Short Answer Key
Part 1, Chapters 1-5 | Part 1, Chapters 6-10
1. Why is Tomas attracted to Tereza?
She seems like a child to him.
2. Why does Tereza stay at Tomas's home for a week during her initial visit?
She comes down with the flu.
3. After she returns home to her small Czech town, how does Tereza re-enter Tomas's life?
She phones him from the railway station and claims she is in Prague to find a job.
4. What does Sabina do to get back at Tomas for looking at his watch while they made love?
She hides one of his socks.
5. What does Tereza suffer as a result of Tomas's affairs?
6. How does Tomas avoid falling in love with the women he becomes intimate with?
He never spends the night with a woman.
Part 1, Chapters 11-17
1. For what possible reason does the female...
This section contains 3,105 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)