|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Franz like to take part in?
(a) Getting involved with peace organizations
(b) Writing political articles
(c) Giving political lectures
2. What did Tereza do with half of the undeveloped roll of films?
(a) Gave them to Sabina
(b) Hid them from the Russians
(c) Gave them to foreign journalists
(d) Destroyed them
3. What was the one thing that Tereza's mother did not allow to exist in her home?
4. What affect did the first week of the Russian occupation have on Tereza?
(a) Led her to want to leave Prague for good
(b) Put her into a depression
(c) Brought her closest she'd ever been to happiness
(d) Caused her to tremble out of fear
5. What did Tomas initially feel when he discovered Tereza had left for Prague?
6. What did Tereza's mother forbid Tereza to do?
(a) Lock the bathroom door
(b) Live with Tomas
(c) Spend time alone in her room
(d) Go out with friends
7. With regards to love, what was Sabina's nature?
(d) Open and honest
8. How did Sabina feel about Franz having told his wife of their affair?
9. In Part 4, Chapter 6, looking in the mirror, why did Tereza feel disgusted by her body?
(a) It reminded her of her mother
(b) Compared to other women in the spa, she had very small breasts with large nipples
(c) It made her feel like a weak child
(d) It didn't have the power to become the only body in Tomas's life
10. Whose quartet is based on the following two motifs: "Must it be?" "It must be."
11. What was Marie-Claud's reaction upon hearing of her husband's infidelity?
(a) She was not at all disturbed
(b) She tried to be calm and collective
(c) She laughed it off as if it were a joke
(d) She was very disturbed
12. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what did Sabina say to the distinguished immigrant that upset him?
(a) His immigration assisted teh Russian occupation
(b) He had absolutely no appreciation for the arts
(c) He resembled Communist President Novotny
(d) He was a rude unintelligent man who was supported the occupation
13. What did Marie-Claude threaten her husband with twenty years prior?
(a) Having an affair
(b) Revenge for an affair he'd had
(c) A divorce
14. What does Marie-Anne and her mother do when they have a party?
(a) Make rude remarks to whomever they do not like
(b) Walk around barefoot
(c) Sit cross legged on the floor
(d) Ignore Franz
15. Why did Tereza visit Sabina's studio?
(a) To tell her that she and Tomas got married
(b) To ask for a job
(c) To confront her about her affair with Tomas
(d) To photograph her
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sabina like to do when she felt low?
2. What did Tereza's mother when she found Tereza's diary
3. What does Franz worry about daily?
4. What did Franz say about New York?
5. What feelings did Sabina portray towards the immigrants she sat with?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)