|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Tereza stay at Tomas's home for a week during her initial visit?
(a) He invited her to stay
(b) She caem down with the flu
(c) She asked to stay, dreading returning to her mother's home
(d) She sprained her ankle
2. In Part 4, Chapter 1, what aroma did Tereza notice on Tomas's hair?
(a) a woman's groin
3. Why was Tomas attracted to Tereza?
(a) She seemed a child to him
(b) She was submissive
(c) Her beauty was unlike any other
(d) He opened up to her like he did with no one else
4. What incident led Franz to tell his wife about his affair?
(a) Wanting to spend the rest of his life with Sabina
(b) Having an incredible urge to change his life
(c) Hearing his wife's remarks about Sabina's pendant
(d) His wife disrespecting him at the party
5. When they were living in Zunich, what incident caused Tereza to pack her suitcase, take Karenin and leave for Prague while Tomas was at work?
(a) Shes aw Tomas with another woman
(b) Tomas coming home very late when they were to have had dinner together
(c) An unknown woman had called asking for Tomas
(d) A letter from her mother begging her to return to her
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the only time Tereza and Tomas could talk to each other when they worked opposite shifts?
2. Which was NOT one of the fortuities that gave Tereza the courage to leave home and change her fate?
3. What happened to Franz when he started living alone in a tiny flat?
4. What affect did the first week of the Russian occupation have on Tereza?
5. At the party, what did Marie-Claude call Sabina's ceramic pendant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that Tomas and Tereaz met by chance or by fate?
2. Why did Tomas initially reject the Swiss doctor's office to in Switzerland?
3. What were Tereza's dreams about?
4. What did Tereza write in the letter that she'd left for Tomas in Zurich?
5. What does the word "woman" represent for Franz?
6. What were books for Tereza?
7. What did Tereza feel when she stood naked in front of Sabina as Sabina photographed her?
8. Why does Franz take part in every possible demonstration in Paris?
9. What is Sabina's views on conflict?
10. How did Tomas ensure that erotic friendship never grew into the aggression of love?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)