|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sabina's views of modern music?
(a) She disliked it because it was difficult to dance to
(b) It was loud noise masked as music
(c) She disliked it because it reminded her of the occupation
(d) It lacked the rythm and beat that American music had
2. What did Tereza do six to seven months after she and Tomas moved to Switzerland?
(a) Return to live with her mother
(b) Get a job as a photographer
(c) Pay Sabina a visit
(d) Return to Prague
3. What did Sabina refuse to do in life?
(a) Be unjust
(b) Keep silent
(c) Stir an argument
(d) Deep ranks
4. What did Karenin hate?
(a) Cold weather
(b) Other animals
5. In general, what did Sabina have a longing for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tereza suffer as a result of Tomas's affairs?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what did Sabina say to the distinguished immigrant that upset him?
3. Where did Tomas and Tereza meet?
4. Who did Sabina's bowler hat belong to?
5. What did Franz like to take part in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tereza feel when she stood naked in front of Sabina as Sabina photographed her?
2. What did the bowler hat represent for Sabina?
3. How did Tomas ensure that erotic friendship never grew into the aggression of love?
4. For Franz, what is music?
5. Do you think that Tomas and Tereaz met by chance or by fate?
6. What were books for Tereza?
7. What did Tereza write in the letter that she'd left for Tomas in Zurich?
8. What is Tereza's relationship with her body?
9. In Part 3, Chapter 4, how does Sabina feel about her own unfairness towards the immigrants?
10. Describe Tereza's mother:
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)