|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. True Son compares white people and Indian people to what?
2. What does True Son's brother ask True Son to do with his Indian clothes after he changes out of them?
3. Why does Little Crane think that the Great Being gave the whites a Good Book but not the Indians?
4. What is True Son's white father's first name?
5. Who does True Son know that killed himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Cuyloga leaves True Son in the white's camp, True Son thinks about his home in the tribe. How does he remember it?
2. Del describes Colonel Bouquet as the peacefullest man but mad as a wolverine. What is meant by this?
3. What are some of the things that the white soldiers do that True Son, Little Crane, and Half Arrow think are strange?
4. True Son sees a tree on the march from the camp. Describe the tree and explain what it means to True Son.
5. True Son feels that he has been imprisoned in three ways. What are they?
6. How does True Son compare his white father to Cuyloga?
7. Describe True Son's first meeting with his mother.
8. How does Uncle Wilse react to being asked if a man who murdered his wife and children is his brother?
9. Little Crain thinks that the white people act strange for what reason?
10. True Son is surprised that he must go with the whites, even though he know that his tribe must give up all white prisoners. Why is he surprised?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
True Son often refers to things in nature as family members. Name three instances of this. What does this make the reader think and feel about True Son?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss True Son's character. What his character dynamic or static? Why?
Essay Topic 3
True Son becomes uncomfortable with the stories that Little Crane told Uncle Wilse. What are the stories, and why is True Son uncomfortable with them when Half Arrow is not?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)