|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs Half Arrow away from the Butler house?
(b) Myra Butler.
(c) Harry Butler.
(d) Aunt Kate.
2. Where do True Son and Half Arrow run to?
(a) The Susqehanna River.
(c) The First Mountain.
(d) The Third Mountain.
3. Who tells True Son and Half Arrow that the weather is about to change?
(a) A fur trader.
(b) Their uncle, the Moon.
(c) Little Crane, in spirit.
(d) A medicine man.
4. What does Gordie drink during the meeting with Parson Elder?
(a) Grape juice.
(b) Straight whiskey.
(c) Whiskey and water.
5. What is True Son's only regret about the recent events?
(a) That he is leaving Gordie behind.
(b) That he stole from his father.
(c) That he forgot his bearskin blanket.
(d) That he and Half Arrow tried to kill Uncle Wilse.
Short Answer Questions
1. The second night the boys are in the boat, what do they pass?
2. What do Half Arrow and True Son put over their friend's grave?
3. What do the boys pass that makes them certain they are on the right path?
4. What do True Son and Half Arrow attempt to do to the man who killed their friend?
5. Where does True Son sit to talk to Parson Elder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does True Son sabotage the ambush attempt?
2. Describe True Son and Half Arrows first several days back at Lenni Lenape.
3. What news is brought to Harry Butler? Who is the messenger?
4. Why does Half Arrow say that True Son has been living with the whites for too long?
5. Describe True Son's feelings about Del's departure.
6. What does the doctor say is wrong with True Son?
7. Half Arrow tells True Son that Little Crane told happy stories while they were with his Uncle. What kind of stories were they?
8. Why does True Son tell Half Arrow that he must be his brother from now on.
9. What does Harry Butler do to calm himself down?
10. What does passing Fort Pitt mean for True Son and Half Arrow.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)