|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the command Tomas uses on both Sabina and Tereza?
(a) Take off your clothes
(c) Get naked
(d) Get undressed
2. Who did Franz respect and worship?
(a) His wife
(b) His mother
(c) His daughter
3. What affect did the first week of the Russian occupation have on Tereza?
(a) Caused her to tremble out of fear
(b) Put her into a depression
(c) Led her to want to leave Prague for good
(d) Brought her closest she'd ever been to happiness
4. What does Marie-Anne and her mother do when they have a party?
(a) Ignore Franz
(b) Walk around barefoot
(c) Make rude remarks to whomever they do not like
(d) Sit cross legged on the floor
5. What made Tomas jealous at the bar, where he and Tereza met with friends to celebrate Tereza's promotion?
(a) Seeing Tereza talk to a stranger
(b) Seeing her leaning against a colleague's shouldes as she talked to him
(c) Watching Tereza dance with a colleague
(d) Noticing Tereza flirt with a colleague
6. What feelings did Sabina portray towards the immigrants she sat with?
7. What would have caused Tereza to do anything for her mother?
(a) Her mother having asked in a loving voice
(b) Her mother asking for forgiveness
(c) Her mother having admitted her wrongdoing
(d) Her mother showing any kind of approval for a change
8. What did Tereza remember most of Dubeck's speech, the one he made after his return from Moscow?
(a) The trembling of his voice
(b) The awful pauses in the middle of his sentences
(c) His courageous tone
(d) His words which carried much humiliation
9. Why did Tereza visit Sabina's studio?
(a) To ask for a job
(b) To confront her about her affair with Tomas
(c) To photograph her
(d) To tell her that she and Tomas got married
10. What did Franz say about New York?
(a) The height of its buildings is disturbing
(b) It is very youthful
(c) Its beauty is not original
(d) Its beauty is unintentional
11. What did Franz like to take part in?
(b) Giving political lectures
(c) Getting involved with peace organizations
(d) Writing political articles
12. Sabina understood Franz's...
(a) His love for his wife and daughter
(b) Distaste for America
(c) His desire to fight Communism
(d) His need to be a part of her world
13. What world evoked in Sabina a sweet, nostalgic memory of her homeland?
14. Who helped Tereza better understand photography?
(c) Her mother
(d) The engineer
15. What was the one thing that Tereza's mother did not allow to exist in her home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Franz like music?
2. What did Karenin hate?
3. What happened to Tereza's father after her mother left him?
4. In Part 4, Chapter 6, looking in the mirror, why did Tereza feel disgusted by her body?
5. What did Franz do during sex that Sabina disliked?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)