|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Sabina's bowler hat belong to?
(b) Her brother
(c) An old boyfriend
(d) Her grandfather
2. What did Tereza try to see herself through?
(a) Tomas's love
(b) Her faith
(c) Her childhood
(d) Her body
3. Where did Tomas and Tereza meet?
(a) Train stattion where Tomas was departing for Prague
(b) Hotel restaurant where Tereza worked
(c) Hotel where they were both staying
(d) Bar where Tomas hung out during his work breaks
4. When was the only time Tereza and Tomas could talk to each other when they worked opposite shifts?
(a) When she visited him at work
(b) During lunch breaks
(c) During breakfast
(d) When he visited her at work
5. Sabina understood Franz's...
(a) His desire to fight Communism
(b) His need to be a part of her world
(c) Distaste for America
(d) His love for his wife and daughter
6. In Part 4, Chapter 1, what aroma did Tereza notice on Tomas's hair?
(a) a woman's groin
7. What did Franz feel with regards to his love for Sabina?
8. What did Tereza remember most of Dubeck's speech, the one he made after his return from Moscow?
(a) His courageous tone
(b) His words which carried much humiliation
(c) The trembling of his voice
(d) The awful pauses in the middle of his sentences
9. In Part 4, Chapter 6, looking in the mirror, why did Tereza feel disgusted by her body?
(a) It didn't have the power to become the only body in Tomas's life
(b) Compared to other women in the spa, she had very small breasts with large nipples
(c) It reminded her of her mother
(d) It made her feel like a weak child
10. What may have attributed to the female puppy, Karenin, falling in love wtih Tereza rather than Tomas?
(a) Being given a boy's name
(b) Tereza's attachment to the dog
(c) Tereza's familiarity with pets
(d) Tomas's long absence from home
11. What happened at night that caused Tereza to fear that time of the day?
(a) She dwelt on Tomas's infidelities
(b) She trembled
(c) She dwelt on Tomas abandoning her
(d) She had nightmares.
12. What did Marie-Claude's say about the serious car accident she once had?
(a) She'd never had more fun than when she was in the hospital
(b) She'd never had more rest than when she was in the hospital
(c) The accident helped her appreciate her husband and daughter
(d) The accident caused her to never want to drive again
13. What did Franz say about New York?
(a) It is very youthful
(b) Its beauty is unintentional
(c) Its beauty is not original
(d) The height of its buildings is disturbing
14. What happened to Tereza's father after her mother left him?
(a) He died in a car accident
(b) He remarried
(c) He left town
(d) He was imprisoned
15. Sabina is stirred by her own...
Short Answer Questions
1. Tereza has a dream where she marches around a pool of naked women who are overjoyed by their sameness. What does this part of her dream represent?
2. After she returned home to her small Czech town, how did Tereza re-enter Tomas's life?
3. What did Tereza's mother when she found Tereza's diary
4. What did Sabina unexpectedly meet in the village church?
5. What does Marie-Anne and her mother do when they have a party?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)