|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lena's hometown?
(a) Doane's Mill, Alabama
(b) Mobile, Alabama
(c) Montgomery, Alabama
(d) Memphis, Tennessee
2. How does Christmas escape the McEachern house one night?
(a) He hitches a ride to the nearby bus station.
(b) He leaves when the McEacherns are at church.
(c) He shimmies down a rope hanging from his bedroom window.
(d) He pretends to go to school but runs away.
3. What do the other mill workers discover that Joe Christmas has been doing?
(a) Working the night shift
(b) Driving a cab
(c) Selling whiskey illegally
(d) Volunteering at the hospital
4. How do the townspeople know that Mrs. Hightower is on the verge of a breakdown?
(a) She interrupts her husband's Sunday sermon by standing in the church aisle shrieking at him.
(b) She has no interest in fundraising drives.
(c) She refuses to join in Bible study groups.
(d) She refuses to go to choir practice.
5. Why does Byron not tell Lena that Joe Brown is actually Lucas Burch?
(a) Because he wants Lena to stop poking around in things that are not her business.
(b) Because he wants her to like him.
(c) Because he does not want her making a fool of herself in front of the whole town.
(d) Because he wants Lena to return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the six metal tins which Christmas digs up in a nearby ditch?
2. Where does Hightower now spend all his time?
3. Who tries to prevent the answer to #46 from entering the house to check for survivors?
4. Why does Christmas feel that something powerful is taking over his body and something irreversible is about to happen?
5. Who makes plans to adopt Christmas and take him away from the orphanage?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)