|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Tereza better understand photography?
(b) The engineer
(c) Her mother
2. After she returned home to her small Czech town, how did Tereza re-enter Tomas's life?
(a) She came to Prague on a business trip and stayed at his home
(b) They ran into each other at a mutual friend's house
(c) He couldn't stop thinking about her and called her to come visit
(d) She phoned him from the railway station, claiming she was in Prague to find a job
3. What happened to Franz when he started living alone in a tiny flat?
(a) He eventually gained the respect of his wife and daughter
(b) He stopped loving Sabina and met someone else
(c) He gained the admiration of Sabrina
(d) He stopped being a little boy
4. In chapter 1, where does Franza want to take Sabina?
(b) New York
5. In his lifetime, Franz has never...
(a) Wanted to fight
(b) Fought anyone
(c) Won a fight
(d) Lost a fight
6. Why did Tereza stay at Tomas's home for a week during her initial visit?
(a) She caem down with the flu
(b) She asked to stay, dreading returning to her mother's home
(c) She sprained her ankle
(d) He invited her to stay
7. What did Franz try to create for the woman he had fallen in love with?
(a) a warm and trusting atmosphere she could always turn to
(b) an independent space for her in his life
(c) the perfect relationship, in order that she would never have a reason to leave him
(d) an adventerous lifestyle that would keep her from getting bored with him
8. What is Franz's attitude when it comes to love and strength
(a) Love means renouncing strength
(b) Being in love makes one strong
(c) Strong people don't know how to love
(d) Using one's strength on a loved one is considered violence
9. What was the one thing that Tereza's mother did not allow to exist in her home?
10. Whose quartet is based on the following two motifs: "Must it be?" "It must be."
11. Sabina did not share Franz's passion for...
12. Which one of the suitors did Tereza's mother choose when she was a young woman?
(a) The most manly
(b) The one who recited verses
(c) The most athletic
(d) The wittiest
13. What did Franz's words about love and strength do to Sabina?
(a) Made him more attractive in her eyes
(b) Caused her to trust him more than any man she'd ever known
(c) Caused her to question his love
(d) Disqualify him from her life
14. Why was Marie-Claude so rude to Sabina?
(a) To take revenge on Sabina, who she knew was having an affair with her husband, by embarrassing her
(b) To make clear to Sabina (and others) what the real balance of power was between the two of them
(c) Because that's the type of person she is
(d) To get revenge on her husband, who she knew loves Sabina
15. What did Sabina like to do when she felt low?
(a) Attend mass
(b) Walk through cemetaries
(c) Walk through gardens
(d) Take a long walk
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Franz like to take part in?
2. What does Marie-Anne and her mother do when they have a party?
3. After Sabina settled in Paris, what were her thoughts about Franz?
4. What did Franz feel with regards to his love for Sabina?
5. What did Tomas initially feel when he discovered Tereza had left for Prague?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)