|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does True Son have second thoughts about the ambush?
(a) There are too many mothers.
(b) He is not sure that he can kill someone.
(c) He is thinking of his white mother and father.
(d) He sees a young child.
2. What is the first thing that True Son and Half Arrow do when reaching the mouth of the Muskingum?
(c) Give a homecoming yell.
(d) Dance with joy.
3. True son tells Parson Elder that Cuyloga says that men who do this are cowards.
(a) Fight children.
(b) Befriend whites.
(c) Pray to God for help.
4. What does True Son call the month of February?
(a) The Month of Few Days.
(b) The Second Month.
(c) The Month of Two Full Moons.
(d) The Month when the First Frog Croaks.
5. How does True Son ruin the ambush?
(a) He yells out a warning.
(b) He trades sides to shoot at the Indians.
(c) He falls and trips the other warriors.
(d) He lies to the war party about who is in the boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the last mountain different from the other mountains the boys have crossed?
2. Who is picked to guide the war party?
3. How many Indians asked about True Son?
4. Why won't True Son run away when he is sent to get a new basket?
5. What do True Son and Half Arrow use for shelter from the rain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Half Arrow tells True Son that Little Crane told happy stories while they were with his Uncle. What kind of stories were they?
2. What is Mr. Butler's reaction when he finds True Son going to visit Corn Blade?
3. Describe True Son's feelings about Del's departure.
4. Why is Parson Elder called to the butler home?
5. What items does True Son take from hiding after leaving Uncle Wilse's house? Where did he get them?
6. Half Arrow makes Thitpan mad by questioning him. What does he question him about?
7. Describe True Son's weekly routine. How does he feel about it?
8. How does True Son find Half Arrow?
9. Describe Half Arrow and True Son's night leaving camp. Does it sound like a good experience to you?
10. What does True Son think and feel about his situation when he wakes up on the mountain?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)