|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incident led Franz to tell his wife about his affair?
(a) Hearing his wife's remarks about Sabina's pendant
(b) Wanting to spend the rest of his life with Sabina
(c) His wife disrespecting him at the party
(d) Having an incredible urge to change his life
2. With regards to love, what was Sabina's nature?
(b) Open and honest
3. Franz had given up scores of women because of what misunderstanding?
(a) He was afraid he could not keep a secret
(b) He had been affraid of wounding his wife
(c) He thought his wife had been faithful to him
(d) He thought being a virtuous and faithful man would help improve his marriage
4. What did Franz try to create for the woman he had fallen in love with?
(a) an adventerous lifestyle that would keep her from getting bored with him
(b) a warm and trusting atmosphere she could always turn to
(c) the perfect relationship, in order that she would never have a reason to leave him
(d) an independent space for her in his life
5. Who helped Tereza better understand photography?
(a) Her mother
(b) The engineer
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tereza remember most of Dubeck's speech, the one he made after his return from Moscow?
2. What is the command Tomas uses on both Sabina and Tereza?
3. What happened at night that caused Tereza to fear that time of the day?
4. In chapter 1, where does Franza want to take Sabina?
5. What novel was Tereza reading when she went to visit Tomas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sabina's views on conflict?
2. How did Tomas ensure that erotic friendship never grew into the aggression of love?
3. In Part 4, Chapter 3, describe the meeting of the the crowd of umbrellas in the street which Tereza encounters.
4. What happens to Franz after Sabina leaves him for good?
5. Is reaching the lightness of being Sabina's goal?
6. How does Franz expect Marie-Claude to react to his confession about his affairs and how does she actually respond?
7. What were books for Tereza?
8. Describe Franz's love for Sabina.
9. For Franz, what is music?
10. Describe Marie-Claude's personality.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)