|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tereza propose to Sabina?
(a) To take nude pictures of her
(b) That she leave Tomas for good
(c) That they try to be friends, despite everything
(d) That she helps her find a job in photography
2. What did Marie-Claude's say about the serious car accident she once had?
(a) The accident helped her appreciate her husband and daughter
(b) She'd never had more rest than when she was in the hospital
(c) The accident caused her to never want to drive again
(d) She'd never had more fun than when she was in the hospital
3. What did Tereza try to see herself through?
(a) Her faith
(b) Her body
(c) Tomas's love
(d) Her childhood
4. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what did Sabina say to the distinguished immigrant that upset him?
(a) He was a rude unintelligent man who was supported the occupation
(b) He resembled Communist President Novotny
(c) His immigration assisted teh Russian occupation
(d) He had absolutely no appreciation for the arts
5. Why did Tereza's mother marryTereza's father
(a) She wanted to leave her father's home
(b) She got pregnant
(c) She loved him
(d) She was the best option of her suitors
6. What world evoked in Sabina a sweet, nostalgic memory of her homeland?
7. Who did Sabina's bowler hat belong to?
(a) An old boyfriend
(c) Her brother
(d) Her grandfather
8. What would have caused Tereza to do anything for her mother?
(a) Her mother asking for forgiveness
(b) Her mother having asked in a loving voice
(c) Her mother having admitted her wrongdoing
(d) Her mother showing any kind of approval for a change
9. What does Marie-Anne and her mother do when they have a party?
(a) Sit cross legged on the floor
(b) Walk around barefoot
(c) Make rude remarks to whomever they do not like
(d) Ignore Franz
10. What did Tereza's mother when she found Tereza's diary
(a) Shared it with her husband
(b) Read it at the dinner table
(c) Passed it along to her friends
(d) Threw it in the garbage
11. What was the first piece of furniture Franz ever bought for himself?
12. After Sabina settled in Paris, what were her thoughts about Franz?
(a) She was sorry to have been so impatient with him
(b) She felt guilty for having left him without a word
(c) She imagined the possibility of them one day uniting
(d) She wished he had never publicized their affair
13. What type of teenager was Tereza?
14. What did Tomas initially feel when he discovered Tereza had left for Prague?
15. What incident led Franz to tell his wife about his affair?
(a) Hearing his wife's remarks about Sabina's pendant
(b) His wife disrespecting him at the party
(c) Wanting to spend the rest of his life with Sabina
(d) Having an incredible urge to change his life
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Tereza refuse the job offer as photographer?
2. Which one of the suitors did Tereza's mother choose when she was a young woman?
3. What did Tereza suffer as a result of Tomas's affairs?
4. What did Sabina refuse to do in life?
5. Sabina is stirred by her own...
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)