|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is picked to guide the war party?
2. How does True Son call Half Arrow?
3. Why does True Son have second thoughts about the ambush?
4. Where was True Son when he was taken by Indians?
5. What does True Son have in common with the basket maker, Bejance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Bejance tells True Son "They have the harness on you Injun boy." What does he mean by this?
2. Why is Myra Butler bedridden?
3. Why does True Son sabotage the ambush attempt?
4. Describe True Son's first night back with his Indian family.
5. Describe True Son's feelings about Del's departure.
6. What do True Son and Half Arrow pass the second night in the boat? What does True Son say about it?
7. What does passing Fort Pitt mean for True Son and Half Arrow.
8. Why does Half Arrow say that True Son has been living with the whites for too long?
9. Describe True Son's arrival at his village.
10. Why does True Son tell Half Arrow that he must be his brother from now on.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What bother's True Son about the scalp that Thitpan has claimed? Knowing Cuyloga's attitude on the subject, do you think that True Son would feel the same way if he had never gone to live with the Butlers? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationships between True Son and the Butler family. Compare those to the relationships between True Son and his Indian family.
Essay Topic 3
After the failed ambush, what do the Indians do to True Son's face? What does it symbolize, and what following events does it alert True Son to? What does Cuyloga do to his own face in response, and why?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)