|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Karenin hate?
(a) Cold weather
(b) Other animals
2. What happened once Tomas followed Tereza to Prague?
(a) He questioned their love
(b) He was happy to be back in Prague
(c) He apologized for his affairs
(d) He fell deeper in love with her
3. Which was NOT one of the fortuities that gave Tereza the courage to leave home and change her fate?
(b) A necklace
(c) The number 6
(d) The book
4. What was Tereza training for since childhood?
(a) In the morning, buying breakfast for her husband
(b) Falling asleep while in the embrace of the man she loves
(c) Stroking her the hair of the man she loved while he lay asleep
(d) During sleep, holding hands of the man she loved
5. What happened to Tereza's father after her mother left him?
(a) He was imprisoned
(b) He left town
(c) He died in a car accident
(d) He remarried
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sabina unexpectedly meet in the village church?
2. In his lifetime, Franz has never...
3. What world evoked in Sabina a sweet, nostalgic memory of her homeland?
4. What type of teenager was Tereza?
5. What affect did the first week of the Russian occupation have on Tereza?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 4, how does Sabina feel about her own unfairness towards the immigrants?
2. Is reaching the lightness of being Sabina's goal?
3. How did Tomas ensure that erotic friendship never grew into the aggression of love?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what is the immigrant's reaction to Sabina's behavior?
5. What did Tereza feel when she stood naked in front of Sabina as Sabina photographed her?
6. What did the dream about the naked women in the pool, who resembled each other and who were one by one executed by Tomas, represent?
7. How does Franz expect Marie-Claude to react to his confession about his affairs and how does she actually respond?
8. What is Sabina's views on conflict?
9. What did Tereza write in the letter that she'd left for Tomas in Zurich?
10. What did the bowler hat represent for Sabina?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)