|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "A Short Dictionary of Misunderstood Words".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of Tereza's secret vice, her long looks and frequent glances in the mirror?
(a) A yearning to physically fit into society
(b) A desire to be admired by men
(c) A longing to be as beautiful as her mother
(d) A longing to be a body unlike other bodies
2. What was Tereza training for since childhood?
(a) Stroking her the hair of the man she loved while he lay asleep
(b) Falling asleep while in the embrace of the man she loves
(c) During sleep, holding hands of the man she loved
(d) In the morning, buying breakfast for her husband
3. Which was NOT one of the fortuities that gave Tereza the courage to leave home and change her fate?
(a) The book
(b) The number 6
(c) A necklace
4. What does Tereza's mother appear to be casting off with her immodesty?
(a) The communist regime's ways
(b) An old fashioned mentality
(c) Her daughter Tereza's modest ways
(d) Youth and beauty
5. Who did Franz respect and worship?
(a) His daughter
(c) His mother
(d) His wife
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened at night that caused Tereza to fear that time of the day?
2. What was Sabina's views of modern music?
3. What happened once Tomas followed Tereza to Prague?
4. Why did Franz like music?
5. What did Franz do during sex that Sabina disliked?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)