|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys pass that makes them certain they are on the right path?
(a) Traders with pelts.
(b) A painted feather flowing downstream.
(c) Messages carved in trees.
(d) An arrow stuck in a tree.
2. How does True Son call Half Arrow?
(a) By calling in Delaware.
(b) With owl calls.
(c) With coyote calls.
(d) With whippoorwill calls.
3. Who has killed True Son's friend?
(a) Parson Elder.
(b) Uncle George.
(c) Uncle Wilse.
(d) Harry Butler.
4. What does Gordie drink during the meeting with Parson Elder?
(a) Whiskey and water.
(c) Grape juice.
(d) Straight whiskey.
5. What is the old Indian's name?
(b) Corn Blade.
(c) Antelope Runs.
6. True Son feels better after doing what?
(a) Singing to the Great Spirit.
(b) Scalping a white man.
(c) Sneaking out of the house.
(d) Taking a nap.
7. Who brings word of Indians to Harry?
(b) Doctor Childsley's son.
(c) Parson Elder's son.
(d) The mailman.
8. True Son thinks that the English shoes are made for him for what purpose?
(a) To keep him from running away.
(b) Because the Butlers love him.
(c) To protect his feet.
(d) So that the Butlers don't have to see his moccasins anymore.
9. What do Half Arrow and True Son put over their friend's grave?
(b) Tree branches.
10. How does Half Arrow justify stealing a boat?
(a) The fur trapper is a bad man.
(b) The boat shouldn't have been left where it could be taken.
(c) They are taking back what the whites took from them.
(d) They are only borrowing it to be returned.
11. What do the boys do while they are hiding the day after stealing the boat?
(c) Carve boat paddles.
(d) Leave messages for thier followers.
12. Half Arrow takes True Son to see the Indian who was killed. Who is it?
(b) Little Crain.
(d) Corn Blade.
13. Where does True Son take the once hidden provisions from?
(a) From a hollow tree in the wood.
(b) From under the seat of a boat.
(c) From a haystack in the barn.
(d) From a cabinet in the kitchen.
14. Why doesn't Half Arrow immediately come out of hiding when talking to True Son.
(a) True Son's Lenni Lenape is not good.
(b) He is mad at True Son.
(c) He is afraid that True Son is being followed.
(d) He is afraid that True Son has been changed to hate Indians.
15. Who does Parson Elder come to the house to check on?
(b) True Son.
(c) Harry Butler.
(d) Myra Butler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't True Son run away when he is sent to get a new basket?
2. Who runs Half Arrow away from the Butler house?
3. Who gives True Son permission to join the war party?
4. What do True Son and Half Arrow attempt to do to the man who killed their friend?
5. What do the boys eat on the first day in the mountains?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)