|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Aunt Kate say is responsible for bringing True Son back home?
(a) Captain Bouquet.
(d) Parson Elder.
2. Who is shot and scalped in this chapter?
(a) Parson Elder.
(b) Doctor Childsley.
(c) Uncle George.
(d) An Indian looking for True Son.
3. Who tells True Son and Half Arrow that the weather is about to change?
(a) Their uncle, the Moon.
(b) Little Crane, in spirit.
(c) A fur trader.
(d) A medicine man.
4. What makes the last mountain different from the other mountains the boys have crossed?
(a) It has very little water flowing through it.
(b) It does not come to a point at the top.
(c) It is very small.
(d) It does come to a point at the top.
5. What do True Son and Half Arrow use for shelter from the rain?
(a) A cave.
(b) A hollow bank.
(c) The boat.
6. How does True Son say the the white fur traders get fur from Indians cheap?
(a) They get the Indians drunk.
(b) They kill the Indians who refuse.
(c) They make friends with the Indians.
(d) They beat the Indians up.
7. Bejance tells True son that he has been harnessed when he sees True son doing what?
(a) Harnessing a mule.
(b) Making a basket.
(c) Babysitting Gordie.
(d) Hoeing a field.
8. Who does Harry decide to tell about the Indians?
(a) No one.
(b) True Son.
(d) Aunt Kate.
9. Who takes True Son's moccasins and Indian dress?
(a) Aunt Kate.
(b) Mr. Butler.
10. Where does the Indian that Bejance tells True Son about live?
(a) On the third mountain.
(b) In a hut by the river.
(c) In Cuyloga's village.
(d) On the first mountain.
11. Why doesn't Half Arrow immediately come out of hiding when talking to True Son.
(a) True Son's Lenni Lenape is not good.
(b) He is afraid that True Son has been changed to hate Indians.
(c) He is mad at True Son.
(d) He is afraid that True Son is being followed.
12. What does Gordie drink during the meeting with Parson Elder?
(a) Grape juice.
(b) Whiskey and water.
(c) Straight whiskey.
13. What do the boys eat on the first day in the mountains?
(a) Roasted trurkey.
(b) Fried cornbread.
(c) Dry corn meal.
(d) Dried venison.
14. What does Harry do to calm himself?
(a) He talks to Myra.
(b) He builds a fire.
(c) He takes a nap.
(d) He does the books for the farm.
15. Where does True Son take the once hidden provisions from?
(a) From under the seat of a boat.
(b) From a haystack in the barn.
(c) From a hollow tree in the wood.
(d) From a cabinet in the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does True Son call the month of January?
2. Harry thinks it is too bad that True Son wasn't brought up to value what?
3. Who is the captain of the Peshtank men?
4. How does True Son call Half Arrow?
5. What do Half Arrow and True Son make to catch food?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)