|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 15-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Tereza refuse the job offer as photographer?
(a) She didn't like the woman editor at the magazine
(b) She was afraid her job would keep her away from Tomas
(c) She wanted a more prestegious job
(d) She had no interest photographing cactuses
2. What feelings did Sabina portray towards the immigrants she sat with?
3. Sabina is stirred by her own...
4. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what did Sabina say to the distinguished immigrant that upset him?
(a) He had absolutely no appreciation for the arts
(b) His immigration assisted teh Russian occupation
(c) He resembled Communist President Novotny
(d) He was a rude unintelligent man who was supported the occupation
5. In Tereza's eyes, what did books represent?
(a) A world of intellectuals
(b) An emblem of the secret brotherhood
(c) A fair and just world
(d) A secret world of schools
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of Tereza's secret vice, her long looks and frequent glances in the mirror?
2. What did Tereza do the moment after she had sex with the engineer?
3. What was the first piece of furniture Franz ever bought for himself?
4. Where did Tomas and Tereza meet?
5. Why did Tereza respond as she did to the engineer's advances?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)