|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "A Short Dictionary of Misunderstood Words".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tereza has a dream where she marches around a pool of naked women who are overjoyed by their sameness. What does this part of her dream represent?
(a) Her need to escape her mother's world, where all bodies are equal
(b) The fear that once she has an affair, she will resemble Tomas's other women
(c) The desire to be as strong as other women
(d) Her fear that one day Tomas will not recognize her from among his many women
2. Sabina did not share Franz's passion for...
3. In Tereza's eyes, what did books represent?
(a) A fair and just world
(b) A world of intellectuals
(c) A secret world of schools
(d) An emblem of the secret brotherhood
4. What does Tereza's mother appear to be casting off with her immodesty?
(a) The communist regime's ways
(b) An old fashioned mentality
(c) Youth and beauty
(d) Her daughter Tereza's modest ways
5. What is the meaning of Tereza's secret vice, her long looks and frequent glances in the mirror?
(a) A desire to be admired by men
(b) A longing to be a body unlike other bodies
(c) A longing to be as beautiful as her mother
(d) A yearning to physically fit into society
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tomas initially feel when he discovered Tereza had left for Prague?
2. Who helped Tereza better understand photography?
3. Where did Tomas and Tereza meet?
4. Why did Tereza refuse the job offer as photographer?
5. What affect did the first week of the Russian occupation have on Tereza?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)