|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura tell Daniel that she is going to do with his toads?
(a) Burn them.
(b) Throw them away.
(c) Mail them back.
(d) Set them on fire and wipe her butt with the ashes.
2. What does Mrs. Browmain tell Laura that she is going to have her do?
(a) Have a room in a new building for just one person.
(b) Go to a new foster family.
(c) Stay in her room alone since Laura's roommate has left.
(d) Clean the bathrooms.
3. What does the strange man mouth to Bob while standing outside the nursery window?
4. At the end of Chapter 1 what does Stefan dream of?
(b) The animals at the lab.
(c) The gate.
5. What did Lenny die of?
(b) Scarlet fever.
6. What does Laura find when she reaches the twins' room?
(a) The room has been on fire.
(b) The twins are in the room.
(c) The room is completely gone.
(d) There are three body bags in the room.
7. How old is Laura when her father dies?
8. What does Danny do after reading Laura's book, Shadrach?
(a) Buys Laura a very expensive bowl.
(b) Buys Laura a new couch.
(c) Buys a new car.
(d) Threatens to divorce her if she publishes it.
9. What does Daniel tell Laura is the reason for giving her all the frogs?
(a) His mother had had a frog collection.
(b) He loves frogs.
(c) He loves her.
(d) Her story spoke to him.
10. What does Laura decide that she wants to do when she grows up while staying with the Teagel family?
(a) Become a writer.
(b) Be a child activist.
(c) Work in a foster home.
(d) Bigger than everyone else.
11. What does Markwell notice about the strange man's eyes?
(a) He didn't seem to have eyes.
(b) One was blue and the other was green.
(c) They are a beautiful blue shade.
(d) They are black.
12. What does the Teagels' daughter explain is the reason she can't do chores?
(a) She doesn't like chores.
(b) She is too sick.
(c) She is too busy with school work.
(d) She is going to be a movie star and must protect her hands.
13. What does the man tell Laura he is?
(a) A real good shot.
(b) Guardian angel.
(c) Good guy.
14. Who is waiting for Laura when she exits Mrs. Bowmain's office?
(a) The Ackerson twins.
15. What is Bob experiencing while he sits in the maternity ward lounge?
(a) Stomach cramps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Ackerson twins say no one says anything against Sheener?
2. What does Daniel tell Laura is the reason that he can't talk to beautiful women?
3. What do the Ackerson twins say that they did in order to get sent to McIlroy?
4. What does Thelma say that Laura's admirer might turn out to be?
5. What does Laura say she believes has stopped in her life while talking to Thelma at Laura's wedding?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)