|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 24, a Czech photographer shows Tereza her work. What are her photos of?
(a) They are of a cactus.
(b) They are of a a nudist beach.
(c) They are of the Russian invasion.
(d) They are of a Czech family.
2. Who helps Tereza better understand photography?
(a) The engineer.
(b) Her mother.
3. What does Tereza do with half of the undeveloped roll of films she took during the first week of occupation?
(a) She gives them to foreign journalists.
(b) She hides them from the Russians.
(c) She gives them to Sabina.
(d) She destroys them.
4. What does Franz feel with regards to his love for Sabina?
5. What does Sabina unexpectedly meet in the village church?
6. What is the command Tomas uses on both Sabina and Tereza?
(a) Take off your clothes.
(c) Get undressed.
(d) Get naked.
7. Franz has given up scores of women because of what misunderstanding?
(a) He is afraid he cannot keep a secret.
(b) He is affraid of wounding his wife.
(c) He thinks being a virtuous and faithful man would help improve his marriage.
(d) He thinks his wife has been faithful to him.
8. When they live in Zunich, what incident causes Tereza to pack her suitcase, take Karenin, and leave for Prague while Tomas is at work?
(a) Shes catches Tomas with another woman.
(b) An unknown woman calls asking for Tomas.
(c) Tomas comes home very late when they were to have had dinner together.
(d) A letter from her mother arrives, begging her to return to her.
9. While Tereza lives at home, what does her mother forbid her to do?
(a) She forbids her to move in with Tomas.
(b) She forbids her to go out with friends.
(c) She forbids her to lock the bathroom door.
(d) She forbids her to spend time alone in her room.
10. What does Franz do during sex that Sabina dislikes?
(a) He tells her he loves her.
(b) He closes his eyes.
(c) He asks if she loves him.
(d) He turns off the light.
11. Why does Tereza stay at Tomas's home for a week during her initial visit?
(a) She asks to stay, dreading returning to her mother's home.
(b) She comes down with the flu.
(c) He invites her to stay.
(d) She sprains her ankle.
12. What incident leads Franz to tell his wife about his affair?
(a) It's after he has a near-death experience.
(b) It's after he senses Sabina is starting to slip away.
(c) It's when he hears his wife's remarks about Sabina's pendant.
(d) It's when his wife disrespecting him at the party.
13. What happens to Tereza's father after her mother leaves him?
(a) He is imprisoned.
(b) He remarries.
(c) He leaves town.
(d) He dies in a car accident.
14. What is Franz's profession?
15. What happens to Franz when he starts living alone in a tiny flat?
(a) He eventually gains the respect of his wife and daughter.
(b) He gains the admiration of Sabrina.
(c) He stops being a little boy.
(d) He stops loving Sabina and meets someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Franz respect and worship?
2. When is the only time Tereza and Tomas have the chance to talk to each other when they work opposite shifts?
3. What is the one thing that Tereza's mother does not allow to exist in her home?
4. What happens once Tomas follows Tereza to Prague?
5. After she returns home to her small Czech town, how does Tereza re-enter Tomas's life?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)