|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Franz's words about love and strength do to Sabina?
(a) Disqualify him from her life
(b) Made him more attractive in her eyes
(c) Caused her to trust him more than any man she'd ever known
(d) Caused her to question his love
2. In Part 4, Chapter 6, looking in the mirror, why did Tereza feel disgusted by her body?
(a) Compared to other women in the spa, she had very small breasts with large nipples
(b) It didn't have the power to become the only body in Tomas's life
(c) It made her feel like a weak child
(d) It reminded her of her mother
3. What did Marie-Claude do to spend her time while in the hospital?
(a) Read books
(d) Listen to the radio
4. What did Tereza propose to Sabina?
(a) To take nude pictures of her
(b) That they try to be friends, despite everything
(c) That she leave Tomas for good
(d) That she helps her find a job in photography
5. In Part 3, Chapter 9, what does Sabina do after she and Franz return from Rome?
(a) She asks Tomas to move in with her
(b) She tells Tomas she wants to break off the relationship
(c) She asks Tomas what his future plans with her are
(d) She moves out of her apartment
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Tomas attracted to Tereza?
2. What did Franz do during sex that Sabina disliked?
3. After she returned home to her small Czech town, how did Tereza re-enter Tomas's life?
4. Sabina is stirred by her own...
5. What is the meaning of Tereza's secret vice, her long looks and frequent glances in the mirror?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the bowler hat represent for Sabina?
2. Describe Franz's weakness.
3. What were books for Tereza?
4. Is reaching the lightness of being Sabina's goal?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 4, how does Sabina feel about her own unfairness towards the immigrants?
6. Do you think that Tomas and Tereaz met by chance or by fate?
7. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what did Tomas struggle with after Tereza returned to her small Czech town?
8. Why did Tomas initially reject the Swiss doctor's office to in Switzerland?
9. Describe Franz's love for Sabina.
10. What happens to Franz after Sabina leaves him for good?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)