|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Christmas quit his job at the mill?
(a) He got a better offer from another mill.
(b) He and Brown are partners in the whiskey business.
(c) He is leaving town.
(d) He is bored with the work at the mill.
2. Why is Christmas shocked when he arrives at Bobbie's?
(a) He finds her employers and two other men in her room.
(b) He did not know Bobbie would have so many suitcases.
(c) Bobbie is not there.
(d) Bobbie is not packed yet.
3. Who has been living in the cabin on the Burden property?
(a) Lena and Lucas Burch
(b) Lena and Joe Brown
(c) Joe Christmas and Joe Brown
(d) Lena and Joe Christmas
4. Joe begins to work very hard at the farm and soon Mr. McEachern gives him a new _________.
5. What do the townspeople do after Mrs. Hightower's death?
(a) They tell him to get his act together.
(b) They send him to a sanitorium,
(c) They force Hightower to resign, lock him out of the church and give him momey to relocate.
(d) They send him on a much-needed vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christmas escape the McEachern house one night?
2. What does Christmas do with the answer to #77?
3. The sheriff has his men beat a Negro so that he will them what?
4. Who is the man that Byron Bunch recalls as coming to work at the planing mill three years ago?
5. At whose home does Lena spend the night?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)