|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affect did the first week of the Russian occupation have on Tereza?
(a) Put her into a depression
(b) Brought her closest she'd ever been to happiness
(c) Led her to want to leave Prague for good
(d) Caused her to tremble out of fear
2. What did Franz's words about love and strength do to Sabina?
(a) Made him more attractive in her eyes
(b) Disqualify him from her life
(c) Caused her to question his love
(d) Caused her to trust him more than any man she'd ever known
3. What did Marie-Claude's say about the serious car accident she once had?
(a) She'd never had more fun than when she was in the hospital
(b) She'd never had more rest than when she was in the hospital
(c) The accident caused her to never want to drive again
(d) The accident helped her appreciate her husband and daughter
4. Why did Tereza's mother marryTereza's father
(a) She loved him
(b) She was the best option of her suitors
(c) She got pregnant
(d) She wanted to leave her father's home
5. What did Tereza suffer as a result of Tomas's affairs?
(d) Upset stomachs
6. In his lifetime, Franz has never...
(a) Fought anyone
(b) Lost a fight
(c) Won a fight
(d) Wanted to fight
7. Tereza has a dream where she marches around a pool of naked women who are overjoyed by their sameness. What does this part of her dream represent?
(a) Her fear that one day Tomas will not recognize her from among his many women
(b) Her need to escape her mother's world, where all bodies are equal
(c) The desire to be as strong as other women
(d) The fear that once she has an affair, she will resemble Tomas's other women
8. What did Sabina do to get back at Tomas for looking at his watch while they made love?
(a) Spray his jacket with perfume
(b) Hide one his socks
(c) Leave lipstick on his shirt
(d) Take away his watch
9. What did Franz like to take part in?
(b) Writing political articles
(c) Getting involved with peace organizations
(d) Giving political lectures
10. What did Karenin hate?
(a) Cold weather
(b) Other animals
11. What did Tomas initially feel when he discovered Tereza had left for Prague?
12. What did Tereza propose to Sabina?
(a) To take nude pictures of her
(b) That she leave Tomas for good
(c) That she helps her find a job in photography
(d) That they try to be friends, despite everything
13. Which was NOT one of the fortuities that gave Tereza the courage to leave home and change her fate?
(a) The number 6
(c) The book
(d) A necklace
14. What did Franz do during sex that Sabina disliked?
(a) He told her he loved her
(b) He asked if she loved him.
(c) He turned off the light
(d) He closed his eyes.
15. In Part 4, Chapter 1, what aroma did Tereza notice on Tomas's hair?
(b) a woman's groin
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Tomas attracted to Tereza?
2. What did Marie-Claude do to spend her time while in the hospital?
3. What was the one thing that Tereza's mother did not allow to exist in her home?
4. What type of teenager was Tereza?
5. What did Tereza remember most of Dubeck's speech, the one he made after his return from Moscow?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)