|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Byron tell Hightower has happened at the Burden house?
(a) A room has been added
(b) A drug raid
(c) A fire
(d) A big party
2. Why has Lena left Doane's Mill?
(a) Because she was evicted.
(b) Because it will soon be a ghost town.
(c) Because she does not like anybody there.
(d) Because she lost her job.
3. Who is the only one who knows that Byron drives all night on Saturdays in order to conduct the choir at a distant country church and then drive home in time to go to work on Mondays?
(a) Lucas Burch
(b) Former minister Hightower
4. What does Christmas do as he stands underneath Miss Burden's bedroom window?
(a) He strips himself of the undergarment he wears.
(b) He throws rocks at her window.
(c) He serenades her.
(d) He yells obscenities at her.
5. Who tries to prevent the answer to #46 from entering the house to check for survivors?
(a) A neighbor
(b) A drunken man
(c) A policeman
(d) A sheriff's deputy
Short Answer Questions
1. Byron tells Hightower that a ______________ discovered the fire at the Burden place yesterday morning.
2. Who does McKinley think is the father of Lena's baby?
3. Why does Byron not tell Miss Burden about Christmas and Brown's illegal whiskey business?
4. Why is Lena walking down the dusty road?
5. What does Hightower do to supplement his monthly inheritance since he lost his position at the church twenty-five years ago?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)