|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Half Arrow says what, as an apology to a guard after True Son attacks Del?
(a) "I don't know why he acts this way."
(b) "Once long ago my cousin had white blood."
(c) "True Son does not understand your ways."
(d) "Our tribes have long been at war."
2. What were Colonel Bouquet's orders when they marched into the Indian territory?
(a) Unless attacked, don't lay hands on a savage.
(b) Kill all the savages you see.
(c) Kill the men, but don't harm the Indian women and children.
(d) Burn everything you can, and run.
3. Del says that he has been ordered to accompany True Son and his father for what reason?
(a) To make sure that they arrive safely.
(b) To protect True Son's white father from True Son.
(c) To translate between them.
(d) Because it is on his way.
4. On what day of captivity does True Son learn they are leaving camp?
(a) The second day.
(b) The fifth day.
(c) The third day.
(d) The fourth day
5. True Son's arms were free to attack Del for what reason?
(a) To enable him to carry his pack above water.
(b) Because he had been behaving himself.
(c) True Son asks to be allowed to hug his cousing farwell.
(d) Half Arrow has cut the bindings loose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is True Son's Indian mother's name?
2. How was a dispute settled when more than one person claimed to be the relative of a returned captive?
3. Why did the Indians give up their whites?
4. Who does True Son know that killed himself?
5. A body was found near camp one morning. Little Crane suspects that the soldiers did it. Who was killed?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)