|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Tereza stay at Tomas's home for a week during her initial visit?
(a) He invited her to stay
(b) She asked to stay, dreading returning to her mother's home
(c) She sprained her ankle
(d) She caem down with the flu
2. What is the command Tomas uses on both Sabina and Tereza?
(a) Get naked
(b) Get undressed
(d) Take off your clothes
3. What did Tereza do with half of the undeveloped roll of films?
(a) Gave them to foreign journalists
(b) Destroyed them
(c) Hid them from the Russians
(d) Gave them to Sabina
4. Who helped Tereza better understand photography?
(c) The engineer
(d) Her mother
5. In Part 3, Chapter 9, what does Sabina do after she and Franz return from Rome?
(a) She asks Tomas to move in with her
(b) She tells Tomas she wants to break off the relationship
(c) She moves out of her apartment
(d) She asks Tomas what his future plans with her are
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first piece of furniture Franz ever bought for himself?
2. What did Sabina unexpectedly meet in the village church?
3. What did Sabina do to get back at Tomas for looking at his watch while they made love?
4. What was the one thing that Tereza's mother did not allow to exist in her home?
5. What novel was Tereza reading when she went to visit Tomas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is reaching the lightness of being Sabina's goal?
2. Describe Franz's love for Sabina.
3. What argument does Tereza use when she rejects the offer to take photos of a cactus?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what did Tomas struggle with after Tereza returned to her small Czech town?
5. What did the bowler hat represent for Sabina?
6. Describe Tereza's mother:
7. In Part 2, Chapter 29, what were Tereza's first thought when Tomas had come back to Prague because of her?
8. How did Tereza react to her mother's phone call telling her she had cancer and only 5 months to live?
9. What were Tereza's dreams about?
10. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what is the immigrant's reaction to Sabina's behavior?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)