|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the one thing that Tereza's mother did not allow to exist in her home?
2. What does Tereza's mother appear to be casting off with her immodesty?
(a) The communist regime's ways
(b) Her daughter Tereza's modest ways
(c) Youth and beauty
(d) An old fashioned mentality
3. What is the command Tomas uses on both Sabina and Tereza?
(a) Take off your clothes
(b) Get naked
(d) Get undressed
4. What did Sabina like to do when she felt low?
(a) Attend mass
(b) Walk through cemetaries
(c) Walk through gardens
(d) Take a long walk
5. What type of teenager was Tereza?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tereza do with half of the undeveloped roll of films?
2. Where did Tomas and Tereza meet?
3. For Sabina, what did the bowler hat NOT represent?
4. Why did Tereza stay at Tomas's home for a week during her initial visit?
5. What did Sabina do to get back at Tomas for looking at his watch while they made love?
Short Essay Questions
1. What argument does Tereza use when she rejects the offer to take photos of a cactus?
2. Why does Franz take part in every possible demonstration in Paris?
3. How did Tereza react to her mother's phone call telling her she had cancer and only 5 months to live?
4. Describe Tereza's mother:
5. What is Sabina's views on conflict?
6. In Part 3, Chapter 4, how does Sabina feel about her own unfairness towards the immigrants?
7. What happens to Franz after Sabina leaves him for good?
8. In Part 4, Chapter 3, describe the meeting of the the crowd of umbrellas in the street which Tereza encounters.
9. What does the word "woman" represent for Franz?
10. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what is the immigrant's reaction to Sabina's behavior?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)