|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Byron fall in love with at first sight?
(b) The bank teller
(c) The choir director
(d) Miss Burden
2. Why is Christmas shocked when he arrives at Bobbie's?
(a) Bobbie is not packed yet.
(b) He did not know Bobbie would have so many suitcases.
(c) He finds her employers and two other men in her room.
(d) Bobbie is not there.
3. As Byron escorts Lena through the crowd in town talking about the fire, what does he not want Lena to hear?
(a) That Miss Burden was murdered
(b) That Joe Christmas was murdered.
(c) That Lucas Burch was murdered.
(d) That Hightower was murdered.
4. Why is Joe ashamed when he places an order for pie and coffee?
(a) He is too young to drink coffee.
(b) He does not have enough money.
(c) He stutters when he talks.
(d) He spills the coffee on his shirt.
5. Who did Lena live with in Doane's Mill?
(a) Her older brother
(b) Her parents
(c) Her best friend
(d) Her godparents
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mrs. Hightower die?
2. What happens one day when Christmas is taking some of the answer to #61?
3. When Christmas' position in the room is revealed, the dietician accuses him of __________.
4. What do Christmas and Brown call work at the mill after they quit?
5. Who is the man that Byron Bunch recalls as coming to work at the planing mill three years ago?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)