|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the hospital, Tomas is considered...
(a) The best surgeon.
(b) The most respected doctor.
(c) The best colleague.
(d) The most amiable surgeon.
2. In Tereza's dream, what does Karenin give birth to?
(a) Bees and honey.
(b) Rolls, milk, and butter.
(c) A cow and a pig.
(d) Two rolls and a bee.
3. What does the chief surgeon request of Tomas?
(a) Not to make a public retraction of his past statement.
(b) To consider his family when making a public retraction.
(c) To consider his colleagues when deciding whether or not to make the retraction.
(d) To make a public retraction of his past statement.
4. How does Tomas feel after the petition is published?
(a) He is glad he did not sign.
(b) He wishes he had signed.
(c) He considers writing an article about the petition.
(d) He questions whether or not he should have signed.
5. In Part 4, Chapter 22, Tereza's thoughts about the engineer are...
(a) She prays she will never see him again.
(b) She longs for him to come to the bar and invite her back.
(c) She hopes she could find a way to forget about him.
(d) She wonders if she could leave Tomas for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Soviet films saturated with?
2. What privilege does Tomas want to grant Karenin that is forbidden to humans?
3. What does Franz come to realize is his real life?
4. What is Tereza's and Tomas's love supported on?
5. What expression does Tomas have, when concentrating, that he sees in his son?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)