|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "A Short Dictionary of Misunderstood Words".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose quartet is based on the following two motifs: "Must it be?" "It must be."
2. What did Franz say about New York?
(a) Its beauty is unintentional
(b) It is very youthful
(c) Its beauty is not original
(d) The height of its buildings is disturbing
3. What did Franz do during sex that Sabina disliked?
(a) He turned off the light
(b) He closed his eyes.
(c) He asked if she loved him.
(d) He told her he loved her
4. What did Tereza remember most of Dubeck's speech, the one he made after his return from Moscow?
(a) The trembling of his voice
(b) His words which carried much humiliation
(c) His courageous tone
(d) The awful pauses in the middle of his sentences
5. What did Tereza suffer as a result of Tomas's affairs?
(b) Upset stomachs
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tereza do six to seven months after she and Tomas moved to Switzerland?
2. What happened to Tereza's father after her mother left him?
3. In Tereza's eyes, what did books represent?
4. Who helped Tereza better understand photography?
5. What happened at night that caused Tereza to fear that time of the day?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)