|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tomas feel after the petition was published?
(a) he questioned whether or not he should have signed
(b) he considered writing an article about the petition
(c) he wished he had signed
(d) he was glad he had not signed
2. What does Tereza's mother appear to be casting off with her immodesty?
(a) An old fashioned mentality
(b) Her daughter Tereza's modest ways
(c) Youth and beauty
(d) The communist regime's ways
3. Why was Tomas called to the editor's office?
(a) editor suggested Tomas change word order in one of the sentences
(b) editor requested the removal of one of the sentences from the article
(c) editer wanted Tomas to cut the article to a third
(d) editor wanted Tomas to sign a permission slip
4. What disease did Karenin have?
(b) canine influenza
(c) kennel cough
5. Why did Tereza stay at Tomas's home for a week during her initial visit?
(a) He invited her to stay
(b) She caem down with the flu
(c) She asked to stay, dreading returning to her mother's home
(d) She sprained her ankle
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Soviet films saturated with?
2. What had Simon done since childhood?
3. What did making love with the engineer in the absence of love do to Tereza?
4. What did Sabina do to get back at Tomas for looking at his watch while they made love?
5. When the engineer undressed Tereza, how did she respond?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)