Part 1, Chapters 1-5 | Part 1, Chapters 6-10
* Tomas and Tereza are introduced as Tomas recalls the way in which he met Tereza.
* Ten days after they meet, Tereza visits Tomas, they make love, and she comes down with the flu.
* Tomas, a doctor, falls in love with Tereza as he nurses her to health.
* As Tomas considers whether or not to contact Tereza, she comes with a suitcase to Prague uninvited.
Part 1, Chapters 11-17
* Tomas marries Tereza and buys her a female puppy he names Karenin.
* The Soviets invade Prague, Tomas is offered a job in Zurich and he and Tereza move there.
* Tomas continues his infidelity in Zurich, especially with his mistress Sabina, who happens to also live there at that time.
* Tereza leaves Tomas and returns to Prague and he quits his job and follows her there.
Part 2, Chapters 1-6
* Tereza's background, which mostly deals with her...
This section contains 1,741 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)