|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Franz try to create for the woman he had fallen in love with?
(a) an independent space for her in his life
(b) a warm and trusting atmosphere she could always turn to
(c) the perfect relationship, in order that she would never have a reason to leave him
(d) an adventerous lifestyle that would keep her from getting bored with him
2. For Sabina, what did the bowler hat NOT represent?
(a) Memento of her father
(b) Reminder of a forgotten grandfather
(c) Reminder of the men whom she'd loved
(d) A sentimental object while she was abroad
3. In Part 5, Chapter 12, the author states that love begins with a...
(a) a surrender
(b) a poetic scene
(d) happy memories
4. In chapter 1, where does Franza want to take Sabina?
(d) New York
5. In Part 4, Chapter 6, looking in the mirror, why did Tereza feel disgusted by her body?
(a) It reminded her of her mother
(b) Compared to other women in the spa, she had very small breasts with large nipples
(c) It made her feel like a weak child
(d) It didn't have the power to become the only body in Tomas's life
Short Answer Questions
1. The difference between Tereza and other women is that Tereza had come to Tomas...
2. In Part 3, chapter 2, why were Sabina and Tomas touched by the sight of the bowler hat?
3. What term did Tereza use to express how she felt about life with her family?
4. What does Franz worry about daily?
5. Approximately how many women had Tomas known?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)