|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Franz do during sex that Sabina disliked?
(a) He asked if she loved him.
(b) He closed his eyes.
(c) He turned off the light
(d) He told her he loved her
2. What was the first piece of furniture Franz ever bought for himself?
3. What type of teenager was Tereza?
4. In his lifetime, Franz has never...
(a) Fought anyone
(b) Won a fight
(c) Lost a fight
(d) Wanted to fight
5. What does Franz worry about daily?
(a) His wife finding about his mistress
(b) His wife leaving him
(c) His wife having an affair
(d) His mistress leaving him
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tereza's mother when she found Tereza's diary
2. What did Tereza purchase every morning for Karenin?
3. Franz had given up scores of women because of what misunderstanding?
4. What did Sabina do to get back at Tomas for looking at his watch while they made love?
5. What did Franz try to create for the woman he had fallen in love with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the bowler hat represent for Sabina?
2. What does the word "woman" represent for Franz?
3. Describe Tereza's mother:
4. Describe Marie-Claude's personality.
5. What is Sabina's views on conflict?
6. How does Franz expect Marie-Claude to react to his confession about his affairs and how does she actually respond?
7. Why does Franz take part in every possible demonstration in Paris?
8. What type of daughter was Tereza? What was her lifestyle like?
9. Describe Franz's weakness.
10. What argument does Tereza use when she rejects the offer to take photos of a cactus?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)