|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens one day when Christmas is taking some of the answer to #61?
(a) Christmas breaks a valuable keepsake.
(b) Christmas soils his clothes.
(c) Christmas falls asleep.
(d) The dietician and her lover enter her room for an amorous encounter.
2. Why has Lena left Doane's Mill?
(a) Because she lost her job.
(b) Because she was evicted.
(c) Because she does not like anybody there.
(d) Because it will soon be a ghost town.
3. Christmas is out late with his friends despite the fact that he knows that McEachern will punish him when he gets home. How will Christmas be punished?
(a) McEachern will beat him.
(b) McEachern will ground him.
(c) McEachern will take away his allowance.
(d) McEachern will verbally abuse him.
4. What does Christmas take from Mrs. McEachern's secret hiding place?
(a) A diary
(b) A deed
5. Why does Joe Christmas refrain from beating Joe Brown when he could have easily killed him the night in the cabin?
(a) Because Joe Christmas really wants to kill Miss Burden
(b) Because Joe Brown overpowers Joe Christmas
(c) Because Joe Christmas does not have the heart of a killer
(d) Because Joe Brown is Joe Christmas' best friend
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Christmas attracted to the waitress?
2. What is the intention of the four boys?
3. What does Mrs. McEachern bring Christmas after Mr. McEachern leaves?
4. Who does Byron fall in love with at first sight?
5. How did Mrs. Hightower die?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)