|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Byron not tell Miss Burden about Christmas and Brown's illegal whiskey business?
(a) Because Byron does not like Miss Burden
(b) Because it is none of her business
(c) Because she is an abolitionist
(d) Because she approves of the whiskey sales
2. What is Lena's hometown?
(a) Doane's Mill, Alabama
(b) Mobile, Alabama
(c) Montgomery, Alabama
(d) Memphis, Tennessee
3. What does Christmas do as he stands underneath Miss Burden's bedroom window?
(a) He strips himself of the undergarment he wears.
(b) He throws rocks at her window.
(c) He serenades her.
(d) He yells obscenities at her.
4. What do the townspeople do after Mrs. Hightower's death?
(a) They force Hightower to resign, lock him out of the church and give him momey to relocate.
(b) They send him on a much-needed vacation.
(c) They tell him to get his act together.
(d) They send him to a sanitorium,
5. How much time does Byron spend at the mill?
(a) Whatever he feels like
(b) Part-time hours
(c) 40 hours
(d) Six days a week
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Hightower originally come to town?
2. What does Christmas do with the alcohol in the tins?
3. Where does Lena go the next morning?
4. Who is the only one who knows that Byron drives all night on Saturdays in order to conduct the choir at a distant country church and then drive home in time to go to work on Mondays?
5. What is in the six metal tins which Christmas digs up in a nearby ditch?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)