|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older than Lena is McKinley?
(a) 20 years
(b) 13 years
(c) 7 years
(d) 10 years
2. Who does Joe Brown accuse of murdering the answer to #42?
(a) Lena Grove
(c) Lucas Burch
(d) Joe Christmas
3. Where did Mrs. Hightower go on Saturday nights?
(a) Choir practice
(d) Out to dinner
4. Why does Byron not tell Lena that Joe Brown is actually Lucas Burch?
(a) Because he wants Lena to stop poking around in things that are not her business.
(b) Because he wants Lena to return home.
(c) Because he does not want her making a fool of herself in front of the whole town.
(d) Because he wants her to like him.
5. Why do the townspeople think Joe Christmas has committed the murder of Miss Burden?
(a) Because he has Negro blood
(b) Because he is an itinerant
(c) Because he has murderous eyes
(d) Because he never has been any good
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Christmas and Brown live?
2. What do Christmas and Brown call work at the mill after they quit?
3. Who has been living in the cabin on the Burden property?
4. How do the townspeople know that Mrs. Hightower is on the verge of a breakdown?
5. Why does Christmas quit his job at the mill?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)