|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tereza try to see herself through?
(a) Tomas's love.
(b) Her body.
(c) Her faith.
(d) Her childhood.
2. In Part 3, Chapter 1, where does Franz want to take Sabina?
(d) New York.
3. What does Tereza's mother do when she finds Tereza's diary?
(a) She throws it in the garbage.
(b) She passes it along to her friends.
(c) She shares it with her husband.
(d) She reads it at the dinner table.
4. At the party, what does Marie-Claude call Sabina's ceramic pendant?
5. After her encounter with the immigrants, Kundera writes that Sabina's behavior is due to her refusal to do what in life?
(a) Be unjust.
(b) Keep ranks.
(c) Keep silent.
(d) Stir an argument.
6. While Tereza lives at home, what does her mother forbid her to do?
(a) She forbids her to lock the bathroom door.
(b) She forbids her to spend time alone in her room.
(c) She forbids her to go out with friends.
(d) She forbids her to move in with Tomas.
7. What is the command Tomas uses on both Sabina and Tereza?
(b) Get undressed.
(c) Get naked.
(d) Take off your clothes.
8. In Part 2, Chapter 24, a Czech photographer shows Tereza her work. What are her photos of?
(a) They are of a cactus.
(b) They are of a Czech family.
(c) They are of a a nudist beach.
(d) They are of the Russian invasion.
9. How does Tomas avoid falling in love with the women he becomes intimate with?
(a) He stops seeing a woman after three encounters.
(b) He never spends the night with a woman.
(c) He only meets the women at their place.
(d) He does not see any woman more than once a month.
10. Who does Franz respect and worship?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(d) His mother.
11. Why is Tomas attracted to Tereza?
(a) Her beauty is unlike any other.
(b) She is submissive.
(c) He opens up to her like he does with no one else.
(d) She seems like a child to him.
12. When they live in Zunich, what incident causes Tereza to pack her suitcase, take Karenin, and leave for Prague while Tomas is at work?
(a) An unknown woman calls asking for Tomas.
(b) A letter from her mother arrives, begging her to return to her.
(c) Tomas comes home very late when they were to have had dinner together.
(d) Shes catches Tomas with another woman.
13. What does Franz like to take part in?
(a) Giving political lectures.
(c) Writing political articles
(d) Getting involved with peace organizations.
14. Where does Tomas first meet Tereza?
(a) He meets her at the bar during his lunch break.
(b) He meets her at the train station where she works.
(c) He meets her at a hotel they're both staying at.
(d) He meets her at the hotel restaurant where she works.
15. What happens to Franz when he starts living alone in a tiny flat?
(a) He stops being a little boy.
(b) He stops loving Sabina and meets someone else.
(c) He gains the admiration of Sabrina.
(d) He eventually gains the respect of his wife and daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tomas initially feel when he discovers Tereza has left for Prague?
2. After Sabina settles in Paris, what are her thoughts about Franz?
3. Who does Sabina's bowler hat belong to?
4. What makes Tomas jealous at the bar, where he and Tereza meet with friends to celebrate Tereza's promotion?
5. What type of teenager was Tereza?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)