|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Wilse do to True Son?
(a) He steals his bearskin banket.
(b) He tells him to go home.
(c) He attacks him with a knife.
(d) He slaps him in the face.
2. Why is True Son disappointed that Del is accompanying him and his white father?
(a) True Son is tired of traveling with Del.
(b) True Son does trust Del's translations.
(c) True Son will not get alone time with his father.
(d) True Son will not be able to kill his white father.
3. Who is the author of this book?
(a) Conrad Richter.
(b) Donald Wingfield.
(c) James Smith.
(d) Chad Snodgrass.
4. What does True Son immediately do when he sees his white father?
(a) True Son runs to attack his white father.
(b) True Son begins to cry.
(c) True Son compares him to Cuyloga.
(d) True Son tries to escape.
5. What does True Son believe that his tribe will say about him committing suicide?
(a) That he brings shame to his father's name.
(b) That he died to early.
(c) That he was a coward.
(d) That he triumphed over his enemies.
6. What did True Son where when taken into the camp?
(a) Leggings and a bear skin jacket.
(b) Leggings and mocasins, but no shirt.
(c) A brand-new calico hunting shirt.
(d) A jacket with fringe and beading around the seams.
7. How was a dispute settled when more than one person claimed to be the relative of a returned captive?
(a) The captain chose.
(b) They fought for it.
(c) The captive was asked to choose.
(d) A hearing was given.
8. Why was True Son taken by his Indian Father?
(a) To make his childless Indian Mother happy.
(b) To act as a servent in the tribe.
(c) To replace his Indian Father's first son.
(d) To take revenge on whites.
9. Which uncle does True Son like?
(a) Uncle Henry.
(b) Uncle Wilse.
(c) None of them.
(d) Uncle George.
10. What helps Del and Mr. Butler get True Son up the stairs?
(a) They put him in a cart and push it up.
(b) True Son sees his little brother running up them.
(c) They tell True Son that they are safe.
(d) True Son closes his eyes.
11. What does True Son say when he first reunites with his white father?
(a) "Why are you wearing women's dress?"
(b) "He's not my father."
(c) "Nice to meet you."
(d) "I belong with Cuyloga."
12. Little Crane thinks that white people act strange for what reason?
(a) They don't get enough sun.
(b) They are not an original people.
(c) They have forsaken the wilderness.
(d) They were not given as much inteligence by the Great Being.
13. What were Colonel Bouquet's orders when they marched into the Indian territory?
(a) Kill the men, but don't harm the Indian women and children.
(b) Kill all the savages you see.
(c) Unless attacked, don't lay hands on a savage.
(d) Burn everything you can, and run.
14. Why does Half Arrow decide that it's okay to march with True son to keep him company.
(a) His father told him he could.
(b) He asked permission from the white guards.
(c) Little Crane marched with his white sqaw.
(d) He doesn't care what the guards think.
15. Where does Del find True Son?
(a) In the river.
(b) In a tangle of adlers and sweetbrier.
(c) In a hollow tree.
(d) At Fort Hunter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Del and Mr. Butler cross the Susquehanna River?
2. What is True Son's white father's first name?
3. What does True Son imagine that his family will leave with his body after he is dead?
4. Who is True Son's favorite cousin?
5. How does True son plan killing himself?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)