|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the suitors did Tereza's mother choose when she was a young woman?
(a) The one who recited verses
(b) The most manly
(c) The wittiest
(d) The most athletic
2. What did Tereza's mother forbid Tereza to do?
(a) Spend time alone in her room
(b) Live with Tomas
(c) Go out with friends
(d) Lock the bathroom door
3. Sabina did not share Franz's passion for...
4. What did Franz feel with regards to his love for Sabina?
5. What did Franz try to create for the woman he had fallen in love with?
(a) the perfect relationship, in order that she would never have a reason to leave him
(b) an adventerous lifestyle that would keep her from getting bored with him
(c) a warm and trusting atmosphere she could always turn to
(d) an independent space for her in his life
6. What was Marie-Claud's reaction upon hearing of her husband's infidelity?
(a) She tried to be calm and collective
(b) She laughed it off as if it were a joke
(c) She was not at all disturbed
(d) She was very disturbed
7. What did Tereza suffer as a result of Tomas's affairs?
(a) Upset stomachs
8. What type of teenager was Tereza?
9. What was Sabina's views of modern music?
(a) She disliked it because it reminded her of the occupation
(b) It was loud noise masked as music
(c) It lacked the rythm and beat that American music had
(d) She disliked it because it was difficult to dance to
10. Why did Tereza stay at Tomas's home for a week during her initial visit?
(a) She asked to stay, dreading returning to her mother's home
(b) She caem down with the flu
(c) She sprained her ankle
(d) He invited her to stay
11. Why wouldn't the magazine editor publish Tereza's photographs?
(a) They put his magazine in danger
(b) They were outdated
(c) They were vulgar for his taste
(d) He did not find them to be good enough
12. Sabina is stirred by her own...
13. Where did Tomas and Tereza meet?
(a) Bar where Tomas hung out during his work breaks
(b) Train stattion where Tomas was departing for Prague
(c) Hotel where they were both staying
(d) Hotel restaurant where Tereza worked
14. What did Sabina like to do when she felt low?
(a) Take a long walk
(b) Walk through cemetaries
(c) Walk through gardens
(d) Attend mass
15. What did Karenin hate?
(c) Other animals
(d) Cold weather
Short Answer Questions
1. What incident led Franz to tell his wife about his affair?
2. Who did Franz respect and worship?
3. What did Tereza remember most of Dubeck's speech, the one he made after his return from Moscow?
4. When was the only time Tereza and Tomas could talk to each other when they worked opposite shifts?
5. What happened at night that caused Tereza to fear that time of the day?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)