|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Franz's words about love and strength do to Sabina?
(a) Made him more attractive in her eyes
(b) Disqualify him from her life
(c) Caused her to trust him more than any man she'd ever known
(d) Caused her to question his love
2. Who did Sabina's bowler hat belong to?
(a) An old boyfriend
(b) Her grandfather
(d) Her brother
3. What did Tereza do with half of the undeveloped roll of films?
(a) Gave them to Sabina
(b) Hid them from the Russians
(c) Gave them to foreign journalists
(d) Destroyed them
4. What type of teenager was Tereza?
5. At the party, what did Marie-Claude call Sabina's ceramic pendant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What affect did the first week of the Russian occupation have on Tereza?
2. Who did Franz respect and worship?
3. What did Sabina do to get back at Tomas for looking at his watch while they made love?
4. Why was Marie-Claude so rude to Sabina?
5. What happened to Franz when he started living alone in a tiny flat?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 29, what were Tereza's first thought when Tomas had come back to Prague because of her?
2. Do you think that Tomas and Tereaz met by chance or by fate?
3. Describe Marie-Claude's personality.
4. What does the word "woman" represent for Franz?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what is the immigrant's reaction to Sabina's behavior?
6. What did Tereza feel when she stood naked in front of Sabina as Sabina photographed her?
7. What were Tereza's dreams about?
8. In Part 3, Chapter 4, how does Sabina feel about her own unfairness towards the immigrants?
9. What is Sabina's views on conflict?
10. Describe Franz's weakness.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)