|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who befriends Hightower after twenty years of his seclusion?
(a) Byron Bunch
(b) Joe Christmas
(c) Miss Atkins
(d) Lena Grove
2. What do the other mill workers discover that Joe Christmas has been doing?
(a) Volunteering at the hospital
(b) Working the night shift
(c) Selling whiskey illegally
(d) Driving a cab
3. Who is the other man who shows up unexpectedly at the mill for a job?
4. Where did Mrs. Hightower go on Saturday nights?
(a) Out to dinner
(c) Choir practice
5. What does the answer to #46 discover when he finds Miss Burden?
(a) That she is still alive
(b) That her head has been almost severed from her body
(c) That she has been burned almost beyond recognition
(d) That she is incoherent
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hightower do to supplement his monthly inheritance since he lost his position at the church twenty-five years ago?
2. What happens to Lena after she sneaks out of McKinley's house one night?
3. Why do the townspeople think Joe Christmas has committed the murder of Miss Burden?
4. When Hightower does not leave, who threatens him by beating him unconscious in the woods near his home?
5. Who tries to prevent the answer to #46 from entering the house to check for survivors?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)