Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affect does the first week of the Russian occupation have on Tereza?
(a) It leads her to want to leave Prague for good.
(b) It puts her into a deep depression.
(c) It causes her to tremble out of fear.
(d) It brings her the closest she has ever been to happiness.
2. Who does Sabina's bowler hat belong to?
(b) An old boyfriend.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her grandfather.
3. Where does Tomas first meet Tereza?
(a) He meets her at the train station where she works.
(b) He meets her at a hotel they're both staying at.
(c) He meets her at the hotel restaurant where she works.
(d) He meets her at the bar during his lunch break.
4. What is the first piece of furniture Franz ever buys for himself?
(a) A couch.
(b) A desk.
(c) A table.
(d) A bed.
5. In Part 4, Chapter 6, looking in the mirror, why does Tereza feel disgusted by her body?
(a) Unlike the other women in the spa, she feels she has no curves.
(b) It reminds her of her mother.
(c) It makes her feel like a weak child.
(d) She feels her chest does not look like other women's in the spa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the command Tomas uses on both Sabina and Tereza?
2. Why does Tereza's mother marry Tereza's father?
3. What would cause Tereza to do anything for her mother?
4. What is Franz's attitude when it comes to love and strength?
5. While Tereza lives at home, what does her mother forbid her to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. All her life Sabina has proclaimed kitsch her enemy. But, Kundera asks, hasn't she in fact been carrying it with her? How has Sabina been carrying kitsch with her?
2. In Part 5, Chapter 10, what distinguishes the women who looks like a giraffe and a stork from others?
3. Once she's in his home, how does Tereza behave that announces she does not condone what is happening (the lovemaking) between her and the engineer?
4. What does the ambassador tell Tereza is the three functions of the secret police?
5. What does Franz realize at the end of his trip to Cambodia?
6. In Part 2, Chapter 16, there's a general description of Tereza's dreams. In general, what are her dreams like and what do they represent?
7. Describe why Tomas's return to Prague from Zurich is a mistake?
8. What does Tereza worry would happen if Tomas finds out about her affair with the engineer?
9. Prior to suggesting they move there, what experience has Tereza had with country life?
10. What is Tereza's relationship with her body?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)