|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sabina do to get back at Tomas for looking at his watch while they made love?
(a) Take away his watch
(b) Hide one his socks
(c) Leave lipstick on his shirt
(d) Spray his jacket with perfume
2. After she returned home to her small Czech town, how did Tereza re-enter Tomas's life?
(a) He couldn't stop thinking about her and called her to come visit
(b) She came to Prague on a business trip and stayed at his home
(c) They ran into each other at a mutual friend's house
(d) She phoned him from the railway station, claiming she was in Prague to find a job
3. What happened to Tereza's father after her mother left him?
(a) He remarried
(b) He was imprisoned
(c) He died in a car accident
(d) He left town
4. What was Marie-Claud's reaction upon hearing of her husband's infidelity?
(a) She was not at all disturbed
(b) She laughed it off as if it were a joke
(c) She was very disturbed
(d) She tried to be calm and collective
5. Where did Tomas and Tereza meet?
(a) Train stattion where Tomas was departing for Prague
(b) Bar where Tomas hung out during his work breaks
(c) Hotel restaurant where Tereza worked
(d) Hotel where they were both staying
6. After the encounter with the immigrants, which stirred her up quite a bit, how did Sabina react when she saw Franz sitting on a couchette?
(a) She threw her arms around him and smothered him with kisses
(b) She was relieved, sat beside him and told him what had happened earlier
(c) She was taken aback and asked to be left alone for a few minutes
(d) She hugged him and begged,
7. What world evoked in Sabina a sweet, nostalgic memory of her homeland?
8. Who did Franz respect and worship?
(a) His mother
(c) His wife
(d) His daughter
9. What was Tereza training for since childhood?
(a) In the morning, buying breakfast for her husband
(b) During sleep, holding hands of the man she loved
(c) Falling asleep while in the embrace of the man she loves
(d) Stroking her the hair of the man she loved while he lay asleep
10. Sabina did not share Franz's passion for...
11. What did Franz feel with regards to his love for Sabina?
12. What feelings did Sabina portray towards the immigrants she sat with?
13. Which was NOT one of the fortuities that gave Tereza the courage to leave home and change her fate?
(a) The book
(c) The number 6
(d) A necklace
14. What does Marie-Anne and her mother do when they have a party?
(a) Sit cross legged on the floor
(b) Walk around barefoot
(c) Make rude remarks to whomever they do not like
(d) Ignore Franz
15. Who helped Tereza better understand photography?
(a) The engineer
(b) Her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 9, what does Sabina do after she and Franz return from Rome?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what did Sabina say to the distinguished immigrant that upset him?
3. Why did Tereza visit Sabina's studio?
4. What did Tereza propose to Sabina?
5. Why did Franz like music?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)