|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes plans to adopt Christmas and take him away from the orphanage?
(a) The janitor
(b) Mr. and Mrs. McEachern
(c) Miss Burden
(d) Rev. Hightower
2. This chapter goes back in time to provide the reader with information about events. This technique is called _________________.
(a) chronological manipulation
(b) timeline redux
(c) plot reversal
3. What does Mr. McEachern want Christmas to do?
(a) Become a better fisherman
(b) Memorize his catechism studies
(c) Chop more wood for the house
(d) Learn how to farm
4. What does Mr. McEachern make Christmas do later in the day after the punishment?
(a) He makes Christmas apologize.
(b) He makes Christmas kneel on the floor by his bed to pray.
(c) He makes Christmas vow that he will do better.
(d) He makes Christmas stay in his room for the rest of the weekend.
5. What does the answer to #46 discover when he finds Miss Burden?
(a) That her head has been almost severed from her body
(b) That she is still alive
(c) That she is incoherent
(d) That she has been burned almost beyond recognition
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Christmas and Brown call work at the mill after they quit?
2. Who does Byron fall in love with at first sight?
3. Why had Hightower originally come to town?
4. As Byron escorts Lena through the crowd in town talking about the fire, what does he not want Lena to hear?
5. Why does Christmas decide to sleep in the stables instead of the cabin?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)