|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karenin hate?
(b) Cold weather.
(c) Other animals .
2. What did Marie-Claude threaten her husband with twenty years prior?
(a) She threatened to have an affair.
(b) She threatened to commit suicide.
(c) She threatened to get revenge for an affair he'd had.
(d) She threatened him with a divorce.
3. Sabina does not share Franz's passion for...
4. What does Marie-Anne and her mother do when they have a party?
(a) They sit cross legged on the floor.
(b) They walk around barefoot.
(c) They ignore Franz.
(d) They make rude remarks to whomever they do not like.
5. Where does Tomas first meet Tereza?
(a) He meets her at the train station where she works.
(b) He meets her at a hotel they're both staying at.
(c) He meets her at the hotel restaurant where she works.
(d) He meets her at the bar during his lunch break.
6. What does Sabina like to do when she feels low?
(a) She walks through cemetaries.
(b) She walks through gardens.
(c) She attends mass.
(d) She takes a long walk.
7. What does Tereza try to see herself through?
(a) Her faith.
(b) Her childhood.
(c) Her body.
(d) Tomas's love.
8. Why does Tereza stay at Tomas's home for a week during her initial visit?
(a) She comes down with the flu.
(b) He invites her to stay.
(c) She sprains her ankle.
(d) She asks to stay, dreading returning to her mother's home.
9. Which is NOT one of the objects that gives Tereza the courage to leave home and change her fate?
(a) A necklace.
(b) The number six.
(d) The book.
10. What is Sabina's view of modern music?
(a) She dislikes it because it is difficult to dance to.
(b) She dislikes it because it remindes her of the occupation.
(c) It is loud noise masked as music.
(d) It lacks the rhythm and beat that American music has.
11. What is Franz's attitude when it comes to love and strength?
(a) Strong people don't know how to love.
(b) Using one's strength on a loved one is considered violence.
(c) Love means renouncing strength.
(d) Being in love makes one strong.
12. What does Franz feel with regards to his love for Sabina?
13. In Part 3, Chapter 2, why are Sabina and Tomas touched by the sight of the bowler hat?
(a) It reminds them of Prague.
(b) It connects them to the depth of their friendship.
(c) It has been lost and only recently found.
(d) It is a memento of Sabrina's father and grandfather.
14. How does Tomas avoid falling in love with the women he becomes intimate with?
(a) He stops seeing a woman after three encounters.
(b) He never spends the night with a woman.
(c) He does not see any woman more than once a month.
(d) He only meets the women at their place.
15. How does Marie-Claude pass the time while in the hospital?
(a) She listens to the radio.
(b) She knits.
(c) She paints.
(d) She reads books.
Short Answer Questions
1. With regards to love, what is Sabina's nature?
2. What country did Franz greatly admire?
3. Kundera writes that Sabina is stirred by her own...
4. Why does Tomas oppose Tereza visiting her mother when she hears she has cancer?
5. After the encounter with the immigrants, which stirred her up quite a bit, how does Sabina react when she sees Franz sitting on a couchette?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)