|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they were living in Zunich, what incident caused Tereza to pack her suitcase, take Karenin and leave for Prague while Tomas was at work?
(a) Tomas coming home very late when they were to have had dinner together
(b) An unknown woman had called asking for Tomas
(c) Shes aw Tomas with another woman
(d) A letter from her mother begging her to return to her
2. What did Tereza's mother forbid Tereza to do?
(a) Live with Tomas
(b) Go out with friends
(c) Lock the bathroom door
(d) Spend time alone in her room
3. What did Tomas initially feel when he discovered Tereza had left for Prague?
4. In general, what did Sabina have a longing for?
5. What was Marie-Claud's reaction upon hearing of her husband's infidelity?
(a) She was very disturbed
(b) She was not at all disturbed
(c) She laughed it off as if it were a joke
(d) She tried to be calm and collective
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the only time Tereza and Tomas could talk to each other when they worked opposite shifts?
2. Why wouldn't the magazine editor publish Tereza's photographs?
3. Sabina understood Franz's...
4. What is Franz's profession?
5. In his lifetime, Franz has never...
Short Essay Questions
1. What argument does Tereza use when she rejects the offer to take photos of a cactus?
2. "That pendant is ugly," Marie-Claude says to Sabina. Why does she make such a remark?
3. What does the word "woman" represent for Franz?
4. What did the bowler hat represent for Sabina?
5. What were Tereza's dreams about?
6. Describe Tereza's mother:
7. What happens to Franz after Sabina leaves him for good?
8. In Part 3, Chapter 4, how does Sabina feel about her own unfairness towards the immigrants?
9. Why did Tomas initially reject the Swiss doctor's office to in Switzerland?
10. In Part 4, Chapter 3, describe the meeting of the the crowd of umbrellas in the street which Tereza encounters.
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)