|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Tereza better understand photography?
(a) Her mother
(c) The engineer
2. What happened once Tomas followed Tereza to Prague?
(a) He questioned their love
(b) He fell deeper in love with her
(c) He apologized for his affairs
(d) He was happy to be back in Prague
3. What did Tereza suffer as a result of Tomas's affairs?
(c) Upset stomachs
4. Franz had given up scores of women because of what misunderstanding?
(a) He had been affraid of wounding his wife
(b) He thought his wife had been faithful to him
(c) He was afraid he could not keep a secret
(d) He thought being a virtuous and faithful man would help improve his marriage
5. For Sabina, what did the bowler hat NOT represent?
(a) Reminder of the men whom she'd loved
(b) Reminder of a forgotten grandfather
(c) A sentimental object while she was abroad
(d) Memento of her father
6. What did Tereza purchase every morning for Karenin?
(a) A sandwich
(b) A bisquit
(c) Slice of cake
(d) A roll
7. What type of teenager was Tereza?
8. What did Marie-Claude threaten her husband with twenty years prior?
(a) Revenge for an affair he'd had
(b) Having an affair
(c) A divorce
9. What happened to Tereza's father after her mother left him?
(a) He remarried
(b) He left town
(c) He died in a car accident
(d) He was imprisoned
10. Sabina is stirred by her own...
11. Why did Tereza refuse the job offer as photographer?
(a) She was afraid her job would keep her away from Tomas
(b) She wanted a more prestegious job
(c) She didn't like the woman editor at the magazine
(d) She had no interest photographing cactuses
12. In chapter 1, where does Franza want to take Sabina?
(b) New York
13. What did Tomas initially feel when he discovered Tereza had left for Prague?
14. Where did Tomas and Tereza meet?
(a) Train stattion where Tomas was departing for Prague
(b) Hotel where they were both staying
(c) Hotel restaurant where Tereza worked
(d) Bar where Tomas hung out during his work breaks
15. After the encounter with the immigrants, which stirred her up quite a bit, how did Sabina react when she saw Franz sitting on a couchette?
(a) She hugged him and begged,
(b) She threw her arms around him and smothered him with kisses
(c) She was relieved, sat beside him and told him what had happened earlier
(d) She was taken aback and asked to be left alone for a few minutes
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Tomas jealous at the bar, where he and Tereza met with friends to celebrate Tereza's promotion?
2. In Tereza's eyes, what did books represent?
3. What did Sabina refuse to do in life?
4. How did Tomas avoid falling in love with the women he became intimate with?
5. What did Marie-Claude do to spend her time while in the hospital?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)