|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomas feel the first day he reports to the window washing job?
(a) He feels anxiety.
(b) He feels shock.
(c) He feels fear.
(d) He feels disappointment.
2. The image of the abandoned child Tomas has of Tereza reflects on which ancient myth?
(a) Sophocles' Oedipus.
(b) Sophocles' Antigone.
(c) Sophocles' Philoctetes.
(d) Sophocles' Electra.
3. What is the one thing Tomas associates the words "helping people" with?
4. Why does Tereza respond as she does to the engineer's advances?
(a) She doesn't want the engineer to fall in love with her.
(b) She wants to stop herself from making a mistake.
(c) She refuses to take any responsibility for what is happening.
(d) She hopes to quickly get through the experience.
5. In Part 5, Chapter 27, what does Tereza find in the farm worker's face that she had not seen in ages?
(a) Someone wise.
(b) Someone broken.
(c) Someone kind.
(d) Someone very tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tereza's and Tomas's love supported on?
2. For Karenin, everything that comes from Tereza...
3. What type of work does Tomas do on the farm?
4. What is the only reason Simon becomes involved with the editor?
5. What does Tereza do the moment after she has sex with the engineer?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)