|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Tereza's eyes, what did books represent?
(a) A world of intellectuals
(b) An emblem of the secret brotherhood
(c) A fair and just world
(d) A secret world of schools
2. What did the man from the Ministry want from Tomas?
(a) to transfer to another clinic
(b) to sign a letter
(c) to make a public apology
(d) to tell the truth about who the editor was
3. What would have caused Tereza to do anything for her mother?
(a) Her mother having asked in a loving voice
(b) Her mother having admitted her wrongdoing
(c) Her mother asking for forgiveness
(d) Her mother showing any kind of approval for a change
4. At the party, what did Marie-Claude call Sabina's ceramic pendant?
5. Why did Tomas oppose Tereza visiting her mother when she heard she had cancer?
(a) He discovered her mother was lying.
(b) He feared Tereza was using this as an excuse to leave him
(c) He disliked her mother and worried she'd cause trouble between him and Tereza
(d) He knew Tereza was lying.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 6, looking in the mirror, why did Tereza feel disgusted by her body?
2. What was the one thing that Tereza's mother did not allow to exist in her home?
3. The difference between Tereza and other women is that Tereza had come to Tomas...
4. Who helped Tereza better understand photography?
5. What was the one thing Tomas associated the words "helping people" with?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)