|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Franz when he started living alone in a tiny flat?
(a) He stopped loving Sabina and met someone else
(b) He gained the admiration of Sabrina
(c) He eventually gained the respect of his wife and daughter
(d) He stopped being a little boy
2. In Part 4, Chapter 6, looking in the mirror, why did Tereza feel disgusted by her body?
(a) It made her feel like a weak child
(b) It reminded her of her mother
(c) It didn't have the power to become the only body in Tomas's life
(d) Compared to other women in the spa, she had very small breasts with large nipples
3. What feelings did Sabina portray towards the immigrants she sat with?
4. Which was NOT one of the fortuities that gave Tereza the courage to leave home and change her fate?
(a) The number 6
(c) A necklace
(d) The book
5. What did Sabina unexpectedly meet in the village church?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tereza do six to seven months after she and Tomas moved to Switzerland?
2. What does Franz worry about daily?
3. Why did Tereza's mother marryTereza's father
4. What did Franz do during sex that Sabina disliked?
5. After the encounter with the immigrants, which stirred her up quite a bit, how did Sabina react when she saw Franz sitting on a couchette?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tereza write in the letter that she'd left for Tomas in Zurich?
2. How did Tereza react to her mother's phone call telling her she had cancer and only 5 months to live?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what is the immigrant's reaction to Sabina's behavior?
4. Describe Franz's love for Sabina.
5. What is Sabina's views on conflict?
6. In Part 4, Chapter 3, describe the meeting of the the crowd of umbrellas in the street which Tereza encounters.
7. What argument does Tereza use when she rejects the offer to take photos of a cactus?
8. For Franz, what is music?
9. Describe Franz's weakness.
10. Why did Tomas initially reject the Swiss doctor's office to in Switzerland?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)