|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A negro awakens the sheriff at his home to tell him that a white man has terrorized some black people ____________.
(a) at the sawmill
(b) at a bus station
(c) at a restaurant
(d) at church
2. What happens one day when Christmas is taking some of the answer to #61?
(a) Christmas falls asleep.
(b) Christmas soils his clothes.
(c) Christmas breaks a valuable keepsake.
(d) The dietician and her lover enter her room for an amorous encounter.
3. Why does Lena move into the cabin?
(a) Her baby is due soon and she wants to give her child a home.
(b) She does not want to return home.
(c) She thinks it is Lucas Burch's house.
(d) She is tired and needs a place to rest.
4. Who is the man that Byron Bunch recalls as coming to work at the planing mill three years ago?
(a) Joe Miller
(b) Joe Christmas
(c) Joe Louis
(d) Joe Kennedy
5. Where does Christmas get a job?
(a) At the bus station
(b) At the dry goods store
(c) At the gas station
(d) At the planing mill
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the townspeople think Joe Christmas has committed the murder of Miss Burden?
2. What is Joe Christmas' biggest secret?
3. How much is the reward for the apprehension of Miss Burden's murderer?
4. Why was Hightower fired from his ministry position?
5. Why do the two men in the wagon, Armstid and Winterbottom, give Lena a ride?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)