|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 "A Short Dictionary of Misunderstood Words".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the encounter with the immigrants, which stirred her up quite a bit, how did Sabina react when she saw Franz sitting on a couchette?
(a) She was relieved, sat beside him and told him what had happened earlier
(b) She was taken aback and asked to be left alone for a few minutes
(c) She threw her arms around him and smothered him with kisses
(d) She hugged him and begged,
2. What does Franz worry about daily?
(a) His wife leaving him
(b) His wife having an affair
(c) His mistress leaving him
(d) His wife finding about his mistress
3. Why did Tomas oppose Tereza visiting her mother when she heard she had cancer?
(a) He disliked her mother and worried she'd cause trouble between him and Tereza
(b) He knew Tereza was lying.
(c) He discovered her mother was lying.
(d) He feared Tereza was using this as an excuse to leave him
4. What would have caused Tereza to do anything for her mother?
(a) Her mother asking for forgiveness
(b) Her mother having asked in a loving voice
(c) Her mother having admitted her wrongdoing
(d) Her mother showing any kind of approval for a change
5. In Tereza's eyes, what did books represent?
(a) A world of intellectuals
(b) A fair and just world
(c) A secret world of schools
(d) An emblem of the secret brotherhood
Short Answer Questions
1. What feelings did Sabina portray towards the immigrants she sat with?
2. What was the one thing that Tereza's mother did not allow to exist in her home?
3. What is the command Tomas uses on both Sabina and Tereza?
4. What did Tereza do six to seven months after she and Tomas moved to Switzerland?
5. How did Tomas avoid falling in love with the women he became intimate with?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)