Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Standing in the anteroom, what saves Tereza from the temptation to burst out crying in the engineer's presence, and thus, fall in love with him?
(a) His unpleasant voice.
(b) His arrogance.
(c) His crude manners.
(d) His harsh voice.
2. How does Tomas describe the editor to the man from the Ministry?
(a) He is tall.
(b) He is skinny.
(c) He is short.
(d) He is fat.
3. In Part 5, Chapter 27, what does Tereza find in the farm worker's face that she had not seen in ages?
(a) Someone very tired.
(b) Someone broken.
(c) Someone kind.
(d) Someone wise.
4. In Part 7, What does Tomas catch Tereza doing that upsets him?
(a) Her reading his letters.
(b) Her making a grave for Karenin.
(c) Her giving Karenin chocolate.
(d) Her searching his desk.
5. What does Tereza claim to Tomas during their dance at the hotel bar?
(a) From the start of their relationship, she had tried to get him away from Sabina.
(b) She is very happy they are finally together alone.
(c) It is her fault he ended up in the country.
(d) She regrets having been so jealous all those years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomas end up being a window washer?
2. What is Tereza's and Tomas's love supported on?
3. The man who visits Tomas at the clinic where Tomas is a general practitioner introduces himself as from...
4. What path does Simon take that he believes his father secretly agrees with?
5. The image of the abandoned child Tomas has of Tereza reflects on which ancient myth?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)