|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does True Son believe that his tribe will say about him committing suicide?
(a) That he brings shame to his father's name.
(b) That he died to early.
(c) That he triumphed over his enemies.
(d) That he was a coward.
2. What does Half Arrow give to True Son?
(a) Beef jerky and a new vest.
(b) Parched corn, new moccasins, and True Son's bed.
(c) A spear.
(d) True Son's bed and a knife.
3. What relative is waiting at the door for True Son's arrival, along with True Son's brother?
(a) Grandpa Herman.
(b) Grandma Stella.
(c) Uncle Sam.
(d) Aunt Kate.
4. What did the Butlers originally name True Son?
5. Why does True Son attack Del?
(a) Del pointed his gun at Half Arrow.
(b) Del spit on True Son.
(c) Del insulted True Son's Indian ways.
(d) Del spit on Little Crane.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has True Son lived with the Indians?
2. Why does True Son vow to kill the red-haired guard?
3. What does Mrs. Butler say that True Son will have to do if he does not say the name that he was born with?
4. What does Del Hardy do when he first sees Fort Pitt?
5. What does True Son attempt to take from Del during their struggle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Fort Pitt as True Son sees it.
2. Why did Half Arrow stop marching with True son at night?
3. When Del and True Son are arguing about whether True Son is white or Indian, True Son holds out his arm and says, "You call this White?" How does Del try to counter this argument?
4. Compare/contrast Del Hardy's reaction to seeing Fort Pitt to True Son's reaction to the same.
5. When Cuyloga leaves True Son in the white's camp, True Son thinks about his home in the tribe. How does he remember it?
6. Half Arrow presents True Son with gifts. What are they and what messages do they hold?
7. True Son is humiliated because he hides in attempt to avoid going to the whites. How is he humiliated?
8. The guards are amazed at the outpouring of love and grief for the whites that were given up. Although they are astonished at this, what is it that they can't get over? Why do you think that it surprised them?
9. True Son is surprised that he must go with the whites, even though he know that his tribe must give up all white prisoners. Why is he surprised?
10. How does Uncle Wilse react to being asked if a man who murdered his wife and children is his brother?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)