|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, chapter 2, why were Sabina and Tomas touched by the sight of the bowler hat?
(a) It was a memnto of Sabrina's father and grandfather
(b) It had been lost and only recently found
(c) It connected them to the depth of their friendship
(d) It reminded tehm of Prague
2. How did Sabina feel about Franz having told his wife of their affair?
3. In Tereza's eyes, what did books represent?
(a) An emblem of the secret brotherhood
(b) A fair and just world
(c) A secret world of schools
(d) A world of intellectuals
4. What does Tereza's mother appear to be casting off with her immodesty?
(a) Youth and beauty
(b) The communist regime's ways
(c) Her daughter Tereza's modest ways
(d) An old fashioned mentality
5. What did Tereza's mother forbid Tereza to do?
(a) Lock the bathroom door
(b) Spend time alone in her room
(c) Live with Tomas
(d) Go out with friends
Short Answer Questions
1. In his lifetime, Franz has never...
2. What did Tereza suffer as a result of Tomas's affairs?
3. Which was NOT one of the fortuities that gave Tereza the courage to leave home and change her fate?
4. What did Sabina do to get back at Tomas for looking at his watch while they made love?
5. What is Franz's attitude when it comes to love and strength
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what is the immigrant's reaction to Sabina's behavior?
2. What argument does Tereza use when she rejects the offer to take photos of a cactus?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 4, how does Sabina feel about her own unfairness towards the immigrants?
4. What did the bowler hat represent for Sabina?
5. "That pendant is ugly," Marie-Claude says to Sabina. Why does she make such a remark?
6. Describe Franz's love for Sabina.
7. Describe Marie-Claude's personality.
8. In Part 2, Chapter 29, what were Tereza's first thought when Tomas had come back to Prague because of her?
9. For Franz, what is music?
10. What did Tereza feel when she stood naked in front of Sabina as Sabina photographed her?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)