|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tereza do six to seven months after she and Tomas moved to Switzerland?
(a) Pay Sabina a visit
(b) Get a job as a photographer
(c) Return to live with her mother
(d) Return to Prague
2. What was Tereza training for since childhood?
(a) Falling asleep while in the embrace of the man she loves
(b) During sleep, holding hands of the man she loved
(c) In the morning, buying breakfast for her husband
(d) Stroking her the hair of the man she loved while he lay asleep
3. What did Marie-Claude threaten her husband with twenty years prior?
(a) A divorce
(b) Having an affair
(d) Revenge for an affair he'd had
4. What novel was Tereza reading when she went to visit Tomas?
(a) Pride and Prejudice
(b) Anna Karenina
(c) The Scarlett Letter
(d) War and Peace
5. In Part 3, Chapter 9, what does Sabina do after she and Franz return from Rome?
(a) She asks Tomas to move in with her
(b) She asks Tomas what his future plans with her are
(c) She moves out of her apartment
(d) She tells Tomas she wants to break off the relationship
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tereza's mother appear to be casting off with her immodesty?
2. What did Franz's words about love and strength do to Sabina?
3. Sabina did not share Franz's passion for...
4. Which was NOT one of the fortuities that gave Tereza the courage to leave home and change her fate?
5. In Tereza's eyes, what did books represent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the bowler hat represent for Sabina?
2. Is reaching the lightness of being Sabina's goal?
3. For Franz, what is music?
4. Why did Tomas initially reject the Swiss doctor's office to in Switzerland?
5. Describe Marie-Claude's personality.
6. Why does Franz take part in every possible demonstration in Paris?
7. Describe Franz's love for Sabina.
8. How does Franz expect Marie-Claude to react to his confession about his affairs and how does she actually respond?
9. What happens to Franz after Sabina leaves him for good?
10. In Part 4, Chapter 3, describe the meeting of the the crowd of umbrellas in the street which Tereza encounters.
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)