|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been living in the cabin on the Burden property?
(a) Joe Christmas and Joe Brown
(b) Lena and Lucas Burch
(c) Lena and Joe Brown
(d) Lena and Joe Christmas
2. What is in the six metal tins which Christmas digs up in a nearby ditch?
3. Where does the janitor take Christmas?
(a) To a ballgame
(b) To church
(c) To the movies
(d) To a different orphanage
4. How does Mr. McEachern punish Christmas in the stable
(a) He makes him clean out the stalls.
(b) He makes him do heavy lifting.
(c) He whips him with a heavy strap multiple times.
(d) He berates him verbally.
5. Why do the townspeople think Joe Christmas has committed the murder of Miss Burden?
(a) Because he never has been any good
(b) Because he has Negro blood
(c) Because he is an itinerant
(d) Because he has murderous eyes
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Christmas meeting on this night?
2. What does Christmas do with the answer to #77?
3. Who did Lena live with in Doane's Mill?
4. Why does Byron think that he and Hightower continue to lead such solitary lives?
5. Who is Lena's brother?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)