|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Tomas jealous at the bar, where he and Tereza met with friends to celebrate Tereza's promotion?
(a) Seeing her leaning against a colleague's shouldes as she talked to him
(b) Noticing Tereza flirt with a colleague
(c) Seeing Tereza talk to a stranger
(d) Watching Tereza dance with a colleague
2. Which was NOT one of the fortuities that gave Tereza the courage to leave home and change her fate?
(a) The book
(b) The number 6
(d) A necklace
3. After the encounter with the immigrants, which stirred her up quite a bit, how did Sabina react when she saw Franz sitting on a couchette?
(a) She hugged him and begged,
(b) She threw her arms around him and smothered him with kisses
(c) She was taken aback and asked to be left alone for a few minutes
(d) She was relieved, sat beside him and told him what had happened earlier
4. What did Sabina refuse to do in life?
(a) Keep silent
(b) Stir an argument
(c) Be unjust
(d) Deep ranks
5. When they were living in Zunich, what incident caused Tereza to pack her suitcase, take Karenin and leave for Prague while Tomas was at work?
(a) An unknown woman had called asking for Tomas
(b) Shes aw Tomas with another woman
(c) Tomas coming home very late when they were to have had dinner together
(d) A letter from her mother begging her to return to her
6. How did Sabina feel about Franz having told his wife of their affair?
7. What affect did the first week of the Russian occupation have on Tereza?
(a) Caused her to tremble out of fear
(b) Led her to want to leave Prague for good
(c) Put her into a depression
(d) Brought her closest she'd ever been to happiness
8. What did Tomas initially feel when he discovered Tereza had left for Prague?
9. Why did Tereza stay at Tomas's home for a week during her initial visit?
(a) She asked to stay, dreading returning to her mother's home
(b) She sprained her ankle
(c) He invited her to stay
(d) She caem down with the flu
10. What did Franz feel with regards to his love for Sabina?
11. With regards to love, what was Sabina's nature?
(a) Open and honest
12. Whose quartet is based on the following two motifs: "Must it be?" "It must be."
13. What term did Tereza use to express how she felt about life with her family?
(a) boarding house
(b) concentration camp
14. Why did Franz like music?
(a) His mother was a music lover
(b) It helped him be less of a serious man
(c) Music had been part of his life since childhood
(d) Because it had no words
15. What world evoked in Sabina a sweet, nostalgic memory of her homeland?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Tereza visit Sabina's studio?
2. What did Franz try to create for the woman he had fallen in love with?
3. What did Marie-Claude's say about the serious car accident she once had?
4. What did Tereza remember most of Dubeck's speech, the one he made after his return from Moscow?
5. What is Franz's attitude when it comes to love and strength
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)