|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Byron not tell Lena that Joe Brown is actually Lucas Burch?
(a) Because he wants Lena to return home.
(b) Because he does not want her making a fool of herself in front of the whole town.
(c) Because he wants her to like him.
(d) Because he wants Lena to stop poking around in things that are not her business.
2. How much time does Byron spend at the mill?
(a) Six days a week
(b) Part-time hours
(c) 40 hours
(d) Whatever he feels like
3. What does Mr. McEachern make Christmas do later in the day after the punishment?
(a) He makes Christmas vow that he will do better.
(b) He makes Christmas apologize.
(c) He makes Christmas stay in his room for the rest of the weekend.
(d) He makes Christmas kneel on the floor by his bed to pray.
4. What does Christmas do as he stands underneath Miss Burden's bedroom window?
(a) He strips himself of the undergarment he wears.
(b) He yells obscenities at her.
(c) He serenades her.
(d) He throws rocks at her window.
5. Christmas is out late with his friends despite the fact that he knows that McEachern will punish him when he gets home. How will Christmas be punished?
(a) McEachern will ground him.
(b) McEachern will beat him.
(c) McEachern will take away his allowance.
(d) McEachern will verbally abuse him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joe Brown accuse of murdering the answer to #42?
2. What does the dietician offer Christmas as a bribe?
3. How many days pass before Christmas is returned to the orphanage?
4. How do the townspeople know that Mrs. Hightower is on the verge of a breakdown?
5. Who did Lena live with in Doane's Mill?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)