|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Joe ashamed when he places an order for pie and coffee?
(a) He stutters when he talks.
(b) He is too young to drink coffee.
(c) He does not have enough money.
(d) He spills the coffee on his shirt.
2. In the morning, Christmas returns to the cabin and dresses in _____________________.
(a) formal suit and suspenders
(b) t-shirt and jeans
(c) suit pants, white shirt and bow tie
3. What does Christmas sell in order to buy a new suit?
(a) Some old coins
(b) His stamp collection
(c) Some antique farm equipment
(d) A heifer
4. When Hightower does not leave, who threatens him by beating him unconscious in the woods near his home?
(a) The church elders
(b) A group of thugs
(c) The Ku Klux Klan
(d) The Mafia
5. Why is Lena walking down the dusty road?
(a) She is taking a short cut.
(b) She likes to take walks.
(c) She is looking for the father of her child.
(d) She is lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hightower do to supplement his monthly inheritance since he lost his position at the church twenty-five years ago?
2. What is Christmas' plan?
3. Joe begins to work very hard at the farm and soon Mr. McEachern gives him a new _________.
4. How much older than Lena is McKinley?
5. Where does Hightower now spend all his time?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)