|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Del order True Son to do?
(a) Shake his father's hand.
(b) Tell his father hi.
(c) Hug his father.
(d) Wear the coat his father gives him.
2. True Son's arms were free to attack Del for what reason?
(a) True Son asks to be allowed to hug his cousing farwell.
(b) Half Arrow has cut the bindings loose.
(c) Because he had been behaving himself.
(d) To enable him to carry his pack above water.
3. What is True Son's white mother's first name?
4. True Son felt that the Indian fathers and mothers would be proud of them during the claiming of the captives for what reason?
(a) The captives struggled as much as possible.
(b) The captives did not show their emotions.
(c) The captives spit at their white parents.
(d) The captives took extra time with their appearances.
5. Why is True Son upset about carrying his own bathwater?
(a) He keeps on spilling it.
(b) It is women's work.
(c) Gordie is laughing at him.
(d) It is heavy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has True Son lived with the Indians?
2. Uncle Wilse accuses True Son of purposely deceiving them by doing what?
3. What does Del Hardy do when he first sees Fort Pitt?
4. What helps Del and Mr. Butler get True Son up the stairs?
5. Why is True Son disappointed that Del is accompanying him and his white father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things that the white soldiers do that True Son, Little Crane, and Half Arrow think are strange?
2. Describe True Son's first meeting with his mother.
3. What does True Son think about the white village that the party camps near?
4. True Son is surprised that he must go with the whites, even though he know that his tribe must give up all white prisoners. Why is he surprised?
5. What does True Son tell his father about the Susquehanna River?
6. Why did Half Arrow stop marching with True son at night?
7. Describe how True Son is dressed when brought into camp and why, according to Del's point of view.
8. When Del and True Son are arguing about whether True Son is white or Indian, True Son holds out his arm and says, "You call this White?" How does Del try to counter this argument?
9. Uncle George tells True Son that they have taken the law into their own hands for what reason?
10. There is one thing that the white soldiers do that Little Crane, True Son, and Half Arrow have seen the white soldiers doing and hope they continue to do so. What is it and why?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)