|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does True Son call Half Arrow?
2. Who sees True Son before he can sneak away from the house with his horse?
3. Half Arrow declares that no one will follow them past what point?
4. Who does not come to the celebration of True Son and Half Arrow's homecoming?
5. What does True Son call the month of January?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe True Son's arrival at his village.
2. Gordie tells the basket maker that he is a slave. How does he respond?
3. Describe True Son's feelings about Del's departure.
4. When True Son is offered liquor, he compares this to what?
5. What is Mr. Butler's reaction when he finds True Son going to visit Corn Blade?
6. Why does Half Arrow say that True Son has been living with the whites for too long?
7. Describe True Son and Half Arrows first several days back at Lenni Lenape.
8. What items does True Son take from hiding after leaving Uncle Wilse's house? Where did he get them?
9. How does True Son find Half Arrow?
10. Describe True Son's first night back with his Indian family.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe three scenes in which there is extensive use of imagery. Does this add anything significant to the story? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationships between True Son and the Butler family. Compare those to the relationships between True Son and his Indian family.
Essay Topic 3
What hunting story does Cuyloga remind True Son of via Half Arrow? What meaning does True Son take away from the story?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)