
(a) Because he needs to ask Markwell some questions.
(b) Because Markwell might vomit and choke to death.
(c) He doesn't have a rag.
(d) Because Markwell is hyperventilating.
9. What does Laura say she believes has stopped in her life while talking to Thelma at Laura's wedding?
(b) Life being against her.
(d) Her world falling apart.
10. What does Laura receive in the mail on her twenty-first birthday?
(a) A toad.
(b) A cat.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A mole.
11. What kind of stockbroker does Danny say that he is?
(b) Brand new.
(c) Not good at all.
(d) First rate.
12. What does Stefan notice about Sheener's home that is odd?
(a) There are finger paints on the wall.
(b) There is play dough everywhere.
(c) All the food looks like it was bought by a child.
(d) The pictures are all of small children playing.
13. What had Thelma gone to do after college?
(a) Went to nursing school.
(b) Started truck driving.
(c) Go into stand up comedy.
(d) Began traveling the country.
14. What do the Ackerson twins say that they did in order to get sent to McIlroy?
(a) Started fights.
(b) Break things and sulk.
(c) Screamed at the teachers.
(d) Ran away.
15. What does Markwell notice about the strange man's eyes?
(a) They are black.
(b) They are a beautiful blue shade.
(c) He didn't seem to have eyes.
(d) One was blue and the other was green.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third figurine holding that is found on Laura's doorstep?
2. What do the kids call Sheener?
3. What does Stefan do to the owner of the Jeep that he steals?
4. What does the blond-haired man tell Bob is the reason that he was there?
5. Why could Laura not stay and live with the Lance family?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)