|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 17-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the engineer's house, what made Tereza feel as though TOmas had purposely left a trace?
(a) Sophocles' Philoctetes
(b) Sophocles' Antigone
(c) Sophocles' Electra
(d) Sophocles' Oedipus
2. What did Tereza do the moment after she had sex with the engineer?
(a) Beg him not to tell anyone
(b) Sob in his arms
(c) Spit in his face
(d) Think of suicide
3. Who did Franz respect and worship?
(a) His daughter
(b) His wife
(d) His mother
4. In Tereza's eyes, what did books represent?
(a) A secret world of schools
(b) A world of intellectuals
(c) A fair and just world
(d) An emblem of the secret brotherhood
5. In Part 3, Chapter 9, what does Sabina do after she and Franz return from Rome?
(a) She asks Tomas what his future plans with her are
(b) She moves out of her apartment
(c) She tells Tomas she wants to break off the relationship
(d) She asks Tomas to move in with her
Short Answer Questions
1. When the engineer undressed Tereza, how did she respond?
2. What did Tomas feel the first day he reported to the window washer job?
3. What made Tomas jealous at the bar, where he and Tereza met with friends to celebrate Tereza's promotion?
4. At the party, what did Marie-Claude call Sabina's ceramic pendant?
5. In Part 4, Chapter 6, looking in the mirror, why did Tereza feel disgusted by her body?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)