|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of True Son's Indian father?
2. Who forces True Son to wash and dress in white clothing?
3. Who is True Son's favorite cousin?
4. Why does True Son vow to kill the red-haired guard?
5. Half Arrow says what, as an apology to a guard after True Son attacks Del?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does True Son think about the white village that the party camps near?
2. What does True Son tell his father about the Susquehanna River?
3. When Del and True Son are arguing about whether True Son is white or Indian, True Son holds out his arm and says, "You call this White?" How does Del try to counter this argument?
4. What makes True Son feel worse after he leaves Fort Pitt and why?
5. There is one thing that the white soldiers do that Little Crane, True Son, and Half Arrow have seen the white soldiers doing and hope they continue to do so. What is it and why?
6. How does Uncle Wilse react to being asked if a man who murdered his wife and children is his brother?
7. What did the spell that Cuyloga placed on True Son do?
8. Describe Fort Pitt as Del Hardy sees it.
9. Explain the reasoning for Cuyloga sending the message for True Son not to resist the whites.
10. True Son sees a tree on the march from the camp. Describe the tree and explain what it means to True Son.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does True Son feel about his work in the fields? What does Bejance say about it? Compare and contrast Harry Butler's and Cuyloga's attitudes towards the chore.
Essay Topic 2
Describe three scenes in which there are extensive details of people, places or events. Are these details necessary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the story, True Son acknowledges that this trip into white society is similar to the one that he made before. Explain the similarities. True Son also acknowledges that he would trade the first trip for this one. Explain why.
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)