|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After she returned home to her small Czech town, how did Tereza re-enter Tomas's life?
(a) They ran into each other at a mutual friend's house
(b) She came to Prague on a business trip and stayed at his home
(c) She phoned him from the railway station, claiming she was in Prague to find a job
(d) He couldn't stop thinking about her and called her to come visit
2. Why was Tomas attracted to Tereza?
(a) She seemed a child to him
(b) Her beauty was unlike any other
(c) She was submissive
(d) He opened up to her like he did with no one else
3. What does Franz worry about daily?
(a) His mistress leaving him
(b) His wife finding about his mistress
(c) His wife leaving him
(d) His wife having an affair
4. What did Marie-Claude's say about the serious car accident she once had?
(a) The accident helped her appreciate her husband and daughter
(b) She'd never had more rest than when she was in the hospital
(c) She'd never had more fun than when she was in the hospital
(d) The accident caused her to never want to drive again
5. What term did Tereza use to express how she felt about life with her family?
(a) concentration camp
(d) boarding house
6. What feelings did Sabina portray towards the immigrants she sat with?
7. What did Karenin hate?
(a) Cold weather
(d) Other animals
8. In Part 4, Chapter 6, looking in the mirror, why did Tereza feel disgusted by her body?
(a) It reminded her of her mother
(b) Compared to other women in the spa, she had very small breasts with large nipples
(c) It made her feel like a weak child
(d) It didn't have the power to become the only body in Tomas's life
9. Why did Tereza refuse the job offer as photographer?
(a) She had no interest photographing cactuses
(b) She didn't like the woman editor at the magazine
(c) She was afraid her job would keep her away from Tomas
(d) She wanted a more prestegious job
10. What is Franz's profession?
11. Where did Tomas and Tereza meet?
(a) Hotel where they were both staying
(b) Bar where Tomas hung out during his work breaks
(c) Train stattion where Tomas was departing for Prague
(d) Hotel restaurant where Tereza worked
12. Who helped Tereza better understand photography?
(c) The engineer
(d) Her mother
13. What did Sabina like to do when she felt low?
(a) Take a long walk
(b) Attend mass
(c) Walk through cemetaries
(d) Walk through gardens
14. What incident led Franz to tell his wife about his affair?
(a) His wife disrespecting him at the party
(b) Hearing his wife's remarks about Sabina's pendant
(c) Wanting to spend the rest of his life with Sabina
(d) Having an incredible urge to change his life
15. What is the command Tomas uses on both Sabina and Tereza?
(b) Get naked
(c) Get undressed
(d) Take off your clothes
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Tereza's father after her mother left him?
2. Why wouldn't the magazine editor publish Tereza's photographs?
3. What did Sabina unexpectedly meet in the village church?
4. Why did Tereza stay at Tomas's home for a week during her initial visit?
5. Why was Marie-Claude so rude to Sabina?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)