|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christmas do when he has no money to pay the answer to #112?
(a) He tells them he is of Negro blood and they chase him away with no thought of payment.
(b) They tell him to use a credit card.
(c) They call the authorities on him.
(d) They tell him that they will take a check.
2. The sheriff has his men beat a Negro so that he will them what?
(a) That Miss Burden had a lot of enemies
(b) That Miss Burden was crazy
(c) That no one would ever hurt Miss Burden
(d) That Christmas and Brown lived in the cabin
3. Why does Byron not tell Miss Burden about Christmas and Brown's illegal whiskey business?
(a) Because Byron does not like Miss Burden
(b) Because it is none of her business
(c) Because she approves of the whiskey sales
(d) Because she is an abolitionist
4. How old is Miss Burden when she discovers him stealing food from her house?
(a) Fifty-three years old
(b) Twenty-five years old
(c) Thirty-years old
(d) Forty-one years old
5. Where is Christmas finally able to relax and sleep?
(a) In an abandoned mine
(b) In the wagon of a stranger
(c) In an old cabin
(d) In a ditch
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to prevent the answer to #46 from entering the house to check for survivors?
2. What happens when Mr. McEachern calls Bobbie a harlot?
3. How does the relationship between Christmas and Miss Burden evolve?
4. What does Christmas do when the horse he is riding back to town runs out of energy?
5. What does Miss Burden leave out for Christmas every Saturday?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)