|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What expression did Tomas have, when concentrating, that he saw in his son?
(a) he twitched his eyes
(b) he slightly moved his nose left to right
(c) he slightly raised the left side of his upper lip
(d) he slightly raised his left brow
2. What did Tomas hint to the doctor after he informed him that he would not retract his statement?
(a) to find him a good job replacement
(b) that a threat by all his colleagues to resign would sufface
(c) to stand up to those pressuring him to make a retraction
(d) to find him another way where he could clear up his name
3. How did Tomas's hospital colleagues react when he saw Tomas at the window shop?
4. In Part 5, Chapter 12, the author states that love begins with a...
(a) happy memories
(b) a surrender
(d) a poetic scene
5. What distinguished the woman Tomas met in chapter 10 from other women?
(a) She was very plump
(b) She was taller than him
(c) She had red hair
(d) She had a masculine voice
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tereza's suggestion about moving to the country do to Tomas?
2. In Part 5, Chapter 7, Tomas recalls how after leaving Zurich for Prague, he felt he...
3. Tomas had come to medicine by...
4. What did Tereza do the moment after she had sex with the engineer?
5. What did the U.S. Senator Sabina was riding with consider happiness?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 13, Tereza has a dream where she admits to the executioner that it wasn't her choice to come to the hill to die. Has she subconsciously renounced responsibility for her actions in order to proceed with what she wants to do?
2. In Part 5, Chapter 12, what incident with one of his lovers, who he always took to his friend's house, causes Tomas to be appalled?
3. Is it Tereza's fault that Tomas had to leave his profession and ended up a truck driver in the country?
4. Prior to suggesting they move there, what experience has Tereza had with country life?
5. In Part 7, Chapter 4, why does Tereza think that her love for Karenin is better than the love between her and Tomas?
6. Why does Tereza yearn to make love to other men?
7. What does Franz realize at the end of his trip to Cambodia?
8. Does Tomas make a mistake by returning to Prague from Zurich?
9. Once she's in his home, how does Tereza behave that announces she does not condone what is happening (the lovemaking) between her and the engineer?
10. When talking to his son, Simon, what is Tomas's attitude about the article he had written?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)