|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helps Del and Mr. Butler get True Son up the stairs?
(a) True Son sees his little brother running up them.
(b) True Son closes his eyes.
(c) They put him in a cart and push it up.
(d) They tell True Son that they are safe.
2. Why did the Indians give up their whites?
(a) The white captives were beginning to eat too much.
(b) The didn't like their whites much anyway.
(c) They were tired of hearing the white captives complaining.
(d) They didn't like the close white settlements.
3. What does True Son attempt to take from Del during their struggle?
(a) Del's knife and hatchet.
(b) Del's rifle.
(c) Del's rifle and knife.
(d) Del's money.
4. Cuyloga wants True Son to remember Cuyloga killing what enemy whose tribe is at war with Cuyloga's tribe?
(a) A white soldier.
(b) A bear.
(c) A Cherokee.
(d) A Mohawk.
5. Why does True Son attack Del?
(a) Del pointed his gun at Half Arrow.
(b) Del spit on Little Crane.
(c) Del insulted True Son's Indian ways.
(d) Del spit on True Son.
6. What does Del try to convince True Son of during their first encounters?
(a) That he should wear white clothing.
(b) That he will never fit in with the whites.
(c) That he should run away.
(d) That he is white.
7. Why does Little Crane think that the Great Being gave the whites a Good Book but not the Indians?
(a) The Great Being hasn't finished the Indian's Good Book yet.
(b) The Great Being favors the whites.
(c) The Indians know good and bad without it.
(d) The Indians should share the white's Good Book.
8. What spell did True Son's Indian father perform on him?
(a) He made True Son unable to run away.
(b) He recreated True Son's memory.
(c) He transformed True Son's white blood into Indian blood.
(d) He healed him from a snake bite.
9. At the end of Chapter 4, what separates True Son from Little Crane and Half Arrow?
(a) They are not seperated.
(b) The river.
(c) The forest.
(d) A gulley.
10. True Son's arms were free to attack Del for what reason?
(a) True Son asks to be allowed to hug his cousing farwell.
(b) Half Arrow has cut the bindings loose.
(c) To enable him to carry his pack above water.
(d) Because he had been behaving himself.
11. What relative is waiting at the door for True Son's arrival, along with True Son's brother?
(a) Uncle Sam.
(b) Grandma Stella.
(c) Grandpa Herman.
(d) Aunt Kate.
12. Uncle Wilse accuses True Son of purposely deceiving them by doing what?
(a) Telling people that Uncle Wilse is a murderer.
(b) Not speaking in English.
(c) Lying about speaking English.
(d) Making up stories about white people.
13. Why was True Son tied up?
(a) He wanted to escape the guards.
(b) The guards did not like his Indian ways.
(c) All of the whites captives were tied up.
(d) He tried to kill one of the guards.
14. The whites immediately start lifting the clothes of the returned captives. Why?
(a) They are making fun of the sewing.
(b) They are curious about the clothes.
(c) They are looking for birthmarks.
(d) They do not approve of the Indian garnments.
15. How does True Son believe that he came to live in an Indian tribe?
(a) He believes that he was born to his Indian father.
(b) He thinks that he got lost in the woods and was rescued.
(c) He knows that he was taken from whites.
(d) He thinks that he was given up for adoption.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is True Son upset about carrying his own bathwater?
2. What does Uncle Wilse do to True Son?
3. What did the Butlers originally name True Son?
4. Why is True Son disappointed that Del is accompanying him and his white father?
5. How long has True Son lived with the Indians?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)