|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is True Son's little brother's name?
2. Why does Del speak the native language and understand the culture better than the other guards?
(a) He has spied on them.
(b) He lived near the Indians when he was young.
(c) His child was also kidnapped and reclaimed.
(d) He has studied thier language and culture at school.
3. What is True Son's white mother's first name?
4. What is the red-haired guard called?
5. What keeps True Son awake on his first night in the Butler house?
(a) The sound of Del snoring.
(b) His little brother won't stop talking.
(c) Not being able to sleep outside.
(d) Being surrounded by his enemies.
6. Why was True Son tied up?
(a) He tried to kill one of the guards.
(b) He wanted to escape the guards.
(c) All of the whites captives were tied up.
(d) The guards did not like his Indian ways.
7. What does Uncle Wilse do to True Son?
(a) He attacks him with a knife.
(b) He steals his bearskin banket.
(c) He slaps him in the face.
(d) He tells him to go home.
8. Cuyloga wants True Son to remember Cuyloga killing what enemy whose tribe is at war with Cuyloga's tribe?
(a) A bear.
(b) A Mohawk.
(c) A white soldier.
(d) A Cherokee.
9. The whites immediately start lifting the clothes of the returned captives. Why?
(a) They are making fun of the sewing.
(b) They are curious about the clothes.
(c) They are looking for birthmarks.
(d) They do not approve of the Indian garnments.
10. What does Del try to convince True Son of during their first encounters?
(a) That he will never fit in with the whites.
(b) That he should wear white clothing.
(c) That he should run away.
(d) That he is white.
11. How does True Son believe that he came to live in an Indian tribe?
(a) He thinks that he got lost in the woods and was rescued.
(b) He thinks that he was given up for adoption.
(c) He knows that he was taken from whites.
(d) He believes that he was born to his Indian father.
12. Why is Half Arrow surprised at True Son's appearance?
(a) He did not expect True Son to be tied up.
(b) True Son had a black eye.
(c) True Son had lost a lot of weight.
(d) True son was wearing white man's clothes.
13. What does True Son's brother ask True Son to do with his Indian clothes after he changes out of them?
(a) Give them to him so that he can be an Indian.
(b) Put them in the laudry to be washed.
(c) Burn them in the fireplace.
(d) Hang them as decoration in his room.
14. Cuyloga does not want True Son to struggle for what reason?
(a) The white man might scalp True Son.
(b) Cuyloga is planning a rescue mission.
(c) Cuyloga does not want True Son anymore.
(d) True Son will adjust to white life more easily this way.
15. Why is True Son disappointed that Del is accompanying him and his white father?
(a) True Son does trust Del's translations.
(b) True Son is tired of traveling with Del.
(c) True Son will not get alone time with his father.
(d) True Son will not be able to kill his white father.
Short Answer Questions
1. True Son feels that the soldiers prove that they have learned from the Indians when they do what?
2. On what day of captivity does True Son learn they are leaving camp?
3. True Son's Indian father tells his son to go like an Indian and give him no more shame. What did he mean by this?
4. How long has True Son lived with the Indians?
5. Who tells True Son that they will soon meet a river?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)