|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives True Son permission to join the war party?
2. Who did Half Arrow and True Son learn to make this device from?
(a) Their fathers.
(c) Fur trappers.
(d) Their mothers.
3. Who does not come to the celebration of True Son and Half Arrow's homecoming?
(b) Relatives of Little Crane.
4. What does True Son call the month of January?
(a) The Month of Mud and Muck.
(b) The Month when Ground Squirrels Begin to Run.
(c) The Month of Great Cold.
(d) The First Month.
5. What do True Son and Half Arrow attempt to do to the man who killed their friend?
(a) Burn his house.
(b) Kill his livestock.
(c) Scalp him.
(d) Shoot him.
6. What do the boys eat on the first day in the mountains?
(a) Roasted trurkey.
(b) Dried venison.
(c) Fried cornbread.
(d) Dry corn meal.
7. Bejance tells True son that he has been harnessed when he sees True son doing what?
(a) Harnessing a mule.
(b) Hoeing a field.
(c) Babysitting Gordie.
(d) Making a basket.
8. How many Indians asked about True Son?
9. When Harry doesn't have anything to do, what does he do?
(a) Counts his money.
(b) Takes a nap.
(c) Talks to Myra.
(d) Takes a walk.
10. What does True Son feel that their mother, the Earth, brought out from it's depths just for him and Half Arrow?
(a) Luck to keep them on track.
(b) Dirt to tread upon.
(c) Water to drink.
(d) Worms to fish with.
11. What do True Son and Half Arrow use for shelter from the rain?
(b) The boat.
(c) A hollow bank.
(d) A cave.
12. Where was True Son when he was taken by Indians?
(a) At the river fishing with his uncle.
(b) At home with his mother.
(c) At home with his nanny.
(d) In the wheat field with his father.
13. What does True Son refuse to take that Aunt Kate has offered to him?
(b) Cinamon rolls.
(c) Grape juice.
14. How does Thitpan plan to take over a river boat?
(a) By stealing another boat and overtaking it.
(b) By lining up in a shallow crossing to form a blockade.
(c) By using True Son as bait.
(d) By swimming to it.
15. True Son feels better after doing what?
(a) Singing to the Great Spirit.
(b) Taking a nap.
(c) Sneaking out of the house.
(d) Scalping a white man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do to calm himself?
2. What is Half Arrow's father's name?
3. How does True Son say the the white fur traders get fur from Indians cheap?
4. The second night the boys are in the boat, what do they pass?
5. How does True Son call Half Arrow?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)