|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would have caused Tereza to do anything for her mother?
(a) Her mother asking for forgiveness
(b) Her mother having admitted her wrongdoing
(c) Her mother showing any kind of approval for a change
(d) Her mother having asked in a loving voice
2. What is Franz's profession?
3. What did Sabina like to do when she felt low?
(a) Walk through cemetaries
(b) Attend mass
(c) Walk through gardens
(d) Take a long walk
4. What did Tomas initially feel when he discovered Tereza had left for Prague?
5. What did Marie-Claude's say about the serious car accident she once had?
(a) She'd never had more rest than when she was in the hospital
(b) She'd never had more fun than when she was in the hospital
(c) The accident caused her to never want to drive again
(d) The accident helped her appreciate her husband and daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 6, looking in the mirror, why did Tereza feel disgusted by her body?
2. What happened once Tomas followed Tereza to Prague?
3. What was the one thing that Tereza's mother did not allow to exist in her home?
4. Why did Tereza stay at Tomas's home for a week during her initial visit?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 9, what does Sabina do after she and Franz return from Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Franz's love for Sabina.
2. In Part 4, Chapter 3, describe the meeting of the the crowd of umbrellas in the street which Tereza encounters.
3. What argument does Tereza use when she rejects the offer to take photos of a cactus?
4. What did Tereza write in the letter that she'd left for Tomas in Zurich?
5. What is Tereza's relationship with her body?
6. What did Tereza feel when she stood naked in front of Sabina as Sabina photographed her?
7. Is reaching the lightness of being Sabina's goal?
8. What were books for Tereza?
9. Describe Tereza's mother:
10. How does Franz expect Marie-Claude to react to his confession about his affairs and how does she actually respond?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)