|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sabina is stirred by her own...
2. What did Franz do during sex that Sabina disliked?
(a) He asked if she loved him.
(b) He closed his eyes.
(c) He turned off the light
(d) He told her he loved her
3. Why did Franz like music?
(a) Music had been part of his life since childhood
(b) It helped him be less of a serious man
(c) His mother was a music lover
(d) Because it had no words
4. Sabina understood Franz's...
(a) Distaste for America
(b) His need to be a part of her world
(c) His love for his wife and daughter
(d) His desire to fight Communism
5. What happened once Tomas followed Tereza to Prague?
(a) He questioned their love
(b) He was happy to be back in Prague
(c) He fell deeper in love with her
(d) He apologized for his affairs
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tomas and Tereza meet?
2. What term did Tereza use to express how she felt about life with her family?
3. What does Marie-Anne and her mother do when they have a party?
4. What affect did the first week of the Russian occupation have on Tereza?
5. What is the meaning of Tereza's secret vice, her long looks and frequent glances in the mirror?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the bowler hat represent for Sabina?
2. Describe Franz's weakness.
3. Describe Marie-Claude's personality.
4. What happens to Franz after Sabina leaves him for good?
5. How did Tereza react to her mother's phone call telling her she had cancer and only 5 months to live?
6. What did Tereza feel when she stood naked in front of Sabina as Sabina photographed her?
7. What did the dream about the naked women in the pool, who resembled each other and who were one by one executed by Tomas, represent?
8. For Franz, what is music?
9. How did Tomas ensure that erotic friendship never grew into the aggression of love?
10. In Part 3, Chapter 4, how does Sabina feel about her own unfairness towards the immigrants?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)