|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Franz's attitude when it comes to love and strength
(a) Strong people don't know how to love
(b) Using one's strength on a loved one is considered violence
(c) Love means renouncing strength
(d) Being in love makes one strong
2. Sabina understood Franz's...
(a) His need to be a part of her world
(b) His desire to fight Communism
(c) Distaste for America
(d) His love for his wife and daughter
3. Who did Sabina's bowler hat belong to?
(a) Her grandfather
(b) An old boyfriend
(c) Her brother
4. What would have caused Tereza to do anything for her mother?
(a) Her mother asking for forgiveness
(b) Her mother having asked in a loving voice
(c) Her mother showing any kind of approval for a change
(d) Her mother having admitted her wrongdoing
5. What did Marie-Claude threaten her husband with twenty years prior?
(a) Having an affair
(b) Revenge for an affair he'd had
(d) A divorce
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Franz like music?
2. Where did Tomas and Tereza meet?
3. What was Tereza training for since childhood?
4. Franz had given up scores of women because of what misunderstanding?
5. Sabina did not share Franz's passion for...
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tereza react to her mother's phone call telling her she had cancer and only 5 months to live?
2. Why does Franz take part in every possible demonstration in Paris?
3. What happens to Franz after Sabina leaves him for good?
4. What argument does Tereza use when she rejects the offer to take photos of a cactus?
5. In Part 4, Chapter 3, describe the meeting of the the crowd of umbrellas in the street which Tereza encounters.
6. Is reaching the lightness of being Sabina's goal?
7. How does Franz expect Marie-Claude to react to his confession about his affairs and how does she actually respond?
8. What type of daughter was Tereza? What was her lifestyle like?
9. Describe Franz's love for Sabina.
10. What is Tereza's relationship with her body?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)