|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "A Short Dictionary of Misunderstood Words".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the one thing that Tereza's mother did not allow to exist in her home?
2. What affect did the first week of the Russian occupation have on Tereza?
(a) Caused her to tremble out of fear
(b) Brought her closest she'd ever been to happiness
(c) Put her into a depression
(d) Led her to want to leave Prague for good
3. Why did Franz like music?
(a) His mother was a music lover
(b) Music had been part of his life since childhood
(c) Because it had no words
(d) It helped him be less of a serious man
4. What did Sabina like to do when she felt low?
(a) Walk through cemetaries
(b) Take a long walk
(c) Walk through gardens
(d) Attend mass
5. What may have attributed to the female puppy, Karenin, falling in love wtih Tereza rather than Tomas?
(a) Being given a boy's name
(b) Tereza's familiarity with pets
(c) Tereza's attachment to the dog
(d) Tomas's long absence from home
Short Answer Questions
1. When they were living in Zunich, what incident caused Tereza to pack her suitcase, take Karenin and leave for Prague while Tomas was at work?
2. After the encounter with the immigrants, which stirred her up quite a bit, how did Sabina react when she saw Franz sitting on a couchette?
3. Where did Tomas and Tereza meet?
4. After she returned home to her small Czech town, how did Tereza re-enter Tomas's life?
5. What did Tereza do six to seven months after she and Tomas moved to Switzerland?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)