|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Tomas called to the editor's office?
(a) editor suggested Tomas change word order in one of the sentences
(b) editor requested the removal of one of the sentences from the article
(c) editor wanted Tomas to sign a permission slip
(d) editer wanted Tomas to cut the article to a third
2. What were Soviet films saturated with?
(a) political themes
(b) conflict and resolution
(c) family sagas
(d) incredible innocense and chastity
3. What did Tomas initially feel when he discovered Tereza had left for Prague?
4. What did Franz's words about love and strength do to Sabina?
(a) Caused her to trust him more than any man she'd ever known
(b) Disqualify him from her life
(c) Caused her to question his love
(d) Made him more attractive in her eyes
5. What was Tomas promised if he made the retraction?
(a) he would get a promotion
(b) he could keep his job at the hospital
(c) the letter will be filed away and never leaked out
(d) he would be able to ransfer to another hospital
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Simon done since childhood?
2. What term did Tereza use to express how she felt about life with her family?
3. After Sabina settled in Paris, what were her thoughts about Franz?
4. What helped ease Tereza's anxiety when she entered the engineer's house?
5. Who helped Tereza better understand photography?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)