|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 17-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Franz when he started living alone in a tiny flat?
(a) He eventually gained the respect of his wife and daughter
(b) He stopped loving Sabina and met someone else
(c) He gained the admiration of Sabrina
(d) He stopped being a little boy
2. What did Tomas initially feel when he discovered Tereza had left for Prague?
3. How did Tomas feel after the petition was published?
(a) he considered writing an article about the petition
(b) he questioned whether or not he should have signed
(c) he was glad he had not signed
(d) he wished he had signed
4. Why did Franz like music?
(a) It helped him be less of a serious man
(b) Because it had no words
(c) His mother was a music lover
(d) Music had been part of his life since childhood
5. Franz had given up scores of women because of what misunderstanding?
(a) He thought being a virtuous and faithful man would help improve his marriage
(b) He was afraid he could not keep a secret
(c) He thought his wife had been faithful to him
(d) He had been affraid of wounding his wife
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, Chapter 25, why was it impossible for Tereza and Tomas to spend the night at the little town outside of Prague?
2. What was Sabina's views of modern music?
3. What may have attributed to the female puppy, Karenin, falling in love wtih Tereza rather than Tomas?
4. Sabina is stirred by her own...
5. What concerned Tomas about moving to the country?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)