|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "A Short Dictionary of Misunderstood Words".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tereza do with half of the undeveloped roll of films?
(a) Destroyed them
(b) Gave them to foreign journalists
(c) Hid them from the Russians
(d) Gave them to Sabina
2. What did Sabina refuse to do in life?
(a) Deep ranks
(b) Keep silent
(c) Stir an argument
(d) Be unjust
3. In Part 3, chapter 2, why were Sabina and Tomas touched by the sight of the bowler hat?
(a) It reminded tehm of Prague
(b) It had been lost and only recently found
(c) It was a memnto of Sabrina's father and grandfather
(d) It connected them to the depth of their friendship
4. What affect did the first week of the Russian occupation have on Tereza?
(a) Caused her to tremble out of fear
(b) Put her into a depression
(c) Brought her closest she'd ever been to happiness
(d) Led her to want to leave Prague for good
5. When they were living in Zunich, what incident caused Tereza to pack her suitcase, take Karenin and leave for Prague while Tomas was at work?
(a) Shes aw Tomas with another woman
(b) Tomas coming home very late when they were to have had dinner together
(c) A letter from her mother begging her to return to her
(d) An unknown woman had called asking for Tomas
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Sabina's bowler hat belong to?
2. Which was NOT one of the fortuities that gave Tereza the courage to leave home and change her fate?
3. Which one of the suitors did Tereza's mother choose when she was a young woman?
4. Why wouldn't the magazine editor publish Tereza's photographs?
5. In Tereza's eyes, what did books represent?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)