|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. True Son finds that he misses who after he is gone?
2. Where does True Son say that his father learned a swear word from?
3. Where are the Indians who are looking for True Son sent?
4. The second night the boys are in the boat, what do they pass?
5. Where was True Son when he was taken by Indians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Parson Elder tell Myra and Kate after talking to True Son?
2. Why does True Son sabotage the ambush attempt?
3. Describe True Son's first night back with his Indian family.
4. Bejance tells True Son "They have the harness on you Injun boy." What does he mean by this?
5. Why does Half Arrow say that True Son has been living with the whites for too long?
6. What does Harry Butler do to calm himself down?
7. Why is Myra Butler bedridden?
8. How does True Son find Half Arrow?
9. Describe Half Arrow and True Son's night leaving camp. Does it sound like a good experience to you?
10. Describe True Son and Half Arrows first several days back at Lenni Lenape.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationships between True Son and the Butler family. Compare those to the relationships between True Son and his Indian family.
Essay Topic 2
What hunting story does Cuyloga remind True Son of via Half Arrow? What meaning does True Son take away from the story?
Essay Topic 3
What bother's True Son about the scalp that Thitpan has claimed? Knowing Cuyloga's attitude on the subject, do you think that True Son would feel the same way if he had never gone to live with the Butlers? Why or why not?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)