|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is True Son's white mother's first name?
2. Half Arrow says what, as an apology to a guard after True Son attacks Del?
(a) "Our tribes have long been at war."
(b) "Once long ago my cousin had white blood."
(c) "I don't know why he acts this way."
(d) "True Son does not understand your ways."
3. What is True Son's white father's first name?
4. A body was found near camp one morning. Little Crane suspects that the soldiers did it. Who was killed?
(a) Ten Killer.
(b) The Arapaho.
(c) The Mohawk.
(d) Half Arrow.
5. How does True Son escape while crossing the river?
(a) He rides his horse off of the ferry.
(b) HeJumps off of the bridge to swim away.
(c) He swims underwater to shore.
(d) He scares the horses into throwing Del and Mr. Butler.
6. Why is True Son upset about carrying his own bathwater?
(a) It is heavy.
(b) It is women's work.
(c) Gordie is laughing at him.
(d) He keeps on spilling it.
7. Which uncle does True Son like?
(a) Uncle Wilse.
(b) Uncle George.
(c) None of them.
(d) Uncle Henry.
8. Little Crane thinks that white people act strange for what reason?
(a) They have forsaken the wilderness.
(b) They are not an original people.
(c) They don't get enough sun.
(d) They were not given as much inteligence by the Great Being.
9. What does True Son believe that his tribe will say about him committing suicide?
(a) That he died to early.
(b) That he triumphed over his enemies.
(c) That he brings shame to his father's name.
(d) That he was a coward.
10. Half Arrow decided that the guards are so pale and bandy-legged for what reason?
(a) Because the gods frowned on thier wicked ways.
(b) Because of the meat they eat.
(c) Because they are inferior by nature.
(d) Because they wear too much and do too little.
11. What does True Son imagine that his family will leave with his body after he is dead?
(a) His favorite possessions.
(b) Food for his journey.
12. Who is the author of this book?
(a) Chad Snodgrass.
(b) James Smith.
(c) Conrad Richter.
(d) Donald Wingfield.
13. Little Crane thinks that the whites crowd close and stare at them for what reason?
(a) The whites are near-sighted.
(b) The whites don't trust them out of thier sight.
(c) The whites are curious about them.
(d) The whites have bad manners.
14. Where was True Son originally from?
15. What does Del try to convince True Son of during their first encounters?
(a) That he will never fit in with the whites.
(b) That he should wear white clothing.
(c) That he should run away.
(d) That he is white.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of captivity does True Son learn they are leaving camp?
2. Where does True Son sleep on his first night in the Butler house?
3. What does Del Hardy do when he first sees Fort Pitt?
4. What sight made Colonel Bouquet rub his eyes?
5. True Son feels that the soldiers prove that they have learned from the Indians when they do what?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)