|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "A Short Dictionary of Misunderstood Words".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Tereza's father after her mother left him?
(a) He left town
(b) He was imprisoned
(c) He remarried
(d) He died in a car accident
2. What feelings did Sabina portray towards the immigrants she sat with?
3. What did Tereza propose to Sabina?
(a) That they try to be friends, despite everything
(b) That she leave Tomas for good
(c) That she helps her find a job in photography
(d) To take nude pictures of her
4. What did Franz say about New York?
(a) It is very youthful
(b) The height of its buildings is disturbing
(c) Its beauty is unintentional
(d) Its beauty is not original
5. With regards to love, what was Sabina's nature?
(c) Open and honest
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sabina's views of modern music?
2. Whose quartet is based on the following two motifs: "Must it be?" "It must be."
3. What made Tomas jealous at the bar, where he and Tereza met with friends to celebrate Tereza's promotion?
4. What did Franz try to create for the woman he had fallen in love with?
5. Tereza has a dream where she marches around a pool of naked women who are overjoyed by their sameness. What does this part of her dream represent?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)