|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Franz's profession?
2. Why wouldn't the magazine editor publish Tereza's photographs?
(a) They put his magazine in danger
(b) They were outdated
(c) He did not find them to be good enough
(d) They were vulgar for his taste
3. What was the one thing that Tereza's mother did not allow to exist in her home?
4. What did Sabina refuse to do in life?
(a) Stir an argument
(b) Be unjust
(c) Deep ranks
(d) Keep silent
5. What did Marie-Claude threaten her husband with twenty years prior?
(a) A divorce
(c) Revenge for an affair he'd had
(d) Having an affair
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Tereza visit Sabina's studio?
2. What did Sabina unexpectedly meet in the village church?
3. Who helped Tereza better understand photography?
4. Sabina did not share Franz's passion for...
5. What did Karenin hate?
Short Essay Questions
1. For Franz, what is music?
2. In Part 4, Chapter 3, describe the meeting of the the crowd of umbrellas in the street which Tereza encounters.
3. What were Tereza's dreams about?
4. Is reaching the lightness of being Sabina's goal?
5. How did Tomas ensure that erotic friendship never grew into the aggression of love?
6. How did Tereza react to her mother's phone call telling her she had cancer and only 5 months to live?
7. What did Tereza feel when she stood naked in front of Sabina as Sabina photographed her?
8. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what is the immigrant's reaction to Sabina's behavior?
9. What happens to Franz after Sabina leaves him for good?
10. Do you think that Tomas and Tereaz met by chance or by fate?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)