|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 13-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tereza has a dream where she marches around a pool of naked women who are overjoyed by their sameness. What does this part of her dream represent?
(a) Her fear that one day Tomas will not recognize her from among his many women
(b) The fear that once she has an affair, she will resemble Tomas's other women
(c) Her need to escape her mother's world, where all bodies are equal
(d) The desire to be as strong as other women
2. What did Tereza try to see herself through?
(a) Her body
(b) Her childhood
(c) Her faith
(d) Tomas's love
3. Where did Tomas and Tereza meet?
(a) Hotel restaurant where Tereza worked
(b) Bar where Tomas hung out during his work breaks
(c) Hotel where they were both staying
(d) Train stattion where Tomas was departing for Prague
4. What happened at night that caused Tereza to fear that time of the day?
(a) She trembled
(b) She had nightmares.
(c) She dwelt on Tomas abandoning her
(d) She dwelt on Tomas's infidelities
5. What did Tomas initially feel when he discovered Tereza had left for Prague?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tereza training for since childhood?
2. What was the one thing that Tereza's mother did not allow to exist in her home?
3. What is the meaning of Tereza's secret vice, her long looks and frequent glances in the mirror?
4. What did Sabina do to get back at Tomas for looking at his watch while they made love?
5. After she returned home to her small Czech town, how did Tereza re-enter Tomas's life?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)