|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. True Son finds that he misses who after he is gone?
(c) Uncle Wilse.
2. What does True Son's father say when True Son tells him that he is going to see Corn Blade?
(a) To be home in time for supper.
(b) Corn Blade died long ago.
(c) Not to come back home.
(d) Not to associate with such savages.
3. Who sees True Son before he can sneak away from the house with his horse?
(b) Mr. Butler.
(c) The maid.
(d) Aunt Kate.
4. What does Parson Elder say that the Peshtank men would have done to him for stopping them from killing the Contestogo Indians?
(a) Hanged him.
(b) Scalped him.
(c) Killed his favorite horse.
(d) Taken his wife and children from him.
5. True Son feels better after doing what?
(a) Scalping a white man.
(b) Taking a nap.
(c) Sneaking out of the house.
(d) Singing to the Great Spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the doctor do to True Son's feet?
2. True Son and Half Arrow find Indian Hearts. What are they?
3. What does True Son call the month of February?
4. Why doesn't Half Arrow immediately come out of hiding when talking to True Son.
5. How does True Son call Half Arrow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does passing Fort Pitt mean for True Son and Half Arrow.
2. Why does True Son tell Half Arrow that he must be his brother from now on.
3. When True Son is offered liquor, he compares this to what?
4. Half Arrow tells True Son that Little Crane told happy stories while they were with his Uncle. What kind of stories were they?
5. What is Mr. Butler's reaction when he finds True Son going to visit Corn Blade?
6. What is Harry Butler hoping that True Son will tell him when he confides in him on his sickbed?
7. Why is Myra Butler bedridden?
8. What does the doctor say is wrong with True Son?
9. Half Arrow makes Thitpan mad by questioning him. What does he question him about?
10. Describe True Son's feelings about Del's departure.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)