|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hightower now spend all his time?
(a) In seclusion at his home
(b) At the library
(d) In a bar
2. Who does Joe Brown accuse of murdering the answer to #42?
(a) Lucas Burch
(c) Lena Grove
(d) Joe Christmas
3. What does Christmas do after he awakens?
(a) He writes some letters that he has been been delaying.
(b) He decides to just spend the day daydreaming at the stream.
(c) He goes to a small store nearby to buy food for breakfast.
(d) He cooks the fish he has caught.
4. What is Lena's hometown?
(a) Memphis, Tennessee
(b) Montgomery, Alabama
(c) Mobile, Alabama
(d) Doane's Mill, Alabama
5. Why does Byron think that he and Hightower continue to lead such solitary lives?
(a) Because they do not like team events.
(b) Because man is more afraid of change than of the troubles he already has experienced and those familiar to him.
(c) Because they have anti-social personalities
(d) Because they have had disastrous experiences with women before.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the townspeople think Joe Christmas has committed the murder of Miss Burden?
2. How much time does Byron spend at the mill?
3. Why does Christmas decide to sleep in the stables instead of the cabin?
4. What does Christmas do when he returns to the spring?
5. Why had Hightower originally come to town?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)