|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do True Son and Half Arrow attempt to do to the man who killed their friend?
2. Who did Half Arrow and True Son learn to make this device from?
3. How does True Son call Half Arrow?
4. Who brings word of Indians to Harry?
5. What bothers True Son about the scalp that Thitpan claims?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry Butler do to calm himself down?
2. Why does Half Arrow say that True Son has been living with the whites for too long?
3. How does True Son find Half Arrow?
4. What does Parson Elder tell Myra and Kate after talking to True Son?
5. When True Son is offered liquor, he compares this to what?
6. Half Arrow makes Thitpan mad by questioning him. What does he question him about?
7. Describe Half Arrow and True Son's night leaving camp. Does it sound like a good experience to you?
8. What news is brought to Harry Butler? Who is the messenger?
9. Bejance tells True Son "They have the harness on you Injun boy." What does he mean by this?
10. Why is Parson Elder called to the butler home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
True Son often refers to things in nature as family members. Name three instances of this. What does this make the reader think and feel about True Son?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the tree that True Son sees while he is with the military? Do you think that True Son would have the same feelings about the tree at the end of the story?
Essay Topic 3
After the failed ambush, what do the Indians do to True Son's face? What does it symbolize, and what following events does it alert True Son to? What does Cuyloga do to his own face in response, and why?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)