|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 17-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which was NOT one of the fortuities that gave Tereza the courage to leave home and change her fate?
(b) The book
(c) A necklace
(d) The number 6
2. What did Sabina refuse to do in life?
(a) Keep silent
(b) Deep ranks
(c) Stir an argument
(d) Be unjust
3. What was the first piece of furniture Franz ever bought for himself?
4. In Part 5, Chapter 28, what did Tereza want to tell Tomas on their way back to Prague?
(a) she wanted to quit her job at the bar
(b) to do something that would help stop her jealousy
(c) she wanted them to move to the country
(d) about her affair with the engineer
5. What did Tereza remember most of Dubeck's speech, the one he made after his return from Moscow?
(a) The awful pauses in the middle of his sentences
(b) The trembling of his voice
(c) His courageous tone
(d) His words which carried much humiliation
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Franz when he started living alone in a tiny flat?
2. In Part 4, Chapter 6, looking in the mirror, why did Tereza feel disgusted by her body?
3. With regards to love, what was Sabina's nature?
4. What Czech text was written on the poster hanging on the editor's wall?
5. What was the one thing Tomas associated the words "helping people" with?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)