|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Tereza's father after her mother leaves him?
(a) He is imprisoned.
(b) He leaves town.
(c) He dies in a car accident.
(d) He remarries.
2. What type of teenager was Tereza?
(a) She was lazy.
(b) She was proud.
(c) She was rebellious.
(d) She was responsible.
3. Kundera writes that Sabina is stirred by her own...
4. Why is Tomas attracted to Tereza?
(a) Her beauty is unlike any other.
(b) She is submissive.
(c) She seems like a child to him.
(d) He opens up to her like he does with no one else.
5. In Part 3, Chapter 1, where does Franz want to take Sabina?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Franz like music?
2. What does Tereza suffer as a result of Tomas's affairs?
3. How does Marie-Claude pass the time while in the hospital?
4. What did Marie-Claude threaten her husband with twenty years prior?
5. What does Sabina do to get back at Tomas for looking at his watch while they made love?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Simon's relationship with his mother.
2. How could it be interpreted as Tereza's fault that Tomas had to leave his profession and ended up a truck driver in the country?
3. Describe Marie-Claude's personality.
4. In Part 5, Chapter 14, when talking to the editor and his son, Simon, what is Tomas's attitude about the article he had written?
5. How does Franz expect Marie-Claude to react to his confession about his affairs and how does she actually respond?
6. Describe Tomas's work at the clinic.
7. Why does Tomas resign from the clinic?
8. What type of daughter was Tereza? What was her lifestyle like?
9. "That pendant is ugly," Marie-Claude says to Sabina. Why does she make such a remark?
10. For Franz, what is music?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)