|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Byron takes Lena to a _______________ so she can spend the night.
(a) bed and breakfast
2. Who is Christmas meeting on this night?
(a) His real father
(b) His girlfriend
(c) His drug dealer
(d) His best friend
3. What is the intention of the four boys?
(a) They are going to have sex with a Negro girl waiting inside the sawmill.
(b) They want to meet some wild girls from out of town.
(c) They want to smoke some dope inside the sawmill.
(d) They want to get drunk.
4. In the morning, Christmas returns to the cabin and dresses in _____________________.
(a) t-shirt and jeans
(c) suit pants, white shirt and bow tie
(d) formal suit and suspenders
5. What does Byron tell Hightower about Lena?
(a) That he told her that she is just looking for trouble by looking for Lucas Burch.
(b) That he told her that she should go back home.
(c) That he told Lena that Joe Brown is the Lucas Burch she seeks.
(d) That he told her that there is no one in town that fits the description of Lucas Burch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does McKinley think is the father of Lena's baby?
2. Why does Christmas feel that something powerful is taking over his body and something irreversible is about to happen?
3. Where do Christmas and Brown live?
4. Why does Byron not tell Lena that Joe Brown is actually Lucas Burch?
5. Who is the other man who shows up unexpectedly at the mill for a job?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)