|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 17-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tereza understand the benches floating downstream to mean in her dream?
(a) she was no longer going to be a burdon
(b) something bad was about to happen
(d) a farewell
2. Which was NOT one of the fortuities that gave Tereza the courage to leave home and change her fate?
(b) The book
(c) The number 6
(d) A necklace
3. What made Tomas jealous at the bar, where he and Tereza met with friends to celebrate Tereza's promotion?
(a) Seeing her leaning against a colleague's shouldes as she talked to him
(b) Noticing Tereza flirt with a colleague
(c) Watching Tereza dance with a colleague
(d) Seeing Tereza talk to a stranger
4. Tereza has a dream where she marches around a pool of naked women who are overjoyed by their sameness. What does this part of her dream represent?
(a) The fear that once she has an affair, she will resemble Tomas's other women
(b) Her need to escape her mother's world, where all bodies are equal
(c) Her fear that one day Tomas will not recognize her from among his many women
(d) The desire to be as strong as other women
5. In Part 5, Chapter 27, what did Tereza find in the farm worker's face that she had not seen in ages?
(a) someone wise
(b) someone kind
(c) someone very tired
(d) someone broken
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tomas hint to the doctor after he informed him that he would not retract his statement?
2. When the engineer undressed Tereza, how did she respond?
3. Who helped Tereza better understand photography?
4. Sabina did not share Franz's passion for...
5. Why didn't Tomas and Tereza have children?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)