|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christmas sell in order to buy a new suit?
(a) His stamp collection
(b) A heifer
(c) Some old coins
(d) Some antique farm equipment
2. Why is Joe ashamed when he places an order for pie and coffee?
(a) He spills the coffee on his shirt.
(b) He does not have enough money.
(c) He stutters when he talks.
(d) He is too young to drink coffee.
3. What name does the dietician call Christmas?
(a) little rascal
(b) filthy bastard
(c) nigger bastard
(d) stupid brat
4. Who does Byron fall in love with at first sight?
(a) The choir director
(c) The bank teller
(d) Miss Burden
5. Where is Christmas headed with his three friends?
(a) To a deserted sawmill
(b) To the river
(c) To the local bar
(d) To the next town
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Byron not tell Miss Burden about Christmas and Brown's illegal whiskey business?
2. Who is Bobbie?
3. Who has been living in the cabin on the Burden property?
4. When Christmas' position in the room is revealed, the dietician accuses him of __________.
5. Why does Byron think that he and Hightower continue to lead such solitary lives?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)