|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Half Arrow give to True Son?
(a) Parched corn, new moccasins, and True Son's bed.
(b) A spear.
(c) True Son's bed and a knife.
(d) Beef jerky and a new vest.
2. What is the master language of Indians?
3. True Son compares white people and Indian people to what?
(a) Antalope and Buffalo.
(b) Rabbits and fox.
(c) Sheep and Deer.
(d) Dogs and cats.
4. How do Del and Mr. Butler cross the Susquehanna River?
(a) On horseback.
(b) By ferry.
(c) By swimming.
(d) By bridge.
5. What were Colonel Bouquet's orders when they marched into the Indian territory?
(a) Kill all the savages you see.
(b) Unless attacked, don't lay hands on a savage.
(c) Burn everything you can, and run.
(d) Kill the men, but don't harm the Indian women and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. True Son decides that the English people are so pale for what reason?
2. True Son felt that the Indian fathers and mothers would be proud of them during the claiming of the captives for what reason?
3. The whites immediately start lifting the clothes of the returned captives. Why?
4. True Son realizes that the many people gathered to meet the party are who?
5. Why is Half Arrow surprised at True Son's appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe True Son's first meeting with his mother.
2. What makes True Son feel worse after he leaves Fort Pitt and why?
3. What does True Son think about the white village that the party camps near?
4. How does Uncle Wilse react to being asked if a man who murdered his wife and children is his brother?
5. What is the Peshtank story?
6. Why did Half Arrow stop marching with True son at night?
7. True Son is humiliated because he hides in attempt to avoid going to the whites. How is he humiliated?
8. Describe how True Son is dressed when brought into camp and why, according to Del's point of view.
9. Describe Fort Pitt as Del Hardy sees it.
10. What are some of the things that the white soldiers do that True Son, Little Crane, and Half Arrow think are strange?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)