Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Part 1, Chapters 1-5 | Part 1, Chapters 6-10
1. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does Tomas struggle with after Tereza returns to her small Czech town?
2. How does Tomas ensure that erotic friendship never grows into the aggression of love?
Short Essay Question - Part 1, Chapters 11-17
3. Why does Tomas initially reject the Swiss doctor's job offer in Switzerland?
4. What does Tereza write in the letter that she leaves behind for Tomas in Zurich?
Short Essay Question - Part 2, Chapters 1-6
5. Describe Tereza's mother:
This section contains 1,140 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)