|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Franz do during sex that Sabina disliked?
(a) He turned off the light
(b) He closed his eyes.
(c) He asked if she loved him.
(d) He told her he loved her
2. In Tereza's eyes, what did books represent?
(a) A fair and just world
(b) An emblem of the secret brotherhood
(c) A secret world of schools
(d) A world of intellectuals
3. What did Tereza purchase every morning for Karenin?
(a) A bisquit
(b) Slice of cake
(c) A roll
(d) A sandwich
4. When they were living in Zunich, what incident caused Tereza to pack her suitcase, take Karenin and leave for Prague while Tomas was at work?
(a) A letter from her mother begging her to return to her
(b) An unknown woman had called asking for Tomas
(c) Tomas coming home very late when they were to have had dinner together
(d) Shes aw Tomas with another woman
5. What did Marie-Claude's say about the serious car accident she once had?
(a) The accident helped her appreciate her husband and daughter
(b) She'd never had more rest than when she was in the hospital
(c) She'd never had more fun than when she was in the hospital
(d) The accident caused her to never want to drive again
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what did Sabina say to the distinguished immigrant that upset him?
2. What happened once Tomas followed Tereza to Prague?
3. What does Franz worry about daily?
4. What happened to Franz when he started living alone in a tiny flat?
5. In Part 4, Chapter 6, looking in the mirror, why did Tereza feel disgusted by her body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tereza's relationship with her body?
2. What is Sabina's views on conflict?
3. Why does Franz take part in every possible demonstration in Paris?
4. "That pendant is ugly," Marie-Claude says to Sabina. Why does she make such a remark?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what is the immigrant's reaction to Sabina's behavior?
6. Describe Tereza's mother:
7. What did Tereza feel when she stood naked in front of Sabina as Sabina photographed her?
8. In Part 3, Chapter 4, how does Sabina feel about her own unfairness towards the immigrants?
9. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what did Tomas struggle with after Tereza returned to her small Czech town?
10. Is reaching the lightness of being Sabina's goal?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)