|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does True Son's brother ask True Son to do with his Indian clothes after he changes out of them?
(a) Burn them in the fireplace.
(b) Hang them as decoration in his room.
(c) Give them to him so that he can be an Indian.
(d) Put them in the laudry to be washed.
2. Who forces True Son to wash and dress in white clothing?
(b) Mr. Butler.
(c) Aunt Kate.
(d) Mrs. Butler.
3. What is True Son doing when Del first speaks to him in his Indian language?
(a) Trying to escape.
(b) Yelling at the guards.
(c) Eating a bowl of soup.
(d) Crying for his Indian father.
4. Why is Half Arrow surprised at True Son's appearance?
(a) True son was wearing white man's clothes.
(b) He did not expect True Son to be tied up.
(c) True Son had a black eye.
(d) True Son had lost a lot of weight.
5. Why was True Son taken by his Indian Father?
(a) To act as a servent in the tribe.
(b) To replace his Indian Father's first son.
(c) To make his childless Indian Mother happy.
(d) To take revenge on whites.
Short Answer Questions
1. True Son's arms were free to attack Del for what reason?
2. How do Del and Mr. Butler cross the Susquehanna River?
3. Half Arrow says what, as an apology to a guard after True Son attacks Del?
4. On the trail the soldiers take from camp, what sign does True Son see, symbolizing his will to go home?
5. What is True Son's white mother's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does True Son think about the white village that the party camps near?
2. How does True Son compare his white father to Cuyloga?
3. Little Crain thinks that the white people act strange for what reason?
4. Del describes Colonel Bouquet as the peacefullest man but mad as a wolverine. What is meant by this?
5. The guards are amazed at the outpouring of love and grief for the whites that were given up. Although they are astonished at this, what is it that they can't get over? Why do you think that it surprised them?
6. Describe how True Son is dressed when brought into camp and why, according to Del's point of view.
7. Why did Half Arrow stop marching with True son at night?
8. Describe Fort Pitt as Del Hardy sees it.
9. What makes True Son feel worse after he leaves Fort Pitt and why?
10. Compare/contrast Del Hardy's reaction to seeing Fort Pitt to True Son's reaction to the same.
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)