|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the party, what did Marie-Claude call Sabina's ceramic pendant?
2. What did Franz say about New York?
(a) Its beauty is unintentional
(b) It is very youthful
(c) The height of its buildings is disturbing
(d) Its beauty is not original
3. In Part 3, Chapter 9, what does Sabina do after she and Franz return from Rome?
(a) She moves out of her apartment
(b) She asks Tomas what his future plans with her are
(c) She tells Tomas she wants to break off the relationship
(d) She asks Tomas to move in with her
4. What affect did the first week of the Russian occupation have on Tereza?
(a) Caused her to tremble out of fear
(b) Put her into a depression
(c) Brought her closest she'd ever been to happiness
(d) Led her to want to leave Prague for good
5. What is the command Tomas uses on both Sabina and Tereza?
(a) Get naked
(b) Take off your clothes
(d) Get undressed
6. Where did Tomas and Tereza meet?
(a) Hotel where they were both staying
(b) Hotel restaurant where Tereza worked
(c) Train stattion where Tomas was departing for Prague
(d) Bar where Tomas hung out during his work breaks
7. Who did Sabina's bowler hat belong to?
(a) An old boyfriend
(b) Her grandfather
(c) Her brother
8. What is Franz's profession?
9. What was Tereza training for since childhood?
(a) Falling asleep while in the embrace of the man she loves
(b) Stroking her the hair of the man she loved while he lay asleep
(c) During sleep, holding hands of the man she loved
(d) In the morning, buying breakfast for her husband
10. What feelings did Sabina portray towards the immigrants she sat with?
11. What does Franz worry about daily?
(a) His wife finding about his mistress
(b) His wife having an affair
(c) His mistress leaving him
(d) His wife leaving him
12. After she returned home to her small Czech town, how did Tereza re-enter Tomas's life?
(a) She came to Prague on a business trip and stayed at his home
(b) They ran into each other at a mutual friend's house
(c) He couldn't stop thinking about her and called her to come visit
(d) She phoned him from the railway station, claiming she was in Prague to find a job
13. What did Sabina do to get back at Tomas for looking at his watch while they made love?
(a) Hide one his socks
(b) Leave lipstick on his shirt
(c) Take away his watch
(d) Spray his jacket with perfume
14. What did Franz do during sex that Sabina disliked?
(a) He asked if she loved him.
(b) He closed his eyes.
(c) He told her he loved her
(d) He turned off the light
15. In his lifetime, Franz has never...
(a) Lost a fight
(b) Fought anyone
(c) Won a fight
(d) Wanted to fight
Short Answer Questions
1. After the encounter with the immigrants, which stirred her up quite a bit, how did Sabina react when she saw Franz sitting on a couchette?
2. What did Tereza's mother forbid Tereza to do?
3. What was Sabina's views of modern music?
4. Which was NOT one of the fortuities that gave Tereza the courage to leave home and change her fate?
5. Sabina is stirred by her own...
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)